Conditions

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Warriors cannot remove conditions effectively enough. So far every class can remove conditions well except a warrior. Even with runes to compensate they are by far the weakest at this and increasing their condition remove options would make the warrior quite versatile. XD

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: omalah.1864

omalah.1864

we have both Mending and Shake it Off. If you time them right they are very effective. Mending is the best heal for warrior in my opinion, heal and remove 2 conditions is very nice to have and the heal is decent enough to keep us alive.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

we have both Mending and Shake it Off. If you time them right they are very effective. Mending is the best heal for warrior in my opinion, heal and remove 2 conditions is very nice to have and the heal is decent enough to keep us alive.

(snort) no it’s not good to rely on skill base condition removals cool downs while other professions have both passive traits and skill conditions removals. Knowing how rapidly conditions are applied in this game which isn’t bad at all. It’s quite one sided on the warrior.

Pineapples

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

(snort) no it’s not good to rely on skill base condition removals cool downs while other professions have both passive traits and skill conditions removals. Knowing how rapidly conditions are applied in this game which isn’t bad at all. It’s quite one sided on the warrior.

I think there is a trait as well that uses shake it off when you have more than 1 condition on you instantly. It also doesn’t share the cooldown with the real Shake it off as far as I know. I’m not sure about all other classes having good condition removal. I have a ranger and our main source of condition removal is our pet. We also have healing spring, but it doesn’t allways work (for me at least). Thieves also don’t have that many condition removal. They get some for movement impairing conditions, but that is another matter. Speaking of which I heard warriors can have -98% chilled/crippled/immobilized duration. They also have a trait that removes movement impairing conditions on move skills. Didn’t test that much, but I guess it refers to dashes, which warriors also have a few of. Hope that puts things in perspective.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: omalah.1864

omalah.1864

There is a trait for shake it off, but it can only go off every 30 seconds and its 20 points in tactics. It does suck having to replace skills that will help damage output to remove conditions, but atleast running around solo it will keep you alive. I change them out for Signet of might and For great justice when im in groups

Conditions

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

I think there is a trait as well that uses shake it off when you have more than 1 condition on you instantly. It also doesn’t share the cooldown with the real Shake it off as far as I know. I’m not sure about all other classes having good condition removal. I have a ranger and our main source of condition removal is our pet. We also have healing spring, but it doesn’t allways work (for me at least). Thieves also don’t have that many condition removal. They get some for movement impairing conditions, but that is another matter. Speaking of which I heard warriors can have -98% chilled/crippled/immobilized duration. They also have a trait that removes movement impairing conditions on move skills. Didn’t test that much, but I guess it refers to dashes, which warriors also have a few of. Hope that puts things in perspective.

I’m aware of thieves situation, but the difference between the two is that they have passive trait that removes conditions every 3 seconds. Then you have Hide in Shadows healing skill removing 3 conditions which are bleeding, burning and poison. As long they have stealth skills ready to go they can keep themselves condition free most of the time compared to a warrior problem.

Rangers have it good with the pet support and so they do not have to worry too much about removing their conditions.

As for warriors with the impairing effect being up at 98% if that’s possible. It will still do them little surviving other conditions applied on them plus in Tpvp it’s bad because now the enemy has taken the node.

Pineapples

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

It does suck having to replace skills that will help damage output to remove conditions…

It does suck, but everyone has to do it. Warriors aren’t special.

Conditions

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

It does suck having to replace skills that will help damage output to remove conditions…

Most have to do it passively / skills support and yeah warriors aren’t special…they’re handicap.

Pineapples

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Most have to do it passively / skills support and yeah warriors aren’t special…they’re handicap.

Well what options do we really have?

You can’t really put it as a passive on a Signet, considering that we have Deep Strike and the recent Signet buffs.

Putting it on the burst is just going to result in people shifting from complaining about conditions to complaining about the burst on Greatsword.

And let’s be honest, Mending with Restorative Strength is pretty kitten. After all, look at all the conditions you could get. Restorative Strength takes care of 4/11 right off the bat. Out of the remaining 7, you cannot heal during Fear, you’d be dumb to heal during Poison or Confuse, you should wait out Blinds. Leaves you with just Bleed, Burning and Vulnerability, of which 2 will be gone with Mending.

But no, boohoo “Mending has low healing” or boohoo “I wanna take Berserker’s Power instead”. How typical.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Actually, you people prefer the term ‘handicapable’.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Rangers have it good with the pet support and so they do not have to worry too much about removing their conditions.

Please go on a build calculator and compare Shake it off with signet of renewal. Shrug it off is also a Master trait, while Emphatic bond is a grandmaster trait. And even then, our conditions are given to our pet. Healing spring is pretty kitten awesome though, I’ll give you that.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Conditions

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Why don’t you guys just test out all warriors builds with condition removals skills, traits, runes and maybe you’ll see where they stand in Spvp / Tpvp. Who needs the calculator when you have experience with the profession and knows their flaws against other professions. You can stay in doubt or you can test it out. The choice is yours….

