Can Warrior beat a Guardian 1vs1?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ronnie.3948

Ronnie.3948

I know it is not often we come to a situation like this. But I have came across lone Guardians roaming WvW before. Back then I was playing a rifle warrior and there was a ranger with me. His life bar seems to constantly regenerate.

He was using a Hammer and Greatsword build. How can a Warrior bring down a Guardian when they can constantly regenerate their health and still able to bring out tons of damage with their hammer/greatsword?

It just seems difficult to last long in any fight as a Warrior. We have to constantly get in and get out of combat to regenerate health while a Guardian’s heal is much more reliable and they are able to keep going with little to no down time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

what level / gear do you have? i dont seem to have any problems beating up guardians with my greatsword. though when i tried rifle in wvw (and i did buy a full berserker set just for that) i found it sucks big time. not my weapon i guess so i blame that. but first of all are you even 80 and decked out in exotics?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

No. The guardian is a better 1v1 class.

If you are dealing with a bunker guardian, then necromancer is the only class that can beat him. However, it’s safe to completely avoid these guardians as they deal no damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

didn’t really had problems with guardians in wvw, i usualy watch for stability buff and use knockback from rifle then volley when stability is not on, in rest i use gs , whirlwind and hb. If he leap on me with gs and start his combo i will defenetly use hb since i output more dps then him

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Warrior

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

I can kill guardians usually (rifle, hammer, wacky custom build) but it can last 5+ minutes to whittle them down. Their teammate(s) almost always arrive before then ;-P

I’ve not played guardian so I don’t know abilities and whatnot, but the ones that do heavy blindness are the ones that take me down.

in Warrior

Posted by: aNTarTis.2561

aNTarTis.2561

didn’t really had problems with guardians in wvw, i usualy watch for stability buff and use knockback from rifle then volley when stability is not on, in rest i use gs , whirlwind and hb. If he leap on me with gs and start his combo i will defenetly use hb since i output more dps then him

I bet u can kill 2 guardians, even 3!

Commander of [XO] Xtreme Online – www.xogamers.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Hjulstad.6317

Hjulstad.6317

Coming from playing guardian as My first Class in this game i can say its not impossible.. But you need to know the guardian Class pretty good to be able to deal with a good guard in 1v1… Reason for this is that guard dont have as clear and visible animations as for example the D/D Ele.. If you know the CDs and can predict the build he/she is using that Will help alot …

Member of TUP
@
Aurora Glade

in Warrior

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

I bet u can kill 2 guardians, even 3!

An safe bet sir :P

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

If your a dps warrior… maby but very very difficult

But if your highly skilled at wvw, chances are your playing a defensive warrior running a hammer build… in which case no, you dont have a chance at killin a defensive built guardian.

the good news though is they do so little dps that have even less of a chance at killing you, typically i just recommend you go about your buisness and ignore em if you can…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

in Warrior

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

if you are focused on DPS you need to know when to unleash your burst… That’s about it.
There is nothing hard in killing a guardian once their full boon button as well as aegises are down -_-
Of course that is unless they are bunkers, if they are bunkers it takes much longer lol ^^

in Warrior

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Yes, I play both warrior and guardian and both can kill each other fairly well. Warrior just needs to wear off the guardians defensive skills then jump in and pop a 100blades and you will have the guardian on the back foot. Just make sure to keep up the pressure.
If its a bunker guardian just leave him, he wont kill you….ever.

in Warrior

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

if its a bad guardian yes, but generally you skirmish with them abit, then flee cus he’ll outlast you. you can hold your own for a long time until you get a reinforcment, but all in all its a losing battle. thats with a yojak build utilizing range, conditions and melee. glass is much harder to win, mabye you could do it with a clr shout, hammer/mace, mace combo…haven’t tried that, but probably also a stalemate.