Certain build of war OP in pvp

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Shield Bash 2 sec stun
Skull Crack 4 sec stun
Pommel Bash 2 sec daze

All of the above WITH sigil of paralyzation.

Sigil of Para does not affect daze.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Shield Bash 2 sec stun
Skull Crack 4 sec stun
Pommel Bash 2 sec daze

Remove 1 sec on the Pommel and thats still essentially 7 secs of stun on an insanely low cooldown.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Shield Bash 2 sec stun
Skull Crack 4 sec stun
Pommel Bash 2 sec daze

Remove 1 sec on the Pommel and thats still essentially 7 secs of stun on an insanely low cooldown.

It also isn’t a 4 second stun, most “facts” about the build are overstated for dramatic effect. Just by adding one or 2 skills with stun breaks/teleports/stability/stealth gives you more than a fair chance against the build. Mesmers and thieves can hinder you a great deal in team fights. Warriors run to counter conditions, so maybe people should learn to bring a counter for warriors.

It still makes me laugh so hard that warriors got buffed so much less than Necros yet the amount of QQ has been even greater. Necros Dhuumfire nerf is only temporary, they didn’t want to stream a tourney with every team running double Necro.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

I see a massive over reaction by aNet nerfing skull crack to 2 seconds, and raising 100b CD to 20 seconds, thus nerfing Warriors into oblivion yet again, due to this thread.

Tis the way aNet rolls. They love to troll people, especially Necros and Warriors.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Warrior

Velron.3729

Shield Bash 2 sec stun
Skull Crack 4 sec stun
Pommel Bash 2 sec daze

Well actually it would be 6 seconds of stun and 1 of daze (where you are free to move and dodge).

6 seconds of stun also implied they stack in duration, which also is not how it works as far as I know and have experienced in actually playing with Mace/Shield.

So if you were to skull crack too soon after the Shield Bash you just wasted some of your stun duration from the bash. If you don’t the person has time to dodge or react in some way between the 2 stuns.

This is nit picking, but it has to be done when people are coming in and claiming OMG 7 second stun! OP! nerf!

And the usual mentions, these are short range, single target, melee attacks. Avoid them.

I play an Engi, usually running no stun breaker, and I do just fine vs all the wannabe Warriors running around with Mace/Shield now thanks to a few “omg Warrior CC OP” threads.

in Warrior

galandor.1059

My general rotation of smacking someone goes like this,

Run into range, daze, attack once, shield bash, attack twice, skull crack, switch to GS, 100 blades, WW, GS 4, GS5.

Profit.

Could be me

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Hahaha, the tears of those who can’t just faceroll warriors and expect to win anymore. OP is what, a D/D ele? I love it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Pommel is a 1 second daze, but it’s not a stun, meaning its better used to interrupt heals, and lengthy skills.

Also, stop rounding up.

SkullCrack 3 * 1.15 = 3.45
Shield 1*1.15=1.15

The game rounds up when DISPLAYING duration on your buff/debuff bar, but not when actually CALCULATING duration. Try it out. You can easily get buffs that display 8 1/2 seconds on your tooltip after buff duration, but they’ll show as 9 for that 1/2 second in your active buff area, before dropping to 8 seconds.

So that’s 4.6 of stun. Not 7. But dont forget, Skullcrack has a 1/2 animation time, same with shield, so if you subtract that, you’re down to 3.6 stun time during which you’re actually at risk for taking damage. AND Shield bash is generally a waste to stunbreak, since it’s mostly to set up for a followup skull crack or to interrupt a skill.

Stunbreak the followup skullcrack and dodge roll. Know your enemy, and be prepared.

Same as when a Thief goes poof, he’s PROBABLY going to backstab you soon, be ready to defend yourself. When an elementalist charges towards you as a ball of lighting and then channels an earth AOE, he’s PROBABLY trying to knock you down and then hit you hard. Stunbreak and dodge.

I have other warriors do this to me all the time. I pop a stunbreak, keep stability up when they are trying to lock me down, and stomp their predictable butts into next week.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Pommel is a 1 second daze, but it’s not a stun, meaning its better used to interrupt heals, and lengthy skills.

Also, stop rounding up.

Shield 1*1.15=1.15

The game rounds up when DISPLAYING duration on your buff/debuff bar, but not when actually CALCULATING duration. Try it out. You can easily get buffs that display 8 1/2 seconds on your tooltip after buff duration, but they’ll show as 9 for that 1/2 second in your active buff area, before dropping to 8 seconds.

So that’s 4.6 of stun. Not 7. But dont forget, Skullcrack has a 1/2 animation time, same with shield, so if you subtract that, you’re down to 3.6 stun time during which you’re actually at risk for taking damage. AND Shield bash is generally a waste to stunbreak, since it’s mostly to set up for a followup skull crack or to interrupt a skill.

Stunbreak the followup skullcrack and dodge roll. Know your enemy, and be prepared.

Same as when a Thief goes poof, he’s PROBABLY going to backstab you soon, be ready to defend yourself. When an elementalist charges towards you as a ball of lighting and then channels an earth AOE, he’s PROBABLY trying to knock you down and then hit you hard. Stunbreak and dodge.

I have other warriors do this to me all the time. I pop a stunbreak, keep stability up when they are trying to lock me down, and stomp their predictable butts into next week.

Wrong. Sigil of PAralyzation is bugged, it adds one full second to duration.
So from Mace F1 goes from 3 to 4.
Shield stun from 1 to 2.
It has been bugged since beta I guess and it is still now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Also, stop rounding up.

Shield 1*1.15=1.15

Wrong. Sigil of PAralyzation is bugged, it adds one full second to duration.
So from Mace F1 goes from 3 to 4.
Shield stun from 1 to 2.
It has been bugged since beta I guess and it is still now.

It could be a display error or it could be the rounding up is intended if it isn’t a display error. Calling it a bug when it has been that way since beta and is so obvious is silly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Well maybe they should patch in a bunch of utility stunbreakers for every class. Would be helpful if they did it before the stun warrior became Flavor of the Month.

Oh wait…

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Well maybe they should patch in a bunch of utility stunbreakers for every class. Would be helpful if they did it before the stun warrior became Flavor of the Month.

Oh wait…

Yeah, I guess that is why there were so many warriors in the tourney…

Oh wait…

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior still needs sustain.
Another classes just come to close and sweeps the floor with me.
(may be i am bad warrior…)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I like big buffs and I cannot lie
You other classes cant deny
When a War walks in with an itty bitty mace
And that shield slam in your face
You get stunned

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

You get stunned

Haha..HAHAHAH… HHAHHAH

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Oni Link.4621

Ashanokittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.5319:

It could be a display error or it could be the rounding up is intended if it isn’t a display error. Calling it a bug when it has been that way since beta and is so obvious is silly.

It is not a display error, I used a stopwatch to verify it.
Anyway I know it may be silly but it is clearly a bug, because there is no point saying 15% increase when it will be always 1 full second, both with single or double sigils.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

[quotkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn=2528650;Ashanor.5319:]

It is not a display error, I used a stopwatch to verify it.
Anyway I know it may be silly but it is clearly a bug, because there is no point saying 15% increase when it will be always 1 full second, both with single or double sigils.[/quote]

Wtf did you do in that quote text

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

The funny thing is, even with it “bugged”, it still doesn’t give us any truly overpowered builds. I really hope they don’t change it, because it’s one of those things that actually seems to work especially well for our class to give us a much needed competitive edge.

And the filter is bugging out in a hilarious way it seems. =p

in Warrior

Oni Link.4621

Wtf did you do in that quote text

I don’t know XD I guess that the automatic censurship system sometimes is funny XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

op is so full of kitten it blows my mind

no way any war can “burst” you in full pvt

if you are getting stun locked for 6 secs then ure eating lvl 3 mace f1 then bash then mace daze , if you are so bad at this game that you don’t carry stun breaks in pvp and cant dodge obvious stun animations you deserve to die

sorry op you are just bad

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

Sounds like a PvE’er walked into a PvP zone and got beaten by an experienced player. Then promptly went to the forums to complain about it.

Also, someone mentioned that Engineer has long cooldown stunbreaks. If you are having trouble against this build as an engi, you need to utilize your blinds, knockbacks, immobilizes, perma-vigor, blocks, and kiting better. (and your stunbreak cooldowns are comparable with other classes’ FYI)

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sounds like a PvE’er walked into a PvP zone and got beaten by an experienced player. Then promptly went to the forums to complain about it.

Also, someone mentioned that Engineer has long cooldown stunbreaks. If you are having trouble against this build as an engi, you need to utilize your blinds, knockbacks, immobilizes, perma-vigor, blocks, and kiting better. (and your stunbreak cooldowns are comparable with other classes’ FYI)

AND Protection Injection: each time you’ll get bursted, you’ll cut the burst by 33%.

Or even by 53%, with Stabilized Armor.

And those traits are useful with EVERY kind of burst, not only the one from warriors.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Ohhh this build. It’s pretty cheesey with a clerics shout heals and berserker jewels setup. You can net in some easy damage with HB and bait off all the stability cooldowns. If you play warrior the animations are so easy to avoid though. Main ones are bull’s charge and shield bash. If you can dodge those 2 and save your stun break for his skull crack-the one that’s not so easy to avoid, then it’s not so bad. Keep in mind warrior in open land is like a bunny thumber, but if he can LOS you through walls and such you need to be careful.

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Ohhh this build. It’s pretty cheesey with a clerics shout heals and berserker jewels setup. You can net in some easy damage with HB and bait off all the stability cooldowns. If you play warrior the animations are so easy to avoid though. Main ones are bull’s charge and shield bash. If you can dodge those 2 and save your stun break for his skull crack-the one that’s not so easy to avoid, then it’s not so bad. Keep in mind warrior in open land is like a bunny thumber, but if he can LOS you through walls and such you need to be careful.

Cleric and shouts is not how this build is run. lol

in Warrior

redslion.9675

People thinking they have to only watch out for my stuns maybe are the reasons I have such an easier time in tpvp these days.XD

This build is really dangerous only when an imaginative warrior is using it.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

In the hands of a really skilled player, this build is very powerful in a 1v1 scenario. It is night and day, the difference between a bad warrior and a good warrior.

A good warrior will make you feel like you can barely damage him because he knows how to time his evades and blocks properly, as well as their relentlessness in putting the pressure on you so you can’t damage him anyway. So people will be like, wth, he takes no damage, when in fact you probably just got outplayed.

However this build is far from unstoppable.

Engis can beat them despite their lack of stunbreakers because of the multiple conditions they put on warriors as well as their CC and their turrets. Engis are also typically more tanky and have lots of sustain.

An MM necro can wipe the floor with this build because of bodyblocking and how tanky these builds tend to be.

Against a condi necro, if a Warrior doesn’t kill the necro during Berserker’s Stance, the advantage falls in the Necro’s favour because this build cannot keep up with the conditions that the necro puts up. Fear, cripple, chill and weakness are the bane of our existence.

S/D thieves could beat this build as well because of their Shadowstep and multitude of evades.

Mesmer’s, well, they are mesmers. They are the warrior’s huge counter because of their on-demand phase retreat and in-combat mobility. Any Warrior will have a really tough time against a good mesmer.

Bunker Shortbow/Sword rangers can also beat this build because they arguably have the most sustainability/damage mitigation out of any class in this game. They also have alot of stunbreaks and if they use their elite that gives you stability, its GG.

Even condition warriors with Sword+Shield/Longbow can beat this build. Warriors have many stunbreaks and can have high uptime on stability. As well as having good mobility.

Eles and Guardians will tend to have a tougher time vs this Warrior build, but even Guardians and Eles can have the sustainability to go toe to toe with such a build.

So there you go. I named at least 6 classes that have builds that can counter or beat this Mace+Shield/Greatsword build if set up and played right. And apparently this build is "OP".

Warriors always have to build and set up their utilities in anticipation of receiving lots of conditions and burst damage. In other words, they always build with damage mitigation in mind and in terms of what the opponents are running.

So now that other classes finally have to build for what the Warrior brings to the table, which is hard CC and burst damage. People are crying because they can no longer get away with bringing any utility they want without any thought and expect to be fine. It is about kitten time classes have to at least start to consider building and adapting for what the warrior brings to the table, which, lets be honest, for the majority that this game has been out no other classes really did.

Because guess what, since the beginning of the game. Warriors had to build keeping in mind every other class in the game. We needed to build condition removal for Necros, Engis, Mesmers and other such builds. We needed to carry shields, pack invulnerability and have some sort of endurance boosting bonus against thieves and other classes that do heavy burst. We needed mobility/stability to avoid being kited to death by many classes and to escape from bad fights. We needed to keep sustainability in mind to keep up with other more inherently more sustainable classes and to survive in melee. And many times, we needed to slot runes just to get protection and put 30 into tactics for shout heals because it was ridiculous how fast we would die.

