Dynnen.6405

Q:

Whos with me?! =D

Burst CD 20 sec, 15 sec with 30 in Discipline

in Warrior

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

A:

You gotta leap out of it with Hammer 2, and the range on ES is twice as far. Plus 7 and 3/4 seconds isn’t a cooldown, its a joke.

Blast finisher happens in starting point of jump. Flash news.

Yea, kinda hard to run GS with Hammer when you are running staff like 90% of the Guards

1-3 guardians with GS+staff. Try to watch some GvG, if you want to pretend to be a competent.

Someone from SoR who has probably never done anything in a group smaller than 20 trying to talk about game mechanics and competency. I don’t know what is more telling, how little you know about warriors considering it is your main, or how little you know about guardians despite how much you try to compare the two.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

No one is going to be with you because that would be ridiculous.

With a cooldown that long, builds centering on using your Burst skill would effectively die. You would instead see people using Berserker’s Power because there would be very little reason to use your adrenaline short of Cleansing Ire.

And let’s be honest, we spent months talking about how ridiculous Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus were.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

not if they double the damage, unblock able and cannot miss and interrupt action

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Warrior

CrazyCanuck.4265

No one is going to be with you because that would be ridiculous.

With a cooldown that long, builds centering on using your Burst skill would effectively die. You would instead see people using Berserker’s Power because there would be very little reason to use your adrenaline short of Cleansing Ire.

And let’s be honest, we spent months talking about how ridiculous Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus were.

Oh you mean back when no one played a warrior because they all QQ’d about how it didn’t have any sustainability, spammable condi cleanse, or viable condition builds? And the first part of your reply makes zero sense. Why would you stop using abilities like skull crack, or earthshaker, or flurry, or combustive shot, or kill shot, or eviscerate, just because they had longer cooldowns? The cooldowns being low isn’t what makes them powerful or useful abilities. They would still be just as powerful and useful with a 30 second cooldown. The only difference would be, there would be a lot more thought that went into using the ability, rather than, “oh it is up, better use it”.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

(edited by CrazyCanuck.4265)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Oh you mean back when no one played a warrior because they all QQ’d about how it didn’t have any sustainability, spammable condi cleanse, or viable condition builds?

I mean before Cleansing Ire, when pretty much everyone complained about how Berserker’s Power, Heightened Focus and Adrenal Health were reason enough to never use your adrenaline.

And the first part of your reply makes zero sense. Why would you stop using abilities like skull crack, or earthshaker, or flurry, or combustive shot, or kill shot, or eviscerate, just because they had longer cooldowns?

Did I say anything about stopping using them? Guess what? Throw in a 20s cooldown and a Hammer/Mace+Shield build loses most of its damage. Eviscerate will have negligible damage in comparison to using autoattack. GS/Mace+Shield will die out akin to BC+100b.

The cooldowns being low isn’t what makes them powerful or useful abilities. They would still be just as powerful and useful with a 30 second cooldown. The only difference would be, there would be a lot more thought that went into using the ability, rather than, “oh it is up, better use it”.

They would not be as powerful. The benefit that they provide would be dimished greatly, as would any associated traits such as Cleansing Ire.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Cleansing Ire is a completely ridiculous with the spamable burst skills (yes they are spamable, adrenaline regen is insane) combine that with dogged march and you get 3 conditions removed every 7 seconds…is there another class that has condi cleanse remotely close to that?

So increasing the cooldown of burst skills would still give great condi cleanse, but (like the Canadian said) would force warriors to think about when they are using their burst skills, not saying ‘Ohh it is up, better use it.’ while they are screaming the sound the Adam Sandler makes in the Water Boy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With cooldown like that they could just remove adrenaline from the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Whos with me?! =D

I am with u, but for compesate:

-Skull crack last 4sec without sigil, and does +20% dmg

-Eartshaker stun last 3sec without sigil and does+20% dmg

-Evi is insta cast, 450 rane and does +30% dmg

-Kill shot casttime reduced to 1/2sc, +30% dmg

-Flurry casttime reduced to 1sec, stack 25 bleeds and it power damage is buffed by 100%, invul while casting, immo last 7sec

-Combu shot last 12seconds, also applies blind, dmg increased by 50%

-Arcing slide dmg buffed by 100%, when enemy is under hp buffed by another 100%, casttime reduced to 1/2

Whos with me?

in Warrior

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Whos with me?! =D

-Flurry casttime reduced to 1sec, stack 25 bleeds and it power damage is buffed by 100%, invul while casting, immo last 7sec

-Arcing slide dmg buffed by 100%, when enemy is under hp buffed by another 100%, casttime reduced to 1/2

Whos with me?

