Condition Warrior?

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkael.7140

Arkael.7140

My favorite weapons for my warrior so far (only level 15ish) are dual swords and longbow. Is there a build that works well with those weapons?

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinz.4082

Shinz.4082

Dontain posted a pretty cool looking condition warrior build a few days ago. Heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6SAPzcn2jc

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Good to see another condition warrior! here is one ive been working on.
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8|c.1o.h16.c.1o.h1c|4.1o.h2|1n.a3.1n.a3.1n.a3.1n.a3.1n.a3.1n.a3|1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62|k28.u387.k12.0.0|0.0|e
still not settled on runes for the armor, but this build is fully functional and a LOT of fun to play.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Condition warrior is not viable.
Just go Necromancer.

It’s nowhere as powerful as it was in Guild Wars 1 where a semi-focused condition/deep wound build could be brutal.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

BoogerSammich.7189

Just go Necromancer.

Also, ignore this.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Also, ignore this.

Nah the guy has a point.
To be “viable” even a shout healing wammo with no healing power is “viable”.
But ultimately a pure condition build isn’t going to match the DPS of a raw damage one with the current state of conditions in PvE given the low dmg of conditions and stack limit, even more so in PvP when you factor in condition removal.
Your average direct damage Warrior is sitting on 8k DPS, condition Warrior even with mightstacking reaches half that amount.

It’s viable, but it makes you half a DPS Warrior sadly.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

The only way I could make condition build work was to make it support/condition with boon duration. I made a guide on it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Boon-Guide-Universal-Build/first#post1244240

Later on though, I lost interest in pursuing this path because of how hard it was to apply conditions with warrior atm. I find using direct damage to be more viable in many ways. Albeit that condition dmg i was outputting was great (1750+ condition power) and decent physical dmg (60% crit chance with 3k attack no crit dmg still hit decent) I felt that the need for different condition types are necessary (only bleed/burn while engi can cast 4+ different conditions almost at once with dual pistols). It was a fun build though.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

i’m also a duel wielding sword warrior, I love condition damage as much as the next but you also gotta look at the low point. its good solo but the min you try to join in with others who also use bleeds you’ll find yourself luck to get 1/3 of your usual bleeds out. which can effect your dps big. my advise, don’t plow in only condition stats, find a good balance of direct and condition.

also don’t be afraid to be pure conditions if thats what you like, anything works in this game so play as you want and not how others expect you too.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Just go Necromancer.

Also, ignore this.

Ignore the “Also, ignore this.” comment

Also, ignore this.

Nah the guy has a point.
To be “viable” even a shout healing wammo with no healing power is “viable”.
But ultimately a pure condition build isn’t going to match the DPS of a raw damage one with the current state of conditions in PvE given the low dmg of conditions and stack limit, even more so in PvP when you factor in condition removal.
Your average direct damage Warrior is sitting on 8k DPS, condition Warrior even with mightstacking reaches half that amount.

It’s viable, but it makes you half a DPS Warrior sadly.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, thanks Red Falcon.
Condition warrior is “viable” depending on how you define that… but as Red FAlcon states… it REALLY cuts into your DPS.

A noob with any decent warrior build could out dps you T_T

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Amargein.1569

Amargein.1569

Warriors are not necessarily worse than other classes at conditions because of the sheer amount of long bleeds they can dish out regularly. You do not need other sources of condition damage beside bleeds because they stack. Only if you are regularly maxing out your bleed stacks do you require other means to apply your condition damage.

Poison is a hair under 2 bleed stacks’ worth of damage. Anything that poisons would be outperformed by 2 stacks of bleeding or one stack of twice as long. It has a healing debuff which is probably the real reason to use poison, unless you can get it for very cheap on top of other condition damage.

Burning is better, but still can be approximated by extra bleed stacks. A burn does scaling damage equal to 5 bleed stacks and flat damage equal to about 8 bleed stacks, so in a condition-damage-heavy build it is worth about 6.5 bleed stacks.

Consider that a warrior can easily (10 trait points that also give 100 condition damage) give 2 stacks of 18 seconds of bleeding on a quick auto-attack chain along with not the worst power scaling. This can be pretty easily stretched out to 24 seconds with runes or extra trait points. The warrior can also proc 3-5 second bleeds off of crits, and burst for 12 stacks of short bleeds for extra unmitigated spike damage.

Off-hand sword also gives 8 stacks of lengthy bleeds and a high power-scaling attack (on a long cooldown).

Without quantifiable numbers about “real” dps, it’s hard to say whether condition damage or regular damage scale better on a warrior in a vacuum, but I imagine they’re fairly close because of the way they work: per unit time, power probably scales by about 33% to 50% (weapon damage divided by armor), but bleed damage scales off of condition damage by 5% to 75%, poison by 10%, burning by 25%.

Confusion is another animal that seems too difficult to judge for me in PvE.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Condition warrior is very very very very very bad for PvP
only 1 type of range bleed (unless you are using a rifle, but in that case why the hell are you doing condition damage?)
and the rest of the bleeds are melee range, leaps only help so much against kiting.
Unless the enemy is going to stand still and you two just wail away at each other.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Warriors are not necessarily worse than other classes at conditions because of the sheer amount of long bleeds they can dish out regularly. You do not need other sources of condition damage beside bleeds because they stack. Only if you are regularly maxing out your bleed stacks do you require other means to apply your condition damage.

Poison is a hair under 2 bleed stacks’ worth of damage. Anything that poisons would be outperformed by 2 stacks of bleeding or one stack of twice as long. It has a healing debuff which is probably the real reason to use poison, unless you can get it for very cheap on top of other condition damage.

Burning is better, but still can be approximated by extra bleed stacks. A burn does scaling damage equal to 5 bleed stacks and flat damage equal to about 8 bleed stacks, so in a condition-damage-heavy build it is worth about 6.5 bleed stacks.

Consider that a warrior can easily (10 trait points that also give 100 condition damage) give 2 stacks of 18 seconds of bleeding on a quick auto-attack chain along with not the worst power scaling. This can be pretty easily stretched out to 24 seconds with runes or extra trait points. The warrior can also proc 3-5 second bleeds off of crits, and burst for 12 stacks of short bleeds for extra unmitigated spike damage.

Off-hand sword also gives 8 stacks of lengthy bleeds and a high power-scaling attack (on a long cooldown).

Without quantifiable numbers about “real” dps, it’s hard to say whether condition damage or regular damage scale better on a warrior in a vacuum, but I imagine they’re fairly close because of the way they work: per unit time, power probably scales by about 33% to 50% (weapon damage divided by armor), but bleed damage scales off of condition damage by 5% to 75%, poison by 10%, burning by 25%.

Confusion is another animal that seems too difficult to judge for me in PvE.

You don’t need quantifiable numbers honestly.
Put together and build focused on “regular attacks” as you state it and use any decent gear.
Then, put together the most expensive, effective set of gear to go condition warrior.

The “regular attack” warrior will win.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

BoogerSammich.7189

Put together and build focused on “regular attacks” as you state it and use any decent gear.
Then, put together the most expensive, effective set of gear to go condition warrior.

I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean straight “percieved DPS” then yes, the DPS warrior SHOULD “win” (whatever that means). If the DPS warrior doesn’t deal more direct damage than the condition warrior, you’re doin it wrong. But the DPS warrior should ALWAYS deal more direct damage than any other style of warrior. But that doesn’t mean the zerk warrior “wins” anything. it just means that your build is doing what it’s supposed to do, kudos.
If zerk is your preferred build and playstyle that’s cool. i imagine your warrior is VERY effective at dealing out damage and I would welcome you to a group any time. But to say that any other build or playstyle isn’t viable is not only short-sighted, but it’s just silly. I am by no means a “pro” player and my builds could use improvement constantly. But i have played zerk warrior, support warrior, condition warrior… i even have an 80 necro ill mention just for reference. I have played all of these styles in just about any group configuration that i can imagine and the one thing that i’ve learned? if your build is decent, and you play to your build, then not only are you “viable” but you can be quite an asset.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

I created a build that utilizes rifle bleeds and is basically a shout warrior.

It’s the 20-20-0-30-0 build, runes are 5 krait and 1 undead.

Now, it’s 80% uptime for bleed, with a stack of 14 in near or less than 1-2 seconds, and the bleeds never drop off unless it’s purged off. Now, the mobs and such will bleed like water out a faucet, anywhere from 78-115 per tick. Depending on what you are fighting, I’ve watched bosses taking ticks of 115-150 constant during the uptime of bleed.

However, if I switch traits to slashing and forceful greatsword, things die faster, and it’s easier to farm on mobs in Orr, or anywhere tbh. Ranged is no where near where melee is currently, and even though my krait runes and the undead rune were extremely cheap, I’m going to be going back to ogre runes or soldier runes when I get my cash built back up.

Me and another guildie of mine were trying to see if we could get this support shout warrior to be able to provide condition damage through the rifle’s bleed. Although I feel we were successful, it will hamper a group without that GS. With power runes and crit thrown in, the damage is way, way, way more than ranged. Heck, I notice a difference in the current build whenever I switch to the GS from Rifle.

I think for the warrior, the player is better off going power, crit, or a mix of both. Trying to utitilize bleeds or condition damage just isn’t on par with melee power at all.

My numbers are better with my rifle on with this build, but applying this in action just does not work nearly as good as the GS or melee in general. I’m not saying anything is OP, just from what I’ve tested on my own, melee is just far and above over ranged at the current state right now.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

In fact, condition warrior is unseen and not as effective as rough axe power/prec warrior. However, the good point of condi warrior can be that we stack up our bleeds very fast. I run myself a very hybrid build dealing most of damage via bleeds from sword mh, and I often keep over 20 stacks of bleeds, and usually not going under 12 with only basic attacks. My build is 0/20/20/30/0, with banners healing. It has good toughness (almost 3300), nice ticks from banner regen (about 170/180 tick), and even better extreme regen for all party from dwayna runes (360 tick every sec+180 from banners= 540 hp/sec for whole party/raid). Condi damage is about 85-90, which I find nice due to the jack-of-all-tradeiness of build. I use rabid gear, with mix of Knight stat jewelery/Rabid stat jewelery with some little Heal power boosts fromsword(Jormag’s), and shield. I find this build good, providing good support and damage for group and looking foward for some condi buffs for PvE (those objects, pff). Hope we will get some love in this aspect

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean straight “percieved DPS” then yes, the DPS warrior SHOULD “win” (whatever that means). If the DPS warrior doesn’t deal more direct damage than the condition warrior, you’re doin it wrong. But the DPS warrior should ALWAYS deal more direct damage than any other style of warrior. But that doesn’t mean the zerk warrior “wins” anything. it just means that your build is doing what it’s supposed to do, kudos.
If zerk is your preferred build and playstyle that’s cool. i imagine your warrior is VERY effective at dealing out damage and I would welcome you to a group any time. But to say that any other build or playstyle isn’t viable is not only short-sighted, but it’s just silly. I am by no means a “pro” player and my builds could use improvement constantly. But i have played zerk warrior, support warrior, condition warrior… i even have an 80 necro ill mention just for reference. I have played all of these styles in just about any group configuration that i can imagine and the one thing that i’ve learned? if your build is decent, and you play to your build, then not only are you “viable” but you can be quite an asset.

I guess it all depends on your definition of viable, and what exactly the job of the warrior is. Also, to call every build viable is “silly” as well.

First, I would define viable as capable of doing the warrior’s damage.
I would define the job of a warrior as dishing out the most damage possible while surviving (unless you are given another role that the party needs).

A condition warriors falls way behind in terms of DPS. Sure, you can argue about properly played, but if you a properly played superior build will outdo a properly played inferior build. Condition is simply inferior.

I loved being a condition warrior in Guild Wars 2. It was able to do just enough and apply enough pressure to be considered “viable.”
The case is not so with GW2.

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

i have played zerk warrior, support warrior, condition warrior… i even have an 80 necro ill mention just for reference. I have played all of these styles in just about any group configuration that i can imagine and the one thing that i’ve learned? if your build is decent, and you play to your build, then not only are you “viable” but you can be quite an asset.

+1

It’s ridiculous how narrow-sighted people get when it comes to choice of build/equip. Sure there are popular established builds that work well in certain scenarios, however this does not automatically rule out all other builds.

Example: Running full zerk in CoF 4Warr/1Mezm – tried it, died a bunch, as did the other Warriors. Also tried running with some Knight’s in there, suddenly don’t die much at all. Yet still it’s /gearcheck upon recruitment to make sure everybody’s running full zerk?

AC: I turn up with a rifle and get flamed because melee has higher dps. kitten? I currently play GS, but tbh I don’t see it as being all that superior to rifle. My time firing on target was higher than when I’m melee, dodging and whirling about and running after the boss. Auto-attack, Volley & Killshot hit every time, 100B doesn’t. With Rifle I often managed to reach dungeon-endboss without dieing (and losing 25 Bloodlust), with GS – less so.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Dontain posted a pretty cool looking condition warrior build a few days ago. Heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6SAPzcn2jc

I’m so going to try this build. It looks like it synergizes well with fast hands and how fast he builds up adrenaline for that arrow burst shot. Giving 6 stacks of might to your party is pretty good too, and he crits so much for that omnomberry ghosts to proc the life steal.

[Agg] ression

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Condition warrior certainly has a place but the main issue is with the hard cap of 25 bleeds competing with other classes for the same slot. If you had you’re own condition slots in PvE ( let me stress this ) then it would obviously bring more to the group dependant on composition. As others have stated if you ENJOY what you play and the spec drives you become a better player then I see no downside to it at all.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

Condition Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Barzah.8019

Barzah.8019

The reason why Condition War isn’t viable as other class such as necro is because of only 1 Dot Source which is bleed, while necro has several which help them for both dps and quite hard to cleanse. Right now condition war isn’t that good for both pvp, and Gpve (your bleed stack with other….sigh), try maining axe instead.