Condition Warrior PVE DPS Video Guide

in Warrior

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Use these 5 simple abilities to do more damage than any other class/build.

Sorry that my mic is hypersensitive.

http://www.twitch.tv/kaelran/v/25000438

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

Posted by: Chevs.3901

Chevs.3901

Eyy. I made a quick link for the condi build. You can check it out. Thanks for putting my link in your description.

http://pastebin.com/xT91hEAp

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

There was another topic about this a few days ago. Your vid seems alright, although the build is not optimized.

And no, this does not do more dmg then other classes/builds. We can’t touch elementalists ever, but even warrior has a better DPS build, especially now that Berserker has gotten some pretty crazy melee damage buffs. I believe something like this is optimal for warrior now;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3Zj8cQfHW7BefAnIWKCMjBwDIAkEE+BPv3hby95C-T1RBABUcRAuS5HN7PgnuBAeCAUq+jZKBDAcA87v5bfDWe5lXe5l73f/93f/tUARM0C-w

DPS is higher, group utility way better. And I am not very well informed on PvE, so there are most likely way more optimised versions of this build already.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Sorry mate, while I see some decent DPS there, I don’t see that “more damage than any other class/build”.

in Warrior

Posted by: Samurro.1463

Samurro.1463

There was another topic about this a few days ago. Your vid seems alright, although the build is not optimized.

And no, this does not do more dmg then other classes/builds. We can’t touch elementalists ever, but even warrior has a better DPS build, especially now that Berserker has gotten some pretty crazy melee damage buffs. I believe something like this is optimal for warrior now;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3Zj8cQfHW7BefAnIWKCMjBwDIAkEE+BPv3hby95C-T1RBABUcRAuS5HN7PgnuBAeCAUq+jZKBDAcA87v5bfDWe5lXe5l73f/93f/tUARM0C-w

DPS is higher, group utility way better. And I am not very well informed on PvE, so there are most likely way more optimised versions of this build already.

Any info on rotation?

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

There is no way to get anywhere near that DPS with power.

EDIT: Went and tested whatever what you linked was. The DPS is about 47% of what condi does in testing. And condi scales way better in groups.

Sorry mate, while I see some decent DPS there, I don’t see that “more damage than any other class/build”.

That’s solo DPS with no might/vuln/quickness/alacrity/spotter/other buffs. Check this video from Chevs.

http://www.twitch.tv/chevsya/v/24483076

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Just because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about, I recorded some videos with a DPS meter to see raw values, instead of blind guesses.

Condi war : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxzFJQOG8qc&feature=youtu.be
(Smoldering sigils and sinister instead of viper/sinister mix, so about a 5% dps loss compared to a PvE situation where you can mix stats)

“DPS” war : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys00Ts_hkzM

And finally, because “we can’t touch elementalists ever”
Elementalist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuhSB0jyeA&feature=youtu.be

Take in consideration that the pvp lobby doesn’t allow you to use buff food, which results in a 15% dps loss for condi classes, opposed to only about 5% for power damage classes.

You can clearly see that condi warrior has a much higher sustain, and even tho elementalist does go above 10k dps occasionally, it drops down a lot when meteor shower and icebow are on cooldown and you have to auto attack and lava font.

Condi warrior on the other hand can almost steadily stay above 10k dps, and even pushes up to 15-16k at the end of the video.
The only thing that prevented me from staying above 10k dps for the entire duration of the video, was me missing the final sword F1 and berserk going on cooldown 0,5 seconds too soon due to me being slow.

So yes, condi warrior can touch elementalist, and even tho it doesn’t have a lot of group support when using the max dps build, it can be used alongside a phalanx warrior perfectly fine, since it just does more DPS than other classes

in Warrior

Posted by: Jephery.8915

Jephery.8915

PS Condition Longbow (Tactics/Arms/Berserker) can replace PS Greatsword in fractals/dungeons if a Herald is also in the group.

If you have a Herald and are running Tactics, you can run Phalanx Strength as a Longbow condition warrior and maintain 25 might stacks with the Herald assisting with facets. Herald can also apply a large amount of Vulnerability stacks, making up for the loss of the GS Vulnerability stacks.

