[Build] Longbow / Greatsword

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Build Video (tl;dr) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhb5HEdGqH0

I have been running these weapons since….forever (before Cleansing Ire even existed actually)

I was kind of worried that the build I was running would be messed up, since I used to run a 0/5/6/0/3 spread with arms/defense/discipline with certain modifiers in the arms tree.

But now after the patch, those modifiers were either merged or changed to be more easy to acquire, so all-in-all it buffed the build I was using, other than 1 minor issue with Last Stand/Cleansing Ire being on the same tree requiring the tradeoff (previously you could have both)

Build:

Strength: 3-2-1
Defense: 2-1-2
Discipline: 2-3-2

GS/Lb

Zerker/Marauder (sPvP)/Soldier’s (WvW) + Pack Runes

Air/Fire/Hydro sigils to your preference

Heal Sig/Bull’s Charge/Berserker’s Stance/Balanced Stance/Rampage

The combination of Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus is….awesome, that is all.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Thanks for sharing, gotta try that, it’s been a while since I haven’t played GS/Bow, but it was quite fun, and your video is convincing (loved that hotjoin match).

Will you be making a rifle build, too?

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Yup. Same thing for me. Switched to 06503 about 6 months ago and loving the quickness.

Posted this back in may:

same GreatBow concept.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Thanks for sharing, gotta try that, it’s been a while since I haven’t played GS/Bow, but it was quite fun, and your video is convincing (loved that hotjoin match).

Will you be making a rifle build, too?

I personally dislike the rifle because it has so little to help you, some vuln, a volley and a knockback just don’t compare to the aoe, immob, blind, burns and damage you get from LB.

I did play a pure 6/2/0/0/6 build with rifle a long while ago using physical skills to constantly CC people and rifle them down, maybe it will work better now.

EDIT: just tested rifle again, plenty of damage, not enough utility, it still suffers.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)