Can't beat necro

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

kittening warrior is bugged or what the kittening kitten coz i cant beat necro
I mean atm necro is best at pwr build , condi build with the best aoe and most hp in the game ? and nobody see the problem ? Wake the kitten up anet ! There goes another forum ban but wake THE kitten UP !

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

I have trouble against necros as well, but not too much depends on the build and weapon set up, but one should always have zerker stance and a stability in their slots. and never let a gap open between you and the necro if you can help it, you pressure him again and again and again. If you have cleansing Ire in your build, all the better. They aren’t too difficult to beat aside from that. but I use hammer and Axe + shield so my pressure is higher than most.

Gates of Madness

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

You should have zero issues with necro.

Maybe tell us how you are setup, build/traits/weps etc to help us better understand.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

dani.1956

So i should RUN RUN RUN , get out of combat , switch weapons for necro ( OP-est class in game ) , RUN RUN RUN AGAIN after him with hammer axe+shield (will take some time ) and be careful at his weapons and ABOVE ALL THAT I WILL HAVE TROUBLE WITH THEM ? holy kitten !

You dont understand me , so i have to do another build for 1 kittening class ? thats pathetic !

Necro was using : axe/warhorn dagger/focus power build

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

What a lot of people don’t seem to understand about this (and I don’t mean to insult you with this Dani, I mean to insult people like Sejin in his “what does it feel like” post") is that GW2 is not a game where one class can be built in a way where it can beat every other class.

Everything has it’s pros and cons. At the moment I’m really happy with my roamer build, I would say I’m at a perfect medium with everything and it’s taken me about a year to theorycraft for my preferred playstyle. That being said I’m in no way over-powered.

With my old build which was GS / axe+shield I was able to destroy thieves and other warriors and I’d spiek damage Mesmers before they had much of a chance to do their crap.

Now I deal way less damage but I’m far more mobile, and I’ve just learnt to ACCEPT the fact that there are some classes, or particular fights that I just cannot deal with, so I avoid them. Namely Necros and Mesmers, but also finding thieves a lot harder not as well. Not to mention that right now, I cannot really beat this cheesy skullcrack build, but I don’t mind, I just avoid those fights.

I’m using GS / sword+warhorn and I use flurry to immobilise and then 100 blades as my primary damage, but I need a of damage based gear for it to work, I can’t use PVT gear alone with unspecting foe like skullcrack, so they do similar damage but have much more survivability. I don’t play as one because I find the playstyle boring, and I think it will be nerfed anyway.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

dani.1956

What a lot of people don’t seem to understand about this (and I don’t mean to insult you with this Dani, I mean to insult people like Sejin in his “what does it feel like” post") is that GW2 is not a game where one class can be built in a way where it can beat every other class.

Everything has it’s pros and cons. At the moment I’m really happy with my roamer build, I would say I’m at a perfect medium with everything and it’s taken me about a year to theorycraft for my preferred playstyle. That being said I’m in no way over-powered.

With my old build which was GS / axe+shield I was able to destroy thieves and other warriors and I’d spiek damage Mesmers before they had much of a chance to do their crap.

Now I deal way less damage but I’m far more mobile, and I’ve just learnt to ACCEPT the fact that there are some classes, or particular fights that I just cannot deal with, so I avoid them. Namely Necros and Mesmers, but also finding thieves a lot harder not as well. Not to mention that right now, I cannot really beat this cheesy skullcrack build, but I don’t mind, I just avoid those fights.

I’m using GS / sword+warhorn and I use flurry to immobilise and then 100 blades as my primary damage, but I need a of damage based gear for it to work, I can’t use PVT gear alone with unspecting foe like skullcrack, so they do similar damage but have much more survivability. I don’t play as one because I find the playstyle boring, and I think it will be nerfed anyway.

Strange thing necro dont change anything to beat warriors or any other class out there ! Game is worst than 1 year ago , tyvm anet !

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

So i should RUN RUN RUN , get out of combat , switch weapons for necro ( OP-est class in game ) , RUN RUN RUN AGAIN after him with hammer axe+shield (will take some time ) and be careful at his weapons and ABOVE ALL THAT I WILL HAVE TROUBLE WITH THEM ? holy kitten !