And while we built with all these things in mind. There is one main thing above all that we needed to do, and what we are meant to do. And that is DAMAGE.

And since it was pretty impossible to do all these things and still do damage, many ppl decided screw it let me go full zerker build because I am going to die and not outsustain anybody anyway.

Now I am not asking that a Warrior should be able to do all these things mentioned at the same time, but pretty much to be a viable class we needed to do almost 90% of all of these things at the same time because of the way this class is designed; most classes can passively do damage while a warrior always has to be aggressive and active.

However, Warriors are getting more viable, albeit slowly and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I can’t believe somebody would have the nerve to complain about a Warrior build being OP when #1: we have been by far the worst PvP class for a long time. #2: we probably still are one of the least viable if not the least viable class in PvP. Most if not all classes have had their FotM moments or been at least in the top 3 at one point. Not warriors.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Velron.3729

Oh wait…

Yeah totally…I mean its not like every profession has access to multiple stun breaks but chooses to ignore them because before now they could get away with it. lol

You get stunned

BEST. POST.

in Warrior

Velron.3729

AND Protection Injection: each time you’ll get bursted, you’ll cut the burst by 33%.

Or even by 53%, with Stabilized Armor.

And those traits are useful with EVERY kind of burst, not only the one from warriors.

Seriously, an Engi with Protection Injection and Stabilized Armor should be able to sit there and /laugh at you while they eat the full stun duration.

Not to mention Engineers have a bunch of other ways to avoid this (as mentioned by a poster above).

There’s even a trait with a 50% chance to blind attacker when hit with melee weapon. On only a 10 second ICD.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

There’s even a trait with a 50% chance to blind attacker when hit with melee weapon. On only a 10 second ICD.

Well, that wouldn’t work because it would stop only the first strike.

in Warrior

Posted by: jonathan.7862

jonathan.7862

You shouldn’t vs a warrior on a 1v1 did you forget they wear heavy armor and have a huge sword?

in Warrior

galandor.1059

You get stunned

And the award for best Forums post of the year goes to…

DAND.8231 FOR HIS RENDITION OF I LIKE BIG BUFFS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!!!

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Raghnu.1049

Raghnu.1049

Before warriors go all crazy on me hear me out here and if you are this type of op warrior, then go ahead and defend yourself id like to hear it.

So I heard wars got buffed and i was like oh cool they needed it not asking how, my friend said was it was absolutely insanely op 1v1 but i didn’t really investigate.

I am in ebg jp where alot of dueling takes place and this one war is camping 4 level 80s (we got no mesmers or engineers so no flavor of the month proffessions to help)

He uses sword/shield and then greatsword. He stuns someone for about 7 seconds and he does this almost every 15-20 seconds. In that stun you get bursted about 13k if you are in pvt gear but not running a tank build.

This war is running pvt gear and a tanky build as no one is hitting high on him at all yet hes dealing 13k dmg burst and stunning someone for about 7 seconds every 15-20 seconds. Alot of people claim this is a troll build well, it’s a troll build that’s killing off groups of people at a time.

His greatsword is am amazing gap closer of course and amazing at running away with low cooldown gap closing abilities.

It’s like seeing a vanilla DD bunker ele but twice the single target damage and instead of extra heals he has blocks and reflect. Tell me how is this fair?

EDIT: Correction the type of weapon with this type of stunlock is mace/shield

The person you were dueling was me, you never used a stun break, you dodged when I wasn’t even near you (with me running melee weapons and no ranged) you never dodged bulls rush. This is a l2p issue

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Cleric and shouts is not how this build is run. lol

You’d be surprised at how hilarious it is in WvW.

We were build for a heavy CC class no? Someone who uses mace shield with reflect projectiles can become pretty good with it. Not to mention the counter attack can crit for like 4-6k depending on your stats.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Well, that wouldn’t work because it would stop only the first strike.

Wowww I never knew that trait existed lol. That’s pretty troll. It could totally ruin your bull’s/shield bash though.

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Why is this thread even this long? It’s obvious the OP has no idea whatsoever about how to play the game, let alone the intricacies of defeating certain class builds.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

sounds like he just got outplayed

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Why is this thread even this long? It’s obvious the OP has no idea whatsoever about how to play the game, let alone the intricacies of defeating certain class builds.

There was another thread just created on the same topic with a similar title. I’m now bombing the OP LOL.