Bull's charge is the worst skill ever

in Warrior

Posted by: Noctis.4753

Noctis.4753

It always overshoot the target, making your next attack hitting the air due to some unknown bug which was not fixed since release.

Does anyone even use that garbage skill in pvp and wvw ?

(edited by Noctis.4753)

in Warrior

Posted by: Darck Archebald.8470

Darck Archebald.8470

It has a decent amount of utility in PVE/Fractals, I find it quite awesome and fitting, WvW don’t ever use it there is better utility out there. knocking down one person in WvW is not usually effective when you immobilize with bow(Skill 5) or knockdown with Hammer(f1 or Skill 5)

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Bulls Charge has never overshot my targets for me ever. Now, Rush has been a bit more problematic for me. Sometimes i’d just get the mobility toward my target and the strike wouldn’t happen. it would just go right to my GS auto-attack. And also, Rush doesn’t always work 100% of the time against enemy environmental structures like walls/barricades/burrows/catapults/etc.
However, id occasionally use Bulls Rush in Pvp, though there are some better skills depending on the build you want. it’s a pretty decent skill tho

in Warrior

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

I’ve actually had the exact opposite experience. Sometimes when trying to hit the BC → 100b combo, the BC would hit but the target ends up being too far for 100b to connect.

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

At same time its the best skill ever, i don’t rebember how many times my opponent dodged and i was rushing (even in place without moving) )till it landed hahahah

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The cooldown is a bit too lengthy to justify using it on your skill bar. Maybe lowering the cooldown to 32 seconds would be on par with other skills. If it gets too low of a cooldown you probably will never catch a warrior and people would abuse that part of its mechanics.

Other than that, I think people would be content with the skill actually working consistently.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

i’ve never paid much attention to it, but is Bulls Charge able to pass through/hit targets in your line of sight and still hit your target?

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

They should make it just like Charge in World of Warcraft, and problem solved.

no point trying to be different for the sake of being different. cause more problems as you can see.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

indeed bull’s charge is horrible in wvw.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Use Bolas. Less cd, more control, more reliable.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Problem is not only bullscharge makes your skills miss,but basicly every warrior utility or control skills except stuns.

Immobilize bug .ppl can dodge while immobilized lolol = Miss your attack,miss flurry damage,etc

Bull’s charge passes trough target but kdowns anyway,but you miss the target with your skills because of it .Hello Bs>1hb in the air

Rush………… nuff said

I am just wondering why is rtl working so flawlesly while every warrior mobility skill is so horrible bugged that is impossible to rely on,especially in a competitive pvp mode.See that hint ? How can it ever be competitive if half your skills are not working?

I even have a story with it. Had this really nice duel in wvw earlier and the fight was really really close,andrenaline was so high we were both on 10%ish and both on offensive .When i tought i won for using BS just out of cd and a damage skill guess what ,Bs moved trough,kdowned the player but my skill missed since i was like 400 range away from where i should have been.Died 15 seconds later :/

He didn’t stomp me and just waved and went away ( i do that too a lot) .But i was raaaaaging at Anet so bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I use it all the time, and haven’t really had problems with it. I use an axe build, so it makes a good gap closer and setup for eviscerate. Also quite handy when running from zergs, since I mostly solo roam.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheFiendishFiend.4057

TheFiendishFiend.4057

Bull’s Charge exists for one reason in WvW, getting around. Have it equipped with GS and S/W, turn off autotargeting in Options, and equip the trait that removes immob on movement skill (if you already have 20 in Disc) and nobody (NOBODY) can catch you. Great for scouting, getting back to commander after waypointing, escaping doomed fights (who does that? lol,) but its combat utility is limited
Other than that, Bull’s doesn’t have enough utility to rank among the Warrior’s best CCs.

~Lion~
Bearer of Tyrion’s Personal Banner, and[BOMB] GvG Officer

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If you think it’s bad, you’re using it wrong. Can’t tell you how many times it’s helped me secure a kill on someone who otherwise would have gotten away.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

If you think it’s bad, you’re using it wrong. Can’t tell you how many times it’s helped me secure a kill on someone who otherwise would have gotten away.

