Charr or Norn for a new Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Anakkah.4078

Anakkah.4078

Hey guys, I just got Guild Wars 2 about a week ago and currently my main is a lvl 30 Norn Ranger. I was planning on making a warrior alt, however I can not decide between a Charr or another Norn. I both like these races equally, but that makes the decision even harder.

So I want to know, which has the better story line, how individual gear pieces look on these races etc, the little things make a difference.

Thanks.

Great leaders inspire greatness in others.

in Warrior

Posted by: jubov.2037

jubov.2037

Since you just started, you probably don’t know yet that you can preview the armor and weapons in the pvp area from the pvp lockers (Heart of the Mists, there is a “PvP” button in the top left of your screen). You can access it with low level characters, you only need to complete the tutorial (not sure if that is needed, but it will only take few minutes). And since you already have a Norn, you just need to make a Charr to check the armor/weapons.

Should help you decide which race you want to roll.

in Warrior

Anakkah.4078

I have already been to the heart of the mists many times and I’m currently like lvl 7 in PVP I also know that you can preview armour and weapons, however can’t you only preview the default armour you are given at the mists, the lvl 80 default PVP gear? You can’t check the vendors for the higher upgraded gear because I believe you have to be the respected lvl before that.

in Warrior

Posted by: jubov.2037

jubov.2037

I also know that you can preview armour and weapons, however can’t you only preview the default armour you are given at the mists, the lvl 80 default PVP gear?

There are PvP lockers near the vendors, you can preview most (all?) models from there, or at least the ones your Warrior can use. The lockers are to your right when you enter Heart of the Mists.

in Warrior

Anakkah.4078

Are cool, cool, cool. I thought that was only for storing PVP collections. I shall check up on that.

in Warrior

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Charr are far superior to all other races. Anyone not playing a Charr is doing it wrong.

That being said, somebody in ANet didn’t get the memo that Charr have tails so quite a few bits of armour have tail-clipping issues. If you’re bothered about appearance then you’d best get used to using transmutation stones!

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square