Pineapples

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

If conditions are that much of a problem for you, just use soldier runes and shouts. They’re utilities most people use anyway and it’ll give you condition removal for days. That plus mending will keep conditions off you quite easily.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

no people are forgetting that unlike every other class, warrior almost always ends up running through every single trap/aoe spamming condition abilities TO GET TO THEIR TARGET. Thieves can stealth and lose conditions in stealth and guardians got so much condition removal/condition→boon up their kitten its insane. A warrior on the other hand is in plain sight and has 130 atk range with pathetic sustain.

A warrior by design was meant to run in and kill them before they kill you, high base health, no sustain, high risk high reward. Except with dodge mechanic that makes you invincible and free escape + the chill/immobolize/cripple that comes out of every single other class they get kited to death 9/10s. Doesn’t help their only GOOD melee dps is Hundred Blades is a rooted, LONG channeled ability doesn’t help.

Conditions

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

If conditions are that much of a problem for you, just use soldier runes and shouts. They’re utilities most people use anyway and it’ll give you condition removal for days. That plus mending will keep conditions off you quite easily.

If this was to me then reread my post. I’m aware how conditions removals works for warriors and believe it or not that isn’t a good system for them.

Pineapples

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Tons of people are aware of and using a shout build. But it really is a bad investment of resources (traits, runes and utilities) unless you go all-in on shouts.

Shouts that:
Heal
Remove a condition
Gain adrenaline

That’s pretty good. Its also pretty pigeonholed. If you swap out just one utility for a non-shout, it starts to suck. Swap out 2 utilities and now you’re pretty much wasting your tunes and 30 pt trait.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Mending is horrible. AS IS warriors werent squishy enough to start, we have to sacrifice our ONLY heal just to remove 2 conditions. Imagine if you dont need the heal, but you have 25 stack of bleed. So you remove the bleed with mending. oh wait, now your being DPS but you have no heal. Goodbye.

Or Vice Versa

OH NO im 20K/25K HP LET ME HEAL! -HEALS to full hp- mwahhaha. OH NO now he put conditions on me and im dying, but I cant remove it because he made me heal before. .

So Unfair

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

Most classes have a way to remove a condition every 10 seconds. Warriors do not. Maybe if banners instead of granting regeneration to allies remove a condition ever 10 seconds. This would turn into a huge reason to use banners. It may need to be re-worked so that having 4 banners down is not stupid overpowered.

1 banner = 1 condition every 10 sec.
2 banner = 1 condition every 8 sec.
3 banner = 1 condition every 6 sec.
4 banner = 1 condition ever 5 sec.

or something like that.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Please go on a build calculator and compare Shake it off with signet of renewal. Shrug it off is also a Master trait, while Emphatic bond is a grandmaster trait. And even then, our conditions are given to our pet. Healing spring is pretty kitten awesome though, I’ll give you that.

No but you don’t care about chill, immobilize and snare which we do given our melee requirement. So basically you took 1/3-1/2 of the conditions off by default right there. We don’t have a pet to take a cc for us as well.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

The ‘automatic’ shake it off is in a place where anyone going down that tree never takes it..It only kicks in once every 30 seconds. It only removes one condition..yep..way op..especially when conditions can be reapplied instantly.

I also heard, that the warriors -unlike every other class in the game- have trouble closing in the gap for their effective weapon dps..rangers don’t..also..it’s only 58% chill etc and that is with using melandru runes . I’d rather have good range weapons and not care about chil/snare than have to sacrifice a lot to close a gap then have my target evade or jump away or teleport.

The trait that removes movement impairment conditions does not remove chill and does not remove movement impairment conditions applied during those warrior abilities -which can have a long cast time, sometimes-

What is the point of resisting snares etc only to have your target bunny hop away.

I really find it mind boggling that someone is comparing warriors and rangers and complaining about how warriors are better in certain aspects. You look at the class as a whole and not at how cool their great sword is.

I would like to hear more about these things you hear about warriors.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Jasra.3627

Jasra.3627

well, i can talk about wvw. conditions are bad, but try use full Hoelbrak runes (-20% condi duration), Lemongrass Poultry Soup (-40% condi duration) and trait Dogged March, which is must have imo
then you have -93% movement impairing condition duration and -60% condition duration. it’s just great! you can go full head to condition classes and kitten them. yes, even p/d thiefs :P you can kitten condi removal skills, just run full damage and Healing Surge

i was trying this in spvp, but w/o food it’s harder, but still it help a lots stay alive and do some nice damage!

No Life [NoLF]
SFR

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Anet has stated way back that warriors have troubles with conditions and that they should look to their teammates for assistance in their removal.

Funny how this is still a main roadblock influencing their viability.

I think one of the big missteps in balancing was the broad nerf in various forms of passive condition mitigation. Melandru runes really helped keep warriors in top shape back in the day before they were nerfed.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Keep conditions off? After removing the conditions they are back on the second you remove them.

Conditions

in Warrior

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

My real gripe is that other classes can remove all there conditions effectively even mesmers can if they want to. But a warrior has to use soldiers runes and shouts and signets and 1 trait to remove conditions as effectively as a ranger’s trait with a signet and without runes. Furthermore, the warrior is is trait and utility and rune locked if he wishes to remove conditions like elementalist or ranger or another class. With one healing skill the ranger can remove conditions every three seconds aoe. A warrior has nothing close to this.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game