Condi Berserker crazy high DPS

in Warrior

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

A video chevs posted of what the DPS looks like in a group setting: http://www.twitch.tv/chevsya/v/24483076

So I’ve been testing the DPS of a lot of different classes and builds. I thought condi Berserker was rather mediocre from beta but I went back and tried it for fun and realized that it has the highest DPS of anything I have seen with a simple longbow camp rotation.

Basically do as follows:
Tactics – Empowered, Burning Arrows, Whatever
Arms – Berserker’s Fury, Deep Strike, Furious
Berserker – Smash Brawler, Blood Reaction, King of Fires
Sigil of Bursting/Earth
Some combination of Berserker/Balthazar/Flame Legion rune, Viper gear and food to hit 100% burning duration. More Viper also means more bleed duration. Probably an optimal setup but from testing so far they all do stupid damage. Make sure all your gear is Viper/Sinister/Carrion.
Signet of Rage/Headbutt + Shattering Blow + Whatever

Rotation

Scorched Earth > Pin Down > Shattering Blow > Fan of Flames > Dual Shot

Those are priorities. Basically do the first one and if it’s on CD go to next until something higher priority comes off CD. Try to position Scorched Earth so that multiple hitboxes overlap whatever you are attacking. Do stupid high damage and enjoy.

Disclaimer: This is more effective in prolonged fights against targets that are not incredibly mobile.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

Try using Discipline over Tactics.. you’ll be surprised.. =p You’ll go something like..

Berserk mode > Primal Burst > Swap > Primal Burst > Primal Burst > Swap Primal Burst > Berserk mode expires.. (Use a weapon skill or Ourtrage in between when lacking adrenaline to continue the rotation.. it will only take 1 =p)

This can only be done by condition builds, power builds are unable to do this.. =D

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

Try using Discipline over Tactics.. you’ll be surprised.. =p You’ll go something like..

Berserk mode > Primal Burst > Swap > Primal Burst > Primal Burst > Swap Primal Burst > Berserk mode expires.. (Use a weapon skill or Ourtrage in between when lacking adrenaline to continue the rotation.. it will only take 1 =p)

This can only be done by condition builds, power builds are unable to do this.. =D

From my testing it seems like Longbow purely outperforms all other weapons just camping it. There’s no reason to ever weapon swap. Tactics gives burn on Longbow auto plus Longbow recharge. I’ll give discipline a shot though because it does have burst recharge and quickness.

Edit: It looks like Discipline does less damage than Tactics but it’s still insanely high. it seems like most of the damage is coming from the extra Scorched Earth during Berserk so Discipline would probably be optimal on enemies with large hitboxes where you could get 3+ boxes on them.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

cant agree with camping longbow. Yes I tried it. the multiple hit boxes is situational.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

cant agree with camping longbow. Yes I tried it. the multiple hit boxes is situational.

Is anything else higher than one hitbox?

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

LB s/t let’s u pull off 4 burst per bezerker phase. Plus sword is better at building adrenaline and torch has some nice burn

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Not true.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chevs.3901

Chevs.3901

So i’ve been testing with condi warrior for the last couple days. I run full viper and berserker runes. On weapons 20% burning and bleeding infliction sigils (maybe malice is better then bleeding sigil).

I think LB + sword / torch is almost as equal dmg compared to just LB camping. With LB + sword / torch you can go for quickness 100% uptime under 50% health bar opponent. This probably pulls ahead of LB camping. But let’s say when you have a mesmer that is providing alacrity and quickness for you i think LB camping is better.

With the berserker trait Smash brawler and Alacrity your berserk mode only has 5sec cooldown. I managed to do 5 Sorched earth in 1 berserk with a bit of alacrity! If you have full alacrity in the whole berserk time you can land 6 if you are a keyboard hero.

With LB camping you can also run with 2 banners, Elite banner and phalanx strength. Where if you run with Elite banner and utility banners (Discipline and Strength) on LB + sword / torch you lose out on head butt and outrage (assuming your first utility skill pick is shattering blow) what’s quite a dps loss.

I feel like with LB + sword / torch your dmg isn’t that consistent because you have quite a big down time on dmg while berserk is off. With just LB camping this isn’t really the case because of spamming 1.

My rotation:
http://www.twitch.tv/chevsya/v/24483076. LB spam haha. Almost 22k burning.

Any thoughts or feedback would be nice.

Either way Condi warrior is very strong!

(edited by Chevs.3901)

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Yep thats my opinion too. Sword/Torch has nearly no benefit. For the danger in melee combat and a weapon swap the usage is nearly zero.
In PvP the Leap and cripple can be useful but in PvE the sword is not good enough and with a bad condition mainhand the torch is useless too.

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

Not true.

