Creating a Viable A/A Build

in Warrior

Posted by: nlferts.2830

nlferts.2830

Hello Everyone,

Using my Level 80 Booster, I recently created a warrior and have equipped him with a pair of Frostfangs. Needless to say, he looks pretty awesome, but I digress.

I was hoping that the community could provide some tips/advice for creating the most optimal A/A build. Really, anything along the lines of the the type of runes, armor stats, skills, and traits that I should slot would really be helpful. I am also unsure of what my second weapon should be.

Having read other posts similar to this that were created in the past, please note that I am not looking for anyone to dissuade me from an A/A build. I am well aware that there are builds that offer more dps, and I am ok with that. I am just looking for tips to create the best A/A build possible.

Thanks!

in Warrior

Posted by: Loopgru.1026

Loopgru.1026

Generally the strongest power spec for PvP right now is greataxe- def, disc, zerker, with A/Sh + GS. I’d start with that (there’s a good version on metabattle) and tweak it for A/A- swap out shield mastery for either other minor, probably swap out either blood or air on the axes for strength because you’re hitting / critting so often.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sontaran.5904

Sontaran.5904

If running the axe/axe, is there a reason to use gs? I’m running axe/axe right now in open world pve leveling and have had success with bow on swap and also with sword/warhorn when I need mobility. I am looking for other swap options to maximize melee dps. I’m not looking to use gs. Does anyone have advice to add on the pve side? I’m looking for build options myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you have Berserker (which I’m sure you do), you could have a lot of fun using Axe/Axe + Axe/Torch and swapping between the two.

Here it is
Because you’ve got Frostfang, I made the build thematic with both Fire and Ice. Elementalist Runes and Ghost Pepper Poppers feed into that idea. You have lots of Power and Condition damage and your crits will fuel your adrenaline bar. You should be running at around 85% crit chance mid fight. You can weapon swap on cooldown to get all those extra effects and to pull off your burst combo. Start in Torch and use Torch 5. Use Axe 2, Axe 3, and Torch 4 in succession, then weapon swap to Axe/Axe and use Axe 4 and then Axe 5. You’ll get a disgustingly high amount of Burn stacks, and honestly, Flames of War into Whirling Axe is just too much fun not to do. You can Shattering Blow on cooldown (It should sync with King of Fires) for more condition damage while your axe itself is still doing respectable power damage. Berserk at will for those delicious boons and for Always Angry. If you don’t want the chill then you can replace Ele Runes with Flame Legion and the Pepper Poppers with another On-crit food like one of the Allspice Cakes. You won’t need two mainhand weapons. Just use one MH Axe and your OH Axe and Torch.

Is this the best build there could ever be? Not at all. But its fun and unique, and that’s what matters. You’ll have competitive damage for anything you want to do until you hit things like Raids or higher fractals where builds truly matter. If you don’t like this idea then tweaking the GS+A/Sh build would probably be fine too.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Warrior

Sontaran.5904

If you have Berserker (which I’m sure you do), you could have a lot of fun using Axe/Axe + Axe/Torch and swapping between the two.

I’ll edit this with a build concept when I’m more free

Awesome! I have HoT, but I’m leveling up instead of boosting to 80 so that I don’t miss out on the story content. I tried each class and really love playing the warrior, so for now I’ll just go axe/axe and just rotate other stuff in to try it and understand it. I’m thinking of swapping in a bit of axe/shield or mace/shield to use the stuns before whirling axe as well. I’m still interested in your build concept as I will have berserker eventually.

(edited by Sontaran.5904)

in Warrior

Sontaran.5904

Here it is
Because you’ve got Frostfang, I made the build thematic with both Fire and Ice. Elementalist Runes and Ghost Pepper Poppers feed into that idea. You have lots of Power and Condition damage and your crits will fuel your adrenaline bar. You should be running at around 85% crit chance mid fight. You can weapon swap on cooldown to get all those extra effects and to pull off your burst combo. Start in Torch and use Torch 5. Use Axe 2, Axe 3, and Torch 4 in succession, then weapon swap to Axe/Axe and use Axe 4 and then Axe 5. You’ll get a disgustingly high amount of Burn stacks, and honestly, Flames of War into Whirling Axe is just too much fun not to do. You can Shattering Blow on cooldown (It should sync with King of Fires) for more condition damage while your axe itself is still doing respectable power damage. Berserk at will for those delicious boons and for Always Angry. If you don’t want the chill then you can replace Ele Runes with Flame Legion and the Pepper Poppers with another On-crit food like one of the Allspice Cakes. You won’t need two mainhand weapons. Just use one MH Axe and your OH Axe and Torch.

Is this the best build there could ever be? Not at all. But its fun and unique, and that’s what matters. You’ll have competitive damage for anything you want to do until you hit things like Raids or higher fractals where builds truly matter. If you don’t like this idea then tweaking the GS+A/Sh build would probably be fine too.

This is awesome, thanks! Something was up with the link, but I fixed it here and now it works. It will be fun to test this out.