Condition Warrior WvW Solo Roaming [Video]

in Warrior

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Hello! Just posting a video of my recent roaming in T2 NA with a condition warrior build. Nothing too mindblowing with the build or anything, if you want a look its in the video description.

Video

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Good fighting. I’d love to run a Burnzerker build in WvW but I don’t know what gearset is actually ideal for it. A mix of Carrion, Rabid and Dire seems like a good idea, but you just lose so much power. I wish Mercenary gear was craftable.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Good fighting. I’d love to run a Burnzerker build in WvW but I don’t know what gearset is actually ideal for it. A mix of Carrion, Rabid and Dire seems like a good idea, but you just lose so much power. I wish Mercenary gear was craftable.

Yeah I gave up pretty much all my power for this build, I was very used to playing with viper in spvp and that power spoiled me. Just tough to find that right balance, but anet did remove most of the truly annoying stuff like diamond skin so it works out alright.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Hopefully people don’t get annoyed by me making more videos. Here is another one from yesterday’s roaming.

Video

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Viper all the way haha! squishy as hell but the damage is insane

in Warrior

Helly.2597

I’m just going to keep adding videos to this thread as I make them. Harder to find good footage the later the match-up has gone on sadly.

Video

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I like ur vids its not just mesh of wins vs low ranked players. Keep it up

in Warrior

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

That looked really fun. What build do you use? Is there one you could recommend on a “budget” so to speak?

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Thanks for watching and the comments! I try to only include footage of “inspired” gameplay. Basically I try and watch it over and if it makes me want to get back out and roam more then I’ll include it. That being said I do include some dunks on other players just to showcase the burst.

As far as the build, it’s included in the video description (except for the most recent one, which I’ll be adding once I’m off work). For the budget aspect, it’s pretty budget friendly. Giver weapons are cheap, sigils are beyond cheap (4s ea), the rest of the gear is a mix and match of carrion and rabid for the armour (available from wvw vendors for gold and badges or from the tp), and jewelry is primarily cheap. If you lemme know the budget I’ll take a look, but I believe my entire gear setup is not more than 15-20g total probably closer to 15.

Appears the build site is down currently. If it’s not back by the time I get home I’ll put it together on a new site.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Davi.4920

Build would be great and that budget is doable

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Build would be great and that budget is doable

Build website back up. Here is my build I am now using, though I’m probably going to drop some precision soon for condi dmg. Build.
As for the cost, I quickly ran through some calculations and with buying everything off the TP its around 26.15g with the majority of that being from the armor (around 13g). For a lower budget version, use two sets of geomancy/doom and swap out antitoxin for krait.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

(edited by Helly.2597)

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Build site is still down sadly, however I did make a few more videos. This one is like the others just a short of montage of clips. Second, which I’ll edit in once its up, is just me goofing around with some DB players in EBG in a single long clip.

Video 1

Video 2

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

(edited by Helly.2597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gabe.1065

Gabe.1065

Interesting build. Nice play. Your stat choices seem so specific, like you were aiming for some exact numbers you had in mind. Just curious about your rationale.

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Interesting build. Nice play. Your stat choices seem so specific, like you were aiming for some exact numbers you had in mind. Just curious about your rationale.

Thanks. The stat choices were kinda specific to try and reach a few key targets and also cause I was being cheap. I wanted around 35% crit for king of fires, around 2700 armor which would be boosted up from RR, 1400 power for some additional pressure, 24000 hp just to help me against condition builds, and 1500 condition damage because thats the main source of damage.

Ideally I would have more power, but I’m too lazy to really optimize from here.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Davi.4920

Thank you for this, i’m going to give it a whirl It seems it might do ok in pve too!

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Thank you for this, i’m going to give it a whirl It seems it might do ok in pve too!

No problem! Its been fun for me playing it recently. I legit know nothing about PvE, though presumably it would be good for open world but less so for raids/dungeons if you wanted to be optimal (too much toughness/vit I believe).

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Helly.2597

New video, mostly 1v1s and a few 1v2s in there this time. My opponents have been either engaging me 1v1 or engaging me only 1v5+, makes it difficult to find good fights since the build is extremely strong 1v1.

I also made a few build changes, which can be found in the description as usual.

Video

Of course feedback is always welcome.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I tried to net something similar to Mercs and ended up with Carrion armor + weapons, Soldiers trinkets with 2 Dire/Rabid ones.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsZ5enMdAtkiVhA+kCEliFjADZEsC+AvF3lbz1IAsBzZA-TlSHABCt/wZ6HcSJIAPAgBOCAEq+DBnAggUeckSsAOIAAA-w

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gabe.1065

Gabe.1065

I’ve been roaming with a build based on yours with good success. Shield rather than torch. I traited Shield Master, Cleansing Ire, and Heightened Focus at first; but I found that your original selections of Dogged March, Rousing Resilience, and Burst Mastery work better for me—especially Rousing Resilience when I use Balanced Stance instead of Shattering Blow.

in Warrior

Helly.2597

I’ve been roaming with a build based on yours with good success. Shield rather than torch. I traited Shield Master, Cleansing Ire, and Heightened Focus at first; but I found that your original selections of Dogged March, Rousing Resilience, and Burst Mastery work better for me—especially Rousing Resilience when I use Balanced Stance instead of Shattering Blow.

The only thing I would be concerned about with shield would be the damage loss, especially when dropping shattering blow. It should be a noticeable survivability increase to power damage (though you also lose a condi cleanse from torch 5). If you were only taking shield for the block primarily, maybe trying out offhand sword would be worthwhile too. Block plus a torment stacking ability makes it a nice little hybrid between torch and shield, though you lose that stun.

Honestly I’m going to try s/s now that I think about it. Will lose some burning spike but should give more sustain and greater access to torment.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

(edited by Helly.2597)

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Back again with another roaming video. Just a few minor weapon changes (no stat changes) with the build.

Enjoy!

Video

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Helly.2597

Back again with what is likely my final video for condition warrior (for now).

Enjoy.

Video

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Warrior

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Interesting build ;O