Cowardly Warriors

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Every class can escape from fights easely except necromancers. This thread is more than pointless.

Guaranteed escape :

- ranger sword leaps + perma swiftness, invul
- thief stealth / port
- mesmer stealth/port / invul/ blocks
- engi stealth , blocks, leaps , invul ,perma swiftness
- Ele invul, port, block, leaps ( charges)
- Guard invul, block , leaps

Literally every class can be a" coward "except necro unless they use plague form.

None of those are guaranteed escapes. Your argument doesn’t make any sense, because you can’t have every class be faster than all of the others, but I’ll address each of your points anyway. I won’t bother addressing blocks or invulnerability, since neither helps you escape combat, only to survive a bit longer.

• Ranger sword leaps are terrible for escaping and they can only achieve permanent swiftness (which isn’t a problem anyway, since most classes can) with Runes of the Centaur.
  • Thieves can stealth and run away very easily. This makes them the second best class at getting away, but if you’re good, you can catch most of them by disrupting their stealth or predicting their actions. (I have a high success rate for killing thieves who try to stealth to get away.)
  • Mesmers are the slowest class in the game. They have some stealth, but none that lasts more than 3-5 seconds. Portals can be useful for escaping, but they’re also extremely predictable and have a long cooldown.
  • Engis have very little stealth, 3 seconds of stealth on a 60 second cooldown,
  • Elementalists do not have portals and have few leaps. Their biggest asset for escaping is fiery greatsword, which is an elite and has a 180 second recharge. This can make them as fast as greatsword warriors, but only sometimes, and at the cost of an elite skill.
  • Guardians have some leaps and swiftness. I main guardian, and it’s not nearly enough to keep up with warriors.
  • Necromancers have a few shadowsteps and can maintain permanent swiftness rather easily, but have nothing to help them move faster than that.

Based on your focus on blocking and invulnerability, and claiming that mesmers and rangers are better at escaping than necromancers, I’m not sure you understand the topic.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

The mobility on warrior is suppose to be for gap closing. Being able to escape is more of a a side effect

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The mobility on warrior is suppose to be for gap closing. Being able to escape is more of a a side effect

Says who?

I must have missed the dev note that says using rush to move in any direction that isn’t directly toward an enemy is a bug.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Says who?

I must have missed the dev note that says using rush to move in any direction that isn’t directly toward an enemy is a bug.

It wasn’t a bug for ride the lighting to not target a player. They did end up changing it to a longer cool down if u didn’t hit a player and the might with gs 5 too

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

And actually I could add skill for every class.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Warriors are masters of stealth and evasion.

Working as designed.

Wrong profession there buddy.

*cough* *cough*

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Hmmm have you ever seen a Thief? Try catching a pro Thief and tell me how it goes… Highly likely with you dead and they full life. Want to know how? Apply conditions on you, shadow step away… reset fight…. come back with full life while conditions still ticking off your life, then blast you again.

The Warrior class deserves this… unlike most, they have to step up to their target to strike them (unless LB or number 4 with GS). Other than that, their hundred blade won’t do anything a mile away from their target. They should be able to rush/dash in toward their enemy when desired.

The damage from Hundred Blades or thief condition damage is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

As for killing thieves in WvW, I’ve gotten good at predicting and killing them, even if they do stealth. It may be hard to kill a stealth thief, but it’s impossible to kill a warrior who is suddenly way out of your range.

You wont catch a thief is he has even a bit of skill

I kill at least 75% of thieves who try to stealth away from me in WvW. I catch maybe 10% of cowardly warriors.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Are you really whining about warrior mobility? That’s the staple of the class! Thieves have stealth, mesmers have clones, ranger has a pet, and so on warriors have mobility and high damage that is the point of the class, your argument is invalid, learn to play the game and then you won’t complain about these things.

Please site one source where Anet claims that mobility is supposed to the the staple of the warrior class.

When others are trying to discuss balance, “L2P” is not a useful comment.

there is nothing wrong with this.

this is working as intended.

this is a learn to play issue as some players refuse to equip themselves with movement impairing skills yet, they believe they have the right to come here to whine and bicker about their inability to get something done.

I run a guardian with 7 superior runes of the traveler (yes, even my aquabreather has one), “Save Yourselves!”, “Retreat!”, and I have trait points in Virtues (which increases swiftness duration). My typical weapon skills include a pull and an immobilize. All of this isn’t even nearly enough to keep up with a greatsword warrior with swiftness.

