Build review - Banner heal zerg war

in Warrior

Posted by: Madcat.2379

Madcat.2379

http://tinyurl.com/ntssu9t

Mace shield hammer. This is a build I’m planning to migrate to from my current, very similar build. The idea is you wade into the mass when you need 25 stacks of might. You can smack with the mace, or pull out the hammer and do some good AOE damage with earthshaker. I’ve toyed with this build a bit trying to get good synergy and the problem here is getting enough adrenaline to use it, so I put down Cleansing ire with the bonus of clearing conditions.

Instead of reflecting missiles, I debate putting shield mastery, but you can also gain might off the mace block.

The might actually lasts a long time due to the tactics line, water and monk runes, plus Omnomberry cream. This also allows long-duration regen despite the raid moving around a lot. Around 300+ a tick. If you can get folks to carry your banners and just drop them before they go into battle, they’ll usually start with 30+ seconds of regen.

Things I don’t like:
Really miss 15 in discipline. I like switching fast between weapons.
Choosing between hammer mastery and gaining adrenaline via cleansing ire. Need a reliable way to gain adrenaline. I kinda miss the adept version without the cleansing for this reason =/

I’d love some comments/advice to help me adjust it before I spend gold
Thanks in advance!

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

How do you leave combat? Because you have no movement skills on your weapons.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Madcat.2379

Alternate build, similar style, but more flexibility.

http://tinyurl.com/pre7r66

Also wonder, as a second tactics trait, 20% damage under 50% health? or +150 attack to allies? Applies to both builds

in Warrior

Madcat.2379

Not sure what you mean? I… walk away? I’m with a zerg, so I stick with raidleader. If I need a bit more speed I can always use the banners for swiftness. (I always keep the tactics banner on me as we move for active heal + swiftness + blast then drop it once I’m in combat)

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Frontlines for CC but doesn’t dive far.

Also wonder, as a second tactics trait, 20% damage under 50% health? or +150 attack to allies? Applies to both builds

Under 50% ur risking getting focused for another downed body since you’re at melee and 150 power to 5 people in total is probably doing more than 20% part of the time just from you. Another thing I noticed the other day but haven’t had a chance to test is the description for empower allies says the buff procs every 3 seconds but lasts for 9 seconds, I’m not sure but it MIGHT spread to a lot more than 4 other people… Main drawback is it can’t stack but in wvw you probably don’t have 20% of your people as warriors running that trait.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I don’t recommend making banner spec for WvW zerg. Banners can be useful sometimes if you run in havoc group and all you major fights are in cap circle, but in any group of larger size you will be moving alot, losing all your banner bonuses. If you want healing, go to shouts. Also i suggest switch to 0-0-25-30-15 spec, it’s universal for support and have alot of room for various support and half-support builds.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

25 in defense is generally outweighed by DoTE damage wise. 150 power (from 3k toughness) is a pretty low addition with all the might flying around in a large group, maybe 5-7% or so… while you can pretty much guarantee the other guys will have 6-8 boons (+18-24%).

Empower allies on the other hand gives more power to others, seeing as you’ll hit like a wet noodle at best with this build it’s probably better to pick this up. If you were going the damage route I’d take empowered over desperate power in large groups, pretty much guaranteed 6 boons in an organized group… +12% all the time, +20% half the time.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

DoTE is too situational, WvW targets rarely have alot of boons for long time. It’s more sPvP anti-bunker talent.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters