Cowardly Warriors

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

As a thief (meant to be the most mobile class in the game), even if I used every thing in my ars (lol butts) enal. I still cannot catch these types of warriors. That’s if I wanted to put my thief at a severe disadvantage too.

Cripple, Chill, Immobilize, Fear, Daze, Knockdown?

I guess you haven’t heard of the warrior traits and food that renders all these abilities useless?

I say give warriors the elementalist treatment (like they did to ride the lightning). If the warrior movement skills do not hit a target: put those skills on a longer cool down. Problem solved.

A thief who cant chase a warrior? Clearly learn to play issue. Thieves are the best catchers in game.

If you want guest in SoS and i will show you how to play a thief properly. You have so many gap closers no class can outrun you.

I main thief. Nothing can outrun me and i outrun everyone jusr by spamming 2 on dagger

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

Are you really whining about warrior mobility? That’s the staple of the class! Thieves have stealth, mesmers have clones, ranger has a pet, and so on warriors have mobility and high damage that is the point of the class, your argument is invalid, learn to play the game and then you won’t complain about these things.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

As a thief (meant to be the most mobile class in the game), even if I used every thing in my ars (lol butts) enal. I still cannot catch these types of warriors. That’s if I wanted to put my thief at a severe disadvantage too.

I guess you haven’t heard of the warrior traits and food that renders all these abilities useless?

I say give warriors the elementalist treatment (like they did to ride the lightning). If the warrior movement skills do not hit a target: put those skills on a longer cool down. Problem solved.

A thief who cant chase a warrior? Clearly learn to play issue. Thieves are the best catchers in game.

If you want guest in SoS and i will show you how to play a thief properly. You have so many gap closers no class can outrun you.

I main thief. Nothing can outrun me and i outrun everyone jusr by spamming 2 on dagger

You must be new and have never encountered one of these warriors.

Hello.

Im a warrior with full zerk ascended armor and weapons. And im looking a guild that is mainly active during gmt+8 primetime or somewhere near the timezone andis in sea of sorrows server

Pla give me an invite in game

Or maybe you’re just covering for yourself?

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

That is why they are making changes. Anets goal is that each class have the same burst/tank/mobile potential as other classes. They felt rangers lack burst compared to other classes so they are changing it.

From the Ranger CDI thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Collaborative-Development-Ranger-Profession/page/16#post3691980):

The Ranger isn’t expected to do burst damage. By sustained, we mean that the Ranger should excel at surviving (resilient) through burst while still doing enough damage over time to take the opponent down.

Yeah, I can build a tanky Ranger and I do so little damage so slowly that it’s impossible for me to take any opponent down that can heal faster (or run away to heal) than I can do damage.

Classes in gw2 are mostly preference. Each class can be mobile / tanky / bursty. Only currently anet is still balancing them so you might see others are lacking compared to others.

I’ll be quite happy if that’s what they do.

Seriously. Read before buying. During the release they already said this.

I did. The Profession description for Ranger on their web site tells me:

Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows. With traps, nature spirits, and a stable of loyal pets at their command, rangers can adapt to any situation.

When the reality of the game doesn’t match the description of the game provided by ANet, you can’t really fault people for not getting what the game promised.

That said, I’ll ask again, what’s the point of classes in GW2? Is it really style only? If that’s the case, then shouldn’t other classes get Stealth and shouldn’t other classes be able to wield a hammer with lots of CC like Warriors and Guardians?

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

I main warrior in pve but as i have said they are underpowered in pvp aside from the hambow combo.

In wvw, warriors cant outrun my thief we have steal which teles us to the target, shadow step, we can pull them, we have number 2 of dagger which makes us extremely mobile. My rank in wvw is low atm maybe i never encountered good warriors as im only sitting on 450+. I doubt any good warriors will use gs in wvw anyway.

It is clearly learn to play because as a thief in 1v1 nobody can outrun me even eles with their teleport and ride the lightning.

I encountered a few warriors who uses sword number2 + gs skills in running away, they can move distance so fast but still not a problem as a thief. Maybe on other classes.

But gs alone? I dont think so.

Classes are there for variety but when it comes to tankiness / mobility / damage output anet wants it to be equal. Although each classes have different mechanics in playing them.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

many warrior use GS just to roam. They probably don’t care that much about wvw, or are really pve player in disguise.

Other class probably do the same thing. It is just more obvious because it is a warrior.

When I play a norm character, I always use leopard form as my elite. If there are fight I dont’ want to get into, I just change to Leopard form and run away…

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Well the main reason I’m using a GS in pvp for one of my two weapons is to avoid zergs. People have to understand that GS, as a fighting weapon, is trash. Mobility IS its main purpose and thus, 1v1’ing is way way harder. If you force me to run away, making me abandon the cap, you won even if you didn’t kill me.

You asking for a nerf because you’re getting annoyed someone escaped in WvW is totally irrelevant. Fact is (and has always been): the game is balanced around Pvp and GS is fine, if not rather weak, in Pvp.

(edited by Ergolicious.1507)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

there is nothing wrong with this.

this is working as intended.

this is a learn to play issue as some players refuse to equip themselves with movement impairing skills yet, they believe they have the right to come here to whine and bicker about their inability to get something done.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

First in First out)

and if you know the tactic make a counter measure,slowing works extremly well on them.

1 weapon slot=GS another one if he wants to escape 1h sword+warhorn but in this way he will deal no dmg so 1 weapon slot most have something for pvp then only 1 remain and it’s easy to counter.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Hmm thiefs and eles can do the same think but dont need to use useless pvp weapon for it

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It still amazes me how a class that is decked out in heavy armor wielding a 2 handed great sword is more mobile than most of the light armor wearing classes (eles excluded here).

What has armor class got anything to do with mobility???

In balanced games, heavy armor means less mobility, and light armor means more mobility. But the game isn’t balanced.

there is nothing wrong with this.

this is working as intended.

this is a learn to play issue as some players refuse to equip themselves with movement impairing skills yet, they believe they have the right to come here to whine and bicker about their inability to get something done.

Some classes are stuck with easily dodged movement impairing skills, and very bad mobility for themselves. Plus, blocking.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Eles can’t do the same….
Only chance is using elite on 3 min CD, and the cast is long (i have no issues if the want to dlete even FGS 3 since its stupid anyway going into battle with an elite with the only purpose to flee).

*But the problem is worse…. We need some WWW balance"
Having only PvP balance have ruined the game enough.

Thieves mesmers and warriors are currently immortal
Zergs are 90% warriors and guardians (with few buffbot eles -.- that will be nerfed today).

Its becoming ridiculous.

P.S. an ele can t catch or stay in fight with neither a warrior or a thief… (see 90+% movement impairing condition reduction, or panic stealth button that cures everything break stun and teleport etc etc and stuff like that).
Once you are in fight you have to drop the fgs and then they start fleeing again…but you have 3 minutes CD

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I’ve noticed a lot of warriors using greatswords purely for the movement abilities. This happens mostly in WvW, but I’ve also seen it in sPvP.

Okay, so what’s the problem? The players who (ab)use these abilities have the option of ejecting themselves from a fight, with almost certainty that their enemies will not be able to catch them.

This seems to go completely against the philosophy of the warrior being the brave frontline damage dealers that they were designed to be.

Unfortunately these cowardly tactics are now very widespread in WvW. At least 50% of the roaming players that I’ve encountered in the past few weeks (bronze tier NA) are greatsword warriors who pick fights and then run away when they get below ~30% health. Even thieves who try to stealth away from a fight are less frustrating and easier to catch.

I recently heard a rumor that the movement abilities of warrior greatsword and elementalist fiery greatsword were being nerfed, but those changes do not appear to have been kept for the feature patch.

Can we please do something about this cowardly play style? It’s very frustrating when more than half of the people who pick a fight with you run away as soon as they start losing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I do hope it will get nooked.

I also have this issue in WvW and lets face it, classes should be kept in line, Warriors do not, and that is the problem.

Mentioned movement skills are really bad for all other classes. I couldn’t keep up as ranger with signet with 25% speed boost with extended range with my long bow after running away warrior who attacked me first.

Really that sucks now!

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Mentioned movement skills are really bad for all other classes. I couldn’t keep up as ranger with signet with 25% speed boost with extended range with my long bow after running away warrior who attacked me first.

Because he built for high mobility, and you didn’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Here are some direct quiotes from game play dev’s concerning profession mechanics.;
“Thief is designed to the profession that best controls the speed at which encounters are held…”

“Ele’s and engi’s are masters of diversity…”

“Ranger is the alpha pet handker profession…”

“Necro is designed to excel at manipulation..”