I main a warrior in pvp and this is pathetically stupid lol. Not one suggestion that may actually balance out the warrior. Most likely a troll post so whatever.

The main problem is not the bloody regen. It’s so easy to counter, it’s the skullcrack and earthshaker and the stun duration MUST be reduced – around 0.5 seconds would do. Increasing the cd may work, but if the skills are still disgustingly OP no point. Personally, with all the newbs going around skull/hb and mindlessly swinging their hammer I refused to use both these weapon sets until they get toned down to reflect SKILL.
For those complaining, all I can say is make a warrior, seriously learn the mace and hammer well including all the animations

Holycowow

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Lol ES is a 2 SECOND STUN! You will get maybe two attacks in within that time frame. and Whirling attack and Back breaker are 20s and 30s respectively untraited. You whine that hammer takes no skill, but actually landing a CC on some person who knows how to dodge rather than some kitten who doesn’t even know there is an endurance bar takes more skill than Mace/GS by a long shot buddy. Nerfing burst skills, a class mechanic mind you to 30s or 15s respectively is not gonna do anything but give a nerf to something that wasn’t the source of the problem. Sigil of Para was the source, it is no longer an issue. Jesus Christ, people come in here all day long with their crazy ideas and their reasoning isn’t sound at all they just want to find something to nerf and at this point they barely care how heavy-handed it is.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

So you guys think its perfectly OK to have a high damage, 2 second stun on a lower CD than every other attack on hammer (except auto attack ofc). And you also think that its ok to have one of the best bleed appliers in the game, with an aoe root, on a lower cooldown than every other CD on sword? Maybe you guys just don’t get it since there isn’t a class that has a lower cooldown on weapons than a warrior (except thieves because initiative is a ‘cooldown’ lulz)

@ atoboss: I have a warrior. Theres zero telegraph on skullcrack so seeing it coming is about the same as dodging nearly every auto attack. And applying weakness to the target will make you’re second ES more than likely land since they are trying to dodge not only ES, but Hammer 4/5.

Also mepheles, I’m not whining just wondering what you guys would think actually having a significant CD on a really strong ability. And that ‘completely weaksauce’ 2 second stun is actually one of the longest stuns in the game. Its 1 second behind skull crack, and on par with stun duration of static field and magic bullet. Static field is on a 40 second CD and you gotta be running lolstaff, and magic bullet is a single target 25 second CD 2 second stun. So that means for every 1 static field, you can get off 4-5 ES. And for two magic bullets, you can get off 3 ES. Now if you don’t think this needs to be looked at, thats your opinion (which is what I was looking for).

Now if you wanna hear me whine I could talk about healing signet, considering that warriors are currently in the same place Guards were when they were nerfed into the ground over 3 beta weekends. It was because we:

A) Healed too much
B) Did too much damage
C) Had too much health

Even in our ‘beta days’ we healed for just under half of what warriors do now, did less damage than what warriors did at launch (and pales in comparison to now). And because of our transgressions we were moved from high HP with warriors to the lowest HP, which pigeon holes us into having to carry defensive stats on all gear.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Why would people go 30 into discipline with such long CDs, when going 30 into power gives you more average damage when autoattacking your enemy into death.

No, I agree, this would render adrenaline useless.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

The only way this would work is if you gave us additional burst skills (2-3 total) each with their own separate cooldowns.

As people have already stated:
The Axe AA would do most of the dps making evi pointless to use

For the LB wave goodbye to our only field (and the only “support” weapon besides warhorn). Couple that with sword and forget having any kind of condition warrior. Sure the aa provides long lasting bleeds, but that isn’t where most of our bleed damage comes from.

We’d also loose most of our control build options too. Plus other traits, like cleansing ire would become pretty point less (every 15-20 sec to cure 3 conditions, when it only takes 1-3 seconds to reapply them)

I don’t see how any of that is a good idea. This is the same thing as saying, oh increase the reveal debuff on theives to 10sec each stealth. Double or triple the attunement recharge times for all ele weapons. Reduce the max life force for necromancers by a factor of 3 (and/or increase the cd). Etc.

Adrenaline is our class mechanic. It should be powerful (but balanced with respect to other classes). Plus 30 trait points for only a 5sec cd? I’d almost take +0.1% damage per point again.

I mean look at the other profession mechanics trait lines:

Necros: +30% life force
Ele: +60% recharge rate
Ranger: +300 pet main attributes
Mes: +30% cd
Theif: +30% cd
Engi: +30% cd
Guard: +30% cd
Warrior: +30% cd

Look at that 5 of 8 reduces the cd of their profession mechanic by 30%, and one by 60%. How can you say that increasing the base cd by a factor of two, and reduce the cd to 25% would do nothing but hurt this class, and make most builds useless.

in Warrior

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

lol

You really are buttpained Dyndyn.

P.S. Come play Smite.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Whos with me?! =D

Whos with me?

Nope. CD x 2, so we must have effects x2 (double stun time, double damage, double condi duration, etc), and since it’s now long cooldown, built-in blind immunity. After those changes i’m ok with double CD.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Whos with me?! =D

Whos with me?

Nope. CD x 2, so we must have effects x2 (double stun time, double damage, double condi duration, etc), and since it’s now long cooldown, built-in blind immunity. After those changes i’m ok with double CD.

Zerker stance bro, zerker stance. Plus Cleansing Ire. Or maybe don’t fight in black powder? I dunno, these suggestions might help u vs blind.

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Whos with me?! =D

Whos with me?

So you’d want a 6 second stun on a still really strong ability, and a 4 second aoe stun?

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or whats wrong with gaming today…

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Whos with me?! =D

Whos with me?

Zerker stance bro, zerker stance. Plus Cleansing Ire. Or maybe don’t fight in black powder? I dunno, these suggestions might help u vs blind.

U don’t have to stand in black powder to be blinded, also cleansing ire doesnt work against blind ; o

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Partially Interesting Comment, see above.

Alright, lets start from the top since this post looks like someone actually put some thought into it unlike the rest so far (except for that Canadian guy).

Giving 2-3 other burst skills with their own CD on a 15 second timer would give you more burst skills per minute than the current system…lulz.

Axe: I disagree. It would be used as a closing execute. You wouldn’t use it every time its up, but would use it to finish off a kill or provide extra burst on a focus target. It would have a ‘cost-effectiveness’ or ‘risk vs reward’ that the devs kept talking about.

LB: LB is an insane condi weapon, or a really strong power weapon. The only real support it provides is rooting a target with LB 5. Which I have to admit seems to take 2 years to come off CD since the other abilities have such a low CD. The LB combined with Sw/Sw provides an insane amount of condi pressure and turns the condi damage into burst condi damage.

As for the control, yes you would lose some control. Cutting the amount of skull cracks and ES in half would lower your control. However Hammer still has weakness (less dodges on an enemy means more control), AOE snare, 360 knock back, and a 2 second knockdown. It would force you to CC when it mattered, not just all the time when its up. Something to remember about Hammer 4, especially those of you that are missing with it a lot. Hammer 4, now that it can be cast on the move, has a lower cast time since you don’t stop to cast it. Also it makes it more difficult to dodge since the telegraph used to be the warrior stopped to cast it. Now its the warrior is running and swings his/her hammer and you’re on your kitten .

I’m not going to get into the stealth mechanics of the game here. But you bring up the recharge rates of the classes and you might have a point with something.

Necro: yes, they get more life force but that pigeon holes them into power builds…
Elementalist: Brings their attunement recharge to just over 9 seconds, which is rough whenever you’re trying to respond to rapidly changing combat environments like in small man. Need to heal someone who just got bursted but you swapped out of water to throw a stun? Too bad!
Ranger: Poor ranger =*(
Mesmer: Pigeon holes you into shatter mesmer, Mind wrack still doesn’t get below 10 seconds and even if they could get it sub 30 you can’t produce enough clones to maintain constant shatters.
Thief: Yes they get reduced recharge rate on their steal skill…but its the 30 point trait that actually effects it. Check it out sometime.
Engi: All the tool belt skills, other than belt shot, have insane cooldowns. Know what this does for engies? Makes them pick and choose when they are going to use their toolbelt instead of lolspam.
Guard: Same problem as engi, long cooldowns. There are certain things that can improve virtues recharge in Radiance, Valor, and Honor trees. However most of those If you kill someone, or rally yourself which are situational.
Warrior: 30% reduction on a 10 second cd is the lowest of any class. Although the argument could be made that having such a strong trait line pigeon holes you into it most of the time…lol.

If you’re looking at just percentages then yes its fine. However the baseline CD is the problem. Traited properly it gives you the highest condi cleanse in the game, one of the highest damage, highest control support, and fastest weapon swap.

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Whos with me?! =D

Whos with me?

U don’t have to stand in black powder to be blinded, also cleansing ire doesnt work against blind ; o

You’re right. It only works whenever the burst skill has landed on the target. Check and see if it doesn’t work with flurry/combustive shot. So until then, yolo it up with zerker stance or go shout support and never worry about condis ever again…or really dying for that matter.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

So you guys think its perfectly OK to have a high damage, 2 second stun on a lower CD than every other attack on hammer (except auto attack ofc). And you also think that its ok to have one of the best bleed appliers in the game, with an aoe root, on a lower cooldown than every other CD on sword? Maybe you guys just don’t get it since there isn’t a class that has a lower cooldown on weapons than a warrior (except thieves because initiative is a ‘cooldown’ lulz)

Umm, yes, we do. Do you know why? Warrior was designed around using their F1 abilities on a low cooldown. It has been in the game since warrior was introduced. It was even in the game when warrior was considered one of the weakest professions in the game, so how do you figure low cooldown on F1 abilities is a problem?

