Charr or Norn?

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I plan on using this Toon for all over game play, such as Raids/Fractals/sPvP for Dailies/WvW

I know a lot of people use Human or Asura, partially for aesthetics, but I believe it’s mostly for concealing skill animations in sPvP/WvW.

As for a build, I plan on going with the Burnzerker, because it’s been a while since I played a Condi build, and now due to the Elite spec, Warriors have access to a good Condi build.

Thoughts/Advice is welcomed, thanks all!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Humans are so boring… I’m a male norn running power gs & rifle until I can get all my condi gear.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

It’s hard to give advice on something so subjective, but here goes.

I tend to find Norn extremely boring, as they’re basically just big humans, with the problem of armor stretching and clipping added to them. Lore-wise they’re also not that interesting. If you go Norn, might as well go human – less cosmetic problems, better cultural armor (in my opinion), less camera problems in tight spaces. And of course better background story, as GW1 was basically all about humans – even if that means absolutely nothing gameplay-wise.

Between the two, I’d definitely go Charr. They also have cosmetic problems and clipping, but at least they’re different enough – plus they look pretty amazing in heavy armor.

Keep in mind however that if you’re a fan of jumping puzzles, both Norn and Charr can be a total pain in the behind – they tend to make them way more annoying than normal.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Charr. I have a charr warrior and norn guard, and I never liked my norn guard for some reason. I ended up making a human guard and a human warrior and theyre basically my mains now days. My crafting is on my charr war, so I was on him earlier today and realized how much I missed him… I turned my power set into viper and its on my human, and now im making another ascended power set for my charr warrior because hes such a bad—- with a GS and rifle

Also axe looks 100000x better on charr than any other race

(edited by Azure.8670)

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Charr

Basically I have Charr war for WvW guild raids and PvE and Asura War for spvp and WvW roaming. I also have a Norn warrior, but it’s just boring. Some people say that Charrs have aesthetic problems, but in my opinion there’s quite a few ways of making charr look nice in heavy armor. More than Norn I’d say.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The only problem with Charr, are the boots, every single style is open toe.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

You pretty much have to go Charr for warriors, bro; if you’re even the slightest bit non-generic.

Charr = Warrior/Engie / Guardian /Rev

Norn = Ranger / Warrior / Guardian

Asura = Engie/ Thief / Mesmer

Human = Anything (But Warrior because if you pick Warrior you’re automatically Logan tier)

Sylvari = Elementalist / Ranger

Rev is class-neutral.

EDIT: [Just realized how generic playing a charr warrior actually is, having a crisis]

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Both are pretty awesome for warriors. Personally, I like Charr for the T3 cultural, but you do have to wrestle with a lot of clipping issues on the tail for most other armor skins.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Odokuro.5049

Made him a Charr, named Garron Glaiveclaws, liking it a bunch, just need a Pre-Berserker Elite Spec Build, to use until I have it 100% unlocked, any advice on that?

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Made him a Charr, named Garron Glaiveclaws, liking it a bunch, just need a Pre-Berserker Elite Spec Build, to use until I have it 100% unlocked, any advice on that?

Strength, defense, discipline, full melee GS/ Axe/Shield with forceful greatsword.

Cleave ALL the things!

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

Human = Anything (But Warrior because if you pick Warrior you’re automatically Logan tier)

Uh, pretty sure Logan is a Guardian. He’s too much of a coward to be a Warrior. :P

Congrats on your Charrior!

For Pre-zerker, Phalanx Strength GS/Axe-mace Warrior is still amazing for dungeons or general pve play (Strength/Tactics/Arms) while for PvP GS/Hammer and GS/Axe-shield (Strength/Defense/Discipline for both) should kinda maybe work. Sortof.

But really, while leveling and doing zones just go with the flow and experiment. It’ll help you understand the class better and it will be overall a lot more fun.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Uh, pretty sure Logan is a Guardian. He’s too much of a coward to be a Warrior. :P

This makes sense.

And is canon. Well done.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Considering the animations for Charr and norn war are awful, I vote Asura

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

As much as I absolutely love charr….Their animations for melee skills are so odd.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Odokuro.5049

Update

Just got my Charr Warrior’s Elite-spec FULLY unlocked, and am wondering what is a pretty standard PvE build to run, I plan on doing Fractals mostly in PvE, along with just going around on the Chest-choo hoo in SW.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

It’s hard to give advice on something so subjective, but here goes.

I tend to find Norn extremely boring, as they’re basically just big humans, with the problem of armor stretching and clipping added to them. Lore-wise they’re also not that interesting.

Norn has plenty of interesting a complex Lore

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Charr.

/10charr

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mulling.8421

Mulling.8421

Charr Master Race!

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Norn is the obvious choice. But Charr are cool too!

Charr or Norn?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

If you don’t care to really notice yourself (gear/weapons) and don’t want to be an easy eye target for the enemy (wvw/pvp), I’d say go Asura first, Sylvari second and Human third.