Memser game play is designed around confusing, dazzling and ultimately keeping the their opponent wondering.."

No where is it stated, or has it ever been stated who, or what is was meant to be the most agile and haste driven. So your claim that thief was meant to be the most mobile profession pretty much dies right there. Your designed allotment was driven by combat pace, not mobility pace. Just say’n.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

When it affects base stats, they should carry the logic through. A heavy armor class has higher base stats, therefore there should be a con to counteract that.

Male or female does not affect base stats, neither does how much flesh the armor shows, so that doesn’t bother me.

This game has nothing to do with your logic nor it should have. By your logic necro should be even more fail because they are huge chunk of meats with 30k hp and 15k ds hp but they are light class… I don’t see people crying over necros cause they are light and tanky.
Tankyness in this game and especially in pvp is not coming from pure natural stats but from overall design of the class.
Thats why best node protectors are guardian who happens to have base 10k hp and ranger who is medium armor.
How come guardian is best node protector? Because they have many blocks and lots of stability to help team stomp and heal in big fights, def not because they are heavy class and have high hp pool.
How come ranger is used to protect close or far? Because ranger build with lots of healing and many evasion is great for that, it has nothing to do with ranger hp or toughness…
There was famous ele build with forever regen + vigor and nobody could kill that class? Can u guess was it cause ele is light + low hp pool or cause class was designed that way?

Your logic never applied to this game, cause natural stats never mattered in that way. Tanky builds existed and still exist in different classes, swifty builds exist on different classes and it should stay that way. Stereotyping would only harm and limit build making especially for pvp.

Gunnar’s Hold

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Well the main reason I’m using a GS in pvp for one of my two weapons is to avoid zergs. People have to understand that GS, as a fighting weapon, is trash. Mobility IS its main purpose and thus, 1v1’ing is way way harder. If you force me to run away, making me abandon the cap, you won even if you didn’t kill me.

You asking for a nerf because you’re getting annoyed someone escaped in WvW is totally irrelevant. Fact is (and has always been): the game is balanced around Pvp and GS is fine, if not rather weak, in Pvp.

Agreed. If your chasing lone great sword warrior in WvW, your probably not doing anything remotely helpful for your server. All Pvp in this game revolves around holding nodes or keeps. It has never been about 1 vs 1 encounters.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Who cares about forest gump of gw?
By the time you log off he still spamming GS skills thinking player still chasing
There are several weird stuff in this game worse than that, but at the end seeing a warrior that must run away is even more fun.

i warrior that cannot kill…. hilarious.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

It still amazes me how a class that is decked out in heavy armor wielding a 2 handed great sword is more mobile than most of the light armor wearing classes (eles excluded here).

That. So much for the logic!:)

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Not frontline damage dealers anymore, due to player QQ. Anet nerfed the greatsword damage and adrenaline for the upcoming patch, so expect to see a lot more warriors hastily retreating.

rofl. Warriors now run away, because when they actually do damage they’re too op.

The adrenaline nerf is because Warriors never used their adrenaline attacks at all…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Lady Celtaine.3760

Lady Celtaine.3760

Warriors are masters of stealth and evasion.

Working as designed.

Wrong profession there buddy.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Cripple, Chill, Immobilize, Fear, Daze, Knockdown.

Mobile Strikes, Dogged March, Balanced Stance, Warhorn 4 and well most people are going to have – condi duration runes/food anyway.

Any old nike warrior is going to easily outrun those conditions you mention.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Who cares about forest gump of gw?
By the time you log off he still spamming GS skills thinking player still chasing
There are several weird stuff in this game worse than that, but at the end seeing a warrior that must run away is even more fun.

i warrior that cannot kill…. hilarious.

Since many seems to not understand how roaming works.

Lets pretend you are going to capture a camp not so near to your spawming point.
If you are a normal build takes a lot to reach it, then if you get spotted by passing players you have to flee or start again from the spawning point.

A warrior can for example keep you in fight for his friends to catch you and kill you.

If you are a warrior (and thief or even mesmer) instead you can flee at will, lose few seconds and come back when you want to finish the job.
Since defending the camp is not an option, not knowing if you will return or change target, nobody can prevent you from capturing camps.
And even if they manage it will take half time for you to get back from your spawn.

And this is only an aspect ot the OPness.

