Change Warhorn into shout mechanic wise

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Change Warhorn abilities into Shout mechanic wise. this way is works with Vigorous Shouts, which is our only active support role heal.

This way we can carry at least 1 banner (outside of Rez Banner) as well as 4 shouts

in Warrior

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

How is blowing into a Warhorn a shout?

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Shout into it to amplify your voice. like a chant or shout.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

both are loud noises.

in Warrior

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Both require you to be full of hot air? Although one side just toots their own horn while the other rages at everything.

in Warrior

Posted by: dankin.3529

dankin.3529

Use Call To Arms in a Waterfield.

(edited by dankin.3529)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

That would make a x/Warhorn Shout warrior rather nuts.

Just consider it for a second:

• Quick Breathing converts 1 condition and you get 2 skills that do this
  • Vigorous Shouts adds healing to that
  • Soldier Runes would now work with Warhorn skills
  • Inspiring Shouts would work with Warhorn skills

So if you went all out, you would end up with Call To Arms and Charge removing 1 condition, converting 1 condition to a boon, healing you and giving a good amount of adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Warhorn is already a good weapon, especially with the Quick Breathing trait.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

So if you went all out, you would end up with Call To Arms and Charge removing 1 condition, converting 1 condition to a boon, healing you and giving a good amount of adrenaline.

And in case of charge, it would also remove crippled, chilled and immobilize.
On you and allies.
12s cooldown for up to 5 removed conditions, 1.5k heal, swiftness, on condition converted into a boon for you and all allies withing 600 range.
It’s not like the current version isn’t already strong enough xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

The reason why warhorn isn’t really good (in spvp anyways) is that’s it’s a sustain weapon, and warriors have no sustain. Since pretty much everything can outheal you/sustain you your only hope is to kill them before they kill you. Which is why high dmg weapons are what all the pros gravitate towards, support weapons on warrior are useless.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

How is it your satisfied as a war being owned by every other class and yet you shoot down any helpful suggestion to fix the class?

in Warrior

XII.9401

On you and allies.
12s cooldown for up to 5 removed conditions, 1.5k heal, swiftness, on condition converted into a boon for you and all allies withing 600 range.

1.Every other class doesn’t have to close the gap so automatically that negates chill, immob, snare.

2.Condition converted to boon: Removes the weakest condition..say a bleed..and you get a crap boon from it..then bleed is reapplied right after from a regular no cooldown auto weapon attack. Only protection and stability are what is important. The other classes get protection from everything..protection on dodge..protection on switching weapons ‘attunement’ :Ele. Did you also know that eles can switch attunements while stunned thus giving them protection or healing WHILE stunned? They can also switch attunements while channeling another ability without cancelling it.
It’s in the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Breathing

3.You have to go 20 points deep to get the crappy ability listed under 2.

How is it the current version is good? I don’t understand….am I the only one playing warrior in spvp?

(edited by XII.9401)

in Warrior

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

On you and allies.

1.Every other class doesn’t have to close the gap so automatically that negates chill, immob, snare.

2.Condition converted to boon: Removes the weakest condition..say a bleed..and you get a crap boon from it..then bleed is reapplied right after from a regular no cooldown auto weapon attack. Only protection and stability are what is important. The other classes get protection from everything..protection on dodge..protection on switching weapons ‘attunement’ :Ele. Did you also know that eles can switch attunements while stunned thus giving them protection or healing WHILE stunned? They can also switch attunements while channeling another ability without cancelling it.

How is it the current version is good? I don’t understankittenhe only one playing warrior in spvp?

If you really believe that 9s of vigor (that is what bleeding is converting into), is a crappy boon, then you have some seriously issues.
Vigor might the strongest defensive boon ingame.

Being able to dodge every 5 seconds instead of every 10 is a massive advantage, and on of the main reasons why:

• Ele
  • Guardian
  • Mesmer

Survive so much stuff.
All 3 of these classes have a vigor trait, either minor or major in on of their standard traitlines, which basically any build specs into. All 3 will get a near to 100% uptime on vigor by their respective trait.

Also it removes a stack. Removing a stack of 5 bleeds which last 10s from a condition spec? Jep, that just was 5k damage prevented. Yes you are reading right. 5k damage.
Protection will absorb 5k damage if:

1. x*33% = 5000
  2. 5000/33% = x
  3. x = 15151

Yes, you would get hit for 15k damage. Instead of 15k you will then just get 10k.
Now protection just prevented 5k damage, but the convert of bleeding gave you vigor, giving you double the amount of dodge rolls.
One well placed dodge will surpass 5k evaded damage, especially if you are running zerger amulet.

Don’t get me wrong. Protection is an awesome defensive boon. But if you have to choose between prot or vigor + condi remove, well you should also go for the second one.

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Warhorn is an awesome and fun weapon set. The weapon is meant for a very mobile build.

Right now, I am running axe main with shield and horn with 25/0/10/20/15 trait distribution.

The major problems I have with the off hand is the fact that cast time is too kitten long.

Make #4 an instant and #5 have 1/8 second cast time then I will be happy

in Warrior

XII.9401

On you and allies.

How is it the current version is good? I don’t understankittenhe only one playing warrior in spvp?

If you really believe that 9s of vigor (that is what bleeding is converting into), is a crappy boon, then you have some seriously issues.
Vigor might the strongest defensive boon ingame.

Being able to dodge every 5 seconds instead of every 10 is a massive advantage, and on of the main reasons why:

• Ele
  • Guardian
  • Mesmer

Survive so much stuff.
All 3 of these classes have a vigor trait, either minor or major in on of their standard traitlines, which basically any build specs into. All 3 will get a near to 100% uptime on vigor by their respective trait.

Also it removes a stack. Removing a stack of 5 bleeds which last 10s from a condition spec? Jep, that just was 5k damage prevented. Yes you are reading right. 5k damage.
Protection will absorb 5k damage if:

1. x*33% = 5000
  2. 5000/33% = x
  3. x = 15151

Yes, you would get hit for 15k damage. Instead of 15k you will then just get 10k.
Now protection just prevented 5k damage, but the convert of bleeding gave you vigor, giving you double the amount of dodge rolls.
One well placed dodge will surpass 5k evaded damage, especially if you are running zerger amulet.

Don’t get me wrong. Protection is an awesome defensive boon. But if you have to choose between prot or vigor + condi remove, well you should also go for the second one.

Um..you get vigor from warhorn 5 which is surprisingly just a hop, a skip and a jump away from warhorn 4..why wouldn’t you want protection or stability instead?

Guardians have protection, retal and a good regen up. I don’t think vigor is what tips the scales for them.

Eles have protection, regen, instant heal every 9 seconds. I don’t think vigor is what does it for them.

Mesmers have teleportations, invisibility and a 2 sec immunity to anything gw2 has to throw on them every 10 secs. I don’t think that vigor is what makes it for them..

I’d rather have any of the above than have another vigor on top of my warhorn vigor that would just make me dodge closer to my target only to have them stealth, teleport or smash my face in with retal.

I doubt any of the holy trinity classes: Mesmers, thief and guardian rely on vigor mainly.

As for removing a stack of bleeds, they will be applied again later, Also, you have your condition resistance runes, heals etc which are better than switching to a warhorn to blow it to remove one condition and waste the slot that a shield would occupy better.

I’d like to see a competitive warrior in high end pvp using a warhorn instead of a shield.

in Warrior

XII.9401

Warhorn is an awesome and fun weapon set. The weapon is meant for a very mobile build.

Right now, I am running axe main with shield and horn with 25/0/10/20/15 trait distribution.

The major problems I have with the off hand is the fact that cast time is too kitten long.

I agree if we are talking pve. I don’t think warhorn is superior to shield. You need survivability and I don’t think anything on our off hands beats the shield block. It’s just a life saver against thief openers, mesmer shatters etc. Vigor won’t help you dodge the attack if you can’t see the thief coming towards you or stealthed clones.

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

I agree if we are talking pve. I don’t think warhorn is superior to shield. You need survivability and I don’t think anything on our off hands beats the shield block. It’s just a life saver against thief openers, mesmer shatters etc. Vigor won’t help you dodge the attack if you can’t see the thief coming towards you or stealthed clones.

Hey, I am using both shield and warhorn

I agree with you on mesmers because this build will never kill a decent mesmer. However, the weapon set will kill thieves. Thevies are practically naked the whole fight. I use utilies like stomp, kick, and a stun breaker to gain an advantage over a thief mobility. Its fun. I like it and the playstyle.

This build is very hard to play right

in Warrior

dankin.3529

The warhorn is very strong in PVE (/WvW). All nearby allies get swiftness, vigor (with the right runes it could be permanently). You have also a blast combofinisher (all effects are groupeffects and in PVE you are always in one field), weakness to all enemies and condition-removing for the whole party (traited). The boon-conversion is a nice to have. I would even play warhorn without it. Combined with an axe in mainhand, you are a killing machine and bring a lot of support.

Consider this, when you want changes for better use in PVP. And no one in PVE want abandon the combofinisher or anything else for shout mechanic.

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

The warhorn is very strong in PVE (/WvW). All nearby allies get swiftness, vigor (with the right runes it could be permanently). You have also a blast combofinisher (all effects are groupeffects and in PVE you are always in one field), weakness to all enemies and condition-removing for the whole party (traited). The boon-conversion is a nice to have. I would even play warhorn without it. Combined with an axe in mainhand, you are a killing machine and bring a lot of support.

Consider this, when you want changes for better use in PVP. And no one in PVE want abandon the combofinisher or anything else for shout mechanic.

