Complaint Box

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

I’m tired of people coming to the warrior section and complain about us being OP in whatever. It’s annoying to find all these posts scattered throughout the warrior section.

So if you have a complain, please fill them in here, in the complaint box.

Because if we gather all the complains into one place… Us warriors can have a good laugh together in this huge topic about your misfortunes.

Regards,

-Typical Warrior

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Not going to work unless people start getting banned for making whine threads… too bad that is not going to happen.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

DontJudgeMe.3958

It’s not ment for them to stop. I’m pointing out that we laugh at their misfortune in battles against us, The Mighty Warriors of Tyria.

If they would just complain in this thread instead, we could have a nice read of all the complainers while laughing our butts off.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

It’s funny because they don’t know that anyone can buy more character slots and roll a warrior. lol
I did that, he is my 6th toon and it’s been great until now. But not as fun to play as engineer or elementalist.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

Not going to work unless people start getting banned for making whine threads… too bad that is not going to happen.

Another stupid warrior making a stupid comment, how surprising.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Well, tell me Mr. Smart Guy, why should you be allowed to spam the warrior forums with multiple threads about the exact same thing? One would be more than enough, I shouldn’t have to wade through tons of that crap every time I come to these forums.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

Well, tell me Mr. Smart Guy, why should you be allowed to spam the warrior forums with multiple threads about the exact same thing? One would be more than enough, I shouldn’t have to wade through tons of that crap every time I come to these forums.

I shouldn’t have to fight 5 tanky condi warriors every spvp match, so tell me exactly how warrior still needs buffs?

Iv’e actually gotten in a few games where almost the whole enemy team is just warriors.

Attachments:

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I shouldn’t have to fight 5 tanky condi warriors every spvp match, so tell me exactly how warrior still needs buffs?

Iv’e actually gotten in a few games where almost the whole enemy team is just warriors.

1. You’re playing 8v8 hot joins. You’re claim is invalid

2. I shouldnt have to fight 5 tanky condi necros. See a pattern?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

That’s because the warrior is the easiest class to play and thus is the class to go to if you don’t have much skill/experience in the game.

Healing signet healing for 400+ hp a sec says it all.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

But do you? No

That’s because the warrior is the easiest class to play and thus is the class to go to if you don’t have much skill/experience in the game.

So you can’t out DPS 400hp per sec? That says it all.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

If the ranger longbow doesn’t crit it hits about 600 dps, so yeah that’s a significant amount of damage reduced and because you have alot of CC you usually wont be taking damage every second.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

But do you? No

What because pressing one button to load up on tons of cover conditions autoattack ing with scepter and chain spamming fear then spreading all of the conditions with one more button is so hard?

Lyss The Shadow

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

But do you? No

If the ranger longbow doesn’t crit it hits about 600 dps, so yeah that’s a significant amount of damage reduced and because you have alot of CC you usually wont be taking damage every second.

So dont use longbow

Lyss The Shadow

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Ahh…you be me to it. Seriously though, poisons or a good stack of bleeds will make HS useless. Even vulnerability will do the job.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

GS auto attack does like 800 damage if it doesn’t crit that’s still a large amount of damage reduced.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

GS auto attack does like 800 damage if it doesn’t crit that’s still a large amount of damage reduced.

Im sorry but if youre sitting there spamming auto attacks and wondering why you can’t win youve failed at the game.

Lyss The Shadow

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Im sorry but if youre sitting there spamming auto attacks and wondering why you can’t win youve failed at the game.

So were making assumptions now are we? Well then i can assume that your skill level is pretty low and you cant play anything besides a warrior.

PS i have more than “1” keybound to my xbox controller.

Attachments:

(edited by Troll.4237)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

So were making assumptions now are we? Well then i can assume that your skill level is pretty low and you cant play anything besides a warrior.

Im not sure what youre trying to prove with that picture. Yeah you can use an Xbox controller for GW2. How relevant to the discussion. Im making assumptions based on the fact youre providing only autoattack numbers based on a worst case scenario. And actually if you bother looking at my post history youd see i play mesmer and engineer. I just hate when people cry how OP warrior is when its not hard at all to counter them if you have just a basic understanding of the game.

Lyss The Shadow

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Im not sure what youre trying to prove with that picture. Yeah you can use an Xbox controller for GW2. How relevant to the discussion. Im making assumptions based on the fact youre providing only autoattack numbers based on a worst case scenario. And actually if you bother looking at my post history youd see i play mesmer and engineer. I just hate when people cry how OP warrior is when its not hard at all to counter them if you have just a basic understanding of the game.

I was only using auto-attack as a comparison. From this you made the assumption that i play like alot of warriors do and just sit there, “11111111111”. I was showing that i have more than just “1” key-bound that much should be obvious.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

I was only using auto-attack as a comparison. From this you made the assumption that i play like alot of warriors do and just sit there, “11111111111”. I was showing that i have more than just “1” key-bound that much should be obvious.

Ok so lets have a little contest. I am only allowed to auto attack on the warrior weapon of your choice. You can use any skill you want, and well see who wins, just to prove how warriors are bad and just spam 111111111

Lyss The Shadow

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Ok so lets have a little contest. I am only allowed to auto attack on the warrior weapon of your choice. You can use any skill you want, and well see who wins, just to prove how warriors are bad and just spam 111111111

Thats not fair to call all Warriors bad. What if some of us play Warrior because… We like Warrior Archetypes Shock. Stop lumping us all together with the guys who rage quit their main and leveled a warrior. What get’s me is People always say “Warriors are simplistic.” Well what else would you want a warrior to be? Besides the Bow, we are pretty much built for Melee physical damage while being the toughest one out in the front line (besides Guardians anyway). Warrior’s don’t have any funky gimmicks like pet’s clones, stealth or boons. We are bar none the most down to earth class. We can take a beating, and return the beating as well. Where the devs messed up is that it is not a “Easy to learn, difficult to master class”, like in most other games. The Skillfloor and skill ceiling are to close to eachother which means almost every person but those most newbie to the game can pick up one and use it quite effectively. This seems to be a problem for Warrior’s in a lot of games, and I wish future games will learn from these mistakes. That’s my take on this whole thing with warriors anyway.

Gates of Madness

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

People are kitten ed because warriors are easily the best all-around class in the game. It doesn’t matter whether you want to play support, DPS, tank, power, condi, or in PvE, WvW, or sPvP, the warrior has builds for all of these roles and game modes that aren’t just decent, but exceptional. With so many shiny toys, is it really any wonder that other classes want to play in our sandbox, too?

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Thats not fair to call all Warriors bad. What if some of us play Warrior because… We like Warrior Archetypes Shock. Stop lumping us all together with the guys who rage quit their main and leveled a warrior. What get’s me is People always say “Warriors are simplistic.” Well what else would you want a warrior to be? Besides the Bow, we are pretty much built for Melee physical damage while being the toughest one out in the front line (besides Guardians anyway). Warrior’s don’t have any funky gimmicks like pet’s clones, stealth or boons. We are bar none the most down to earth class. We can take a beating, and return the beating as well. Where the devs messed up is that it is not a “Easy to learn, difficult to master class”, like in most other games. The Skillfloor and skill ceiling are to close to eachother which means almost every person but those most newbie to the game can pick up one and use it quite effectively. This seems to be a problem for Warrior’s in a lot of games, and I wish future games will learn from these mistakes. That’s my take on this whole thing with warriors anyway.

Did i say all warriors? I said a lot.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

People are kitten ed because warriors are easily the best all-around class in the game. It doesn’t matter whether you want to play support, DPS, tank, power, condi, or in PvE, WvW, or sPvP, the warrior has builds for all of these roles and game modes that aren’t just decent, but exceptional. With so many shiny toys, is it really any wonder that other classes want to play in our sandbox, too?