@ atoboss: I have a warrior. Theres zero telegraph on skullcrack so seeing it coming is about the same as dodging nearly every auto attack. And applying weakness to the target will make you’re second ES more than likely land since they are trying to dodge not only ES, but Hammer 4/5.

It’s pretty much common sense when it is coming. If you can’t anticipate it coming (and it’s extremely predictable) why do you deserve to dodge it?

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Umm, yes, we do. Do you know why? Warrior was designed around using their F1 abilities on a low cooldown. It has been in the game since warrior was introduced. It was even in the game when warrior was considered one of the weakest professions in the game, so how do you figure low cooldown on F1 abilities is a problem?

It’s pretty much common sense when it is coming. If you can’t anticipate it coming (and it’s extremely predictable) why do you deserve to dodge it?

I’m guessing by ‘predictable’ you mean ‘he has a mace, so eventually he will try to skull crack you’…or maybe you mean its the faster looking auto attack, and should dodge that one. Give me a break =/

But lets talk about your F1 ability, aka Burst Skills. While you are correct that its supposed to be based around Burst Skills, you have to look at the bigger picture. Trait lines have been buffed…a lot. 5 patches straight of warrior trait buffs. Cleansing Ire as you mentioned is very effective on a warrior. Especially since its a guaranteed 3 condi cleanse. The warrior trait lines have made it beneficial to spam Burst Skills. However I think the Burst Skills should be highly effective abilities that are used in specific times to turn the fight. For example: “This group is trying to revive a guy! I should ES on top of them!” doesn’t it change the game dynamic and make the game more challenging if you are forced to have risk/reward choices.

Heres how it should be: “I would really like to get rid of this bleed/burning stack on me, but my target is about to go down and I should save it to insure the stomp”

Instead its just “Burst is up! Better hit it!” it makes you think instead of ‘water boying’ your way through fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cassiel.8762

Cassiel.8762

Anet: “Let’s give them a taste of reliable condition removal, maybe make burst builds viable as an alternative, let them rejoice for abit, then double the cd. Trolololol”

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Anet: “Let’s give them a taste of reliable condition removal, maybe make burst builds viable as an alternative, let them rejoice for abit, then double the cd. Trolololol”

Or they could…ya know make you somewhat closer to everyone else in the game. Lets see…melandru runes, dogged march, cleansing ire, warhorn, zerker stance if you want as well (lemongrass in wvw) That luls at condis. So now you gotta worry about direct damage right? Shield block, healing signet, adrenal heal, endure pain, high mobility on most of your weapons…hmmm yea. April 30th gave warriors dogged march, and warriors have been getting significant buffs since then. I agree that they needed to be buffed, they were behind (even though I knew warriors that were smashing people prior to April 30th and they were using Burst skills /gasp) but 6 months of buffing? Really?

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Hint – i not talking about sPvP. You know, 8 sec immunity with 1min CD in 2-3 min fight against tons of necros is… little pointless.

So you’d want a 6 second stun on a still really strong ability, and a 4 second aoe stun?

Sure, you want double cooldown on already balanced abilities, i want double effect in return. It’s called balance.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Hint – i not talking about sPvP. You know, 8 sec immunity with 1min CD in 2-3 min fight against tons of necros is… little pointless.

Sure, you want double cooldown on already balanced abilities, i want double effect in return. It’s called balance.

You really think that 2 seconds worth of stun every 8 seconds on one move is balanced don’t you? Awww you’re precious, lol.

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

BTW, most of the hammer warriors I run with have very little problems with condi removal. In wvw hitting 2-3 times our numbers, so…yea Im talking bout wvw too

in Warrior

Cassiel.8762

Or they could…ya know make you somewhat closer to everyone else in the game. Lets see…melandru runes, dogged march, cleansing ire, warhorn, zerker stance if you want as well (lemongrass in wvw) That luls at condis. So now you gotta worry about direct damage right? Shield block, healing signet, adrenal heal, endure pain, high mobility on most of your weapons…hmmm yea. April 30th gave warriors dogged march, and warriors have been getting significant buffs since then. I agree that they needed to be buffed, they were behind (even though I knew warriors that were smashing people prior to April 30th and they were using Burst skills /gasp) but 6 months of buffing? Really?