Though, I guess its more the Herald replacing the GS warrior.

(edited by Jephery.8915)

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

A herald camping glint to make might and using strength runes makes less dps than a greatsword warrior. Which raises the question why not just use two warriors if that is your plan?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Jephery.8915

I was thinking that the Revenant would just maintain the ~10 stacks from a Shiro/Glint rotation, and the rest would be made up by fire field blasts with 50% facet of nature uptime from the Longbow Warrior and the group.

Since the condition Warrior is already bringing banners, you can get the Revenant for its group buffs instead of overlapping another Warrior.

I probably haven’t thought this through enough though, I’ll concede.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

much info

Alright, taking a step back here. I’ll let you PvE boys duke it out.

The whole condi thing looks like fun for PvE.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

Just because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about, I recorded some videos with a DPS meter to see raw values, instead of blind guesses.

I would like to point out that the DPS meter you’re using only shows your DPS in the past 5 seconds which is a horrible estimate for total DPS over an extended period. Also you’ll do more damage on war if you never swap from LB it’s just a straight up DPS loss.

in Warrior

bladex.9502

I would like to point out that the DPS meter you’re using only shows your DPS in the past 5 seconds which is a horrible estimate for total DPS over an extended period. Also you’ll do more damage on war if you never swap from LB it’s just a straight up DPS loss.

It depends a lot on the encounter if camping LB is more DPS or not.
On a DPS spreadsheet against a target that doesn’t move at all where you have 100% DPS uptime, its probably better, but in 90% of the real scenarios making use of things like quickness and alacrity allow you to achieve way higher DPS by swapping between bow and sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMQ-BbP6nJc

And if you have a problem with the DPS over 5 seconds, just take the health of the target golem (78,870), and divide it by the amount of seconds it took me to bring its health from 100% to zero, and you will notice condi warrior damage comes out on top

in Warrior

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

On a DPS spreadsheet against a target that doesn’t move at all where you have 100% DPS uptime, its probably better, but in 90% of the real scenarios making use of things like quickness and alacrity allow you to achieve way higher DPS by swapping between bow and sword

And if you have a problem with the DPS over 5 seconds, just take the health of the target golem (78,870), and divide it by the amount of seconds it took me to bring its health from 100% to zero, and you will notice condi warrior damage comes out on top

Unfortunately, i believe I’d still take a good viper engi over this build, as neat as it looks.
They still bring more party support, and quite possibly more dps (almost certainly, actually, given i watched the DPS drop after the might dropped, and would drop further after banner of strength wore off)

(edited by Malpractice.7850)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

I found this also, thoughts on this version: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Sword/Torch_Full_Burn

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

I found this also, thoughts on this version: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Sword/Torch_Full_Burn

Oh man that is really really bad. I should put this one on metabattle.

in Warrior

Mac Maritimus.8327

Yes, you should!

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]

in Warrior

bladex.9502

Unfortunately, i believe I’d still take a good viper engi over this build, as neat as it looks.
They still bring more party support, and quite possibly more dps (almost certainly, actually, given i watched the DPS drop after the might dropped, and would drop further after banner of strength wore off)

Implying viper engi’s DPS wouldn’t drop without might and banners?

Engineer condition DPS is really overrated imo, and most people only play it because its the cool thing to do lately, but both viper engi, condi warrior, and even condi ranger are top tier condition damage DPS, they all have scenarios in which one is better than the other, but they are all viable.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Use these 5 simple abilities to do more damage than any other class/build.

Shh, don’t say that, warriors don’t need any more nerfs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rrhand.7509

Rrhand.7509

Well, can anyone show this amazing condi warrior build? I’m looking for this for several days. Or TSs build is realy nice?

in Warrior

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Engineer condition DPS is really overrated imo, and most people only play it because its the cool thing to do lately, but both viper engi, condi warrior, and even condi ranger are top tier condition damage DPS, they all have scenarios in which one is better than the other, but they are all viable.

The critical differences is that the engi is bringing vuln, more reliable damage, and damage that doesnt really drop off.