That is a problem with the other classes. Instead of spending their time in Warrior forums crying nerf everytime they get their kitten handed to them they should go back to their forum and ask Anet to fix what is wrong with their own profession.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

But do you? No

So dont use longbow

Did i say all warriors? I said a lot.

A lot is still more than I would like to hear, but better than all. My opinion still stands, however.

Gates of Madness

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

The problem as I see it is that the simplicity of the class, the “few” variations makes it hard to balance. While an Engineer for example has a kittenton of skills to choose from with kits and all that it will take a while to be very good at it, cause you need to learn more stuff. In order for the Warrior to be as good, its attacks and builds has to be stronger because there’s fewer skills and variations. The problem here though is that it’s simple to learn, and strong. So the very good warriors are on par with the other classes, while less good warriors are still good enough. The gap from decent to pro isn’t as big because it’s a simple class to learn to do okay with.

So, without judging anyone and reserving myself for mistakes I’d say that:

GOOD players, any class, doesn’t think Warrior is OP. Because it can be countered and butchered if you know how to.

WORSE players think that the Warrior is OP, because the skill cap on being good enough to beat 90% of the players in WvW with Warrior is very low. However the last 10% will take extra time to learn to kill, regardless what class you are.

Rangers are not included in this analysis, they should be buffed alot. Still every other class has the abilities to counter Warrior. There will always be different builds, for one build there is most of the time a counterbuild, thus being balanced. Exceptions here can be the Greatsword due to it’s ridiculous mobility, D/P thieves due to the sickening amount of stealth they can summon, and just reset the fight. These two are basically the same things. Too hard to get hold of. Warriors HS should not be nerfed but re-made. There’s too much passive healing, contributing to the low skillcap of the Warrior.

It’s extremely hard to raise a skillcap on a class that is supposed to be simple, while maintaining the skill cieling.

My 2 cents.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“I’m tired of people coming to the warrior section and complain about us being OP in whatever.”

How about warriors? Can warriors come to the warrior section and say that the class in OP? I’ve found the warrior to be the easiest to play and gives the most success with the least effort. It’s the class I play the most at the moment. Other classes need bringing up to this same standard as the warrior and the community should get used to that idea, most specifically for PvE.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Troll.4237

“I’m tired of people coming to the warrior section and complain about us being OP in whatever.”

How about warriors? Can warriors come to the warrior section and say that the class in OP? I’ve found the warrior to be the easiest to play and gives the most success with the least effort. It’s the class I play the most at the moment. Other classes need bringing up to this same standard as the warrior and the community should get used to that idea, most specifically for PvE.

That will never happen with Anet buffing and nerfing random things that nobody cares about.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Warrior is an easy class to play and you’re probably just not skilled enough to bring out the full potential (or half of?) of other classes, just saying.

Also, PvE balance is a non-factor as it’s never what causes all of the QQ warrior OP whine threads.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Warrior is an easy class to play and you’re probably just not skilled enough to bring out the full potential (or half of?) of other classes, just saying.”

Nope. Warrior is the class I’m least skilled at since I’ve had to rework my skills and builds on other classes while the warrior always kept on trucking. Maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just saying.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

“Warrior is an easy class to play and you’re probably just not skilled enough to bring out the full potential (or half of?) of other classes, just saying.”

Nope. Warrior is the class I’m least skilled at since I’ve had to rework my skills and builds on other classes while the warrior always kept on trucking. Maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just saying.

