Cowardly Warriors

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I roam in WvW a lot, and about 50% of the players I’ve encountered in the past two weeks have been greatsword warriors specced specifically to run away. These players just pick fights and then run away from them. That’s what I mean by a “cowardly warrior” (in case that somehow wasn’t clear).

I roam in WvW a lot, and about 50% of the players I’ve encountered in the past two weeks have been greatsword warriors specced specifically to run away.

50% of the players I’ve encountered

This is the part I realized the OP is kind of full of it. 50% of the players you encountered over the last two weeks have all been one spec of one class specifically made to run away? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…

And I’m sure their get aways work 60% of the time, every time… by Odeon.

Fact is I’m fairly certain I could get away from the OP on a thief or mes with stealth, a ranger, guard or engi using leaps, stealths and teleports as they apply (not sure about a necro). You’ve just chosen to zero all your angst and frustration on warriors because they seem to be the ones that have the easiest time doing this. But have you ever thought that perhaps you might be running a low mobility high damage spec yourself so it’s natural that you can’t catch them? I’m just saying that if a mobility specced warrior chooses to run from my necro or mesmer they’re most likely going to get away and I’m fine with it. Why? Because they’re no threat if they choose to try to engage me, I’ve chosen to do one thing well, they’ve chosen something else, different specs can do different things well, that’s what makes this game interesting.

Until I see powdered wigs and muskets I think it’s fine that we don’t all line up and fight each other till we fall over.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

+1 for the guy above me..

if OP thinks warrior using GS to get away is too much, he obviously haven’t encounter a thief that can stealth blind and stealth infinite to get away, not to mention using short-bow to shadow step to ridiculous places where no one else can reach(why aren’t Anet nerfing this?)…

being a warrior isn’t about face tanking everything… if they can do that and still win fights, I don’t see any point in creating other classes…

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

And none of those who claim things like “just cripple or CC them” can explain how you’re supposed to do that to a warrior with stability who is immune to conditions.

Yes, cowardly warriors sacrifice a lot of damage in order to run away unconditionally. No one is claiming that they’re overpowered, that’s not what this post is about.

Warriors are immune to conditions for 8s using Berserker Stance (if equipped), which is on a 60s CD and should have long been used if they actually engaged the fight and stayed until losing. Similarly, stability skills last 8s and are on either a 40 or 60s CD. If they’ve held back 2/3 of their utilities on the off chance they’ll need them to escape, it’s no wonder these warriors are losing their fights.

Can some warriors disengage and be difficult to catch? Sure. Are they uncatchable? Nope, not if you’ve built in some hustle, various snares or cc, boon stripping, or otherwise have a fairly good handle on positioning. Are they the only ones that can disengage to similar effect? Uh uh (stealth, clones, teleports, leaps, run skills, etc).

As others have implied, if you can’t catch them it’s because you haven’t built for the task. You’ve sacrificed sufficient mobility or control, probably to pump damage or tankiness, whereas these warriors have done the reverse. I’ll bet they’re also really good at running down their enemies when their enemies try to retreat from them.

What this post is about is QQ that speedy warriors sometimes make it difficult to claim loot bags from them. Saying it goes against the “philosophy” of being a warrior is just lame.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The adrenaline changes are actually something that does nerf your garden variety “coward” warrior, which I think was a better way of going about it than hacking away at their mobility on two of their weapons.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

maybe he only met 2 opponents, and 1 was a GS warrior?

would make 50% just right

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

The adrenaline changes are actually something that does nerf your garden variety “coward” warrior, which I think was a better way of going about it than hacking away at their mobility on two of their weapons.

…how? If anything, it’ll make the warriors he’s describing more likely to run away. Their ability to break combat and run is completely unaffected by the changes to adrenaline.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

…how? If anything, it’ll make the warriors he’s describing more likely to run away. Their ability to break combat and run is completely unaffected by the changes to adrenaline.

Again, he isnt talking about mere mobility. He’s talking about ridiculous gtfo-mobility coupled with apparently heavy condi mitigation.

