Broken makes right

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: zezuils beast.1204

zezuils beast.1204

Is no one going to adress the fact that a trait as broken as might makes right had to be made for warrior to even become remotely viable in pvp and wvw? Dodging with strength line gives you an unblockable 2-5k attack that also evades (duh). If you had a gs out this also gave you might which now also gives you part of your dodge back and some healing. Running might on hit/crit with strength rune now not only allows you to keep 20+ stacks of might but also constantly heals you and tops of your endurance. A trait so strong it actually made core warrior incredibly strong compared to berserker. Possibly even stronger than the pre nerfed version of berserker. Yet it only allows the class to be on par with with worst meta builds.

I’m not claiming that the trait should be nerfed in warriors current state. However I would like to see it tuned down in exchange for buffs in other areas. In the current state of Warrior you’re either locked into strength, defense and discipline or your build is lackluster and gets stomped by anyone that stayed on the 3 necessary lines. No other class has a traitline so set in stone. In warriors current state and without changes to spell breaker I will not get anything new in the expansion for my favorite class and it will just be another 2 years of core warrior. At least with hot they let us get a bit of fun burst skills for a few months until they nerfed it into the ground. Speaking on which, please never nerf animation times again, don’t let other classes suffer the berserker torture.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Is no one going to adress the fact that a trait as broken as might makes right had to be made for warrior to even become remotely viable in pvp and wvw? Dodging with strength line gives you an unblockable 2-5k attack that also evades (duh). If you had a gs out this also gave you might which now also gives you part of your dodge back and some healing. Running might on hit/crit with strength rune now not only allows you to keep 20+ stacks of might but also constantly heals you and tops of your endurance. A trait so strong it actually made core warrior incredibly strong compared to berserker. Possibly even stronger than the pre nerfed version of berserker. Yet it only allows the class to be on par with with worst meta builds.

I’m not claiming that the trait should be nerfed in warriors current state. However I would like to see it tuned down in exchange for buffs in other areas. In the current state of Warrior you’re either locked into strength, defense and discipline or your build is lackluster and gets stomped by anyone that stayed on the 3 necessary lines. No other class has a traitline so set in stone. In warriors current state and without changes to spell breaker I will not get anything new in the expansion for my favorite class and it will just be another 2 years of core warrior. At least with hot they let us get a bit of fun burst skills for a few months until they nerfed it into the ground. Speaking on which, please never nerf animation times again, don’t let other classes suffer the berserker torture.

Might Makes Right is a grandmaster trait that synergizes well with the Strength line, which is designed for Power builds. I wouldn’t call it broken. The heal it gives is small and is a means of much needed sustain as it makes Defense not mandatory. Might Makes Right will be used for both Core and Spellbreaker builds that don’t take hammer. Neither Power nor Condi Berserker takes Strength in PvP and Berserker has been transitioned into Condi for PvP. I personally will be running Spellbreaker / Strength / Discipline with Greatsword / Daggers at the start of PoF.

Currently in sPvP, both Power and Condi builds can easily reach and are playable at the Platinum level. Spellbreaker should elevate Warrior into Legendary+ (and if it doesn’t, the Devs have failed since Spellbreaker is first and foremost a PvP build).

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It doesn’t seem remotely broken to me, nor does it make the Strength line mandatory.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I think might makes right is absolutely ridiculous… in PvE. That much energy regen is nuts on a class that already has unreal amounts of passive survivability, and I doubt A-net is happy with turning power warriors into daredevil-lite.

I recall a time vigor uptime was nerfed across the board because they didn’t like dodge spam. Might makes right is kind of back peddling on that. It’s not nearly as offensive in PvP as far as I can tell, however.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Why would you be upset about too much energy then in pve?

Also, it takes application if 10 might to equal one dodge, and that assumes not already being at full endurance or under the effect of weakness.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Guys are seriously making this trash up..

I don’t know any one who runs might makes right in pve lol

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Git gud

I see that you main Thief, but apparently Vault spam which is an evade and can out damage a level 3 Eviscerate is balanced i guess but warrior is not ?! , On top of 3 dodges, evades, stealth, blocks and shadow steps.