TL:DR
Playing a warrior/thief is like playing with save/reload opposed to play without if you play another profession.
For some reason its something that was nerfed into the ground for other professions.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

argue along the lines of balance, not that rp BS. “Hey, I am roleplaying a warrior who is truly not courageous at heart!” There you go.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Because.. shortbow..on thieves?
OP doesn’t seem to have a grasp of the classes. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

So… OP is complaining that he’s winning fights, but just not getting the kill?

If warriors get mobility nerfs, then they should get DPS or damage mitigation buffs to compensate for the inability to escape from a fight. Then we can have other complain about how warriors are OP and start the cycle all over again.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

With my Greatsword and Sword/Shield in WvW I feel like Micheal Jordan in his Prime time.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: VikingDrummer.8301

VikingDrummer.8301

DPS or damage mitigation buffs

Warriors already have more of these than pretty much any other class…

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

I found the offending Warrior. Here’s his pic.

Attachments:

“No, I don’t.”

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Cripple, Chill, Immobilize, Fear, Daze, Knockdown.

Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of all my Condition Immunity and Stability.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I main warrior in pve but as i have said they are underpowered in pvp aside from the hambow combo.

In wvw, warriors cant outrun my thief we have steal which teles us to the target, shadow step, we can pull them, we have number 2 of dagger which makes us extremely mobile. My rank in wvw is low atm maybe i never encountered good warriors as im only sitting on 450+. I doubt any good warriors will use gs in wvw anyway.

It is clearly learn to play because as a thief in 1v1 nobody can outrun me even eles with their teleport and ride the lightning.

I encountered a few warriors who uses sword number2 + gs skills in running away, they can move distance so fast but still not a problem as a thief. Maybe on other classes.

But gs alone? I dont think so.

Well if the thief dont use conditions or CC and the geography is plain, a warrior properly traited for running will run away. The thief has more mobility in general because it can move well in different terrains, situations, and in differents builds.

Of course if the thief have it in consideration and prepare for it, the probability of the warrior getting away is low.

That been said, preparation is basically the reason why most people have problem with mechanics like stealth, etc… Some things arent just go an hit, but can be easily surpassed with some thinking.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

lol at all people saying mobility is a staple of the warrior class, or to use soft cc’s. mobility is not a staple of a heavy. its bad design, just like giving all classes nearly equal damage but vastly different starting stats is bad design.

most warriors you encounter are basically soft cc immune, with dogged march, runes and food, simply as a by product of trying to survive this awful roaming condition meta.

there is no class that is going to catch a nike warrior, period. stop kidding yourselves.

is it a problem? meh. not right now. GS / S+X hasnt been a strong 1v1 weapon set. will it be tomorrow? maybe, with the buff to GS F1 who knows. If GS F1 becomes another eviscerate mechanic without a good “tell”, nike warriors could be the new broken evis build. if it has a good tell, then with the adrenaline changes its not so bad. wait until GS / S+X builds are widely considered OP before calling for nerfs. They are making some big trade offs with this weaponset.

its still freaking ridiculous that Ride the Lightning is on a 40second cooldown when looking at what warriors can do though.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Thieves can stealth out of combat and withdraw whenever they want. Annoys the crap out of me when I’m playing a Guardian.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Can we please do something about this cowardly play style? It’s very frustrating when more than half of the people who pick a fight with you run away as soon as they start losing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

Any player that has the capability to leave combat before death will do so if the player is smart. That’s true regardless of class. People will complain most about the class that has the best capability to leave combat, whichever class it is and how much skill is needed. So should players be able to disengage from combat at all? Yes, provided all classes have the capability to pursue with the right skills.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Every class has a way to slow/immobilize/knockdown. If you can’t kill them before they escape, then they escaped. That’s it. You are still alive as well, you’re both back to even. Move on.

If anything, him running away is better for your team because he probably left a teammate behind and/or left a control point for you to capture.

This isn’t CoD where you are trying to perfect your K/D ratio… You need to think strategically. If he wants to run away, don’t be stupid and chase him. Let him run while you continue to hold your point. Cowards only help your team. You should be praying for more bad warriors to join the enemy team.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Pandaman.4758

Point being that OP is just calling for a nerf of warrior mobility skills for no other reason than because he doesn’t like it. This isn’t a balance issue where warriors are doing too much damage, taking too little damage, or being unbeatable due to overpowered skill combination, it’s just some personal dislike for a build that’s specced for mobility being able to run away (which generally happens when they’re about to lose, so clearly doesn’t fall under the “unbeatable OP skill combo” category).