I can understand that is annoying, but some people will do that. Just like incredibly crafty thieves that vanish completely at 30% and you never find them unless they want you to.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

How to play roaming warrior:

1) Engage.
2) pop yours invulnerabilities and spam CC and damage like no tomorrow.
3) invul ending: Are you winning? finish him. Are you losing? Run away and wait for CD.
4) Is he dead? No = repeat.

Warrior with IN COMBAT GAP CLOSER mobility is fine, the problem is the GTFO mobility. Anet should fix this like they fix the hammerbow build with that well deserved huge damage nerf.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

How to play roaming warrior:

1) Engage.
2) pop yours invulnerabilities and spam CC and damage like no tomorrow.
3) invul ending: Are you winning? finish him. Are you losing? Run away and wait for CD.
4) Is he dead? No = repeat.

Warrior with IN COMBAT GAP CLOSER mobility is fine, the problem is the GTFO mobility. Anet should fix this like they fix the hammerbow build with that well deserved huge damage nerf.

the problem is being unable to be snagged while gtfo-mobility. You can see the warrior running off, and that is good enough to pre-snag him. obviously he will be coming back unless he gets cold feet, so you may even have multiple opportunities.

The issue comes in where snagging a warrior out of rush or leap becomes impossible due to heavy condi dura – .

could easily be solved by a nerf to food-melandru.

although, judging by how Anet made Rampage pretty much a 30 second gtfo button, it isnt like they’re dropping hints that warriors shouldn’t be able to retreat so easily.

Diving in and gutting warrior mobility will probably make 2v1 fights against warriors almost always losing battles (losing by which I mean the warrior will certainly die).
Can’t punish the whole class cause some have adopted a hit and run strategy.

Thieves do that all the time, by the way. Why can’t warriors?

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Again, he isnt talking about mere mobility. He’s talking about ridiculous gtfo-mobility coupled with apparently heavy condi mitigation.

While the changes to adrenaline definitely affect the value of Cleansing Ire (for condi removal), warriors on the run aren’t really in a position to use it since (1) you need to hit a target to get the cleanse, unless you’re using longbow, (2) if you’re using longbow, you’re not hard to catch, and (3) if you hit a target when trying to escape you only prolong the slow down for being in combat.

There were no adrenaline benefits for warriors escaping combat, except the very small leap some would get using hammer or axe, which aren’t running weapons. The changes to adrenaline make it less likely you’ll make any burst, whether in combat or out (and bursts aren’t useful for running).

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

While the changes to adrenaline definitely affect the value of Cleansing Ire (for condi removal), warriors on the run aren’t really in a position to use it since (1) you need to hit a target to get the cleanse, unless you’re using longbow, (2) if you’re losing longbow, you’re not hard to catch, and (3) if you hit a target when trying to escape you only prolong the slow down for being in combat.

There were no adrenaline benefits for warriors escaping combat, except the very small leap some would get using hammer or axe, which aren’t running weapons. The changes to adrenaline make it less likely you’ll make any burst, whether in combat or out (and bursts aren’t useful for running).

Not ire.

Melandru.

Lemon soup.

shake it off.

Dolyak, balanced stance

yknow. the auto things that you can just press to be immune to crowd control.

Although I probably brought the wrong idea to you by saying condi mitigation.

Let me rephrase. Mobility isn’t the issue.

mobility while ignoring fear, knockback, knockdown, immob, cripple, chill, or daze is, to the OP. Condi Clear addresses most of the things that last more than a second (fear, daze) and stances / shake it off address knockdown, so I have a bad habit of lumping them together.

To me, it isn’t an issue, let me note that. If you want to spec to ignore every last condition or crowd control applied to you for the sole purpose of running, go nuts. This appears to be a pebble in OP’s shoe though, because warriors pick fights with him, see they can’t win, and then retreat immediately, but he can’t catch them because his snags wont work on them, and he only has a couple of seconds to do so before they put 3000 distance between themselves and him.

Understandably infuriating. Can’t do anything about it without hurting the warriors that don’t do that, though.

I’d think of it like a shark attack and let it go. If you live, you win. you just don’t..yknow, get its head to mount on a wall or anything.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

I can chase warriors fine. Its a L2P issue. You have to time your CC’s

Majority of the QQ threads on forums are L2p issues.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

People fail to mention that gs is about the worst wvw spec avaliable

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Not ire….