Melandru/lemon grass combo is available to everyone. No offense, but any class sounds impressive when you start listing all the different ways they have of clearing conditions. When you spec a class for maximum condition clearing, you get really good condition clearing. How many people have you met in wvw that does that though? I personally have never met a melandru/lemongrass warrior with x/warhorn x/shield. Warriors were not constantly buffed for 6 months. In fact, leg specialist was nerfed, empower allies was nerfed, heightened focus was moved from adept to grandmaster, berserker stance cd was increased. Instead of asking for nerfs for one class, which makes no one satisfied, why not ask for buffs for other classes, which makes everyone happy?

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Melandru/lemon grass combo is available to everyone. No offense, but any class sounds impressive when you start listing all the different ways they have of clearing conditions. When you spec a class for maximum condition clearing, you get really good condition clearing. How many people have you met in wvw that does that though? I personally have never met a melandru/lemongrass warrior with x/warhorn x/shield. Warriors were not constantly buffed for 6 months. In fact, leg specialist was nerfed, empower allies was nerfed, heightened focus was moved from adept to grandmaster, berserker stance cd was increased. Instead of asking for nerfs for one class, which makes no one satisfied, why not ask for buffs for other classes, which makes everyone happy?

There were actually a few more nerfs than that, even in this last patch there was a bug fix which nerfed warrior stuns pretty significantly. Still not enough for the QQ train, they won’t stop until a class is dead (or they find a new witch to hunt).

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

There were actually a few more nerfs than that, even in this last patch there was a bug fix which nerfed warrior stuns pretty significantly. Still not enough for the QQ train, they won’t stop until a class is dead (or they find a new witch to hunt).

Nerfed? I think thats your problem right there. You think any thing that brings down warriors even a bit is a nerf, lol. There has been the word balanced thrown around on this forum, but I don’t think you guys really know what it is.

As for warrior stuns…It was a bug they fixed with a sigil, u really need to read the patch notes. They didn’t touch warrior stuns, lol.

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Nerfed? I think thats your problem right there. You think any thing that brings down warriors even a bit is a nerf, lol. There has been the word balanced thrown around on this forum, but I don’t think you guys really know what it is.

As for warrior stuns…It was a bug they fixed with a sigil, u really need to read the patch notes. They didn’t touch warrior stuns, lol.

Well yes, I would say moving 2 staple DPS boosting traits that used to be in tier 1 both to tier 3 was a pretty big nerf. If those traits had stayed where they were, we may have been overpowered. They were moved to counter balance the sustain buffs and what I can only assume was also meant to be a PvE nerf for the standard PvE builds. Sadly, it also had the effect of nerfing some builds that relied on them, but it’s not the end of the world.

Were you not able to read where I said “bug fix”? It is still a nerf to warrior stuns primarily. You now face 1.5 seconds less worth of stuns between shield bash and skull crack. You’re welcome.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in Warrior

Cassiel.8762

Everything that brings down any class IS a nerf. Everything that brings up a class is a buff. Anet nerfs and buffs in order to bring balance. So every nerf and buff they make is a “balance”. In anet’s opinion, all the buffs you mentioned was to balance the warrior. Do guardian whine threads talk about how they fixed the bug with pure of voice? No, they talk about how anet nerfed pure of voice even though it was previously bugged. So there.

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Well yes, I would say moving 2 staple DPS boosting traits that used to be in tier 1 both to tier 3 was a pretty big nerf. If those traits had stayed where they were, we may have been overpowered. They were moved to counter balance the sustain buffs and what I can only assume was also meant to be a PvE nerf for the standard PvE builds. Sadly, it also had the effect of nerfing some builds that relied on them, but it’s not the end of the world.

Were you not able to read where I said “bug fix”? It is still a nerf to warrior stuns primarily. You now face 1.5 seconds less worth of stuns between shield bash and skull crack. You’re welcome.

Are you serious? A bug fix isn’t a nerf, its a FIX. It means you were doing something that you shouldn’t normally be doing, and now its back to what it should be doing. Along your lines of thinking when the mesmer ‘bug’ where their falling trait was saying in the tool tip 15,000 damage got changed back to normal that was a HUGE DPS nerf for mesmers…

You HAVE to be trying to troll me, theres no way that yo….nm I’ll just stop right there. Gotta be tryin to troll

in Warrior

CrazyCanuck.4265

Instead of asking for nerfs for one class, which makes no one satisfied, why not ask for buffs for other classes, which makes everyone happy?