Again, “L2P” is not a useful comment. Before telling others to “learn to play”, you should educate yourself about what you’re talking about. I recommend starting with Dogged March, Mobile Strikes, Dolyak Signet, and Berserker Stance.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Are you really whining about warrior mobility? That’s the staple of the class! Thieves have stealth, mesmers have clones, ranger has a pet, and so on warriors have mobility and high damage that is the point of the class, your argument is invalid, learn to play the game and then you won’t complain about these things.

Please site one source where Anet claims that mobility is supposed to the the staple of the warrior class.

Challenge accepted.

lol at all people saying mobility is a staple of the warrior class, or to use soft cc’s. mobility is not a staple of a heavy. its bad design, just like giving all classes nearly equal damage but vastly different starting stats is bad design.

Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

rematch?

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Can we please do something about this cowardly play style? It’s very frustrating when more than half of the people who pick a fight with you run away as soon as they start losing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I feel so much dumber for having read this statement…

Classes are classes and people will play them how they want. Trying to force them into a playstyle means absolutely destroying the class for most of the population.

Also you can do something about warriors running away, it’s called cripple, it’s called immobilize, it’s called chill, it’s called stun, it’s called knock down, it’s called knockback. So before you start complaining about not being able to do anything about warriors running away how about you really use the tools at your disposal.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Also you can do something about warriors running away, it’s called cripple, it’s called immobilize, it’s called chill, it’s called stun, it’s called knock down, it’s called knockback. So before you start complaining about not being able to do anything about warriors running away how about you really use the tools at your disposal.

It’s called Dolyak Signet, it’s called Balanced Stance, it’s called Dogged March, it’s called Mobile Strikes, it’s called Lemongrass Poultry Soup.

I do hit enemies who try to run away with immobilize and often a pull. Unfortunately, against these builds, immobilize lasts less than 1 second, and the pull does nothing because of stability.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

+1 Vote for “coward build” with new Warrior nerfs

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Because.. shortbow..on thieves?
OP doesn’t seem to have a grasp of the classes. :\

I have a level 80 character of each class. Heartseeker (thief dagger 2, for those of you who don’t know the weapon skill names) actually gives more overall movement than Infiltrator’s Arrow (thief short bow 5). Despite that, Whirlwind Attack (warrior greatsword 3) and Rush (warrior greatsword 5) provide more movement when the warrior has the Forceful Greatsword trait.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

So… OP is complaining that he’s winning fights, but just not getting the kill?

If warriors get mobility nerfs, then they should get DPS or damage mitigation buffs to compensate for the inability to escape from a fight. Then we can have other complain about how warriors are OP and start the cycle all over again.

Not exactly. Rather, I’m complaining that there’s a playstyle that isn’t fun for anyone that is quickly coming to dominate roaming in WvW. It probably isn’t even fun for these warriors, because they just keep losing fights and running away. No one is saying that warriors should be “unable to escape from a fight”, just that they shouldn’t have weapon skills that allow them to escape any enemy under any circumstances.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

So… OP is complaining that he’s winning fights, but just not getting the kill?

If warriors get mobility nerfs, then they should get DPS or damage mitigation buffs to compensate for the inability to escape from a fight. Then we can have other complain about how warriors are OP and start the cycle all over again.

Not exactly. Rather, I’m complaining that there’s a playstyle that isn’t fun for anyone that is quickly coming to dominate roaming in WvW. It probably isn’t even fun for these warriors, because they just keep losing fights and running away. No one is saying that warriors should be “unable to escape from a fight”, just that they shouldn’t have weapon skills that allow them to escape any enemy under any circumstances.

being targetable 100% while running away hardly lends itself to escape “under any circumstances.”

With thieves being able to reset Warrior adrenaline at will now, we are going to need those dashes I LOVE BEING UNDERDOG.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Any player that has the capability to leave combat before death will do so if the player is smart. That’s true regardless of class. People will complain most about the class that has the best capability to leave combat, whichever class it is and how much skill is needed. So should players be able to disengage from combat at all? Yes, provided all classes have the capability to pursue with the right skills.

I agree completely.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

being targetable 100% while running away hardly lends itself to escape “under any circumstances.”

With thieves being able to reset Warrior adrenaline at will now, we are going to need those dashes I LOVE BEING UNDERDOG.

Greatsword warriors almost never use their adrenaline skill anyway, so that has no bearing on this topic (although it is a good point about the adrenaline change).

Being targetable doesn’t matter when you can suddenly put 3000 distance between yourself and the other player, while essentially being immune to all CC and conditions.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

As a greatsword warrior, I feel deeply insulted reading this. I am one of the foremost players in the group to keep the enemies busy, allowing my party members safety. During WvW I am on the front row hacking away on my enemies, raring to give my life if it means safety and success for the group.