Dude, the guy I was responding to on the bit you quoted from me specifically said the changes to adrenaline nerfed the “cowardly” warrior. I’m saying the changes to adrenaline have no connection to the issue the OP is bringing up.

You’re not in the conversation you think you’re in. You and I seem to agree regarding the irrelevancy of the OPs original point… he’s annoyed that he can’t do something he wants (grab loot off of mobile warriors), but it’s just narrowly focussed QQ.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Only if you can’t track while swinging it.

I’ve had lots of success with it vs thieves.

It’s not filled with cc like hammer, but it works.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Not ire….

Dude, the guy I was responding to on the bit you quoted from me specifically said the changes to adrenaline nerfed the “cowardly” warrior. I’m saying the changes to adrenaline have no connection to the issue the OP is bringing up.

You’re not in the conversation you think you’re in.

wups ~ I must be tired. My mistake.

But you did quote me, actually. Maybe not as tired as I thought.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

wups ~ I must be tired. My mistake.

But you did quote me, actually. Maybe not as tired as I thought.

It’s all good, but I only quoted you when replying to you. My original quote on this adrenaline question was of Yamsandjams.3267, who is the one who made the claim.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Many of those Warriors still die while roaming despite these things.
Why are people killing those warriors and you’re not?
What’s the difference?

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

As a GS/S+WH Warrior, I find it incredibly hilarious that people would call my build “Cowerdly”.

Mobility is literally all the build has, and it is done by doing hit and run tactics. Just because I am making distance =/= I’m taking myself out of a fight (I am going OOC or letting HS pump, while letting bleeds tick on you, though). If I didn’t have those mobility skills, there would be no way I could catch up with almost any ranged classes in the game.

Will I turn tail and run if things don’t go my way? Of course. I’m not going to waste my time standing around and dying just to make a 4 minute trip back. But if I COULDN’T have a semi reliable escape, I wouldn’t even bother with the weapon. Because I sure as hell ain’t using it for the amazing burst DPS it doesn’t have.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Only if you can’t track while swinging it.

I’ve had lots of success with it vs thieves.

It’s not filled with cc like hammer, but it works.

Without a full 100b, axe hits harder

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The idea that someone “isn’t brave” because they ran from a losing fight is stupid at best.

That’s like saying that you aren’t brave if you jump out of the way of a car that is barreling at you.

A player that escapes a fight they were losing is a player that was smart enough and capable enough to escape from you. They failed to win the fight, but you failed to finish them.

Running from a losing fight doesn’t make them cowardly, but running a build with the entire purpose of picking fights and running away from those fights is.

I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with running away when you see trouble coming. I just find it wrong that one class can use a certain partial build to become unstoppable and uncatchable if they suddenly want to run away from combat.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

Running a build with maximum mobility in a game mode that rewards you for getting from point to point ASAP is cowardly? Sounds smart to me.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t necessarily make it “bad” … or “cowardly” in this case.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

…but I am not sure theres much ANet can do about it.

I’ve seen a few ideas about what Anet could do to reduce warriors’ escaping ability without hurting their normal combat performance. Azure Prower gave this one on page 2 of this thread:

I say give warriors the elementalist treatment (like they did to ride the lightning). If the warrior movement skills do not hit a target: put those skills on a longer cool down. Problem solved.

I think similar solutions, like making Rush require a target, or making Whirlwind Attack cover less distance. Increasing the damage and cooldown on Rush could also work if balanced correctly. A less direct option would be to cancel stances when a movement skill is used.

So if u nerf the gs mobility then how is a warrior suppose to land a melee hit against most ranged classes?

See above.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

Do you know how often people are able to run away from a condition mesmer?
Do you see condition mesmers up in arms about this?

/over_the_head

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

“Retreating from battle 10,000 times with GS” = “God Running Away from Mere Mortals” Title.

Haha, yes.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

50% of the players you encountered over the last two weeks have all been one spec of one class specifically made to run away? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…

I’m not going to waste my time replying to insults and nonsense, but I will reply to this part of your post.

This is 50% of roamers, this is not counting guild groups, zergs, or defenders.

