Compare these two Axe Builds

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Hey Warrior forum, what do you think is better?

First build is 25/25/0/10/10
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p56.0.a6.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Second build is 30/25/0/0/15
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|u58a.p56.0.0.f5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

3% damage increase gives about 325 effective power at these power levels.
This is estimated data (utilizing the build formula).
2% would give about 210 power.

Each boon provides 2% damage (roughly 210 power increasing as overall power increases).
The difference in effective power of these builds, not including the dam from boons, is about 500. You would need 2 fully maintained boons and 1 that you can maintain 50 of the time for these builds to equalize. Any more than 3 makes the first more favorable.

Fury and Might can be permanently maintained.
Swiftness more than 50% of the time (10% boon duration, remember).
10% boon duration also makes all boons last longer which allows greater stacks of might, albeit little.

What do you guys think?
I think build 1 is better.

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Hi CookMETender, nice discussion with Phira on these 2 builds. IMO, I would go for 30/25/0/0/15 simply due to 1 reason.

I can use Axe Mastery and Slashing Power which benefit both Axe and GS. Of course Phira’s calculation point out differently which it would take build 1 to have 5 boons to even out the damage compared to build 2. For me, I would say both you and Phira to each of his own.

That amount of damage will not offset the benefit of having 10% GS damage and 10% Axe Crit damage. That’s the only reason.

Thank you to both you and Phira for these calculations. It made me see warrior build in a different light cheers.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Hi CookMETender, nice discussion with Phira on these 2 builds. IMO, I would go for 30/25/0/0/15 simply due to 1 reason.

I can use Axe Mastery and Slashing Power which benefit both Axe and GS. Of course Phira’s calculation point out differently which it would take build 1 to have 5 boons to even out the damage compared to build 2. For me, I would say both you and Phira to each of his own.

That amount of damage will not offset the benefit of having 10% GS damage and 10% Axe Crit damage. That’s the only reason.

Thank you to both you and Phira for these calculations. It made me see warrior build in a different light cheers.

Thank you for the comment
and I’m thankful for the discussion with Phira too.
Really helped me understand each build much better hehe

in Warrior

Posted by: Fourtyfives.6297

Fourtyfives.6297

If you choose to go with #1, I’d take 5 points from Arms and put them into discipline. I’ll do this entirely because I’d loathe being stuck with a rifle for 10 seconds. Fast hands is probably one of the most flexible traits warriors can get, not to mention how perfectly it fits thematically

and yes; I would trade 50 power, and 3% damage whenever endurance is not full for it (and 5% critdmg.)

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

If you choose to go with #1, I’d take 5 points from Arms and put them into discipline. I’ll do this entirely because I’d loathe being stuck with a rifle for 10 seconds. Fast hands is probably one of the most flexible traits warriors can get, not to mention how perfectly it fits thematically

and yes; I would trade 50 power, and 3% damage whenever endurance is not full for it (and 5% critdmg.)

That’s true when you use Rifle/GS. I believe the above 2 builds are sort of meta build for GC warrior.

We can modify slightly eg. 5 off here and there to fit to our weapon choice. GS/Axe/X would not benefit too much from 5 sec weapon swap because 100B have not cooldown yet.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

In my opinion, 20 in Discipline is a must for any Axe build. Sharpened Axes is just sooo much fun because it lets you spam Eviscerate to your heart’s content without gimping yourself.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I honestly don’t find Eviscerate useful in FoTM
I hate being down on crit and %dam for that long as well…
and I have to sacrifice other traits to get that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

You do gain some sweet Crit Damage from the Trait line though.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

You do gain some sweet Crit Damage from the Trait line though.

Yea, that’s true T__T

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

I can’t go 10 into discpline without feeling kitten that 5 more points gives fast hands =\
Been so used to switching weapons constantly that it feels wrong if the cooldown is more than 5 seconds T.T