If you feel this way about them, then that’s fine. But I would be heavily insulted if my mobility would be reduced because of your envy.

You shouldn’t be offended. I’m not saying all greatsword warriors are cowards, I’m saying the ones that are shouldn’t be given the ability to suddenly escape any enemy whenever they feel like it, regardless of how that enemy is specced.

I bolded the sentence that shows you clearly don’t fit into the category of “cowardly warriors”.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

You know whats an interrupt? or cripple? or chill? those kill that kind of mobility.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Challenge accepted.

lol at all people saying mobility is a staple of the warrior class, or to use soft cc’s. mobility is not a staple of a heavy. its bad design, just like giving all classes nearly equal damage but vastly different starting stats is bad design.

Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

rematch?

Sure.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Hmmm have you ever seen a Thief? Try catching a pro Thief and tell me how it goes… Highly likely with you dead and they full life. Want to know how? Apply conditions on you, shadow step away… reset fight…. come back with full life while conditions still ticking off your life, then blast you again.

The Warrior class deserves this… unlike most, they have to step up to their target to strike them (unless LB or number 4 with GS). Other than that, their hundred blade won’t do anything a mile away from their target. They should be able to rush/dash in toward their enemy when desired.

The damage from Hundred Blades or thief condition damage is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

As for killing thieves in WvW, I’ve gotten good at predicting and killing them, even if they do stealth. It may be hard to kill a stealth thief, but it’s impossible to kill a warrior who is suddenly way out of your range.

suddenly way out of your range.

SUDDENLY???

Thats the point.. you will always SEE where or what the warrior is doing …
So if you play well you shouldnt have any trouble.

Whirlwind Attack + Rush can put about 2000 distance between you in under two seconds, and both have fairly short recharges. Combined with stability, immunity to conditions, and permanent swiftness, please tell me how you would stop that warrior from getting away, as any other class (or even a non-greatsword warrior).

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

suddenly way out of your range.

SUDDENLY???

Thats the point.. you will always SEE where or what the warrior is doing …
So if you play well you shouldnt have any trouble.

Whirlwind Attack + Rush can put about 2000 distance between you in under two seconds, and both have fairly short recharges. Combined with stability, immunity to conditions, and permanent swiftness, please tell me how you would stop that warrior from getting away, as any other class (or even a non-greatsword warrior).

What class are you playing as?

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Ok, I’m caught up on responses for now. Sorry for the barrage of replies, I’m just trying to address everyone’s counter-points or misunderstandings. I feel like I may be feeding a few trolls, but there’s plenty of constructive feedback too.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

What class are you playing as?

Guardian is my main, but I have a level 80 of each class.

Quoting myself for some detail:

I run a guardian with 7 superior runes of the traveler (yes, even my aquabreather has one), “Save Yourselves!”, “Retreat!”, and I have trait points in Virtues (which increases swiftness duration). My typical weapon skills include a pull and an immobilize.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Challenge accepted.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

rematch?

Sure.

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

Good form.

But how about:

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Lame post is lame.

Speed/mobility is a damage mitigation option for warriors, so is cc and so is high damage pressure. Other classes have their own (sometimes semi-unique) mitigation options.

Are you seriously kittened that you can’t catch these warriors? Others have already explained how to catch them, and you should know the warrior that’s gone Nascar has sacrificed other things to do it… like any build/class in the game.

And it goes against the “philosophy” of playing warrior… srly?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

It still amazes me how a class that is decked out in heavy armor wielding a 2 handed great sword is more mobile than most of the light armor wearing classes (eles excluded here).

It amazes me Thieves in med armour are the games ultra heavy duty evasion tanks.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Good form.

But how about:

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere with this, but it’s (surprisingly) fun nonetheless.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Good form.

But how about:

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere with this, but it’s (surprisingly) fun nonetheless.

The entertainment value is through the roof.

Seeing as how I’ve run out of things to bold I guess you win , but technically you are still in combat when you’re running away so….

Maybe that works both ways? idk.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Others have already explained how to catch them, and you should know the warrior that’s gone Nascar has sacrificed other things to do it… like any build/class in the game.

And none of those who claim things like “just cripple or CC them” can explain how you’re supposed to do that to a warrior with stability who is immune to conditions.

Yes, cowardly warriors sacrifice a lot of damage in order to run away unconditionally. No one is claiming that they’re overpowered, that’s not what this post is about.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

— GuildWars2.com Warrior

The entertainment value is through the roof.

Seeing as how I’ve run out of things to bold I guess you win , but technically you are still in combat when you’re running away so….

