[Build] Havoc Roaming Warrrior

in Warrior

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Hi guys,

Im pretty much asking if you guy would like to rip this build apart, so basically say whats bad about it, ive attached both a build and a pov of the build being used, im not the warrior, i play the guard however, the warrior in question is long over due having his build revised and improved considering its the most common one used ^^

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyDORDUFUIX8AQ5QEEpPhXIFA-TFiFAB/pEEgHAATK/89IAM0+Dnpb4Q1fS4iAQKgnWGB-w

what do you guys think about this instead

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyDOREUFUIX8AwiuhI9J8CpAA-T1hFABA8AAMS53Z6EGa/hDV/JhDCQVKBJFwTLjA-w

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

With so many cond removal (and warhorn!) ‘mobile strike’ is absolute.
I would move that point to defence for the 230 extra power (with that much thougness). And power is the only thing this build really lacks.

About the build – yeah it’s one the most efficient builds for group roaming bringing heals boons and cleanse for the group while beening mobile, very tanky, nice damage and hammertime.

Dry Leaves

(edited by Eiland.1405)

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

I would move that point to defence for the 230 extra power (with that much thougness). And power is the only thing this build really lacks.

About the build – yeah it’s one the most efficient builds for group roaming bringing heals boons and cleanse for the group while beening mobile, very tanky, nice damage and hammertime.

thanks ^^ you make perfect sense, considering we run support guards aswell what do you guys think about this instead

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyDOREUFUIX8AwiuhI9J8CpAA-T1hFABA8AAMS53Z6EGa/hDV/JhDCQVKBJFwTLjA-w

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

not finished but we’d run the energy sigils and our group has very high boon production, im thinking maybe for the damage rolls rather than the extra power, its loss of 100 power but maybe all the rolls would make up the damage and then some, 730 power rating for a roll is pretty decent, that over 2k crits if it can crit, per roll mmmm

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

thanks ^^ you make perfect sense, considering we run support guards aswell what do you guys think about this instead

it’s a great build, especially if you’re doing small mans. one thing i would change is inspiring shouts instead of signet mastery. you simply don’t need anymore swiftness or fury when you have both warhorn and fgj. and inspiring shouts lets you immob and stun back to back.

you also want to be using lemongrass for food certainly. and a hydromancy sigil.

edit: watching that video for 2 seconds i can tell lemongrass isn’t being used. warriors MUST use lemongrass in wvw, theres no getting aorund it.

(edited by wads.5730)

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

it’s a great build, especially if you’re doing small mans. one thing i would change is inspiring shouts instead of signet mastery. you simply don’t need anymore swiftness or fury when you have both warhorn and fgj. and inspiring shouts lets you immob and stun back to back.

you also want to be using lemongrass for food certainly. and a hydromancy sigil.

edit: watching that video for 2 seconds i can tell lemongrass isn’t being used. warriors MUST use lemongrass in wvw, theres no getting aorund it.

you can blame our leader for that xD he normally drops the pot but he’s being cheap recently and started dropping mango pies so yeah thats a fair point, would alleviate a lot of the strain on our guards from having to remove as much,

that sounds interesting with the shouts, looking back at the video it does seem that he could do with a bit better adrenaline production, would help alot aswell having longer stuns ^^ ty

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Hi guys,

Im pretty much asking if you guy would like to rip this build apart,

Gladly,

I’ll start of by saying that the build is a rip off, nothing original about it. Same copy n paste build that every shout warrior uses except for 1 minor difference. Build has been around since game launch? Pretty much its the tried true and tested build.

If I had a dollar for every time someone new posted a similar build on the forum I’d be rich. Guys stop posting this please. We have seen it so many times, why keep on posting this build over and over now for like 2 years then ask people to rip it apart. I don’t get it.

Now let me get down to the basics of tearing your build apart.

First off, I understand this is a support build. Your job is basically to support the group and do CC. However the build is lacking in the CC department. If you want to do CC better you need merciless hammer simple the CD reduction equates into more knockdowns and knockbacks.

You went to for trooper runes which is fine for being a support warrior. But trooper runes really don’t do much for your own personal survival. They basically allow you to clear 2 extra conditions from yourself every 20 seconds. I think that as a roaming warrior Hoelbrak is a better rune. Mobile strikes is garbage. You don’t have to take my word for it.

No battle standard? battle standard is the single best thing besides a traited warhorn that warriors have. You could run a purley selfish build with battle standard at the minimum sloted and be more helpful and win more fights than your support build Resing downed group members is the single most powerful thing a warrior can do.

