Celestial gear for Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: tim.5639

tim.5639

I was playing around with a build calculator and plugged in full celestial stats and here’s what I got. http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.1j.h17.e.1j.h1j.0.0.0|2.5j.hd.0.0.0|1j.71j.1j.71j.1j.71j.1j.71j.1j.71j.1j.71j|1j.67.211.e13.311.0.211.e12.311.0.2s.e13|0.p38.p19.0.k3a|6f.d|5x.6h.6i.6g.6m|e

these stats look insane, 900 cnd damage, 100+ crit dmg with around 3k armor? With that said, I was wondering why I had never seen a post about how good celestial armor is for warriors (especially with a mh sword) or If I am missing something here.

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

in Warrior

tim.5639

I recently have done testing with the gs as well and it can get some very good damage in this build. I have not done any offhand sword testing but initially I would be worried about how much CC is lost if Hammer and Shield are both swapped out.

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I recently have done testing with the gs as well and it can get some very good damage in this build. I have not done any offhand sword testing but initially I would be worried about how much CC is lost if Hammer and Shield are both swapped out.

The basic cc combo with sword/gs is to cancel flurry into 100b

in Warrior

tim.5639

The basic cc combo with sword/gs is to cancel flurry into 100b

I know that… but I was thinking more about missing out on Aoe CC from hammer in outnumbered or small group fights, and the defensive capabilities of the shield.

in Warrior

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Never EvEr run celestial gear on anything except a dd ele. Thought people knew that by now -.-

Holycowow

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Never EvEr run celestial gear on anything except a dd ele. Thought people knew that by now -.-

Instead of just doing a gross generalisation, how about explain why you can’t? Nothing stopping anyone.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by KarlusDavius.1024)

in Warrior

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

While I don’t use celestial, or not even have it.

I must say that for a SWORD/whatever – LONGBOW build, celestial can give some pretty “interesting” stats.

As both those weapons have Condi/power potential.

I would totally give it a try for roaming , IF I had a free celestail set. xD

only thing is that HealingPower I do not like it one bit.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

If you use celestial on a condition build with ss/lb you pretty much sacrafice condition damage (-300 to -500) for around 60% crit damage while maintaining pretty good values on all stats (like 2700 attack, 40% Crit chance, 2600 armor, 22k hp)
with a lot of room for tweaking it into the direction you like.

you bascially get a better spread between direct and over time damage.
you end up with around 400 healing power which might be considered as wasted points though.

seeing the OPs build i do not really know how you are going to kill someone with that. your power is way to low. your armor way to high. your condition damage nowhere near to apply enoguh pressure.

(edited by Asmodal.6489)

in Warrior

tim.5639

I made this build for mostly solo roaming and small group WvW, but still need about 20 days for celestial gear( thanks time-gating) Even with just the ascended trinkets, this has worked pretty well for me because i can provide pretty heavy direct damage AND condi damage from sword bleeds, especially flurry, while having around 23k HP and 2900-3000 armor depending on what set I am in.

not really sure why people are so ready to shrug off celestial stats on other classes than D/D Eles.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

well because they utelize all stats better then anyone else.

The Question remains what s better 2700+ power with 50% crit damage or 1700 power with 100% crit damage assuming the crit chance stays the same

in Warrior

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

A guildy Warrior just finished his set of Celestial, was going to ask him in a week or so how he liked the new armor. He was “sick of having to find/buy all different kinds of armor for each build”. So, glad to see the thread and hopefully some answers will be forthcoming.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

in Warrior

atreyu.9624

If you use celestial on a condition build with ss/lb you pretty much sacrafice condition damage (-300 to -500) for around 60% crit damage while maintaining pretty good values on all stats (like 2700 attack, 40% Crit chance, 2600 armor, 22k hp)
with a lot of room for tweaking it into the direction you like.

you bascially get a better spread between direct and over time damage.
you end up with around 400 healing power which might be considered as wasted points though.

seeing the OPs build i do not really know how you are going to kill someone with that. your power is way to low. your armor way to high. your condition damage nowhere near to apply enoguh pressure.

Pretty much agree.

CELESTIAL is actually a really decent option for a classic condition build with Sword/Longbow, Since you also use power on those weapons.

But for everything else? Meh.

little big wizard – Eu

in Warrior

tim.5639

Obviously this build isnt near a full dps gs build in damage, it can provide pretty good dps (100+ crit dmg and 88p/s on bleed) while granting a lot of survive at 3k armor and 23k health. I think this type of build has a lot of unexplored potential in wvw especially in small groups and soloing (which is what the build is made for. Granted a weapon swap would be a good choice for soloing

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Celestial stats are good for warrior. Not full set but for example I got almost half celestial. Where it works? WvW roaming. Sword is a hybrid weapon and so is longbow.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Warrior

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

would love to see this more developped. any www roaming celestial s/s vid out there?
following this thread closely

I had tried rampager s/s a long time ago, looked awesome on paper, was horrible when roamed in practice. Was before dogged march/cleansire ire came though…

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

im working on a second set of celestial, just to have it for my war, i love it on my ele.

the theory crafting with celestial is very interesting to say the least.

if you want to have a really well rounded build, i would definitely use celestial. but if you are looking for a certain stat, go with what you are looking for like zerk knights pvt or whatever.

so bottom line, celestial gear should not be 100% discounted as an option, its viable.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

A guildy Warrior just finished his set of Celestial, was going to ask him in a week or so how he liked the new armor. He was “sick of having to find/buy all different kinds of armor for each build”. So, glad to see the thread and hopefully some answers will be forthcoming.

Essentially, this is the compromise. One set of armour that can cover a lot of bases, even if it doesn’t cover them entirely. This paired with legendary sword and/or longbow would allow a player to switch between a mid level DPS or mid level condition build in PvE. Considering warrior even at mid levels will out damage a guardian orientated at DPS, it still leaves the warrior as a go to primary melee damage dealer or close quarter condi stacker. In PvE terms with it straight forward nature celestial would prob do just fine for most PvE content.

in Warrior

atreyu.9624

Another build where CELESTIAL might actually be kind of a great Gear, it’s with a lame kitten Hammer build based on the Perplex Runes.

You have got it all: power/critdmg/crit for the hammer. And Condition dmg for dem huge stacks of Confusion.

little big wizard – Eu

in Warrior

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

While I don’t use celestial, or not even have it.

I would totally give it a try for roaming , IF I had a free celestail set. xD

only thing is that HealingPower I do not like it one bit.

The armor you get from the Halloween event JP can be chosen to have Celestial stats.

Pretty easy way to acquire a full set.

Healing power benefits healing signet, andrenal health, and banner regen, which are all used in the o10/30/30/o regen condi build.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag