Burnzerker state post patch

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ive tested and tested and tested and my dps just seems to be hot garbage. Also it seems the exploding fire aura isnt working.

A guildie of mine just made a dps graph and claims burnzerker is still on top but I just cant believe it. Anyone else out there testing? (Nike.. I need you :\)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

Ive tested and tested and tested and my dps just seems to be hot garbage. Also it seems the exploding fire aura isnt working.

A guildie of mine just made a dps graph and claims burnzerker is still on top but I just cant believe it. Anyone else out there testing? (Nike.. I need you :\)

Graphs, Blah blah.

Burnzerker meta is dead for raids now.

You won’t and can’t see over 15k burns for more than 1 second, then it’s gone back down to 8k-10k burns regardless of LB rotations scorching earth is dead.

You can still rotate FoF and Pindown with SB and such but Sword torch is possibly viable but Fresh air tempest hits way more so new meta is Temp.

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

You’re better off doing Physical damage for optimal dps

in Warrior

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

Confirm was hitting 90k Hob with 60k Whirlwind.

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

according to DnT numbers burnzerker is still top dps at 20k.

anyone else see this?

in Warrior

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Oh ok: “Scorched Earth: Enemies are now able to be struck by this skill only once every 0.5 seconds.”
so you can’t put 2 fire field on a boss with a huge hitbox, because he can only get damaged once every 0.5 sec.

in Warrior

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

what about Sw/Torch and Sw/Sw ? adds some torment and a 2 sec block that bleeds on counter?. Messing around in VB i could get 6-9k burns from Swords berzerk mode.

im also not noticing the fire aura explosions i think. Though i haven’t tried and tested in great depth.

in Warrior

Posted by: lordpathos.1425

lordpathos.1425

What exactly changed that the drop in DPS was so huge? If the change to Scorched Earth was so huge, then how often were you setting things on fire before? In other words, what was it before the 0.5 secs?

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

What exactly changed that the drop in DPS was so huge? If the change to Scorched Earth was so huge, then how often were you setting things on fire before? In other words, what was it before the 0.5 secs?

You know how scorched earth makes several side-by-side fire fields?
Well if a mob was standing on the border between fire fields, it would get hit by both at the same time, effectively doubling the skill’s damage. And if a mob (like gore) was big, it could be in 3 of the firefields at once, effectively tripling the skill’s damage. This was done in a lot in PvE, and was a large part of what pushed burnzeker dps so high.

By adding that you can only be hit by the skill once every 0.5 seconds, that means mobs standing on multiple field would still only get hit by one of them per interval. So basically scorched earth, one of the build’s primary sources of condi damage, had it’s damage cut in half (or 1/3, depending on what fight).

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Is it true that this is still one of the highest dps builds? I honestly love the idea of Warrior longbow, and want to see it remain meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I think fixing the double dipping fire fields is fine, honestly. I just think that longbow dps should be compensated in some small way to make up for it so burn warriors are still viable.

I’d like to see the longbow trait moved to either arms or discipline, personally. Or just make burning on auto attack baseline for that weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: arthurobenzi.2619

arthurobenzi.2619

Burnzerker is still on top of condi dps

in Warrior

Azure.8670

I can possibly agree to this on large targets, but on small/regular sized enemies I cant out dps my viper necro at all

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I can possibly agree to this on large targets, but on small/regular sized enemies I cant out dps my viper necro at all

Why does it matter if it’s a large or a small target? The longbow primal burst skill only hits once every .5 seconds now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Rip. At least till they fix the bug where al scorched fields share the same icd. Same happens with rev cor.
Oh wait thats intended so we are forced to have differents classes in the party.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

anyone else see this?

Those were not our numbers. I consider this build dead unless you fit all of the following criteria…

1. You need ranged exclusive dps
2. Said DPS must also be condi
3. You don’t have condi necros available/geared

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Azure.8670

anyone else see this?

Those were not our numbers. I consider this build dead unless you fit all of the following criteria…

Ah my favorite person. Good, I didnt think those numbers were accurate. Im in LUCK and someone was positive about the current numbers from DnT post patch and it just didnt sound right to me. Thank you for confirming.

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

anyone else see this?

Ah my favorite person. Good, I didnt think those numbers were accurate. Im in LUCK and someone was positive about the current numbers from DnT post patch and it just didnt sound right to me. Thank you for confirming.

Some guild called [ST] posted a bunch of DPS graphs for classes after the patch. Their methodology left something to be desired.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Azure.8670

anyone else see this?

Some guild called [ST] posted a bunch of DPS graphs for classes after the patch. Their methodology left something to be desired.

I saw the graph on reddit. Im still sick.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So is Burnzerker not good now?

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Yes it’s crap now. As someone mentioned earlier you’ll see 1-sec spikes of 15k but overall the damage is just too low to be viable.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The sad part for me isn’t the fact that the build got nerfed. Because it needed a nerf imo. Especially given how relaxed the playstyle was compared to its effectiveness.
What annoys me though is that we seem to have gone from over the top directly to the trashcan.
I am aware that balancing is an artform all in itself but for some reasons with balancing there seems to be no middle ground where the build would have stayed viable without still being too good. Was there really no other option than to break the build?

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kesmai.8527

Kesmai.8527

This goes to show how foundamentaly broken and limited this class is in specs/weapon choises.

A couple of changes to a single weapon skill and one trait, and the whole build goes to the trash. No alternative trait/weapon or even rotation to supplement atleast some of the power loss.

The nerf was needed because the spec was a bit over the top, but they could atleast look at buffing the gimmicky hybrid nature of sword, making it a real condi weapon. And if not sword, atleast do that with mace which lacks identity and sees no real use in PVE (apart from the occasional breaking of the break bar)

in Warrior

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

Ive been trying to play with a PSEA condi zerker for pugging fractals.

The amount of pugs i find that cant stack boons and dmg modifiers is sad

Has anyone else been trying to go down this road.

I seem to be getting on average 6-7kdps in random pugs, certainly not optimal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAsPnMdA9dAukCEliFoALZFkCydvt2a7u9IBGASZA-TxRGABA8AAAW5X66By9EAEv6Pqv/wfKBJFwiKrA-e

Choce of 2nd weapon (GS or bow)
Slot a banner in the free slot, two if you ahve to.

Sadly, only 83% condi duration

Im sure someone could improve on this.

(edited by garganor.9824)

in Warrior

Posted by: guig.5862

guig.5862

I need not change anything in the warr cuz No make any difference after nerf king of fire and Scorched Earth, to build this horrible do not have any more useful to not be lost gold with set Heave zeker

in Warrior

guig.5862

anyone else see this?

Nope, necro 30k bleed, eng 25k+, thief 22k poiso

in Warrior

guig.5862

Tempest zeker has more damage than the warr ps, this is fact, until the Zerker guardian has a lot more damage, warr PS is only a kittening support dps