This right here is exactly what is wrong with the mindset and thinking that goes into balancing this game and most every MMO today. Instead of searching for a balance between classes and nerfing certain things while buffing others, the majority of the community and devs try to achieve balance by never nerfing anything and just buffing underused abilities or underplayed classes. This is not an effective strategy for balancing any game, instead what it creates is more imbalance as certain class/ability/stat combinations become out of control and way too powerful. If you look at the latest patch for example, there were virtually 0 direct nerfs to any classes or aspects of the game, only some indirect nerfs due to bug fixes that mainly effected guardians. Instead there were a ton of buffs to most classes, which in turn made builds that were already extremely powerful even more powerful, and made the game even more imbalanced.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Cassiel.8762

Buffing underplayed builds instead of nerfing overplayed builds results in build diversity. Before this patch’s mantra buff, virtually noone ran mantra builds except as a novelty. That’s not the case now. Nerfing overplayed builds without buffing results in dying classes. Look at how d/d ele nerf killed most wvw eles and made them staffbots. Only with the fresh air buff and certain changes did different builds become alive again.

Tldr; Buffs increase the number of viable builds we can play with which is what we want. Nerfs reduce the number of viable builds we can play with which is what we don’t want.

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Everything that brings down any class IS a nerf. Everything that brings up a class is a buff. Anet nerfs and buffs in order to bring balance. So every nerf and buff they make is a “balance”. In anet’s opinion, all the buffs you mentioned was to balance the warrior. Do guardian whine threads talk about how they fixed the bug with pure of voice? No, they talk about how anet nerfed pure of voice even though it was previously bugged. So there.

Yea, thats not me. It was bugged they fixed it. Now the problem is Guardians are even lower on the totem pole when it comes condi removal. Which sucks, but it was a bug fix. Most people are now arguing that a 30 point talent should provide 2 condi conversions, which is a pretty sound argument for a 30 point talent. Will they change it back? Doubt it. Lets hope they fix the Purging Flames bug, it still doesn’t work right.

Anyway, back to how you think balancing works. There was a game called Dark Age of Camelot. It had patches every 1-3 weeks that were balancing patches. They made slight, but frequent changes. Thats how you balance things; quick constant focus on accurate changes.

Now the devs are saying “We don’t wanna do things like how we did with warrior, so we will have slow changes to classes” Which is awesome, because there are so many other classes that need help in specific areas and are over performing in others. So solid meaningful changes will be slow coming =/

So when situations happen where nearly the entire warrior community switches to healing signet…theres a balance issue. Hopefully that will be addressed soon haven’t seen anyone run anything but healing signet since its buff.

in Warrior

Cassiel.8762

I agree. The promised toning down of conditions didn’t come and the major trait that guardians used to counter it was cut to 50% effectiveness. The way I look at it, guardians should be the “counter” to necros. Necros apply conditions in a wide area, and guardians clear it on their allies. A grandmaster trait that lets you clear 3 aoe conditions at the cost of 3 utilities is kinda meh. Even shattered conditions is stronger than that.

in Warrior

CrazyCanuck.4265

Buffing underplayed builds instead of nerfing overplayed builds results in build diversity. Before this patch’s mantra buff, virtually noone ran mantra builds except as a novelty. That’s not the case now. Nerfing overplayed builds without buffing results in dying classes. Look at how d/d ele nerf killed most wvw eles and made them staffbots. Only with the fresh air buff and certain changes did different builds become alive again.

Tldr; Buffs increase the number of viable builds we can play with which is what we want. Nerfs reduce the number of viable builds we can play with which is what we don’t want.

Mantra of distraction has been in quite heavy usage by interrupt builds since the buff to the damage on interrupt months ago. The problem with mantras has always been there long cast time, not that they didn’t provide useful abilities. Mantras are still considered quite low on the list of viable utilities though despite how powerful their abilities are, due to the excessive cast time and high access to interrupts that exist in pvp/wvw. I do agree that ele got nerfed into the ground and that it was extremely over the top what they did. But the fact is that eles did need a nerf to how much sustainability/damage they had, much the way that warriors are now. I’m not suggesting that warriors should be nerfed into the ground, I just want to see them be brought down to a reasonable point where their damage/survivability is back on par with other classes. This is an opinion from someone who has 7 different classes at level 80 and has hundreds of hours played on warrior, both before the influx of buffs and after.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

So when situations happen where nearly the entire warrior community switches to healing signet…theres a balance issue. Hopefully that will be addressed soon haven’t seen anyone run anything but healing signet since its buff.

Except, nearly everyone ran surge before the healing signet change. Nobody said surge was overpowered. What they did say is that the other heals were underpowered. All the heals got a buff, healing signet was actually made useful for fighting low damage builds. You know, a lot of duel builds are low damage builds, wonder if that has anything to do with the wah wah on the forums. Hmmm.

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

You really think that 2 seconds worth of stun every 8 seconds on one move is balanced don’t you? Awww you’re precious, lol.