You dont understand me , so i have to do another build for 1 kittening class ? thats pathetic !

You are literally just ranting and putting nothing of value into the conversation. I’m built 1 way, and only have trouble with amazingly well played mesmers, which is few and far between, necros can’t even touch me.

Like I said, post you build and stats and we can start from there, or just keep rambling incoherently, your choice.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

dani.1956

You are literally just ranting and putting nothing of value into the conversation. I’m built 1 way, and only have trouble with amazingly well played mesmers, which is few and far between, necros can’t even touch me.

Like I said, post you build and stats and we can start from there, or just keep rambling incoherently, your choice.

I dont want to play hammer like all noobs out there sowy !

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Now you’re just trolling. You don’t have to be hammer to kill necros kiddo.

Seems like a serious L2P issue here. I tried to be helpful.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Oh well, we gave advice, and you just sit here, complaining. Nothing else we can do. I never said to change weapons. some weapons have it easier to pressure than others could pressure with almost any other weapon.

Gates of Madness

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

I mean atm necro is best at pwr build , condi build with the best aoe and most hp in the game ? and nobody see the problem ? Wake the kitten up anet ! There goes another forum ban but wake THE kitten UP !

the main issue I have is your acting no diff then the people who want the warrior nerfed. necro is best as a power build no a necro has good damage but only at range and lacks a aoe effect (cleave) that the warrior has on the majority of it’s skills that means a warrior is putting out 3x the dps as a necro with that alone we don’t really need to bring up the fact 100 blades can do over 40k in pve and in pvp is still incredibly strong.

necros are extremely lacking in stability simply put easy to toss knock down stun daze they lack any access to vigor.

necros are better at condions is debateable as both classes do it extremely well however necro is better built for conditons on groups due to epidemic.
as far as best aoe personally I would think the engi has better aoe with nades.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dont want to play hammer like all noobs out there sowy !

He tried to help you and you call him noob? afaik he has no problems with necros, but you do?

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

The one problem I see with most warriors in WvW, as with other solo or roaming classes, is that they do not know when to back off – live to fight another day. Seems most using warriors these days have Superman syndrome and think they can do or beat anything. Know your limitations, strengths and weaknesses, kkthx.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Maybe tell us how you are setup, build/traits/weps etc to help us better understand.

“necros are extremely lacking in stability simply put easy to toss knock down stun daze they lack any access to vigor’

Smart necro has his foot in a grave and there is lil u can do about it…

(edited by deda.8302)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The one problem I see with most warriors in WvW, as with other solo or roaming classes, is that they do not know when to back off – live to fight another day. Seems most using warriors these days have Superman syndrome and think they can do or beat anything. Know your limitations, strengths and weaknesses, kkthx.

Playing a maximum sized norn wielding a warhammer bigger than your enemy sort of does that to you.

Anyway, you don’t really lose anything when you die apart from a bit of time and a couple of silver. I only run from a fight when it’s more than 3x my side’s numbers. I die a lot, but also get a lot of nice 2v1s I manage to win or at least survive long enough for help to arrive.

PS. “running from a fight” in above means actually running. I do back up outside range sometimes if I need to “catch my breath” after a particularly nasty spike or particularly unlucky series of attacks that fail to connect.

One – Piken Square

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“GW2 is not a game where one class can be built in a way where it can beat every other class.”

are you sure about that? try me against condi necro warhorn and cleansing ire are a must, against power necro.. well get some armor and go hide (out of line of sight) while lich is up…

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I’m failing to see how you were trying to be overly helpful. Not a single suggestion on a weapon set, ability or anything. I wish I was a mod here, there would be about 15 threads in all the sub forums =D

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

A properly built warrior should have the least amount of trouble against necro. And I don’t just mean mace crack/hammer with unsuspecting foe which hard counters necro. Even without those 2 weapons it’s still a good counter to necro.

For example, if you have the longbow and have cleansing ire trait (which you should probably take always it’s so good) and healing signet (which you should take anyways best heal ever) and runes of melandru (good for current condi meta) and berserker stance (should take it’s really good against condi meta) and probably adrenal health and banner regen if you don’t use mace/hammer then you can just spam buttons on the longbow and break even in terms of their damage and your regen and eventually the necro will die.