No inspiring shouts? Never seen a shout build without this trait.

Here are my corrections. Like I said you don’t have to take my word for it.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyD6QEwFUI77AwiuUIdGECbAA-TVCHABEcBAA4BAElSwP0NYkyvEOCABq+TJ7PMwBBgUAMpMC-w

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

Hi guys,

Im pretty much asking if you guy would like to rip this build apart,

Gladly,

I’ll start of by saying that the build is a rip off, nothing original about it. Same copy n paste build that every shout warrior uses except for 1 minor difference. Build has been around since game launch? Pretty much its the tried true and tested build.

If I had a dollar for every time someone new posted a similar build on the forum I’d be rich. Guys stop posting this please. We have seen it so many times, why keep on posting this build over and over now for like 2 years then ask people to rip it apart. I don’t get it.

Now let me get down to the basics of tearing your build apart.

First off, I understand this is a support build. Your job is basically to support the group and do CC. However the build is lacking in the CC department. If you want to do CC better you need merciless hammer simple the CD reduction equates into more knockdowns and knockbacks.

You went to for trooper runes which is fine for being a support warrior. But trooper runes really don’t do much for your own personal survival. They basically allow you to clear 2 extra conditions from yourself every 20 seconds. I think that as a roaming warrior Hoelbrak is a better rune. Mobile strikes is garbage. You don’t have to take my word for it.

No battle standard? battle standard is the single best thing besides a traited warhorn that warriors have. You could run a purley selfish build with battle standard at the minimum sloted and be more helpful and win more fights than your support build Resing downed group members is the single most powerful thing a warrior can do.

No inspiring shouts? Never seen a shout build without this trait.

Here are my corrections. Like I said you don’t have to take my word for it.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyD6QEwFUI77AwiuUIdGECbAA-TVCHABEcBAA4BAElSwP0NYkyvEOCABq+TJ7PMwBBgUAMpMC-w

firstly i need to thank you for taking the time to write and critisice thank you^^

secondly id just like to point out a few things,

1. in havoc if you dont spec team over personal survivability you wont ever do any better than equal fights, were there to fight outnumbered. trooper runes helps 5 allies where the hoelbrak just helps yourself.

2. yes he does run banner, thats just my fault for not getting that part down correctly

3. from the tone im reading the response in (i may be wrong) it seems like you think weve copywrited this build or claimed to say its ours, not by a long shot, were aware this is an old build hence it being time to update.

4. it seems weve both come to an aggreemant i made those corrections before you posted (forgot to update the banner xD) however i dont agree with dropping cleansing ire, im not sure if you’ve ever been part of a havoc squad (a serious one instead of a gank squad) but the rate at which conditions are applied to you are ridiculous yet you canto spec into full condi removal as this would severely harm your team so it needs to be team based.

but once again thanks for posting, youve reinforced what ive picked for my traits ^^

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

This is what im going to have our warriors run

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJQQNBiYDbkpjOPLDxyD6QEUFUIX8AwiubI9J8CpAA-TVCCABjpEkKlfO8AAA4CAE1+D1pboS1fQ4IAcxBBgUAMJMC-w

any objections, is there anything terribad with it? the only reason is, is becuase this is to be set as standard for our guild we could use the dps boost and i think that our warriors are skilled enough to handle the drop in armor. ^^

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

You wouldn’t call cleansing ire personal over team hammer trait? Taking cleansing ire over merciless hammer is clearly a selfish choice. You may argue that its needed. However that’s where our opinions differ. Where do you draw the line between personal over team? Faster cool downs on your hammer as well as the increased DPS helps your team. Cleansing Ire does nothing for that.

When is enough conditional removal enough? You are already using a traited war horn which converts conditions of your group to boons, you have shake it off. You are giving them heals, might, fury, resing and cc the question becomes when is enough enough. And are you better off being immune to CC than you are having to waste your condition clears on it. You be the judge.

When you are talking about group play a single warrior is not the only person removing conditions, you have other warriors doing it too, guardians, and people have there own also. It adds up.

Because that is what ends up happening in the end. This build gets 100% totally shut down from CC spaming immobilze cripple and chill, you blow your cleanses on it and it gets reapplied. But I really dont care if you want to listen or not if you die alot thats fine to me too. Because its the CC that kills people not so much conditions. CC + conditions. Or CC+ direct damage.