Also, I’ve barely seen any before or since those two weeks, which leads me to believe that the trend may be specific to one or both of the servers we were fighting those two weeks.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

if OP thinks warrior using GS to get away is too much, he obviously haven’t encounter a thief that can stealth blind and stealth infinite to get away, not to mention using short-bow to shadow step to ridiculous places where no one else can reach(why aren’t Anet nerfing this?)…

Mesmers, guardians, and necromancers also have shadowsteps, and by the sheer nature of shadowsteps, you can only use them to get to places that you could reach without them anyway.

As for thieves running away in stealth, please read before you post.

Even thieves who try to stealth away from a fight are less frustrating and easier to catch.

• Thieves can stealth and run away very easily. This makes them the second best class at getting away, but if you’re good, you can catch most of them by disrupting their stealth or predicting their actions. (I have a high success rate for killing thieves who try to stealth to get away.)

As for killing thieves in WvW, I’ve gotten good at predicting and killing them, even if they do stealth. It may be hard to kill a stealth thief, but it’s impossible to kill a warrior who is suddenly way out of your range.

You wont catch a thief is he has even a bit of skill

I kill at least 75% of thieves who try to stealth away from me in WvW. I catch maybe 10% of cowardly warriors.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Do you know how often people are able to run away from a condition mesmer?
Do you see condition mesmers up in arms about this?

Yes, all types of mesmers actually, but I think they gave up a year and a half ago. I do think mesmers could use a bit more swiftness, but that’s an entirely different topic.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Warriors are immune to conditions for 8s using Berserker Stance (if equipped), which is on a 60s CD and should have long been used if they actually engaged the fight and stayed until losing. Similarly, stability skills last 8s and are on either a 40 or 60s CD. If they’ve held back 2/3 of their utilities on the off chance they’ll need them to escape, it’s no wonder these warriors are losing their fights.

The builds I’m talking about are built with the main purpose of running away. They do have Berserker Stance, and they have no problem holding onto two of their utility skills until they’re needed (especially when one is a signet that passively reduces damage taken by 10%). No one ever claimed that they’re great damage dealers.

Can some warriors disengage and be difficult to catch? Sure. Are they uncatchable? Nope, not if you’ve built in some hustle, various snares or cc, boon stripping, or otherwise have a fairly good handle on positioning. Are they the only ones that can disengage to similar effect? Uh uh (stealth, clones, teleports, leaps, run skills, etc).

Are they uncatchable? Yes. They builds I’m talking about are uncatchable. That’s the problem. If they weren’t, there wouldn’t be a problem. Please read my previous comments in this thread.

As others have implied, if you can’t catch them it’s because you haven’t built for the task. You’ve sacrificed sufficient mobility or control, probably to pump damage or tankiness, whereas these warriors have done the reverse. I’ll bet they’re also really good at running down their enemies when their enemies try to retreat from them.

I play all 8 classes, and all of them move somewhat fast except my mesmer. None of them (even my own warrior, because I prefer to run a reasonable build) can catch cowardly warriors. Quoting myself here:

I run a guardian with 7 superior runes of the traveler (yes, even my aquabreather has one), “Save Yourselves!”, “Retreat!”, and I have trait points in Virtues (which increases swiftness duration). My typical weapon skills include a pull and an immobilize. All of this isn’t even nearly enough to keep up with a greatsword warrior with swiftness.

What this post is about is QQ that speedy warriors sometimes make it difficult to claim loot bags from them. Saying it goes against the “philosophy” of being a warrior is just lame.

And if I wanted loot bags, I’d be zerging, not roaming. I’m more concerned about the state of the game than the occasional chance at getting something worth 5 silver.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

How does the adrenaline nerf reduce their mobility? Their damage is already low, and that’s not what this discussion is about.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

This has to be without a doubt, one of the most ludicrous and stupid posts I have read on the Warrior thread.

If you truly believe that people using their class mobility skills as a combat advantage point are “cowardly”, then you have a lot to learn about tactics in MMO’s in general. I call your point of view “moronic”. I suppose it’s a matter of perspective, point in case.

I have fought many classes with players who retreat out of a fight only to return and defeat me after chipping away and forcing me to use my stability/condition/heals. That’s skill and thought, not cowardice.

Insults aside, you clearly don’t understand the situation I’m describing. Please read my other posts.

If you can suggest a way that any other class, running any build, can catch one of these warriors (who, keep in mind, are immune to CC and all conditions), please explain it.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

If you want more bags, run with the zerg (or, preferably, a havoc group). Otherwise, stop complaining that you didn’t get to spike the Warrior.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

sure, if you nerfed mobility, give teleportation please. it’s so much better for landing skills and disengage

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

If you want more bags, run with the zerg (or, preferably, a havoc group). Otherwise, stop complaining that you didn’t get to spike the Warrior.

“The Warrior” was 30-50 different players over the course of two weeks, and a few outside of that. Also, please read. This was three posts before yours:

And if I wanted loot bags, I’d be zerging, not roaming. I’m more concerned about the state of the game than the occasional chance at getting something worth 5 silver.

Loot bags have nothing to do with this discussion. Either contribute to the discussion or don’t post at all.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

Why do you care so much whether you get to spike them or they run off.

Either way, you “won” … of sorts. This thread just seems like a pathetic “mooooom, he didn’t let me do what I wanted”.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why do you care so much whether you get to spike them or they run off.

Either way, you “won” … of sorts. This thread just seems like a pathetic “mooooom, he didn’t let me do what I wanted”.

The problem is that they’re impossible to catch. While fighting the server(s) that had a lot of them, this is what happened every few minutes:

• I’m running between objectives while solo roaming as a Guardian
  • Warrior sees me and starts attacking
  • We fight, I start winning
  • Warrior drops below 25% health
  • Warrior activates berserker stance and stability (and swiftness if it’s not already there), and immediately uses whirlwind attack and rush away from me
  • I hit my immobilize skill, but it doesn’t actually immobilize the Warrior because of berserker stance, and the warrior is out of range in under two seconds, preventing me from hitting him with another skill
  • Warrior runs far enough away to regenerate all of his health (and I regenerate what little I’ve lost)
  • At this point the Warrior either runs away, or he keeps repeating this until one of us decides that we don’t want to play WvW anymore, because we’re both unable to accomplish anything, and quit

Please explain the positives of Anet keeping this strategy as an option in WvW. (And I’m not talking about running from fights in general, nor am I talking about warrior movement in general, don’t try to twist the topic even more.)

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

flawed argument.

a thief or a mesmer can run away without you even knowing and he would do all these things 10 times better than a warrior.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i think the problem is in roaming with a guardian and expecting to be able to chase people.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

LMAO. Aye. Talk about the slow turtle of the WvW Roamers.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Melee classes require decent gap closers to be effective. Gap closers can be gap openers when used in reverse. Much QQ.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m inclined to agree with Serbent on this.

While I remember you saying that you had an 80 of every class, Guardians do not have their forte in solo roaming. It was stated, quite well someplace else, that "When you see a guardian solo roaming, you know one of two things is going to happen:

• You will kill him because he cannot escape
  • You will do nothing to him but not die because he cannot chase you.
    "

Guardians are not traited for running after -any- class, much less warriors. Expecting otherwise is, dare I say, a tiny bit of a stretch.

And almost a bit of an insult. Someone with a main in every class laments the impossibility of catching a warrior, a class that has agility as one of its strong suits, on a guardian, a class that features being an immovable wall that pumps out buffs?
Walls don’t have legs, bro.

I’d love to hear difficulty with catching Warriors on any other class though.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Sebrent.3625

Ele, Ranger, and Thief … pretty good chances … spec/weapon dependent though.

Mesmer … gotta kill them before they high-tail it. Otherwise, if they for whatever reason still have their condition/CC immunity CDs available, we aren’t going to catch them. We can get swiftness, but without CC we can’t pull/cripple/etc. and the closest thing to a leap we have are Phase Retreat (use intelligent to close gaps!) and Illusionary Leap … but iLeap is 600 range and still not very reliable even after the patch.

Now, if I have focus and they don’t have stability available … I can purchase more seconds on their hide by pulling them back. Same for conditions … iBerserker.

