Cooldown of the trait "Last Stand"?

in Warrior

Posted by: Forwardhorn.8423

Forwardhorn.8423

After tampering with builds, and finally got one now that suits me best personally and my team for sPvP. I was wondering what in the world is the cooldown for the trait “Last Stand”? As the tool tip does not state. Is it the same as balanced stance? Or is it longer?

That’s all, if anyone knows then I’ll be grateful if you could help me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If in doubt, Wiki it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand

90 seconds and activating Balanced Stance automatically triggers the cooldown. Pretty stupid and not worth it.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Forwardhorn.8423

Forwardhorn.8423

If in doubt, Wiki it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand

90 seconds and activating Balanced Stance automatically triggers the cooldown. Pretty stupid and not worth it.

Thank you.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I run it in my build, but it is a group orientated WvW build. It is there because stability get’s stripped off often in WvW. So all sources of stabiliy are welcome. And it has saved my life 100s of times.

Really funny to see another warrior bullcharge in and starting his HB, while you just walk away totally ignoring them.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

it’s saved my bacon uncountable times in WvW as well.

like MiLkZz said. bull rush warrior comes in, hit him with bolas, walk behind him and smack him a few times. flurry him and he dies. bonus points if you string it out so it takes forever and he has to sit there helpless while you wail on him.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

You realize how unlikely that is to happen? It is is a lot more likely some stray CC; perhaps a Catapult or something, blows the whole thing and when you need it you’re waiting for the 90 seconds cooldown.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

if that happens then it still did its job, (i also carry balanced stance as a utility)

i’m not usually waist deep in an allied zerg though, i’m normally running in a 2-6 man group. so getting ambushed by rangers and thieves is pretty common.

but even if i was a zerg heavy warrior, it would still be useful because when a group is getting crowd controlled, the first opening seconds of it (the most important part) you are not. so rather then being thrown off the battering ram, you get to keep hitting the door. when the cats start flying as you rush into a tower you are the one who gets to actually get all the way to the siege and disable them for your team.

also if you have both balanced stance and last stance then you can chain them for 16sec of stability. this is half of a small engagement right there, or you can spread them out so that the initial crowd control in a fight gets eaten by last stance, and when you go to stomp someone you activate balanced stance.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

if that happens then it still did its job, (i also carry balanced stance as a utility)

That makes it even more useless. Balanced Stance triggers the 90 seconds cooldown on Last Stand.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

That makes it even more useless. Balanced Stance triggers the 90 seconds cooldown on Last Stand.

Not anymore.

in Warrior

Posted by: Twiista.1689

Twiista.1689

No, it does not.

This used to be the case when stability was an effect instead of a boon (like frenzy), however, since stability was changed to a boon this was remedied.

Don’t believe me? Go test it out. Go to the mists, use balanced stance, then go to the dodge trainer. Let it hit you AFTER you use balanced stance. You will see that “Last Stand” will still trigger and add more seconds of stability to what you had already.

Also, the cooldown only triggers AFTER “Last Stand” is triggered, not when you gain stability from “Balanced Stance”.

What is weird tho, is that Last Stand triggers even when you have stability (therefore not getting cc’ed to begin with). That’s a discussion for another thread tho.

TL:DR – Balanced Stance DOES NOT trigger the cooldown of Last Stand

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

I’ve been switching between defy pain and last stand for a while now. And have found last stand by far more worthy in keeping me alive in WvW. As chain knockbacks end up just killing me in the end. And I’ve been running it with Balanced Stance and have noticed it will even proc when I activate balanced stance if a knockback hits me simply increasing the stability duration.

It’s a 90 second cooldown, on its own cooldown, and has nothing to do with balanced stances cooldown.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

The cooldown is 90 seconds, which is long.

Activating balanced stance does not trigger the cooldown on last stand, this was fixed.