So you’re basically saying what I think. Warrior is not OP, it’s just easier to L2P.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

DontJudgeMe.3958

‘Warrior is easy’ ‘X is a hard to learn class’… These are invalid arguments.
As a Warrior I have seen dozens of Warriors who make me feel ashamed of them playing this class of mine. If you look at other classes, they got so many options compared to the warrior that saying that Warrior is an easy class to play is just invalid.
If you get beat up by a person who just rolled a warrior and is playing it in his first week, it’s not because Warrior is easy… It’s because you’re bad.
If something is easy to L2P, it is also easy to predict. An experienced player will know how to react to a warrior. And wtf is easy to learn anyway? All classes have the same amount of available buttons. If you’re telling me that you still can’t memorize what your class can do after a week, then I’m just going to pull out my GS stand still, press my number 2 and wait till you walk in it… Because apparently, you will.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

‘Warrior is easy’ ‘X is a hard to learn class’… These are invalid arguments.
As a Warrior I have seen dozens of Warriors who make me feel ashamed of them playing this class of mine. If you look at other classes, they got so many options compared to the warrior that saying that Warrior is an easy class to play is just invalid.
If you get beat up by a person who just rolled a warrior and is playing it in his first week, it’s not because Warrior is easy… It’s because you’re bad.
If something is easy to L2P, it is also easy to predict. An experienced player will know how to react to a warrior. And wtf is easy to learn anyway? All classes have the same amount of available buttons. If you’re telling me that you still can’t memorize what your class can do after a week, then I’m just going to pull out my GS stand still, press my number 2 and wait till you walk in it… Because apparently, you will.

Look at the bolded and consider:

Fewer variations – easier/doesn’t take as long to learn.

kittenton of variations – harder/takes longer to learn.

Still takes time to master the Warrior though, just as any class. To not be predictable is a good step to being awesome, and something vital playing a Warrior very good. Many people in WvW are kitten, it’s nothing new.

And FYI, all classes don’t have just as many buttons. Ele has 4×5+5 skills, 25 different buttons to use, engi has their kits and can use up to 37 skills if they equip 3 of them, Mesmer would have 18, thieves and warriors 17, guardians 18, rangers have their pet aswell, necro has lich form and death shroud. Reserved for miscalculations.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I’m sorry to say, but that post makes no sense. I’m saying you’re not going to ever be good enough to bring out the skill cap of most other classes, because you’re bad. Warrior is an easy class to pick up and learn. Easy mechanics, but it doesn’t mean you’ll ever be great with a warrior, either. Only that playing a warrior is more forgiving when you kitten up.

Contradict yourself much?

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I’m tired of people coming to the warrior section and complain about us being OP in whatever. It’s annoying to find all these posts scattered throughout the warrior section.

Because if we gather all the complains into one place… Us warriors can have a good laugh together in this huge topic about your misfortunes.

Regards,

-Typical Warrior

This is the funniest part of this entire thread.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: MaryJane.9045

MaryJane.9045

GUILD WARRIORS 2

I wonder how many warriors there will be on 3… everyone will probably have one as their first, its true

Love Jane* NSP <3

(edited by MaryJane.9045)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

Regards,

-Typical Warrior

I’ll take the bait. (I play an elementalist main so you understand where these come from)

• Healing signet 400 HP/Sec, Signet of restoration 200 HP per case (with after cast, most spells can’t even be cast 1 per second).
  • All of your 20% reduction skills come with a bonus (i.e. like 20% reduction on rifle/harpoon with pierce while rangers require a master trait that only gives pierce).
  • on the topic of crackshot, Eles 20% reduction to water magic cool down was moved to master because of balance (Devs think skill reductions are master level), Crackshot is adept…
  • mobility on Greatsword, 4 words: “Ride the lightning nerf” (Eles were nerfed into the ground because of our ability to disengage, we’ll see what happens with warrior mobility).
  • over 1000 additional “Free attribute points” (8000 HP = 800 vitality and armor 300 armor = 300 toughness) while maintaining comparable (or better) DPS, better control, and great mobility.

should I continue?