Your build, while amazing dps, is reliant on the enemy not moving. Combustive shot and Scorched Earth are both fields that the boss needs to stay in, which won’t happen in the raid :p

An engi can do this on the run, and really, only has a 3s field, and given high mobility, you swap out the bomb kit for rocket boots toolbet skill, which is nearly as effective.

A ranger is even more so reliant on keeping the boss in that fire field.

It’s okay to admit another class is better at condi, we won’t fail because of it :p

I would certainly put this above ranger, though.

in Warrior

bladex.9502

The critical differences is that the engi is bringing vuln, more reliable damage, and damage that doesnt really drop off.

Your build, while amazing dps, is reliant on the enemy not moving. Combustive shot and Scorched Earth are both fields that the boss needs to stay in, which won’t happen in the raid :p

An engi can do this on the run, and really, only has a 3s field, and given high mobility, you swap out the bomb kit for rocket boots toolbet skill, which is nearly as effective.

A ranger is even more so reliant on keeping the boss in that fire field.

It’s okay to admit another class is better at condi, we won’t fail because of it :p

I would certainly put this above ranger, though.

You have to understand that it depends entirely on the situation how much DPS a class/build does.
You can keep trying to convince people condi engi is higher DPS everywhere, but you don’t provide any solid proof or numbers.
There are barely any bosses in this game that have mechanics that cause them to move excessively, even the Vale Guardian raid boss we got to fight in the beta stood relatively still if you actually play organised, and aren’t running around all the time.

All you’re doing is speculating about encounters we didn’t even see yet, and it makes it very hard for me to take the arguments you give seriously

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

So another condi LB build that makes use of the Scorched Earth exploit…

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

It’s no an exploit it’s an intended mechanic. If anet didn’t want this to happen they wouldn’t have given scorched earth multiple hitboxes. It would just be one long rectangle. It greatly raises the skill cap on warrior DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rrhand.7509

Rrhand.7509

Can anyone show this build please? Traits, stats and other. And is LB main weapon?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I have to admit Condi Warrior is now a thing in PvE.

tried to do Extreme mode for the last HoT story, Power just failed, for Canach you simply need condi as there is no way to break his bar which means power is useless against him, Even Eir and her dog burned so fast.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAT5enMdAdeg9dAukCcigFoA7IBGASZJrgWQu7t1Ob3tA-TRiAQBQUtgzdQAumyvAu/AAeAAR7CA6AqmqOrQzAbUCSKAYWWB-e

in Warrior

Arewn.2368

It’s no an exploit it’s an intended mechanic. If anet didn’t want this to happen they wouldn’t have given scorched earth multiple hitboxes. It would just be one long rectangle. It greatly raises the skill cap on warrior DPS.

You can use the same argument to defend most exploits. “If it wasn’t intended, they wouldn’t have made it that way!”. And yet exploits they are.
I find it quite unlikely that this was in any way an intended use of the skill. The side-by-side fields are probably there because of the way the skill fires off. They wanted the field to appear in sequenced sections based on the firing of the projectile. Their tech meant side-by-side fields was the easiest way to achieve that.

With regards to it raising the skill cap, I’d hesitate to use the word “greatly”. It’s finicky positioning at best, and is unrealistic against anything that moves. You really can’t use this against moving enemies, it wont work. Which means you will necessarily be using it against unmoving enemies, at which point you’re just standing at a predetermined distance while attacking, something you’re pretty much doing anyways. I’d barely call that an increase in skill cap, let alone a “great” one.
They made these things into fields for the sake of persistently hitting things in an area, not so that you can corner/wall stack to keep the enemy from moving and then exploit the side-by-side positioning of the fields to get double-ticks on the damage.
It’s another hit-box exploit in the same vein as FGS, Whirling Wrath, Ice Bow, the double-hit spot on Tequatl, and what ever others there were/are.
Did you know you could get triple, maybe even quadruple damage ticks from Scorched Earth on enemies with large hitboxes? Same exploit, different ability.

in Warrior

Mac Maritimus.8327

@Mallis: what stats would you recommend to have on the weapons?

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]

in Warrior

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Wait, doesn’t deep strike only give the condition damage to fury that you apply? So, wouldn’t it be pointless if you had someone else granting fury?