Actually it is true for some reason using when using a power build, Primal Burst spamming isn’t as fluid as it is on a condition build partly because of the Adrenaline gain, more often than not you can’t Primal Burst on swap..

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Really interesting. can you make one pvp build at gw2skills.net?
if so, thx really!

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That what me and my friends came up with for pve.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAtkidfA2eAElillA7IAsAmZKZhQXT492+bLuA-TRCBQBOU9nsZBR1U+5sTBwW2Pwf6DAwDAQDHBA1oEkUAwssC-e

You get 100% condition duration with both bleed and burn. Here what we tested and our conclusions. We started with Bezerker and Arms trait lines.

1) Sword/Torch and Bow are the two best weapons set we could come up with.

2) If you gonna camp one or the other Sword/Torch is usually better than Bow. Bow F2 give a better burst of burning, but Sword/Torch can keep a decent burning while keeping high amount of bleed. Also traits give you more condition damage while using a torch.

3) Smash Brawler vs Last Blaze : Last blaze gonna give you a perma 1.4 burning, while Flaming Flurry give you 8 stack of burning for 4sec. Even with the long cast time, it’s gonna be one of your main dps skill and reducing it’s cooldown will be important. Not counting the more you can pass in bezerker mode the better it is. Adrenaline won’t really be a problem here.

4) Opportunist + Deep Strike or Berzerker’s Fuy + Deep Strike :

First of all Berzerker’s Fury adrenaline is worth nothing. While in beserker mode adrenaline isn’t a problem, the first time you go into berserker you use headbutt and the second time you gonna wait after the CD, not the adrenaline. So here the focus is on the fury production to keep up Deep Strike. Berzerker’s fury will give you 50% uptime when there is trash to kill, but almost nothing against boss. You should start a fight with pin down for a very long 6 bleed so the immobilize will give you a 10sec of fury to start your burst with Opportunist, which will be better when there is no trash to kill.

5) Discipline or Tactics : Tactics give you a better dps on your bow and Empowered for better direct damage. But Discipline give you so much Adrenaline (it’s the reason the adrenaline of Bereserker’s Fury is not worth it). But it also reduce cooldown on your brust skills (including your primal skill). Smash Brawler + Versatile Power give you almost a 50% less CD of your Flaming Furry. Fast Hand allow you two things. You only need 1 sigil of geomancy on your bow and can take another sigil your main weapon set and it also allow you to stay less time on your bow for a burst. I think that Discipline is a better option, but better testing would be necessary.

6) Rune of the Nighmare vs of the Beserker. Nightmare will allow you to reach 100% condi duration on both Bleed and Burn, while you gonna reach 95% with beserker rune and sigil of malice. In the end, Nightmare will have an advantage in condition dps, while beserker will have an advantage in direct damage. What choice will be the best total dps? It would need better testing. I took nightmare because the build was mostly for high level fractal where condition is so important.

7) Sigil of Accuracy? I’m not sure about this one. But with Fast hand I only need 1 sigil of Geomancy. Already at 100% condi duration for bleed and buring I don’t need a condition duration sigil. This leave us with Sigil of bursting and something else for the second sigil. Accuracy seemed the best option, but I could be wrong.

I’m waiting for Anet to fix Viper gear to make some testing in PvE and make some fine tuning. I’m sure me and my friend did some mistake here so what do you think would be better?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Paulash.5814

Paulash.5814

Does the condi build out-dps a full zerker warrior with Strength, Arms, and Discipline using Gs +Axe/Mace?

in Warrior

Chevs.3901

I’ve been playing just longbow with only Torch 4 and 5 with opener. You can see the dmg here: http://www.twitch.tv/chevsya/v/24483076. I haven’t seen any build with weapon swap to sword + torch that will beat it.

Because you only use longbow you don’t need the 100% duration on bleeds and you can grab instead of agony sigil you can take a bursting sigil what gives more condi damage. Geomancy won’t work because you don’t swap weapons at all.

Currently i have 99.73% burning duration and 3/6 sinister 3/6 viper. Trinkets sinister and weapons viper. Bleeding is 79.73% but that doens’t matter too much because it’s not great damage either way compared to burning.

I personally don’t see a reason why to play sword + torch / lb instead of lb camping. LB camping is always ranged and puts out more condi dmg.

@Paulash. Condi damage and full zeker warrior shine in different moments so it will depend on what you play. Longer fights probably condi. Shorter fight full zerker warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

Agree with op, Tactics/Arms/Berserker, camp Longbow. Discipline doesn’t work well since you can’t really take advantage of the weapon swapping and lower burst cd., you just want to camp Longbow, so you want the longbow trait in Tactics. Tactics also has better group utility (shout heals or phalanx strength).

