Build for an (almost total) beginner

in Warrior

Posted by: Demian.5147

Demian.5147

Hey guys,

I hit level 80 about 2 weeks ago and for my first few dungeon forays I went for the Invincible built. For those that don’t know, this is a super tanky shout healing built 0/0/30/30/10 with full PTV armor/trinkets, and cleric weapons. I have enjoyed the built a lot, and I think is an excellent build for a beginner. I felt my shouts helped the party and I was often the last man standing.

However, I am getting the feeling that I could/should be bringing more DPS to the table. For example, I recently run AC p1 and realized that the most difficult part was cleaning those burrows as fast as possible; my tanky built was not great for this. Also, being the last man standing might actually not be a good thing; if I were doing more damage perhaps there would be more of us standing by the end. I am guessing this is old news for most of you, as full Zerker seems to be the current meta. However, I don’t think I am ready to go full Zerker yet (actually I doubt I will ever be ready to go full Zerker).

So, what is a good build for a not-completely-inexperienced warrior? Soldier armor and zerker trinkets/weapons has been recommended to me, but what about the traits? Keep the shout heal, or wean off it? More the 30 from Defense to Strength/Arms?

Any advice (or links to similar threads) is welcomed!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

You’re already running a warrior, do you really need a specified “beginner’s” build?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

now now Arganthium, beeee nice! And do my calculus homework!

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

now now Arganthium, beeee nice! And do my calculus homework!

Haha xD

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

PVT shout heal build is great for WvW zerging , but for PvE you should aim for full zerker, maybe keep the traits as its now and start replacing PVT gear by berserker little by little until you get better at it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

You’re already running a warrior, do you really need a specified “beginner’s” build?

Are you not even able to post decently to a beginner asking for help…if it involves a warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Ok, I’ll bite. Beginner’s/Intermediate’s build for GS/?:
Knight’s armor w/ Melandru
’Zerker trinkets and Assassin weps
30/0/20/0/20
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQJARTjkOJvBP+OMxBEkCNsKMP6BgoIUKsjNE-j0xAorkh5CUCsIaslxioxqWwUlER1ejioVDA-w

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

Are you not even able to post decently to a beginner asking for help…if it involves a warrior?

Wow, some people seem to take my jokes far more seriously than I do.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Run the meta traits with tanky gear if you must.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Demian.5147

Demian.5147

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions! I was worried for a while that I was only going to get trolls like the first couple of answers; thanks for disproving that!

The way I see it, the most conservative strategy is Juba’s (keep traits, start replacing gear), then Flint’s with 30/0/20/0/20 and DPS gear, and lastly Nike’s with DPS traits played with tanky gear. I think I will actually do all of these, one after the other, in this order, until I get good enough to graduate to full DPS gear with current meta traits. If I find myself unable to get there (which is pretty likely as I said before), I will at least have pushed myself as far as possible into the current meta of full Zerker/DPS, which is as much as I can ask from myself anyway (I am not a really good gamer, not event close).

Again, thanks for all the advice guys; this is really helpful!

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Full Berserker with the common meta build is the best build for a beginner.

You will learn nothing in PVT where you can just face-tank the boss until it dies from old age.

Knights armor/Zerk trinkets if you’re really struggling to learn I guess, but it shouldn’t be your first choice to learn – especially as a Warrior.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

30/25/x/x/x

The meta is 30/25/0/0/15 for Fast Hands to GS/Axe swap, but if you feel you need more survivability, you could always go 30/25/15/0/0 for Adrenal Health.

Warrior has the highest health pool and highest base armor rating. That’s all the defense you’ll ever need. Run the build I mentioned with Zerker gear and you’ll be all set.