Also, what about substituting “To the limit” as the heal to fulfil a similar role to signet of fury, and then replacing signet of fury with banner of discipline?

It would provide the same amount of precision to yourself, as well as giving it along with some ferocity to allies, as well as continuing to grant the precision to you, whereas signet of fury spends more time on cooldown than it does providing precision due to the lack of signet precision. It’s a minor damage loss due to “To the limit” having a longer cast time, but the extra ferocity and precision uptime should go a fair way toward countering that, and in a group situation where you’re the only warrior, the banner is a clearly the better option.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

Wait, doesn’t deep strike only give the condition damage to fury that you apply? So, wouldn’t it be pointless if you had someone else granting fury?

Actually yes it does work like that. Maybe opportunist is better. Also I wonder if your AOE fury gives other players condition damage.

I completely forgot To The Limit existed when I made that video. Honestly I don’t think it’s a good heal to take when you actually need heals. Like it just isn’t practical. In a situation where you can take a heal for DPS I’m not sure if I would use it or Blood Reckoning. It would need further testing but I’m sure there are some situations where it would be alright.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

in Warrior

bladex.9502

Its funny, because they actually explained you were possible to do that with the multiple firefields in the official berserker elite spec announcement.
So unless they are intentionally teaching people exploits and leaving them in the game, its not an exploit, just smart use of game mechanics

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

To people saying this is an exploit, you do know Anet was the one who mentioned that it would be possible to do this in one of their videos showcasing the berserker..

in Warrior

Arewn.2368

Its funny, because they actually explained you were possible to do that with the multiple firefields in the official berserker elite spec announcement.
So unless they are intentionally teaching people exploits and leaving them in the game, its not an exploit, just smart use of game mechanics

Oh did they?
Because I don’t remember that. And I just checked the Meet the Berseker blog post, and the LB sections of the GW2 Berserker Warrior Elite Spec Livestream, and they didn’t say that in either of those.
In fact, in beta (i.e after they announced it) the skill worked differently. Instead of the current series of explosions that create perfectly connected square fields, it was a projectile that left side by side circular fields.

So could you tell me where you saw this(I don’t mean this sarcastically, I’m legitimately asking)? Because I can’t find an official berserker elite spec announcement which specifies that Scorched Earth can/should be used in such a way that you take advantage of the side by side positioning of the fields to get simultaneous double ticks on damage from the field.

in Warrior

Arewn.2368

To people saying this is an exploit, you do know Anet was the one who mentioned that it would be possible to do this in one of their videos showcasing the berserker..

Where? I legit can’t find it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

Where? I legit can’t find it.

i think they are talking about this one: https://youtu.be/mxMm0hz2_d0?t=18m23s this is a mirror of the official berserker stream and i made it start at the section covering the longbow which at that point in time was really different as we all know

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Warrior

Arewn.2368

i think they are talking about this one: https://youtu.be/mxMm0hz2_d0?t=18m23s this is a mirror of the official berserker stream and i made it start at the section covering the longbow which at that point in time was really different as we all know

That’s the video I thought they were referring to. But they(Anet) don’t actually say the fire fields can/should be used that way in the video.
What Bladex and Zach are claiming isn’t supported by that video. So I guess either they’re mistaken, or they’re referring to another source.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Being able to double up on the fields of intentional regardless. It’s the same concept as two Guardians placing side by side Symbols. You’ll take damage from whatever aoe effect is intersecting with your hitbox. Likewise, this allows Scorched Earth to affect more than 5 enemies at a time. You get 5 enemies per field which greatly increases it’s effectiveness in zerg play (similar to Meteor Shower ect). Scorched Earth could’ve been 5 overlapping circle fields and you’d get the same effect by standing in the overlaps.

It’s a unique property Berserkers can take advantage of in many different scenarios.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Jephery.8915

You get 6 seconds of Fury on entering Berserker mode, and you’ll get your own fury if you run Signet of Rage.

in Warrior

Mallis.4295

You get 6 seconds of Fury on entering Berserker mode, and you’ll get your own fury if you run Signet of Rage.

I actually think it’s still better to use Battle Standard. Opportunist gives you a lot of fury from Pin Down though.