It’s not about using it wrong. A target can be running away from you on perfectly flat ground with no obstructions and your character will pass through the target or not reach it at all. Sometimes, the target is still knocked down but he’s actually not even near you which lets him just stand up ruining your combo.

I’m pretty sure that latency is the main reason that bullscharge fails so hard in WvW.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Problem is not only bullscharge makes your skills miss,but basicly every warrior utility or control skills except stuns.

Immobilize bug .ppl can dodge while immobilized lolol = Miss your attack,miss flurry damage,etc

Bull’s charge passes trough target but kdowns anyway,but you miss the target with your skills because of it .Hello Bs>1hb in the air

Rush………… nuff said

I am just wondering why is rtl working so flawlesly while every warrior mobility skill is so horrible bugged that is impossible to rely on,especially in a competitive pvp mode.See that hint ? How can it ever be competitive if half your skills are not working?

I even have a story with it. Had this really nice duel in wvw earlier and the fight was really really close,andrenaline was so high we were both on 10%ish and both on offensive .When i tought i won for using BS just out of cd and a damage skill guess what ,Bs moved trough,kdowned the player but my skill missed since i was like 400 range away from where i should have been.Died 15 seconds later :/

He didn’t stomp me and just waved and went away ( i do that too a lot) .But i was raaaaaging at Anet so bad.

What that story have to do with bull charge though?

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Bull’s Charge exists for one reason in WvW, getting around. Have it equipped with GS and S/W, turn off autotargeting in Options, and equip the trait that removes immob on movement skill (if you already have 20 in Disc) and nobody (NOBODY) can catch you. Great for scouting, getting back to commander after waypointing, escaping doomed fights (who does that? lol,) but its combat utility is limited
Other than that, Bull’s doesn’t have enough utility to rank among the Warrior’s best CCs.

oh wow never tried it for movement. is it really that good?
only problem is I dont like taking auto target and auto attack off.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

It’s not about using it wrong. A target can be running away from you on perfectly flat ground with no obstructions and your character will pass through the target or not reach it at all. Sometimes, the target is still knocked down but he’s actually not even near you which lets him just stand up ruining your combo.

I’m pretty sure that latency is the main reason that bullscharge fails so hard in WvW.

Hmm, that’s never happened to me. It could very well be lag. I could see how annoying that would be though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

oh wow never tried it for movement. is it really that good?
only problem is I dont like taking auto target and auto attack off.

Auto-targeting is terrible. Learn to play without it.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

chain stunning fools in pvp to their doom with bullcharge fellowed by stomp/ hammer burst / hammer chain has always been my favorite. i dont ever recall bullcharge actualy bugging. as for movement well i guess its a very good way to travel far and fast when teamed up with a sword main hand on offset and a shield off hand

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Warrior

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

Bulls Charge overshoots for me a lot especially when I’m lag spiking. When it’s consistent it works just fine.

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

More than often it overshoots .

(edited by Moderator)

in Warrior

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

Bulls Charge the “worst?” skill? I think I would say Rush is. Although, Bulls Charge could use a small aoe knockdown….

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ve seen this in rush, definitely, but not much bulls charge. O.o

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

As a gap closer / opener it works great, granted it does overshoot a lot for me as well, but I have noticed that people panic dodge all the time against it, which works well for my builds since having an enemy prematurely blow a dodge gives me an edge in a fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

You cannot dodge while immobilized. But you can use skills which trigger evade.

Bolas indeed are great. It seems anyone just expect stuns from warriors. So if they cannot move they just throw their stunbreaker. I killed so many players just by using Bola or Pin Down + 100b. Its unbelievable. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You cannot dodge while immobilized. But you can use skills which trigger evade.

Bolas indeed are great. It seems anyone just expect stuns from warriors. So if they cannot move they just throw their stunbreaker. I killed so many players just by using Bola or Pin Down + 100b. Its unbelievable. lol

Hes speaking about the fact that ppl sometime dodge out right in the time immo is applied. Question is howered..it is a bug with immo, dodge not working properly or simply lag? Happened to me a lot of times when i dodged ileap and while i was dodging immo was applied to me. Pin down did the same – applied immo in mid dodge.