If the OP wants warrior mobility to be nerfed for personal reasons, then warrior staying power has to be buffed for balance reasons.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Tbh i dont see much people crying about warriors. They are pretty much in a bad place when it comes to pvp right now compared to other classes. If you are crying about warriors then clearly you will cry about every class you will encounter.

I think I love you.

If warrior is supposed to stick where they are, then they need guardian level sustain or ridiculous damage to compensate.

However, builds that enforce the latter are OP, and builds that enforce the former are OP.

Now being able to retreat is OP too?

If you want a free bag, just come out and say it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Point being that OP is just calling for a nerf of warrior mobility skills for no other reason than because he doesn’t like it. This isn’t a balance issue where warriors are doing too much damage, taking too little damage, or being unbeatable due to overpowered skill combination, it’s just some personal dislike for a build that’s specced for mobility being able to run away (which generally happens when they’re about to lose, so clearly doesn’t fall under the “unbeatable OP skill combo” category).

If the OP wants warrior mobility to be nerfed for personal reasons, then warrior staying power has to be buffed for balance reasons.

that is false logic. getting nerfed in one area doesnt necessarily justify the buff.

what keeps GS/S+X builds from being OP is a lack of CC compared to hammer or mace, and a lack of burst compared to axe.

saying that a mobility nerf justifies a staying power buff is rediculous. what about warriors that dont use those weapons, do they have poor staying power? not with healing signet, the highest health and armor in the game they dont.

lets just accept that the OP is wrong without coming up with crazyness about giving a class with brokenly strong sustain even more staying power.

If anything, him running away is better for your team because he probably left a teammate behind and/or left a control point for you to capture.

he is mostly talking about WvW.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

lol at all people saying mobility is a staple of the warrior class, or to use soft cc’s. mobility is not a staple of a heavy. its bad design, just like giving all classes nearly equal damage but vastly different starting stats is bad design.

Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

Sup. It makes sense that a person trained specifically to carry heavy armor and multiple weapons would be able to sprint at short intervals with it, rather than someone who has conditioned the mind for spells, etc.

meanwhile you can hack away at an elementalist in a skirt all day and not do a kitten thing.

As a warrior I would fight you all day like a rockhead if I had the sustain to do it. that seemed like it was the forte of my class. Now, since I need to use my head a bit more, I’m going to shamelessly retreat if the battle is not going my way, just like everyone else would. That’s not cowardice, that’s strategy.

A wise old guy with a cool mustache once said: "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight”.

Winning for me is not losing my bloodlust. If I cannot stomp you, Lol, reset.

It’s like people are implying "Wow, warriors sure need to use their brain once in a while, but if they’re clever or reasonable and decide to run away because they’re going to lose, they’re op! "

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Yeah!

Make the leap thing require a target or no leap kittens!

Warriors only “leap” is savage leap and is a 600 unit gap closer.

That is a one handed sword skill. Not a greatsword skill. You’re ignorance is forgiven however.

As per the OP. Let’s just agree to disagree. There are so many other classes that have greater mobility than the warrior if player that way. It’s just too many people haven’t caught on to the “Nike warrior” version for their class yet.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Lol! Want to talk about Heavy Armor class with mobility? As illogical as it seems… I’ll counter you with female characters that wear what seems to be completely nothing being able to tank more than male characters that look like they can hold back a moving train. This is a game. Logic isn’t here, sadly.

When it affects base stats, they should carry the logic through. A heavy armor class has higher base stats, therefore there should be a con to counteract that.

Male or female does not affect base stats, neither does how much flesh the armor shows, so that doesn’t bother me.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. My zerker guardian, a heavy class, has the exact same vitality as my medium armor thief. It’s not armor that affects vitality and toughness, it’s the stats you choose on that weight class.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Lol! Want to talk about Heavy Armor class with mobility? As illogical as it seems… I’ll counter you with female characters that wear what seems to be completely nothing being able to tank more than male characters that look like they can hold back a moving train. This is a game. Logic isn’t here, sadly.

If you’re going to argue logic, you cannot just cherry pick the logic that benefits your arguments.

if there is to be a con to heavy armor class, there should be a con to light armor class vs. heavy class weapons, and a con to the type of armor you choose to wear as well.