Lastly your build was way toooooooo glasy for a frontline hammer warrior. It would get dropped in a second.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I’m not sure if its worth taking reckless dodge over armored attack. You’ll have 50 extra toughness/healing power aswell as 120 extra power. Reckless dodge may deal some damage, but it wont do anything during coordianted spikes.

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

IMO, it shouldn’t be your Warriors who are carrying the load in terms of removing conditions for your team. Speccing into some condition removal, for your team i.e Warhorn and shouts but I don’t think you should completely go out of your way to do so. I kind of agree with Warlord in the sense that Hoelbrak would be the better choice of runes, or even Melandru or if you want to go more DPS oriented and have a team who can cover conditions go Strength Runes.

It should be your Guardians and your Eles that handle the bulk of your condition removal. They simply have the best tools and options for team condition removal. Also, most of your team should carry - condition duration food aside from a few very specialized builds.

A warrior’s job is best suited to deal damage, disrupt the enemy zerg and be a meat shield, that is the main role in a zerg, while also providing mild support. Guardians and Eles are recommended to help Warriors reinforce that role and cover any weaknesses that they may have while also providing a combination of healing, utility, condi removal, mild CC and a bit of DPS.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

IMO, it shouldn’t be your Warriors who are carrying the load in terms of removing conditions for your team. Speccing into some condition removal, for your team i.e Warhorn and shouts but I don’t think you should completely go out of your way to do so. I kind of agree with Warlord in the sense that Hoelbrak would be the better choice of runes, or even Melandru or if you want to go more DPS oriented and have a team who can cover conditions go Strength Runes.

It should be your Guardians and your Eles that handle the bulk of your condition removal. They simply have the best tools and options for team condition removal. Also, most of your team should carry – condition duration food aside from a few very specialized builds.

A warrior’s job is best suited to deal damage, disrupt the enemy zerg and be a meat shield, that is the main role in a zerg, while also providing mild support. Guardians and Eles are recommended to help Warriors reinforce that role and cover any weaknesses that they may have while also providing a combination of healing, utility, condi removal, mild CC and a bit of DPS.

im going to disagree with you there, this isnt GvG its outnumbered so you need a higher condiremoval than you would normally have to take, and war check out the video and youll see that we do survive and theres a warrior in our group in that vid running full zerk yet he never goes down with the same trait setup,

ive pretty much made up my mind thanks for the suggestions but id never take hoelbrak as a standard build setup, we have our guards and they run the healway so its fine in those terms, ill see how well our warriors can handle this, if they cant then we swap some zerk out for cav ^^

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

im going to disagree with you there, this isnt GvG its outnumbered so you need a higher condiremoval than you would normally have to take, and war check out the video and youll see that we do survive and theres a warrior in our group in that vid running full zerk yet he never goes down with the same trait setup,

Ya I watched your video and wasn’t impressed. Been playing this game since open beta and wvw for at least that long. Why ask for advice if you are just going to do whatever you wanted to anyways? I think you really don’t know what you are talking about and the others here do to. People who don’t know what they are talking about and need to ask for advices shouldn’t be dictating builds to other people in their guild. GL to you.

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

Ya I watched your video and wasn’t impressed. Been playing this game since open beta and wvw for at least that long. Why ask for advice if you are just going to do whatever you wanted to anyways? I think you really don’t know what you are talking about and the others here do to. People who don’t know what they are talking about and need to ask for advices shouldn’t be dictating builds to other people in their guild. GL to you.

thanks for the wishes ^^ ive taken advice from this thread (none from you) and modified the builds, not impressed? whatever i never made videos to impress you, we make them because we enjoy it, lets see some of your vids, im sure theyre unbelievably good, forum warriors always are good eh?

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

It should be your Guardians and your Eles that handle the bulk of your condition removal. They simply have the best tools and options for team condition removal. Also, most of your team should carry - condition duration food aside from a few very specialized builds.

ive pretty much made up my mind thanks for the suggestions but id never take hoelbrak as a standard build setup, we have our guards and they run the healway so its fine in those terms, ill see how well our warriors can handle this, if they cant then we swap some zerk out for cav ^^

I think everything I just said went way over your head so let me summarize.

#1: I said that Warriors should spec for some condition removal, but not to go overboard or all out. It isn’t their job to do so unless you lack Guardians. If you want team condition removal up the kitten just tell some body in your roaming group to reroll guardian.