The sword primal burst isn’t great because it doesn’t put bursts on CD until the long channel is over. Just keep something like Mace/Shield on swap for defensive utility, and breaking break bars with the Mace primal burst and shield stun.

Signet of Fury, FGJ (fury uptime, switch with another banner if you don’t need it), Banner of Strength, Signet of Rage

Pop Signet of Rage, get into combat, pop Signet of Fury to max Adrenaline, go ham in Berserker with OP’s rotation.

Even if you only hit with a single Scorched Earth hitbox, its more damage than GS/axe or Berserk GS. If you hit with two then the dps is almost double, and if even more the dps is silly.

Since you’re running tactics, you actually can use Phalanx strength if you want to stack might for the team. You won’t keep up 25 stacks like a GS warrior, but between your fire fields and FGJ/Signet of Rage its something.

(edited by Jephery.8915)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Sorry to say but thats the third different video Ive seen showing me a indistuctable golem lined up perfectly so that the Longbow hitboxes over lap as a justification for someones opinion on this board.

Do you ever stop and think for one second thats not going to happen all the time or even most the time in practice in open world since enimies move and 2ndly that it could be bug.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

Sorry to say but thats the third different video Ive seen showing me a indistuctable golem lined up perfectly so that the Longbow hitboxes over lap as a justification for someones opinion on this board.

Do you ever stop and think for one second thats not going to happen all the time or even most the time in practice in open world since enimies move and 2ndly that it could be bug.

BurnBow is still higher dps than Berserker GS or GS/Axe even if you hit with only one hitbox from my testing.

Getting more than one hitting just makes it skyrocket over GS.

(edited by Jephery.8915)

in Warrior

Chevs.3901

What i linked is the perfect situation. Even if it isn’t a perfect situation the sword / torch + lb swapping is not even remotely close. My view on this topic is on raids. Not on open world. In raids you can expect where a boss will move so you can even line up the firefields on f1 longbow in that path.

If you don’t agree with longbow being better then that’s your own choice but i’ve looked at both perfect situations and not perfect situations and both times longbow camping was better.

If you have any proof it’s not please share because i would love to see this.

I won’t be surprised if we see condi warriors is raid setups.

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

I’ve been playing just longbow with only Torch 4 and 5 with opener. You can see the dmg here: http://www.twitch.tv/chevsya/v/24483076. I haven’t seen any build with weapon swap to sword + torch that will beat it.

Because you only use longbow you don’t need the 100% duration on bleeds and you can grab instead of agony sigil you can take a bursting sigil what gives more condi damage. Geomancy won’t work because you don’t swap weapons at all.

Thanks for showing off how ridiculous this will be in group play. It really is all about your condi CDs and how fast you can get them off so that alacrity is quite something.

It’s more useful for open world bosses/champs and raids. Maybe dungeons/fractals if you have someone else tanking you can go into the berserk rotation quickly with headbutt.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

eXruina.4956

Well its truly a question if you can make the burn hit boxes overlap and what kind of enemies you’re facing.. it doesn’t work on all enemies just the big and immobile ones.. granted there are a lot of those in the game I’m not about to contest the viability of its damage output.

But keep in mind, against smaller and mobile enemies (they don’t even have to be extremely mobile they just have to move) that don’t sit in those overlapping hit boxes we all know what the results would be.. Also we have no idea yet if this will be changed in the future.. Also against more realistic encounters switching between weapons gives out better damage than camping longbow, even when its traited.

Its just people are happy hitting sitting, ducks like that poor poor target golem, and watching big numbers fly around.. can’t blame em.. I like big numbers as much as anybody.. =p

“Does the condi build out-dps a full zerker warrior with Strength, Arms, and Discipline using Gs +Axe/Mace?”

Strength, Arms, Discipline is outdated, try Strength, Discipline, Berserker the output is far superior, and no if whatever it is you’re hitting sits in those overlapping fire fields probably not..

“Really interesting. can you make one pvp build at gw2skills.net?
if so, thx really!”

You won’t get numbers like that in PvP.. unless you’re fighting target golem tier opponents, you ain’t hitting with those overlapping hit boxes, heck you’ll have trouble getting them to stay in just 1 and you’d be glad if they did.. =p

Remember it still takes time to stack that adrenaline and time to stack that burning, and again.. more time for the burnng to tick down, meanwhile unlike Warrior a lot of other classes out there have reliable condition clear on low cooldowns while having better sustained healing.. meanwhile.. you gotta worry about dying too. =p

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Posted by: Szeraf.5781

Szeraf.5781

LB s/t let’s u pull off 4 burst per bezerker phase. Plus sword is better at building adrenaline and torch has some nice burn

This. Start off S/T and when you can Zerk go Longbow. You only get out if you run out os adrenalin compleatly or for single target focus.