Can we please have banners "soulbound"?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

This is in WvW perspective, I do not know what was Anet idea in making Banners a public item when we Warriors have to spec for making the best use out of their bonuses and when we need to drop them to cycle Banner skills cooldown and assist our party with our weapon skills, there’s always that guy who picks it up because he thinks its funny to have one and go run elsewhere with it, or others who pick it up by mistake because there was a loot bag next to it and then drop it back (or not) which I appreciate, but what bugs me the most is why aren’t Banners bound to the character who spawn it?

Because it happened more than a few times having spawned my Banner (Which leaves it roughly at 96s cooldown traited) and then when I drop it (mind you I usually try to not drop it in the middle of a fight) it gets picked up and sometimes being distracted in assisting the party/killing invaders I don’t know who got it and I still have 80s cooldown on a utility skill which I can’t have benefits nor from its skills or from its stats, it’s a wasted utility because of a bad concept.

I’m sure Banner warriors will sympathize with this, I’m not saying it’s a reason to quit the game or anything that extreme, but it gets frustrating and could be easily fixed.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

but what bugs me the most is why aren’t Banners bound to the character who spawn it?

Because you might want someone to carry it instead of you, for example in a team setting, especially if you drop more than one.

Honestly I’m not a fan of the banners’ design… But that’s why, I’m guessing.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Lol yeah this happens a lot to people I hear, hasn’t happened to me too often though then again I don’t run banners too often.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Lahm.7056

but what bugs me the most is why aren’t Banners bound to the character who spawn it?

Because you might want someone to carry it instead of you, for example in a team setting, especially if you drop more than one.

Honestly I’m not a fan of the banners’ design… But that’s why, I’m guessing.

That would make sense, if you ran more than one Banner, but at least make it pick-able for the party members only and not the entire server.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They should have been put on our backs right from the start instead of having to carry them around…But hey…we got Guild back banners though ! . . . .

in Warrior

Lahm.7056

They should have been put on our backs right from the start instead of having to carry them around…But hey…we got Guild back banners though ! . . . .

I think that’s an awesome idea, having a separated skill bar for the banners whilst sporting them on our back, but it surely will never happen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

MY EXACT IDEA. IT’S USELESS AS AN ENVIRONMENTAL WEAPON IN THE FIRST PLACE LOLOLOL. Oh wait, no it’s very useful, 4444444444444444444444.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’d rather just have the utility slot switch to ‘recall banner’ or so, and still be able to let randoms carry it if I don’t care or they’re being useful.