Maybe that works both ways? idk.

You did find a quote the seems to imply that speed is a warrior specialty. I’m not sure if they meant speed as in running toward your target or speed as in reacting to your targets attacks before they hit you, though. Let’s call it a draw.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Others have already explained how to catch them, and you should know the warrior that’s gone Nascar has sacrificed other things to do it… like any build/class in the game.

And none of those who claim things like “just cripple or CC them” can explain how you’re supposed to do that to a warrior with stability who is immune to conditions.

Yes, cowardly warriors sacrifice a lot of damage in order to run away unconditionally. No one is claiming that they’re overpowered, that’s not what this post is about.

What should we do if outnumbered? I’d like to hear your thoughts as to how being able to flee that far, that fast would be anything short of necessary for wars that were not specced for bunker when confronted with odd numbers?

I’ve started using GS in pvp, and I am all too happy to #5 right the kitten off of a point if a zerg/group comes to pick up my opponent. Much of the time, I still get expertly snagged and melt before I can even get away, even specced for condi clear.

While I am disappointed in your unsatisfying opponent, I should not have to have my escape culled just because of roaming warriors that have eyes bigger than their stomach, if you get what I mean.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

What should we do if outnumbered? I’d like to hear your thoughts as to how being able to flee that far, that fast would be anything short of necessary for wars that were not specced for bunker when confronted with odd numbers?

I’ve started using GS in pvp, and I am all too happy to #5 right the kitten off of a point if a zerg/group comes to pick up my opponent. Much of the time, I still get expertly snagged and melt before I can even get away, even specced for condi clear.

While I am disappointed in your unsatisfying opponent, I should not have to have my escape culled just because of roaming warriors that have eyes bigger than their stomach, if you get what I mean.

I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with running away when you see trouble coming. I just find it wrong that one class can use a certain partial build to become unstoppable and uncatchable if they suddenly want to run away from combat.

I’ve only seen two or three players actually do this in PvP, it’s most common in WvW. The players who do this in PvP typically just kite any enemies who try to kite them in circles around the map, while decapping any point they find unattended.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with running away when you see trouble coming. I just find it wrong that one class can use a certain partial build to become unstoppable and uncatchable if they suddenly want to run away from combat.

I’ve only seen two or three players actually do this in PvP, it’s most common in WvW. The players who do this in PvP typically just kite any enemies who try to kite them in circles around the map, while decapping any point they find unattended.

I understand this, but seeing as how warriors are perpetually visible and lack stealth, clones, or RTL/mistform to pretty much negate damage when they are retreating, I don’t think there’s any way that you could force roaming warriors to be catchable if they decide to retreat without gutting warriors that have a valid reason to run as well.

I don’t think you should be tethering “cowardly” to “warriors” in this respect. there was a cowardly player that happened to be a warrior, that burned his whole utility bar to get away from you.

Iiits a shame that he got away. As a Warr, I can hunt people like that down because I tend to have a higher swiftness uptime than most warrs. I’d count a heavy class retreating a bagless victory though, or start saving spike damage for the inevitable run.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

I understand this, but seeing as how warriors are perpetually visible and lack stealth, clones, or RTL/mistform to pretty much negate damage when they are retreating, I don’t think there’s any way that you could force roaming warriors to be catchable if they decide to retreat without gutting warriors that have a valid reason to run as well.

I don’t think you should be tethering “cowardly” to “warriors” in this respect. there was a cowardly player that happened to be a warrior, that burned his whole utility bar to get away from you.

Iiits a shame that he got away. As a Warr, I can hunt people like that down because I tend to have a higher swiftness uptime than most warrs. I’d count a heavy class retreating a bagless victory though, or start saving spike damage for the inevitable run.

I roam in WvW a lot, and about 50% of the players I’ve encountered in the past two weeks have been greatsword warriors specced specifically to run away. These players just pick fights and then run away from them. That’s what I mean by a “cowardly warrior” (in case that somehow wasn’t clear).