I actually kidda agree; however, I believe the major issue with the warhorn is only the cast time. Making #4 an instant and reduce the #5 to something like half a second will make warhorn more viable offensively. Axe + warhorn / shield is actually quite strong spvp build. I use lots of knockback utiles

Necros will hate you
thevies are not your biggest fans

Require some skill to fight
guardians
d/d elemental
Engineer

Problematic class
Mesmers
bunker BM rangers

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

yea what gives. warriors have one good option for support (sword/mace and a warrhorn) but they need to either screw their CD on shouts or not get healing shouts in order to make themselves a support class and they can forget about healing banners. traits need to be combined a bit. quick breathing should be both shouts and warhorn abilities and healing banners should be combined with vigorous shouts. Idk about you but i wouldnt mind running full soldier gear with a sword and a warhorn with a banner of tactics and FGJ with shake it off. We could actually compete with the guardians for support perhaps in a more offensive way…

in Warrior

dankin.3529

Making #4 an instant and reduce the #5 to something like half a second will make warhorn more viable offensively.

They allready reduced it last patch on #5. So they are both half a second now. For PVE that is okay. If you make one of those instant you can break stun, daze and all that traitet (quick breathing: Convert 1 condition into a boon). I would love that.

in Warrior

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Making #4 an instant and reduce the #5 to something like half a second will make warhorn more viable offensively.

They allready reduced it last patch on #5. So they are both half a second now. For PVE that is okay. If you make one of those instant you can break stun, daze and all that traitet (quick breathing: Convert 1 condition into a boon). I would love that.

stun/daze/all that, are not conditions. It wouldn’t break the stun. (Would break Fear) Its no different then using for Great Justice while stunned. Sure it works, but it doesn’t do anything. However, making charge instant cast speed would make me a very happy panda. Considering most immobilizes are 1-2 seconds, and the cast time is 1/2 a sec, and reaction speed plus lag is easily another half a second. Your not really getting a huge benefit from that. Still great for removing chills/cripples tho.

in Warrior

dankin.3529

you’re right, my fault. in this case it may getting useful in PVP and it does not change much in PVE.

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

stun/daze/all that, are not conditions. It wouldn’t break the stun. (Would break Fear) Its no different then using for Great Justice while stunned. Sure it works, but it doesn’t do anything. However, making charge instant cast speed would make me a very happy panda. Considering most immobilizes are 1-2 seconds, and the cast time is 1/2 a sec, and reaction speed plus lag is easily another half a second. Your not really getting a huge benefit from that. Still great for removing chills/cripples tho.

Fear is a condition and necro spam those alot.

Usually, I find myself dying often because my warhorn cast keeps getting interrupted when all slow conditions get stacked. Both skills cast time are too long.

I wish I can use #5 offensive, but 1/2 seconds cast takes too much time. I need to attack to put pressure and 1/2 second makes me lose an auto attack. quarter seconds is much better.

i want to use this weapon for pvp

in Warrior

XII.9401

Hey, I am using both shield and warhorn

I agree with you on mesmers because this build will never kill a decent mesmer. However, the weapon set will kill thieves. Thevies are practically naked the whole fight. I use utilies like stomp, kick, and a stun breaker to gain an advantage over a thief mobility. Its fun. I like it and the playstyle.

This build is very hard to play right

The problem is sword thieves who know how to abuse the sword mechanic. Zero cooldown on their stun breakers. They just keep resetting the fight every time till you blow all your big stuns. I intentionally do that on my thief: Make a war blow frenzy, endure pain, Bulls etc then start wailing on him. Warriors are all about slow big hits and long cooldowns. One trick ponies.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I think it would be too powerful, warhorn is already great. I run untraited warhorn in WvW a lot and I can’t see how anything would outperform it there cause of group swiftness / self perma swiftness (combined with sig of rage) and snare removal. If it’s buffed, it should be a sPvP only buff imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Change Warhorn abilities into Shout mechanic wise. this way is works with Vigorous Shouts, which is our only active support role heal.

This way we can carry at least 1 banner (outside of Rez Banner) as well as 4 shouts

Theres absolutely no reason to run shout builds anymore. When I say shout builds I mean soldier runes. The current meta is Melandru runes + dogged march + lemon grass. You may say this is a selfish build but your wrong. If you want to put FGJ and Shake it off on your bar and trait a warhorn you still can. But the benifits from not having to blow your shouts to remove those kind of conditions frees them up to when you need to remove a poisen or a bleed. I want to say though that with -65% condition duration most conditions are not going to hurt you when you have regeneration and water fields.

So what does that mean well it means instad of dumping 30 points in tactics you could dump 20 for leg specialist and quick breathing. which then allows you to put 30 in discipline. Why? because you can get burst mastery then. Why is burst mastery so awesome? Becasue if your a hammer warrior for example you can use earth shaker more frequently. That alone would help your team more than healing 5 people for 1k hp and removing a condition that may or may not exist in the first place and in many cases there condi removal is way better than your and the heal is basically worthless on top of it.

So somthing like 0/0/20/20/30 is way better than 0/0/30/30/10

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

loseridoit.2756

@warlord

thank, you gave me ideas to help strengthen my warhorn spvp build