You know that class have best stun for wvw zerg, who can wipe blob with one button? Ele. Up to 50ppl stunned in 1 hit, chain static on pug group = guaranteed gg. Warrior hammer F1 have 5 ppl cap, can be blinded (frontline, yo) and usually melee train collision means stability on target (if target is unorganized pugs or don’t know about stability – they deserve their fate), so it’s perfectly balanced. Btw, melee train standard is 2 hammer guardians to 1 hammer warriors, because only really good thing in hammer warrior is F1 (and shouts+banner), guardian hammer 2 alone is >>>>>>>>> warrior hammer 2-5.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

You know that class have best stun for wvw zerg, who can wipe blob with one button? Ele. Up to 50ppl stunned in 1 hit, chain static on pug group = guaranteed gg. Warrior hammer F1 have 5 ppl cap, can be blinded (frontline, yo) and usually melee train collision means stability on target (if target is unorganized pugs or don’t know about stability – they deserve their fate), so it’s perfectly balanced. Btw, melee train standard is 2 hammer guardians to 1 hammer warriors, because only really good thing in hammer warrior is F1 (and shouts+banner), guardian hammer 2 alone is >>>>>>>>> warrior hammer 2-5.

You have got to be kidding. You realize that Hammer 2 on Guard is a ghetto version of ES right? Same problems as ES (Can be blinded WAHHHHHHHHHHHH) You can apply weakness, AOE snare, knock downs…a Guard can apply ring of warding but it is like Hammer 4 on warriors ‘clunky’ Only it takes longer to cast than the old Hammer 4. And if the enemy zerg is stacked properly then they can exploit the hell out of the static field, and it pulses every second. So thats a max of 20 players.

Listen dude, if you don’t know how mechanics work don’t speak. You barely understand how to avoid blind (zerker stance, or swap weapons) and warrior mechanics and you especially don’t understand other classes mechanics. And that ‘standard melee train’ you’re talking about would be alright with 2 Guard/1 warrior, but way more effective with 3…trust me. I’ve ran 3 hammer warriors and 1 support engie. We fought a 15 man that spawn rushed us at ruins for about 20 minutes. Why were we able to do this? Healing signet and stun spam, and if I really had a problem with blind spam I swapped to sword shield to ensure Cleansing Ire. All of this wasn’t a problem since I can weapon swap every 5 seconds, lol.

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

You have got to be kidding. You realize that Hammer 2 on Guard is a ghetto version of ES right?

Learn what can be done with blast finisher on extreme short cooldown, then come here again.

You can apply weakness, AOE snare, knock downs…a Guard can apply ring of warding but it is like Hammer 4 on warriors ‘clunky’ Only it takes longer to cast than the old Hammer 4. And if the enemy zerg is stacked properly then they can exploit the hell out of the static field, and it pulses every second. So thats a max of 20 players.

So you never seen RoW and static field applied correctly. Right.

Listen dude, if you don’t know how mechanics work don’t speak. You barely understand how to avoid blind (zerker stance, or swap weapons) and warrior mechanics and you especially don’t understand other classes mechanics. And that ‘standard melee train’ you’re talking about would be alright with 2 Guard/1 warrior, but way more effective with 3…trust me. I’ve ran 3 hammer warriors and 1 support engie. We fought a 15 man that spawn rushed us at ruins for about 20 minutes. Why were we able to do this? Healing signet and stun spam, and if I really had a problem with blind spam I swapped to sword shield to ensure Cleansing Ire. All of this wasn’t a problem since I can weapon swap every 5 seconds, lol.

WvW. 3 warriors. Zerker stance. Engie. Healing signet. Shield.
Just lol, what the heck i’m reading here? Can i see your wvw achievements and gvg stats of your guild plz? This is beyond ridiculous.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

You have got to be kidding. You realize that Hammer 2 on Guard is a ghetto version of ES right?

Learn what can be done with blast finisher on extreme short cooldown, then come here again.

You can apply weakness, AOE snare, knock downs…a Guard can apply ring of warding but it is like Hammer 4 on warriors ‘clunky’ Only it takes longer to cast than the old Hammer 4. And if the enemy zerg is stacked properly then they can exploit the hell out of the static field, and it pulses every second. So thats a max of 20 players.

So you never seen RoW and static field applied correctly. Right.

WvW. 3 warriors. Zerker stance. Engie. Healing signet. Shield.
Just lol, what the heck i’m reading here? Can i see your wvw achievements and gvg stats of your guild plz? This is beyond ridiculous.

Low blast finisher increases mid-combat/non-coordinated water field finishers. But people calling out “Water field in 3 seconds” will allow warriors to hit the water field easy enough. Geyser/healing turret are the only ones that require some coordination, healing rain has a 6 second duration, so even if you are a kitten warrior odds are you can hit the water field with ES.