#2: Me and Warlord also suggested Hoelbrak runes. They also help to mitigate conditions while giving you extra power and might duration. Being able to kill is also as important as living. As I said as well, Strength Runes and Melandru are also an option.

#3: I also said that most people should be using - condition duration food. That also helps to deal with conditions.

So it isn’t like you lack ways to deal with conditions at all if you adhere to some of the suggestions I have made. Obviously I don’t know what everybody in your roaming group runs so I wouldn’t be able to tell you the best advice.

However, you mention Healway Guardians as a counter argument to why you wouldn’t run Hoelbrak runes as a standard for your Warriors. But then your whole premise for running Trooper runes is that you fight outnumbered and that the conditions being applied is a lot. Is that not somewhat of a contradiction to what you have said? Because both runes help to deal with conditions.

And it is also kind of odd that you would post for advice yet it seems like you have already made up your mind on what you are going to run prior to making this thread so what is the point in asking?

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

wads.5730

your guardians should be running hoelbrak or melandru, and your warrriors should be running soldiers. the reasoning for this is because your guards usually use your shouts prior to an engagement, while warriors use their shouts during the engagement where the condi removal actually matter.

the reasoning for running cleansing ire over hammer cooldown is because against any organized group, they are going to have stability up when it matters. meaning your warriors should be in sword/horn instead of hammer. infact, your warriors should be in sword/horn over hammer in most situations. it’s simply not worth taking the hammer trait.

as for the argument that this build is too glassy for a frontline warrior, it depends on the composition of the rest of the group. there should be 2 guardians in the party with the warrior to give him stability and protection, while the warrior takes care of most of the condi removal. though i will agree that most guilds run their shout warriors a bit tankier, however they also have a couple dps warriors to compensate for that.

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

It should be your Guardians and your Eles that handle the bulk of your condition removal. They simply have the best tools and options for team condition removal. Also, most of your team should carry – condition duration food aside from a few very specialized builds.

I think everything I just said went way over your head so let me summarize.

#1: I said that Warriors should spec for some condition removal, but not to go overboard or all out. It isn’t their job to do so unless you lack Guardians. If you want team condition removal up the kitten just tell some body in your roaming group to reroll guardian.

#2: Me and Warlord also suggested Hoelbrak runes. They also help to mitigate conditions while giving you extra power and might duration. Being able to kill is also as important as living. As I said as well, Strength Runes and Melandru are also an option.

#3: I also said that most people should be using – condition duration food. That also helps to deal with conditions.

So it isn’t like you lack ways to deal with conditions at all if you adhere to some of the suggestions I have made. Obviously I don’t know what everybody in your roaming group runs so I wouldn’t be able to tell you the best advice.

However, you mention Healway Guardians as a counter argument to why you wouldn’t run Hoelbrak runes as a standard for your Warriors. But then your whole premise for running Trooper runes is that you fight outnumbered and that the conditions being applied is a lot. Is that not somewhat of a contradiction to what you have said? Because both runes help to deal with conditions.

And it is also kind of odd that you would post for advice yet it seems like you have already made up your mind on what you are going to run prior to making this thread so what is the point in asking?

im listening and some points youre right for my situation (i havnt explained our niche yet so i know its hard for you to give advice:C)

1# we dropped Ire and started using merciless hammer, the dps boost is pretty tasty and it feels like the rotation increased 10 fold havnt dropped soldiers runes, we tried but we immediatly noticed the conditions (we already run lemongrass as previously mentioned) so switched them back, we cant just roll another guardian it would sacrafice way too much dps considering were a small group but in a 15 sized group id completely agree

2# previously mentioned why we’re not taking those runes however were yet to try strength runes, all my warriors have a set with these runes so well give it a try ^^

3# are using that food, just put mango on because that was what was being used in the video but yeah its easily better than mango pies

when we gvg we will most certainly be using melandru/hoelbrak or strength but in our current playset we need to focus more on team setups, mainly its dps that we needed and the changes that warlord and i both came up with where amazing, they help a lot with the dps.

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

been running that setup now in the havoc and its beautiful, great passive dps since we are forced sometimes to play defensive due to the large numbers its good to not let the dps completely drop

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

why not take the 5 out of str, and put it into defense?

+50 heal
+50 armor
+110 power

the dodge damage can be nice, but…not reliable unless you spam dodge instead of using it well.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

This is pretty much the standard build for warrior shouts. You want cleansing ire, you want fast hands and shout heal. The last 5 is up to decide for yourself. I’d put them into defense for 220+ extra power.