An enemy player being visible or unable to negate damage doesn’t help you catch them if they’re out of range of any of your skills. I added some more detail regarding their setups to my OP to help clarify:

Since I only mentioned the greatsword part of these builds, the situation wasn’t fully clear. In addition to the greatsword, these builds use some combination of these:
Dolyak Signet (stability and stun break)
Balanced Stance (swiftness, stability, and stun break)
Berserker Stance (condition immunity)
Signet of Rage (swiftness)
Mobile Strikes (movement skills remove immobilize)
Dogged March (-33% duration of movement impeding conditions)
Superior Rune of Melandru (-25% condition duration and -25% stun duration)
Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup (-40% condition duration)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

OP you say warriors are cowards for running away. I say that guardians are cowards for building to be immortal (super tanky.) Nothing is more demoralizing than getting a guardian to 40% and then have them heal completely back up with a single heal skill or with meditations. Interrupt their heals you say, but how can you that when you used all of your attacks to get them to that 40%. Poison them you say, uhhh yeah.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

To brave or to default are both valid strategies.
Don’t let the mental webs make you a worse player, this is a game, the bishop is not more brave or coward because it moves diagonally.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

OP you say warriors are cowards for running away. I say that guardians are cowards for building to be immortal (super tanky.) Nothing is more demoralizing than getting a guardian to 40% and then have them heal completely back up with a single heal skill or with meditations. Interrupt their heals you say, but how can you that when you used all of your attacks to get them to that 40%. Poison them you say, uhhh yeah.

He isnt talking about all warriors, just a note. Just those who have dedicated themselves to being annoying mosquitoes.

That chess reference was stellar though.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

The idea that someone “isn’t brave” because they ran from a losing fight is stupid at best.

That’s like saying that you aren’t brave if you jump out of the way of a car that is barreling at you.

A player that escapes a fight they were losing is a player that was smart enough and capable enough to escape from you. They failed to win the fight, but you failed to finish them.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

The idea that someone “isn’t brave” because they ran from a losing fight is stupid at best.

That’s like saying that you aren’t brave if you jump out of the way of a car that is barreling at you.

A player that escapes a fight they were losing is a player that was smart enough and capable enough to escape from you. They failed to win the fight, but you failed to finish them.

He’s making the argument that it is impossible to finish them due to them being steeped in condi dura – and stuffed to the gills with Melandru runes.

That being said, and while I understand that, there is no valid nerf that could be made that won’t affect warriors that -do not- fit that spec.

I’m sorry his prey got away, but~ cant ask that they move slower.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

Aye, I understand.

However…

… saying they are “cowardly” is quite incorrect.
… seeing how such warriors do die in 1v1s in WvW … what’s are the variables? ;-)

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

“Warriors that now retreat from battle where they are not outnumbered drop loot bags and gain 1min of [dishonorable].”

fixed.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

You can’t ignore who they got away from.

“When a warrior retreats from battle, they receive a new pair of running shoes while the player they escaped from receives another doughnut”

Who are you to decide what is “honorable”. Should we go back to people standing in lines across open fields shooting at each other? That used to be “honorable” warfare in real-life. Then people got smart.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

The thing many don’t understand about WvW, is that death there isn’t just “a shame”, you have to actually go back to a wp, and the map is big, you lose time, which is the most valuable resource in there, being able to be on the spot when needed. So if running away lets you live for another battle, that’s a smart choice. The opposite is when some warriors just jump into their death, and stay there waiting for a res.

Warriors tend to be very prideful people (most I’ve met at least), so calling them cowards for using one of the few strengths of the class in terms of tactics, is low.
I’m a more cold hearted warrior, if running away serves me to go back and finish the gank, so be it, even when they whisper me after, I just do my stuff and move on.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

I’m more of a Mesmer. I play dirty. Winning is winning. Didn’t kill me? I didn’t kill you? Sounds like a tie to me :-p

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

You can’t ignore who they got away from.

“When a warrior retreats from battle, they receive a new pair of running shoes while the player they escaped from receives another doughnut”

Who are you to decide what is “honorable”. Should we go back to people standing in lines across open fields shooting at each other? That used to be “honorable” warfare in real-life. Then people got smart.

I was just kidding, eassy now~

“Retreating from battle 10,000 times with GS” = “God Running Away from Mere Mortals” Title.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

This isnt limited to Warriors, though they are (along with theives) the ones who do it the most.

Really though… This is a community thing, not a balance thing. Maybe Warriors mobility is too much and could be toned down, but without a SERIOUS round of nerfbatting to pretty much every leap, teleport and stealth skill in the game, some people will always be able to escape if they want to. It’s sad that people feel the need to do this rather than having a proper fair fight to the death, but I am not sure theres much ANet can do about it.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

if i die in s/tpvp i get a long-ish respawn timer and 5 points to the enemy.

if i die in wvw i might be unable to do whatever other stuff i was doing (scouting, supply running, joining a zerg, whatever, admittedly it’s less impactful than pvp)

why would anyone stay and die given the option not to?

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

It’s a “fair fight”. The guy who escaped from it escaped using the rules of the game … unless they used some hack to magically fly away.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

So if u nerf the gs mobility then how is a warrior suppose to land a melee hit against most ranged classes?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend