Changes that could make war better in pvp

in Warrior

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

Greatsword:
Burst skill – is now 100 blades and it can be used while moving.
2 – is now AOE knockback with massive damage
5- is now bull’s charge
3- now applies cripple

AXE:
5- damage increased by 30% and gain stability for the duration

Shake it off utility: now remove 3 conditions and grants regeneration and protection for 10 sec

Defence trait’s:
- Dodged march is now first minor trait

Discipline trait’s:
gain 1 % burst damage for 1 point instead of 1% per 10 points.

Tactic’s trait’s:
first minor trait – increase armor from toughness by 50%

Even with these changes warrior would not be even close to mesmer or ele, but it could be a good start.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Greatsword:
5- is now bull’s charge
3- now applies cripple

AXE:

Shake it off utility: now remove 3 conditions and grants regeneration and protection for 10 sec

Defence trait’s:

Discipline trait’s:

Tactic’s trait’s:

Even with these changes warrior would not be even close to mesmer or ele, but it could be a good start.

Your buff may be a “little” over the top.

in Warrior

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

You realize that if your Shake It Off! changes were implemented, Shake It Off! could potentially remove 4 conditions (soldier’s runes), provide 10 seconds of protection and regeneration, heal (vigorous shouts) and have a 20 second cooldown (lung capacity). There’s a difference between bringing us up to par with other classes and making us extremely overpowered.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

You realize that if your Shake It Off! changes were implemented, Shake It Off! could potentially remove 4 conditions (soldier’s runes), provide 10 seconds of protection and regeneration, heal (vigorous shouts) and have a 20 second cooldown (lung capacity). There’s a difference between bringing us up to par with other classes and making us extremely overpowered.

lol, look at ele, he has 5+ diferent boons up 100% time, i remove it with necro corrupt boon, 1-2 sec later all conditions gone and his boons are up again

in Warrior

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Greatsword:
5- is now bull’s charge
3- now applies cripple

This is way too strong. You basically enchanted GS so much that it is a must choice. There should not be a must choice.

AXE:

Thought about Stability too but there is no need for increased damage. It is an AOE skill and AOE-speaking it deals a good damage.

25 s cooldown (20 s with trait) for 10 s Protection, 10 s Regeneration, stun break and 3 condition removed is ABSOLUTELY insane. This, united with Forge Runes, will make the Warrior too strong defensive-speaking.

Defence trait’s:

Interesting. Minor trait instead of which one?

Discipline trait’s:

That was initially. It was changed because Eviscerate and Kill Shot were too strong so they won’t change it back for sure.

Tactic’s trait’s:

You are suggesting that if you have 1000 Toughness, you will get a bonus 500 points in Armor. This trait + your idea of SIO + Forge Runes = 4000 Armor + nearly permanent Protection = unkillable for any non-condition damage dealer. And it will be a minor trait too, absolutely too strong.

Some suggestions are interesting but they are too drastic. ArenaNet clearly stated they won’t do any big buff which may lead to a later debuff. They prefer to do small buffs instead.

(edited by Oni Link.4621)

in Warrior

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

lol, look at ele, he has 5+ diferent boons up 100% time, i remove it with necro corrupt boon, 1-2 sec later all conditions gone and his boons are up again

5+ boons up 100% of the time is just incorrect. Eles get most of their boons through attunement swapping, or a few 60+ second cooldown utilities. Also their best source of condition removal is Ether Renewal, which is the easiest skill in the game to interrupt. Not to mention, if the Ele has 5+ boons at one time, they are more than likely Fury, Might, Swiftness, Regeneration, Protection, and Vigor. One stack of might and swiftness make little difference in a fight and the Ele has to put 2 attunements on recharge to gain those little boons. The vigor is permanent but that’s about it. The fury is 2 second per attunement swap, and Regen/Protection only last for 3 seconds each and also require attunements being wasted. We can keep 15+ stacks of might and fury 100% no problem. I’m not saying Warriors are even nearly as strong as Ele’s, but these changes are obviously biased, which will get us nowhere. If we want to be taken seriously we have to be rational.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!