Some thoughts of the latest linked build:

The dodge trait is awesome for solo, but in a group where for example stealth is used it will reveal you if you dodge. I usually run in a group with stealth so I never use it. If you run solo it’s brilliant for keeping pressure up as it does a significant amount of damage.

Merciless hammer instead of cleansing ire? Hm. You have 1 cleanse every 20 seconds, is it enough? Especially considering your choice of runes. Meaning the rest of the removal is strictly passive and not at all situational.

Some suggestions:

Take away the dodge trait and go 25 into defense. Why? Because the damage from Armored Attack is across the board, not just with the hammer, and it boosts your controlled damage output. In my opinion, Reckless Dodge is in this build something you go out of your way to get. You kitten your controlled damage, you sacrifice Cleansing Ire that makes both your burst skills somewhat less effective, and you have two amazing bursts that should be used ALOT, so having to wait for the adrenaline to go up is kind of meh imo. In return you get a a skill of great utility that is also cleaving, very good for facing multiple targets. But not enough for a build evolving around adding sustain to an entire party.

And talking about adding sustain to a party. Melandru runes is very good. For you. Doesn’t matter at all to your team mates. Trooper runes gives you 3 conditions removals on a 20 second cooldown for the ENTIRE party. It’s too great to look past. It does make a difference, your team mates will feel it. With that AND cleasning ire there’s nothing that will stop you and you will have more power for the amazing combos you can set up with the weapons of choice.

Then of course, every build should be personalized. I like to keep things tight and not spread out far in terms of traits and gear. I like to be controlled, sturdy and straight and most importantly be sure of having the right tools to make the most of every situation, not limit myself to an ideal scenario, because that rarely happens.

Maybe you learn something, maybe you feel you have found a sweet spot and don’t want to change anything. Your call!

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

yeah gamgee good suggestions, we change for gvg but this build is for our regular fights, we normaly jump into situations where if you dont have extreme condi removal youll die, hence why we dont use melandru as it doesnt remove it just reduces, 5 for the dodge roll is a change we made recently due to this forum post and its helped alot, i would never reccomend it unless your guild is constantly fighting outnumbered (5-10) vs (15-20) as it allows you to give out dps in a defensive state, you always see guilds just kiting large groups and not really killing anything which brings a tear to my eye.

The only thing really left down to ponder on for our raids now is whether or not we use Merc Hammer or Cleansing ire, take note though that we dont need CI for the condi removal it would just be the adrenaline boost, so its a tough decision

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

yeah gamgee good suggestions, we change for gvg but this build is for our regular fights, we normaly jump into situations where if you dont have extreme condi removal youll die, hence why we dont use melandru as it doesnt remove it just reduces, 5 for the dodge roll is a change we made recently due to this forum post and its helped alot, i would never reccomend it unless your guild is constantly fighting outnumbered (5-10) vs (15-20) as it allows you to give out dps in a defensive state, you always see guilds just kiting large groups and not really killing anything which brings a tear to my eye.

The only thing really left down to ponder on for our raids now is whether or not we use Merc Hammer or Cleansing ire, take note though that we dont need CI for the condi removal it would just be the adrenaline boost, so its a tough decision

I’m glad you consider it anyway. My guild always fight outnumbered, but we atm only run 3. It’s enough to most times at least give a good fight to 10 ppl and sometimes even a bit bigger. It’s in those environments I have developed my builds and it’s a very unforgiving environment. No room for error. Just the fact that Reckless Dodge is a POSSIBILITY of messing a stealth up is enough for me to not even consider it. You get my point.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

RedCobra.7693

I’m glad you consider it anyway. My guild always fight outnumbered, but we atm only run 3. It’s enough to most times at least give a good fight to 10 ppl and sometimes even a bit bigger. It’s in those environments I have developed my builds and it’s a very unforgiving environment. No room for error. Just the fact that Reckless Dodge is a POSSIBILITY of messing a stealth up is enough for me to not even consider it. You get my point.

yeah very true, thanks for letting me know that ill makes sure our warriors know it aswell incase theyre doing smaller roaming with the build ^^

in Warrior

wads.5730

being able to pull off 3 bar adren flurries often is the difference between and won fight and not. CI is way more important that merciless hammer. shout wars aren’t your damage dealers anyways. unless you’re talking about running in a group of 5 or less, but even then CI would be used for the condi clear in small mans then. either way CI is the way to go on shouts