You’re also speaking like heavy armor classes being perpetually visible and having crippled downed states are not cons.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

LOL! I guess CC IS dead in PvP/WvW!

CC was dead on Warriors AGES ago.

Fact is warriors can spec for so much CC removal that trying to keep on in any given place with CC or conditions is laughable. This is all while still decked out in Zerk gear for supreme facerolling.

All that being said, there are still ways to get them to go down. If all they are set to do is run away though, then you can go all Jason Voorhees on them and just whittle them down until you spike them or make them go to a different map. Anet isn’t going to fix these issues with Warriors since they have been around since launch. Sure the adrenaline thing will be nice, but given how quickly you can get it back as a warrior it really won’t matter in the long run.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

As a greatsword warrior, I feel deeply insulted reading this. I am one of the foremost players in the group to keep the enemies busy, allowing my party members safety. During WvW I am on the front row hacking away on my enemies, raring to give my life if it means safety and success for the group.

If you feel this way about them, then that’s fine. But I would be heavily insulted if my mobility would be reduced because of your envy.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Pandaman.4758

that is false logic. getting nerfed in one area doesnt necessarily justify the buff.

what keeps GS/S+X builds from being OP is a lack of CC compared to hammer or mace, and a lack of burst compared to axe.

saying that a mobility nerf justifies a staying power buff is rediculous. what about warriors that dont use those weapons, do they have poor staying power? not with healing signet, the highest health and armor in the game they dont.

lets just accept that the OP is wrong without coming up with crazyness about giving a class with brokenly strong sustain even more staying power.

I’m just saying if something gets nerfed for non-balancing reasons, that’s going to leave a class unbalanced, therefore something else has to be buffed to compensate; in this case if the OP wants warriors who are specced for mobility to be nerfed to not have that mobility just because he’s annoyed about his victories, then their staying power has to be buffed to compensate.

And yes, that’s going to make the builds that don’t spec for mobility overpowered. Such is the result of calling for shortsighted nerfs.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

CC was dead on Warriors AGES ago.

Fact is warriors can spec for so much CC removal that trying to keep on in any given place with CC or conditions is laughable. This is all while still decked out in Zerk gear for supreme facerolling.

All that being said, there are still ways to get them to go down. If all they are set to do is run away though, then you can go all Jason Voorhees on them and just whittle them down until you spike them or make them go to a different map. Anet isn’t going to fix these issues with Warriors since they have been around since launch. Sure the adrenaline thing will be nice, but given how quickly you can get it back as a warrior it really won’t matter in the long run.

Just a note, Warriors were sandbags at launch. They got good around April last year.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m just saying if something gets nerfed for non-balancing reasons, that’s going to leave a class unbalanced, therefore something else has to be buffed to compensate; in this case if the OP wants warriors who are specced for mobility to be nerfed to not have that mobility just because he’s annoyed about his victories, then their staying power has to be buffed to compensate.

And yes, that’s going to make the builds that don’t spec for mobility overpowered. Such is the result of calling for shortsighted nerfs.

This is my view.

And while overpowered staying power would be the result of this, that is pretty much the point.

You don’t want -any- warrior to spec for running away? then the logical counterbalance is to make their close combat fight more effective.

do you really wanna do that?

Or are you going to say “No running, no hard hitting”?

Cause guardian is right over there.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Just because you fail at chasing someone who is about to die makes you an even bigger loser.

No other class can keep up with them, only another greatsword warrior can (or an ele with FGS, but only until that runs out). I mainly play guardian, and even with “Save Yourselves!”, “Retreat!”, a full set of Traveler’s runes, and a scepter to immobilize, I can’t keep up.

What has armor class got anything to do with mobility???

I believe mage is referring to the (lack of) realism of the players carrying around the most extra weight being the fastest.

I suppose I should also mention that they all seem to bring Dolyak Signet and Dogged March.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

^ then you do something wrong sir.
Thief can catch warrior easily and doesn’t require Shadowstep utility.
Mesmers can catch warriors.
Guardians with teleport can do as well.

If warriors tend to escape from you, then you simply gave them an opening to flee.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I believe mage is referring to the (lack of) realism of the players carrying around the most extra weight being the fastest.

Warriors and Guardians would have gone through intense conditioning though, wouldn’t they? After backpacking 30 miles over three days, I stopped noticing the backpack. They would’ve been training for longer and get to the point where they function normally while being weighed down.