Static field can’t hit more than it can pulse, lol and RoW/LoW don’t have an aoe cap. And I was JI/Ringing and JI/Rooting around this time last year, so yes I have seen it applied correctly and yes its clunky as hell unless you combine it with JI.

My guild doesn’t do GvG, we just roam fighting coordinated and uncoordinated groups and don’t like two groups running straight at eachother. We flank and position to increase our small man’s effectiveness. It says your guild is 2 and 2 with GvG so thats good I guess, but judging by your severe lack of class mechanic knowledge you are either not in the main GvG group or the others have to Greg Jennings you.

Heres a screen of my wvw tab since you asked. This was done in 95% small man fighting. The youtube link will take you to a friend of mine who uploads vids of what we do. And with that, Im peacing out. Having a productive conversation with you would require you to know more about the game. Unless that Canadian guy says something, then I’ll come back.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Low blast finisher increases mid-combat/non-coordinated water field finishers. But people calling out “Water field in 3 seconds” will allow warriors to hit the water field easy enough. Geyser/healing turret are the only ones that require some coordination, healing rain has a 6 second duration, so even if you are a kitten warrior odds are you can hit the water field with ES.

So you know something. Now – movement, healing rain rotation+short blast CD on guard hammer + heal shouts + book rotation = guess what?

Static field can’t hit more than it can pulse, lol and RoW/LoW don’t have an aoe cap. And I was JI/Ringing and JI/Rooting around this time last year, so yes I have seen it applied correctly and yes its clunky as hell unless you combine it with JI.

So you still not seen it applied correctly.

My guild doesn’t do GvG, we just roam fighting coordinated and uncoordinated groups and don’t like two groups running straight at eachother. We flank and position to increase our small man’s effectiveness. It says your guild is 2 and 2 with GvG so thats good I guess, but judging by your severe lack of class mechanic knowledge you are either not in the main GvG group or the others have to Greg Jennings you.

So you don’t have experience in any decent-scale coordinated guild fights, but still trying to tell me about game mechanic. Awesome. And screenshot with guardian(!) with less than 50k kills (!!). I have more with warrior, lol.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

Still can only get one blast finsher per guard per water field, our shouts don’t heal, got a point about book though, its purdy good. And since you don’t understand how basically the only way for a Guard to get their rings on meaningful targets without Judge’s Intervention (I’ll spell it out since your understanding of Guardian is from a friend telling you about it) or someone CCing targets is useless. I wouldn’t say I don’t have ANY experience with gvg, I just don’t wanna drag those good people into the gutters with people like you. Yes, just under 50k kills…like I said, I’m not a zergling. I’ve never been on a tier 1 server and don’t run with 30+ with my staff out.

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Still can only get one blast finsher per guard per water field

On movement, without wasting ANY meaningful CD. If group don’t move far – up to 2 blasts. Try to think about it.

basically the only way for a Guard to get their rings on meaningful targets without Judge’s Intervention

Try to do it on “bomb” command, while enemy already clumped. You will see something new. Also 1-3 guardians with GS can do interesting things (called “pull”) with sword 5.

Yes, just under 50k kills…like I said, I’m not a zergling. I’ve never been on a tier 1 server and don’t run with 30+ with my staff out.

It’s called “not having experience of large organized battles but still pretending to know something about it”.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Dynnen.6405

You gotta leap out of it with Hammer 2, and the range on ES is twice as far. Plus 7 and 3/4 seconds isn’t a cooldown, its a joke.

Yea, kinda hard to run GS with Hammer when you are running staff like 90% of the Guards that do GvG run. Well all the sub 20 man gvg stuff. But yes, I do use a pull to bring them in, but its usually to keep them near me after the ring fades…its way more effective that way.

I have experience with it, its just not ever equal numbers. If we wipe to a group 2, 3 or 4 times our size we:
1) Wipe them
2) Kill a lot but have to rolling retreat because of stomped revives mid combat or have to back out due to overwhelming damage pressure
3) kill equal our number and we wipe
4) get wiped ourselves due to a mistake we made

Thats how it usually goes in small man outside of GvG, outside of tier 1. We don’t commonly rack up thousands of kills quickly because we karma train or zerg grind all night. We like our abilities activating when we tell them to, lol

I’m really hoping your just trying to troll, because if you arent your understanding of this game is from zerg surfing and standing on the sidelines watching things; and somehow you’ve convinced that what you’re saying is gospel. Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt buddy, get help.

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Blast finisher happens in starting point of jump. Flash news.

Yea, kinda hard to run GS with Hammer when you are running staff like 90% of the Guards

1-3 guardians with GS+staff. Try to watch some GvG, if you want to pretend to be a competent.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

[stat pic]

Approximately how long until you post another picture of your gat? I don’t want to miss it this time.