I guess…if you take absolutely no anti-condi traits/weapons/utilities whatsoever, then yes I can see a warrior getting creamed by a necro.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

on top of condi cleanse (cleansing ire, warhorn, signet of stamina… i would consider zerker stance rather an invulnerability period, not a cleanse, so its rather not suited for drawn-out fights, better used by bursting builds like skull crack to make sure the enemy dies) use a mobility weapon to disengage when needed, necros have no mobility whatsoever and you can reset the fight whenever you want if you use either 1h sword or GS.

dont really see a problem with power necros except when they are in lich form tbh.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Necros are quite easy tbh with a ranged weapon.Im guessing..no i know for sure that you are using double melee,switch it around and kite em….See how easy they really are,everytime when i switch to my bow and back of out of their range and start kiting them im seeing the nec gets frustrated,making mistakes and doesnt rlly know what hes trying to do anymore.Pick up that bow.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Necros have very little access to stability.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

A properly built warrior should have the least amount of trouble against necro. And I don’t just mean mace crack/hammer with unsuspecting foe which hard counters necro. Even without those 2 weapons it’s still a good counter to necro.

For example, if you have the longbow and have cleansing ire trait (which you should probably take always it’s so good) and healing signet (which you should take anyways best heal ever) and runes of melandru (good for current condi meta) and berserker stance (should take it’s really good against condi meta) and probably adrenal health and banner regen if you don’t use mace/hammer then you can just spam buttons on the longbow and break even in terms of their damage and your regen and eventually the necro will die.

I guess…if you take absolutely no anti-condi traits/weapons/utilities whatsoever, then yes I can see a warrior getting creamed by a necro.

I like signet of healing but i’ts not the best heal out there X D.

but yeah no arguments about how to counter necros.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

It’s funny that you mention that because with roaming on my warrior i’m taking advantage of our mobility and using hit and run tactics. I’ve soloed groups by running away and getting them to split up due to their differing mobility. If more people learnt to not over commit and to retrait they wouldn’t fall for such an obvious tactic and then i can improve my game by facing better opponents.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock… etc.

We know Necros are the current Meta – try building for counter meta, always makes PvP a laugh.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Strange thing necro dont change anything to beat warriors or any other class out there ! Game is worst than 1 year ago , tyvm anet !

You have no idea what you are talking about. Instead of talking, try listening more. You’ve been given advice, yet you refuse to take it. That isn’t anyone’s fault but your own. Necros are far from unbeatable. Maybe you can’t beat them the way you are setup, good. That means things are working. It’s when you find builds that do well against everyone that you’ve run into a problem. No build should be good against everything. Necros have their weaknesses, and you are able to exploit those with a warrior. Just because you choose not to is no one’s fault but your own.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Or you know, bring a hammer or mace/shield. Necros have almost no reliable stability, so hard CCs on them are the bane of their existance. Some necros do pack a lot of fears, but that’s where balanced stance or dolyak signet come in handy.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

You know … I thought it was actually pretty obvious this was a troll thread. Oh well.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Or you know, bring a hammer or mace/shield. Necros have almost no reliable stability, so hard CCs on them are the bane of their existance. Some necros do pack a lot of fears, but that’s where balanced stance or dolyak signet come in handy.

Isn’t fear a condition, so stability would do nothing against it. Berserker stance would work though.

All is vain.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

I’m gonna try to do something constructive here.
I’m not sure if this thread is just in general, pvp or wvw but here’s what I do in s/tpvp

Full rabids with S/S – Longbow
0/25/20/10/15
Sigil or earth and corruption on swords and doom on longbow.
Healing Signet
Balanced Stance
Endure Pain
Berserker Stance
Signet of Rage

I have no problems with necros.
If you see he’s condition, pop berserker stance as soon as you enter the battle. IF he’s still alive when the stance ends you cleanse all his conditions by abusing your F1 and cleansing ire.

