Build Suggestions (Dual Axe/Rifle)

in Warrior

Posted by: Morguean.6041

Morguean.6041

Q:

I am looking for some advice when it comes to a build for my warrior. I am enjoying dual axes with rifle, so I fully intend to continue working on that playstyle, as its pretty enjoyable

the build I am working towards right now is http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McRzzo0MMohNmMohNmxa9MxVRaVVcb

I understand that it could be better, right now the warrior is only lvl 21, however I love to plan out exactly what I am doing. I am not interested in bleeds per se, if they happen they happen, but what I am interested in is supplying the vulnerable condition as well as generally being useful

So, thats my focus, but in addition, I am trying to keep a respectable crit/precision/power as well

in Warrior

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I am an axe/axe and rifle warrior. I have loved it since I first gave it a go. I am going to play around with a few other builds as I like the variety that this warrior can have.

I haven’t tried your build but I will show you mine and tell you why I love it.

This is a general PVE non group build

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#11|0|60|66|227|3903|246|15|836|0|0|20|2363|1519|0|20|1895|1081|0|0|0|0|0|15|1545|0|0|14|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

the 15 slot minor is godly with your healing signet. Axe/axe gives you tons of adrenaline lightning fast and with rifle you are rarely ever dumping your adrenaline due to the time it takes to fire Kill Shot.

In precision you get rifle reduction to your rifle skills which allows a boost in damage as well as an ability to kite so much better.

I felt it was far more important to get weapon swapping cut down to a minimum (although it can occasionally be glitchy) but weapon switching is super important with warriors and it gives you such a boost to damage that the more you can switch the better.

Defense boosts and as well as getting some additional stability I find is key.

Not saying it’s the best build but I really enjoy it.

in Warrior

Morguean.6041

I dont tend to weapon swap as often right now, but given the focus of some of the other traits, I chose very specific ones, and discipline ended up making the most sense, even though its not a sure thing

in Warrior

Morguean.6041

So, for those who do prefer gw2db’s skill calc, I did put my build up there

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/warrior#11|0|60|66|227|16754|246|30|836|1488|1496|10|1975|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|30|1107|1109|1105|14|0|1|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

its actually a pretty cool site, compared to guildhead, as it does show you flat out what you get, so theres that.

Again the emphasis on this build and playstyle ISNT to stack bleeds, should bleeds happen, cool, but the real shine here is vulnerability, which is a benefit more in single target fights of course, however with Rending Strikes and Cyclone Axe following with a Whirling Axe on a group of foes… yeah that gets fun REAL quick.

I hope to devote enough time this weekend to hitting 30 (eh, I work alot, go figure) then I can see how this build holds up as I level into it, and get into dungeons

in Warrior

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I will simply say good luck on the build. I find it too glass cannon for my taste and experience. I think you will find that as you start to level that defense is going to be very much desired. Especially in dungeons.

With this you should focus on gear that has precision and defense to make up for your holes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kanashi.5104

Kanashi.5104

I would pull out some points in discipline and go deeper into arms. You don’t benefit from crit damage if you don’t crit.

Kanashi * Iorianne * Aliza
Twitch.tv/kanashi | KanashiGD.com

in Warrior

Morguean.6041

I originally was going to go for 30 strength 30 arms, but I ended up finding that it didnt quite have the expected synergy with axes, maybe I was wrong i’ll check again

in Warrior

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

Below is the build I’m using combined with Berserker gear +Power Precision % Crit damage and it is working very well with dual Axe and rifle. Love using it with a Sigil of Rage on either Axe. Quickness for the win O_O

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=34a7g03n4443m24590ku00kdte0f81k1l1u22

Might need to copy and paste the link into browser…

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Morguean.6041

so far i jhave yet to see people using any one single calculator its like there are tons out there! I like it..

Hmm Its an interesting build to be sure, its the typical “great sword with a metric crap ton of signets” it would appear. I was actually hoping to avoid that myself, I do enjoy using a few signets naturally, they are pretty good, but i refuse to just throw in any old signet for the sake of precision