Codesniffer's WvW Condi/Regen Warrior Build

in Warrior

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

WvW Condi/Regen Warrior Build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscTjkOpwxQWQMRCEkCNsKOFSCVB7I9IMGw1A-jUzAIOioRaBAVBi6kRqASesIasFswW3CS1Naa9kqYwUoCyelioVLFATSjA-w

Note: This build has common elements found in other builds currently circulating. The thing I did with this build that makes it worth your time is it is built on a base of equipment that you can easily get from the BLTC and Guild vendors for minimal (at this time) cost.

What is this build about?

This build is based around using regen and condition damage to survive and destroy. The downsides to this build are lack of extended mobility and ability to defend against constant glass cannon pressure. You’ll have bleeds, burns, and poisons. Two immobilizes with Flurry and Pin Down. With this build I have killed more people in WvW as a warrior than any other build I have ever used.

Stats

1400+ condition damage, 1100+ healing power, 3000 armor, 25k hp, 42sec boons including 1min30sec of swiftness! Your boons will run out 3 seconds before you can do another Signet of Rage! That’s almost permanent boons! That means you’ll have almost permanent 5 might, 20% crit, and swiftness that basically never runs out. After Potent Master Tuning Crystal and Sigil of Corruption you’ll have over 1400 condition damage! You’ll be healing around 1000hp per ~3sec.

What can I kill?

Great at killing: Necro’s, Mesmers, Guardians, Elementalists, Rangers, Condition Thieves, and other Warriors.
Hard at killing: Glass cannons, but only if the pressure is constant and distance is hard to maintain.

Attachments:

(edited by epborden.7492)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hello,

Interesting ideas, thanks for sharing the build! As a fellow condition warrior, I have a few remarks for discussion:

• About the regeneration: it’s great, but I am unfortunately not familiar enough with its effects to tell how much it can contribute to fight conditions,
  • About the vitality / toughness: I feel that the toughness is a bit low, hence some of your problems against glass cannons. Vitality is useful to endure conditions, but since you have a nice regeneration, wouldn’t it be worth to exchange some for toughness, more useful against glass cannons, and indirectly giving more condition damage through the crystal food mechanism (higher percentage for toughness)?

So, what would you think of the following possible changes? It all depends on the regeneration being high enough by itself to fight back conditions (along with the usual “Cleansing Ire”), so suggested changes may not be all simultaneously applicable.

• Since you have “Signet Mastery”, why not take the “Dolyak Signet” instead of the “Balance Stance”? The passive skill gives you lots of toughness, and the cooldown is not that worse,
  • The “Berserker Stance” is great against condition foes, but not glass cannons. “Endure Pain”, on the other hand, can let you endure the pain of their bursts with no worries.
  • To gain more toughness, I’d exchange “Shaman” for “Settler”. Also, the “Cavalier” back is likely a missclick?
  • Eventually, I wonder if the high regeneration can allow you to switch for a more offensive food, to increase condition damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscTjkOtwFPWQMRCEkCNsKOFSCVB7I9IMGw1A-jEzAIOioRaBAVBi6kRqASesIasFswW3CS1NaadioadDmXpIa1SBso0I-w

Regards.

in Warrior

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

This is not a new build. It has been around for a long time. It is just now being used more because of the Condi buffs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh sorry, I thought this might be something interesting.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Just gonna leave this right here…

Build is better, play is better.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: reign.2369

reign.2369

Does that build still work?

in Warrior

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I think I like full Dire better

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

Seriously guys, full defensive won’t do much for warrior in wvw cmon now will you bore to death enemies?.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscTjkOxuxQuQMxBC0DsUltcZM+loPMHA-jkCBIgCi0CAUFgUHQJQFRjtsuIasKZCy6FYqYJ1jATKAIWGB-w

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I think I like full Dire better

It’s because regneration only has a .125 ratio for healing. You add another 12.5% of your healing power in health per second. With the build in the OP it’s another 142 (rounded) health per second. It comes down to is having the few hundred extra armor and the like 7k more health/700 more condi damage worth it? To me it is, but everyone is different.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscDGQQP0wqQAPFSi0jwYAXDA-jUCBoOCik0A00gUHQZSFRjtaqIas6GYKWER1eEFRrWKAmkGB-w

Compared to OPs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

similar build with shout healing & warhorn in my sig. been running this forever now, its champ at roaming. only some glasscannon and perplexity builds give me trouble

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015