Condition build - Which is better?

in Warrior

Posted by: TheRoflmonster.5968

TheRoflmonster.5968

For a bleed warrior build, which would be better: Precision or condition damage?

Or in other words, Rampager’s or Carrion?

I’m thinking carrion because condition builds want fights to last longer, and vitality will allow me to last longer, although it replaces the crit chance with vitality and gives more condition damage than Rampager’s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Balsco.3682

Balsco.3682

Rabid’s is the best, get sigil of earth and along with the rending strikes trait you can apply a bleed on almost every crit, and rabid’s grants precision, plus it gives you as much condition damage as carrion and instead of vitality gives you toughness which could be converted to more condition damage with runes of the undead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

spvp? or PvE?

PvE I would do something like this
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.1o.h2.e.1o.h1h|c.0.0.c.1o.h5|1o.7g.1o.7g.1o.7g.1o.7g.1o.7g.1o.7g|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0|p58.u38b.0.0.f5|0.0|5y.69.6j.62.6m|e

Here you should have a pretty constant 6 might with a 50% uptime of 11, your crits will hit for a prett good amount not what full zerk would but still good. your bleeds will last 100% longer ( the cap IIRC) and with 850-1050+ condition damage from you own might (not including corruption stacks) your bleeds will be a pretty good amount of damage too. obviously more might would be more bleed damage.
Use rifle as your ranged aswell since rifle has better bleed uptime.

Also note this trait set up is probably going to be void within the next 24 hours.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I use a mix of both. I wanted to get at least 20% crit rating so I have 40% with fury. That is more than enough to trigger extra bleed crits. The power from carrion is nice since it doesn’t make you completely useless vs builds with high condition removal. I use an offensive power/condition regen banner, passive adrine heal, and signet for some nice passive heals. Justice for more offense or bullcharge, and then endure pain for get out of jail free. With the condition reduction signets and food, I am 100% mobile and don’t have to worry to much about conditions.

Not a flashy build but you can surprise a lot of people with it. I beat 90% of the warriors I face with it, the rest run. Sceptre elementalist are a pain since they got multi reflects if they have focus. Pistol thieves are a pain since they can heal and cleanse every time you get a good stack of bleeds going. I just leap away. Everything else is pretty easy for the most part.

in Warrior

TheRoflmonster.5968

spvp? or PvE?

PvE and WvW

Rabid’s is the best, get sigil of earth and along with the rending strikes trait you can apply a bleed on almost every crit, and rabid’s grants precision, plus it gives you as much condition damage as carrion and instead of vitality gives you toughness which could be converted to more condition damage with runes of the undead.

I mean for armor, I already have all rabid weapons/trinkets.

in Warrior

Posted by: Balsco.3682

Balsco.3682

You can get Rabid’s armor, though it doesn’t have the «Rabid» suffix, it has the Rabid stats which are the best in my opinion, and I’ve been a condition warrior since the game came out, some Orr karma vendors sell armor with Rabid’s stats and if you want you can just buy Galrath’s armor aswell from the TP, which is cheap and has Rabid’s stats.

in Warrior

TheRoflmonster.5968

Oh alright, I didn’t know there was rabid stats armor.

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

None of the above. Do people not know Apothecary gear exists?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Even though I have the gear in my bank for warrior, the stats are kind of mundane.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

You do more damage in berserkers gear with a sword than you do in rabid gear.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Even though I have the gear in my bank for warrior, the stats are kind of mundane.

Have you tried combining conditions with shout heals? It’s extremely effective with apothecary gear.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I personnaly think you will do better with a full Rampager build, swords deals great damage with both power and condition stacked together and high crit chance is almost mandatory when you want to take advantage from sigil of earth and precise strike.

Also try to reach the 100% bleed duration cap, it will make your sword basic attack bleed for 16sec, your sigil of earth for 10sec, your precise strike for 6sec and finaly your Flurry for 4sec, allowing you to deal a tremendeous amount of damage in a very short duration with your F1.

If you use a longbow you can stack some burning and extra bleedings too, and Rampager Rifle builds works pretty well in pair with a Sword&Shield if you use distracting strike. Not the big 12-15K crits you get when running around in berserker gear, but better for sustained fire and pressure.