There are numbers of broken builds but people chose to cry about warrior.

Core Warrior needed such a change, Core builds should never be inferior to Elite builds.

Anet stated that Elite traits are a choice not an upgrade.

(edited by Juba.8406)

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Are you guys even reading the thread wtf

He’s saying that Anet made yet another traitline so mandatory for warrior to function and this is horrible, which all of us should agree with.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Juba.8406

He’s saying that Anet made yet another traitline so mandatory for warrior to function and this is horrible, which all of us should agree with.

Actually no.

You can pair Spellbreaker with Strength now and be viable and synergies well, instead of the usual must have DEFENSE/DISCIPLINE

Spellbreaker can now choose to drop defense in favor of Strength, Which means DEFENSE got less mandatory .

Now if they only do something about Discipline, which is indeed our most mandatory line not Strength.

(edited by Juba.8406)

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

He claimed that the trait is broken and that it makes Strength mandatory. Neither of those things are true.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: thaniretouni.4762

thaniretouni.4762

He claimed that the trait is broken and that it makes Strength mandatory. Neither of those things are true.

I definitely agree with what you said. It does not make strength mandatory in any game mode and for basically any build. Condi builds will pick either other lines or the hammer trait. Power builds usually need Discipline and Defence, then they can choose between Strength, Arms or Tactics depending on what they play or if they are in group etc. That trait is on par with many other good grandmaster traits, both in warrior’s and other classes trait lines. Might makes right works best in WvW and even there it is Great, but not superb. Warrior has suffered many, many nerfs and he at least got something positive that synergises well with the core, berserker and spellbreaker specs. People need to stop complaining for the good things, because we already have enough complaints for everything else (that goes for all classes, just check other sub-forums).

(edited by thaniretouni.4762)

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

strength is not mandatory, defense and discipline is, you can not drop these two if you play serious pvp.
strength line definitely make power build a lot more fun, like pre nerf building momentum
if there’s a meta for spellbreaker, meta will only be spellbreaker/defense/discipline

and i’m not sure where you got the feeling spellbreaker has synergy with strengths. nothing buff strength more then defense and discipline

(edited by lighter.2708)

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

true, it looks like a meta for SB will be something like SB / Defense / Discipline … you have enough tools here to be effective and don’t need MmR as the trade offs wouldn’t be worth the endurance regen but it makes core insanely strong at the moment.

Tanbin

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Juba.8406

and i’m not sure where you got the feeling spellbreaker has synergy with strengths. nothing buff strength more then defense and discipline

At least in WvW zerging, I can see warrior going STR/DISC/SB hammer with all CC traits.

To be honest, Spellbreaker’s heal alone is enough to make me consider dropping defense, let alone Full Counter.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I think might makes right is absolutely ridiculous… in PvE. That much energy regen is nuts on a class that already has unreal amounts of passive survivability, and I doubt A-net is happy with turning power warriors into daredevil-lite.

k cool….we are almost ranger level kitten when it comes to being unkillable in pve now?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Broken makes right

in Warrior

lighter.2708

At least in WvW zerging, I can see warrior going STR/DISC/SB hammer with all CC traits.

To be honest, Spellbreaker’s heal alone is enough to make me consider dropping defense, let alone Full Counter.

in seriously pvp, or roaming, 1v+ you can not hope to drop defense.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

You can definitely drop Defense as Spellbreaker, but it depends on the set up and play style you are going for.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

k cool….we are almost ranger level kitten when it comes to being unkillable in pve now?

I honestly feel dirty playing a warrior in PvE content. It feels like cheating you’re so impervious to death.

Broken makes right

in Warrior

lighter.2708

You can definitely drop Defense as Spellbreaker, but it depends on the set up and play style you are going for.

nop you can not drop defense, there’s no way, might makes right does simply not make you drop defense, nor can full counter, which is can be poked with the simplest attack. any serious 5v5 or roaming, you can not drop defense