As for what Excalibur said about fear: yes it’s a condition and shouldn’t be broken by stability but it does also count as a stun for some reason and therefore it does (tried it out, stun breakers breaks fear)

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Well actually for a brief 2 days or so after the last balance patch fear actually did bypass stability. Not entirely sure why it was changed back.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

i eat necros on breakfast, “berserkers stanc” is truly a bless combined with a high power build and it should be enough to kill or make necros on the defensive.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

What’s hard about beating necros exactly?
Can’t remember ever losing to one in a 1v1 fight.
Let him spam all his bad, cleanse all (SoS ftw), CC, bam bam bam, necro runs for his life in stinky mode, bam bam bam, dead.
I don’t even use nor need zerk stance.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

If you can’t beat a necro then you need to try a mace/shield + hammer 0/5/30/0/30 melandru stance build. Necros hate warriors atm because we counter them hard with CC and massive damage.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Isn’t fear a condition, so stability would do nothing against it. Berserker stance would work though.

It’s technically both actually. So stun breakers will break you out of it and stability will make you immune to it, but the fun thing is if you have negative condition duration stuff on you (runes and/or food) fear’s durartion is cut from that as well.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

It’s technically both actually. So stun breakers will break you out of it and stability will make you immune to it, but the fun thing is if you have negative condition duration stuff on you (runes and/or food) fear’s durartion is cut from that as well.

Stability most definitely works on Fear. If you run Balance Stance with Berserker Stance you have 20sec(sure-footed) of fear immunity right there.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

lol I love how these warriors talk big about how they have no trouble vs necro’s…pm me ingame and prove…cause I’m pretty sure…any decent necro player will totally clubber all of your warrior builds into oblivion in just a few seconds….all of you

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

yes: the necro needs a hardcore mega nerf….harrrrrrrdcore

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

This is hilarious. A necro necroing a thread about necros. Its necroception!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I’m failing to see how you were trying to be overly helpful. Not a single suggestion on a weapon set, ability or anything. I wish I was a mod here, there would be about 15 threads in all the sub forums =D

he said to post his build so we could see what he could possibly do better, sure we could give suggestions, using hammer being one of them, but ofc, hammers are for noobs according to him :P

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

lol I love how these warriors talk big about how they have no trouble vs necro’s…pm me ingame and prove…cause I’m pretty sure…any decent necro player will totally clubber all of your warrior builds into oblivion in just a few seconds….all of you

http://i.imgur.com/SWMVYin.gif

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I never really have much problems with them.

CC, Balanced Stance & Berzerker Stance should get you a loot bag really.

The necro sucks at being able to deal with CC (builds and ect vary so I’m generalizing). So hammer goes a long way. I don’t even use Berserker Stance, I just go all in and smash face as quickly as possible. Keep them stunned or knocked down so they can’t get into DS and you SHOULD be fine.

All fights are different and every player has different skill levels. I used to main a Necro but I’ve gone back to my War as it’s fun and a change of pace.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

There is no problem asking other Necros what they are using and/or what they used to hit you so hard. You think the condition built Necros would be worse, but Power Necros will kill you in seconds.

-If you see Lich, either stay behind them if there are multiple targets, if it’s 1v1, don’t try to take it (unless they hit like a wet noodle) because it isn’t worth handing them the kill and the cap. If the necro is any good, the AA from Lich should be doing 4-5k dmg each hit easy.
-Don’t let them get life force (evade frequently and interrupt their skills that give them the most life force boosts)
-If you are conditioning them, expect their heals to be bigger because most of them use the healing based on conditions.
-As other said, keep them CC’ed if you can, if not, kill them before they kill you.
-Know when to burn your CDs like Zerker Stance (this one alone will take you a long way if you time it right).
-If they throw down wells, DO NOT STAND IN THEM. You gain vuln so you die faster. Once again, if they are power builds, you’ll die in a few hits.

That’s off the top of my head. Feel free to contact me in game if you have other questions. I have a few Necro friends yet never played one myself, but I know “enough” for what screws me over as Warrior, lol.

Can't beat necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Fear is a condition. Condition clears remove it. Fear is also a stun. Stun breakers remove it. Fear is also blocked by stability and Berserker’s Stance/Automated Response/Diamond Skin. Warriors are equipped with the most ways to block/break/prevent fear from even working.

Stuff goes here.