It’s just much more difficult in my opinion than the other 3 …

Basically, if you have ever seen a class successfully avoid a zerg that’s chasing it just by sheer mobility … it has a much better chance of catching a Warrior.

Better yourself.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Let me know when a GS/S+WH Warrior can kill someone 1v1 without having to put out twice the effort needed, then complain that they run away too easily.

Until then, your complaints for nerfing an already broken weapon for fighting purposes are going to fall on deafened ears.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CeruleanSky.1628

CeruleanSky.1628

Almost every class can run away from a fight without a problem. You see warriors doing it more often because warriors are the first to go down in losing battles.
After the frontline is gone, every ranged class starts backing off or spreading to flee the enemy zerg. But at that time it’s ok, after all, you’ll die if you stay.

Besides, our main heal is a regeneration. We need time alive.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: kayo.3817

kayo.3817

I’ve noticed a lot of warriors using greatswords purely for the movement abilities. This happens mostly in WvW, but I’ve also seen it in sPvP.

blah blah blah. Too whiny to quote all.

Thanks to all the whiners about warriors, we’re back to being pit scrubbers again. Yet, somehow, people are still not happy and want to see us being worse than pit scrubbers?

We already got majorly nerfed in almost every aspect possible. Want damage, not anymore. Want healing sustain, nerfed. Want interesting non-telegraphed non-buggy skills, 2yrs on and no fixes in sight. Want an interesting/usable F1~F4 skill, just got nerfed to kingdom come thanks to all the whiners. Now you want to whine about what we have left (mobility) and get it nerfed too?

In battles, wars etc, running away =/= cowardice, losing etc. Ever heard of a tactical retreat? Guess not. Even if its not tactical, running away gives you another chance to fight another day, and hopefully turn the odds in your favor. Even in real-life battles, frontline foot soldiers know when they need to hide/retreat/escape when the tide of battle is changing and you are being pushed back hard. After all, why die a meaningless death? What do I know? I had gone through military training before as an infantry man (i.e. frontline first to die when kitten happens soldier).

And to spec for mobility, you give up on others. Its an opportunity cost. Thieves can spec for extremely long stealth, at a cost. Guardians can spec for being beyond tanky, at a cost. Go read up on economics 101 on opportunity cost.

If I spec for mobility, hell if I’m going to let anyone catch me. If I spec for full burst damage, I’m gonna make sure I do the full burst damage. If you are spec for damage, and I’m spec for mobility, you can try to kill me, but I’m sure ain’t gonna let you catch me to unload your damage.

If you are not spec for mobility against a mobility player, why are you complaining that you cannot catch him/her? And before more whining, all classes can spec to have different forms of mobility, even necros where they can run to safety, and fear you away from them the entire time if you continue to get close.

To put it simply, in the rock paper scissors game, abiding by the rules, you can’t put out a rock, and argue that rock is strong thus paper cannot wrap around the rock and will just tear apart. If you want to argue that way, go make your own game where all melee classes cannot run away and all range class get double range. You’d probably want to call it Gladiator Wars 2, and have WvW in a Roman-style arena the size of the Mystic forge.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

This thread —> Waaahhh, a Warrior spec’ed for mobility and got away from me! NERF IT INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE I DON’T WANT THEM TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THEY SPECIALIZED IN!!!

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

This thread —> Waaahhh, a Warrior spec’ed for mobility and got away from me! NERF IT INTO THE GROUND BECAUSE I DON’T WANT THEM TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THEY SPECIALIZED IN!!!

The ability to pick and chose engagements is the most powerful ability in PvP.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

The ability to pick and chose engagements is the most powerful ability in Roaming WvW.

Fixed that for you. In all other aspects it’s definitely not the most powerful ability.

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Gee and here I was thinking the ability to win engagements was the most powerful ability in PvP.

I guess it doesn’t matter if I lose as long as I was the one who chose the engagement.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Cowardly Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Gee and here I was thinking the ability to win engagements was the most powerful ability in PvP.

I guess it doesn’t matter if I lose as long as I was the one who chose the engagement.

Correct.

If you had perfect engage/disengage then you would only fight when you can win. 100% of the fights would be wins or draw for you.

Anyone you fought would never win.