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Stop playing public spvp lobbies. That’s your main problem. Go play the solo queue or play team arenas with guildies or friends.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Travis the Terrible.4739

Regards,

-Typical Warrior

I’ll take the bait. (I play an elementalist main so you understand where these come from)

• Healing signet 400 HP/Sec, Signet of restoration 200 HP per case (with after cast, most spells can’t even be cast 1 per second).
  • All of your 20% reduction skills come with a bonus (i.e. like 20% reduction on rifle/harpoon with pierce while rangers require a master trait that only gives pierce).
  • on the topic of crackshot, Eles 20% reduction to water magic cool down was moved to master because of balance (Devs think skill reductions are master level), Crackshot is adept…
  • mobility on Greatsword, 4 words: “Ride the lightning nerf” (Eles were nerfed into the ground because of our ability to disengage, we’ll see what happens with warrior mobility).
  • over 1000 additional “Free attribute points” (8000 HP = 800 vitality and armor 300 armor = 300 toughness) while maintaining comparable (or better) DPS, better control, and great mobility.

should I continue?

Eles have water attunement and depending on if you’re using a staff, double dagger, or sceptor dagger you also have 2 skills that heal you and allies on those weapon sets in water, 3 if you’re using staff (the auto heals people in a 180 radius or something). On top of your healing skills. Oh and if you’re 20 in water or higher you can take cleansing wave which clears a condition and heals you some.

As for your free stats? Warrior has that health pool and armor for a reason they’re meant to be in the front-lines taking abuse. Your squishy ele? It has twice as many skills and 2 more heal skills.

Ride the lightning is a 20 second cooldown if you hit something (yes those poor little bunnies hopping around in wvw count), 40 if you don’t. A 16/32 second recharge with the trait. Crippling or chilling a warrior who is using GS 3 and 5 for movement also makes them move slower than if they were just walking.

20% recharge and piercing rounds on a rifle is still not going to make people use it when longbow burst is castable while moving and gives a fire combo field. Longbow offers far more utility than rifle brings to the table not to take longbow over a rifle except other than 200 range (which can be changed if traited). If they removed crackshot tomorrow I can tell you the majority of warrior players would tell you now “wait this was a trait?”

There are 2 sides to your coin sir. Now I will admit warriors are on the stronger side of the PvP match ups these days but hell go back a year warriors were complete and utter trash compared to every other class. The stuff you mentioned for warrior? Not even a factor. Let’s just forget the fact that greatsword was indirectly nerfed because of quickness being taken down to 50%, the immobolize on cripple trait being trampled upon nerfing every weapon to some degree other than mace, axe auto being nerfed and just recently hammer 4 and burst. The only real thing making warriors competitive is not healing signet. It’s the traits in the defensive tree cleansing ire and dogged march, adrenaline heals (a minor) which are giving warriors there staying power in fights with the 25 into defense being doubled in its effectiveness giving them a little extra power.

2 sides to every coin just keep that in mind.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

Regards,

-Typical Warrior

should I continue?

First off, you have to be joking me. An ele complaining over healing? Trololol. The fact that I got my butt handed to me by an Ele that I couldn’t get down below 90% hp while he’s critting 6.5ks says otherwise. Eles are not OP, despite this fact I’d like a buff on Eles, cuz I’ve only met 2 Eles with this build, and it’s basically the only build that can beat me. I want every class to have a wide variation of builds.

Secondly, over 1000 free attributes? What do you mean by this? Every class wears armor?

And FYI, the rifle is utterly kitten in WvW. And iirc Eles have not only one healing skill. You have water attunement, healing dodge and stuff like that no? If you are using healing signet on a warrior you have to give up your ONLY healing utility. Warriors adrenal health heals for 120 per 3 secs(?) with full adrenaline bar, and that’s full only for a few seconds each time.

This perspective is from WvW.

(edited by Gamgee.8612)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

DontJudgeMe.3958

should I continue?

You probably should because I’ll break this down for you.

You can’t compare a sustain for 2 different classes. Ele’s have access to a variety of boons which the warriors doesnt. Including 33% damage reduction. You’ve got mistform. It’s silly to compare your sustain with ours because you got to consider every other skill an ele has and compare them with ours as well and then figure out what could even it out. So this statement is removed from the table instantly. (I wont even begin about the amount of fields and barriers you have)

Greatsword increased power and cooldown reduction are still in different traitlines. I don’t remember when I saw someone using a rifle, that’s just silly. If you have so many different options to choose from, and they get a skill reduction as well, you could be spamming skills by placing your head on the keyboard. A warrior has a set amount of options available so the cooldown debate is completely different as well, you’ve got nothing to compare here unless we would receive new ‘actions’ if we pressed F1/F2 etc.

Last time I checked Ride the Lightning wasn’t affected by cripple. If you cripple a warrior his mobility on all greatsword skills is suddenly reduced to nothing but a small walk. Compared these 2 things is again, pointless and wrong since they have different mechanics attached to them.

We got more hp, so what? You got protection, misform, RTL, all those fields, you even got elemental weapons that looks more awesome than our weapons most of the time, have you seen the damage on fiery gs nr 4 skill? It’s ridiculous. You can’t simply state “Oh you have more hp and armor, we deserve that too.” No you don’t, your class has a whole different way of mitigating damage while the Warrior ends up being the sucker who has to absorb all the damage, chase people… because let’s face it, everyone tries to kite us, and then we have to somehow catch them and beat them up while they still have all the damage mitigation when we finally reach them.

So yes, please continue with your suggestions. As long as you simply compare skills that ‘look’ the same, you’ll always be wrong.
Have you ever fought against an Ele as a warrior? You guys play like cowards. You plant down AOE damage and keep on using ranged skills while we’re trying to chase you down with our melee wooden sticks. Keep that in mind when you try to think of your next comments about how anything that the ele has is close to a warrior, because it’s not.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

should I continue?

You can’t compare a sustain for 2 different classes. Ele’s have access to a variety of boons which the warriors doesnt. Including 33% damage reduction. You’ve got mistform. It’s silly to compare your sustain with ours because you got to consider every other skill an ele has and compare them with ours as well and then figure out what could even it out. So this statement is removed from the table instantly. (I wont even begin about the amount of fields and barriers you have)

Greatsword increased power and cooldown reduction are still in different traitlines. I don’t remember when I saw someone using a rifle, that’s just silly. If you have so many different options to choose from, and they get a skill reduction as well, you could be spamming skills by placing your head on the keyboard. A warrior has a set amount of options available so the cooldown debate is completely different as well, you’ve got nothing to compare here unless we would receive new ‘actions’ if we pressed F1/F2 etc.

Last time I checked Ride the Lightning wasn’t affected by cripple. If you cripple a warrior his mobility on all greatsword skills is suddenly reduced to nothing but a small walk. Compared these 2 things is again, pointless and wrong since they have different mechanics attached to them.

We got more hp, so what? You got protection, misform, RTL, all those fields, you even got elemental weapons that looks more awesome than our weapons most of the time, have you seen the damage on fiery gs nr 4 skill? It’s ridiculous. You can’t simply state “Oh you have more hp and armor, we deserve that too.” No you don’t, your class has a whole different way of mitigating damage while the Warrior ends up being the sucker who has to absorb all the damage, chase people… because let’s face it, everyone tries to kite us, and then we have to somehow catch them and beat them up while they still have all the damage mitigation when we finally reach them.

So yes, please continue with your suggestions. As long as you simply compare skills that ‘look’ the same, you’ll always be wrong.
Have you ever fought against an Ele as a warrior? You guys play like cowards. You plant down AOE damage and keep on using ranged skills while we’re trying to chase you down with our melee wooden sticks. Keep that in mind when you try to think of your next comments about how anything that the ele has is close to a warrior, because it’s not.

Lol OK then as a whole, in most situations, warrior>elementalist. There you go. Oh and instead of lusting after conjured weapons, just pick one up. Or build your own.

And no, I don’t play ele. Mostly guard/warrior/necro/engi/ranger.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

Stuff

should I continue?

More Stuff

• Yes, I think it is perfectly valid to compare sustains from two different classes. Ele’s have 2 heal skills on the staff, and one on the dagger. The others come from traits, much like the traits a warrior can take (and I know it hurts your DPS, it does not help the Eles either, but 20 – 30 water is pretty much mandatory on Eles).
  • as for boon access, this is mostly coming from another master trait in arcana. You guys do not need toughness since you have 1.5 to two times the health as an Ele (so it would effectively be better than permanent toughness against physical damage, and much better against conditions) by the way, no all Ele builds have access to protection, FYI.
  • Mist form, Really… 75 second cool down, 3 seconds of invulnerability? I am not even going to respond to that one. Maybe before the Mistform nerfs, but just no.
  • great sword cool down gives you might for every swing. Every one of you 20% cool down skills comes with something extra any other class would need to take another trait for (Elementalists require a grandmaster skill to give might with every attack).
  • You want options in your traits… go over to the Ele form and look at Ele options. Most traits are mandatory, so much so you probably did not realize they were not a class mechanic (switching attunements innately does nothing but switch weapons, no fury, no removing conditions in water, no heal in water, no boons, those all come from traits. Eles also have to balance the fact that a 20% cool down only counts for 1/4 of their skills, where it can easily be 1/2 of yours. Put another way, currently there is No possible way an Ele can have 20% cool down in every line.
  • RTL nerf should have made it affected by cripple, enough said.
  • more awesome looking weapons… really. I will admit, one of the best strengths of the Elementalist is the cooling looking skills. I could like with a patch that trades coolness of looking skills for an ele buff.
  • Conjurered weapons also completely destroy our class mechanic of attunement swapping, so would you like an ability that halved for health and reduced armor by 300? If they worked like kits then I would be a lot more willing to grant you conjured weapons, but it is obvious you haven’t used them.
  • Fiery great sword, the #4 and teleport combo is an exploit on a 40 second timer (100b can still do more damage over the same period of time). It will be patch soon don’t worry. It actually is a pretty good skill, mostly because it turns the ele into a warrior with a great sword (go ahead look at the skill coefficients on the Wiki). The one they did not give is 100b, because another class with an I win button wouldn’t be fair.
  • hiding in our AOE fields… right. Because our massive auto attacking DPS is going to kill anyone. I will tell you what, roll an ele, If you promise to sit in your fields, I promise to wade in and whack you, who do you think is going to die first?
  • You complain about being kited… There are a lot of warrior abilities to mitigate immobilization, cripple, conditions, and give a lot of stability uptime. If you are having trouble with that I suggest you rebuild.

Seriously, play an Elementalist until at least level 30. I have at least done the courtesy of rolling a warrior, before spouting off on mechanics.

hmmm I am running out of space on this post, and time before holiday travels. I will be back with some new imbalances in a few days.

Happy Holidays by the way.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

DontJudgeMe.3958

I never said I had trouble with it. I just said that it happens alot (kiting).

You still can’t compare the heals alone, you didn’t read it correctly. A warrior does not have all the options for the different kinds of boons/conditions like the ele has. It’s not my fault that you won’t use them in your setup or whatever, but the fact is. An ele has the potential to get more/different boons/conditions than a warrior. These help out no matter how you look at it.
Sure the extra hp/armor helps, but we’re a heavy class. You want more armor? Don’t play a light class. Because you are a light class you get the abilities/boons/conditions to mitigate damage if you time kitten right.
Toughness does not work for conditions.
I’m not talking about only pvp when I said something about your elemental weapons. Dungeons, Icebow, Fiery GS, hella OP. Don’t get me wrong, I love ele’s who know how/when to use them… But it makes bosses so much easier, you can burn them down in so much less time with these.
Fields and AOE/Ranged damage do matter. Because while the warrior is still trying to close the gap between the person who is kiting (and the kiter should be using chills by now which increases skill cooldowns) the kiter will be still dealing damage to the warrior because he is trying to reach his target. That is why we have stability sure, but chill, cripple aren’t negated by that. Yes we have traits that reduce the duration, but for that duration we are still a big target for anyone to hit. Which is fine, otherwise it would be too easy.
Every weapon of an ele has apart from the standard 1~5 skills another 3 elements attached to it. Your skills (without traits) have much more potential than our (if you count both weaponsets) 10 max skills. So ofcourse our traits will have additional effects while yours should have less. What, you want to tell me that apart from having 10 more abilities you want them to do even more stuff for you as well? Now that sounds unfair to me, right?
Mistform might have a long cooldown, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a great skill if used correctly. (warrior stances are kinda long too, not that long, but it’s still a skill with a long cooldown on it and these stances have to be combined to get the same effect, we would need Endure pain (no damage) + Balance stance (stability) + Berserker stance(no conditions) Because if you look at it, nothing can be done to an ele in mistform, so don’t complain with your 1 skill having 15 seconds more cooldown than our stances) And this is a perfect example why you shouldn’t compare skills that look alike. You have 1 skill that does what 3 of our skills do combined?

Happy Holidays and try again mister ele

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

The question is, as a whole, do you believe all classes are on equal footing?

Personally I believe they are pretty close, and closer now than they have been. Many classes have at least 1 or 2 viable builds in various areas of the game. I will concede that wars tend to have a plethora of viable and easy options right now, especially compared to a few of the ‘left behind’ classes. Keep in mind being ‘op’ in this game tends to be much more subtle than in many others due in no small part to player skill. Any class can defeat a warrior, but that does not indicate that war is not op any more than wars being able to defeat any other class would indicate the opposite.

The big question, I believe, is what is the warrior classes inherent weakness? All classes were created with at least one. Warriors, as stated in the class balance philosophy, were specifically supposed to have difficulty with enemy boons and with clearing conditions. Are these factors still true, or have they changed?

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Travis the Terrible.4739

and with clearing conditions. Are these factors still true, or have they changed?

Cleansing Ire is a must for helping to clean conditions off you. Keeping conditions to a minimum with this trait is actually pretty easily done.

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Just here to see what troubles the Warrior profession has compared to other professions and the most important thing in post #1 is: “Don’t come here to complain about Warrior.”
You are indeed blessed by ArenaNet.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

and with clearing conditions. Are these factors still true, or have they changed?

Cleansing Ire is a must for helping to clean conditions off you. Keeping conditions to a minimum with this trait is actually pretty easily done.

I’m starting to play without cleansing Ire. I’m using Signet of Stamina and Berserker Stance. It works, and now I can drop the Longbow.

(actually, I made a build that is even easier than hambow, but stronger, IMHO. I feel okay playing it only because it’s my build that I made from scratch.)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Plz change pvp to rng encounters leik every time i attack ppl we do rock – paper – scissors.

Now that we’re on an even level;
Just change those RNG encounters to nerf rock, paper is fine.
Sincerely, ~Scissors

To be very fair this game is not balanced in my opinion. I doubt it will improve much either. To improve the game balance warriors will have to compromise, but it is not as black- and white as nerfing them. Warriors are relatively balanced, correct? So if you want a balanced game, relatively worse professions will have to get buffed to be on par with the warrior, thus decreasing the warrior’s relative strength.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

Complaint Box

in Warrior

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

In my opinion the cheesy GS runner regen build gives the warriors a bad name.
I know a lotta skilled warriors who play their class very well, but are underestimated due to the sheer number of warriors that use the previously mentioned build and just spam their greatsword auto attacks and don’t require any amount of skill to play.

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel