Critical Rifle Build

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: ShadowBound.7218

ShadowBound.7218

Q:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJAURjMd04ZdH+dwJaAmgCVnfOBCg1WdVMFDBA-TZBEwAJeAAo2fAxVAAwhAYbZAA

This is the build I’ve been playing and tweaking for the last few days. I know rifle isn’t ’meta’ and I have found that if I don’t get a bit of support from team when dealing with 2 good players, or 3 or more, I tend to go down. However, for a dogged hunt setup that allows the decap even if I can’t bunker, it seems to be doing pretty good.

GS on the swap off allows for vicious attacks. The trait that gives might per crit + sigil of might per crit stacks it up fast and if someone lets me beat on them even a little bit I can get up to 15 stacks of might fast. Of course most players move. Some ignore me and that always proves fatal.

My question here is assistance in refining it further. I have a 100% crit chance. I always crit. If I use assassin’s amulet I keep that and kick up over 200 on the crit damage. I’m guessing that’s called a glass build? It only has 18k HP that way. Is this worth it? While I don’t always fold under multiple people (depending on the other player) that extra 3k hp has made the difference a few times.

As a side note: I’ve been playing GW2 almost a month. I have multiple years of experience in other games (including beta play of GW1) but I’m hardly gonna try to say this is best. I figure this is a decent mid-tier setup as organized teams will focus fire you if you have this with the limited stops. Why I’m hoping for small tweaks to keep the 100% crit rate + give me gaps for dealing with focus fire.

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

why dont u go zerk amulet ? condition dmg is wasted since the removal of rifle AA bleed.

and you will get the needed vitality plus crit dmg although less crit chance 91% but still this is huge.

but also why you need this high crit chance on warrior ? if you really really wanted 100% then build for 80% crit chance and use fury which gives 20% crit chance.

maybe something like this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJAURjMd0FafHOewJaglg6cbPABg6roKKiUvAA-TZBEwAJeAA12fAxVAAwhAIbZAA

but anyway you will mostly get disappointed with rifle it has no place in pvp unless you wanna play it for fun.

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I figure this is a decent mid-tier setup as organized

To be honest, it’s as low tier as it can get, no offense. The weapons, utilityes, amulet, sigils, etc are as far from viable as possible. You’ll die to everything (especially conditions) and it’ll be impossible to hit any half-decent players with your burst – or anyone who knows you can dodge skills in this game. If you’d want to PvE with it I’d say it’s fine-ish – for PvE most of your weapon/utility choices are great.

GS/rifle full signet build and rampager amulet has some kind of magic to it because for some reason ~90% of new warrior players end up playing this

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

ShadowBound.7218

The main reason why I go for this is so it’s not a boon based. I do agree that the condition dmg is wasted, but that’s not why I was picking that amulet. I don’t actually own the assassin amulet yet (10 gold) so I was showing what I have. With the alterations you did for the fury on immob and cripple does immob that might be very useful. I do have a cripple on both weapons so there’s a chance of that higher up time.

As for the rifle, I basically play for fun, not for serious battles or anything. It is a decent burn down of a target and the burst shot can get some serious crit damage. I will take your advice and try it the next time I can play to see if the zerk amulet helps and if swapping to the full setup you recommended fits as well. Thank you.

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

ShadowBound.7218

I figure this is a *decent mid-tier* setup as organized

To be honest, it’s as low tier as it can get, no offense. The weapons, utilityes, amulet, sigils, etc are as far from viable as possible. You’ll die to everything (especially conditions) and it’ll be impossible to hit any half-decent players with your burst - or anyone who knows you can dodge skills in this game. If you’d want to PvE with it I’d say it’s fine-ish - for PvE most of your weapon/utility choices are great.

GS/rifle full signet build and rampager amulet has some kind of magic to it because for some reason ~90% of new warrior players end up playing this

None taken! I’m hardly surprised as the rifle is quite alluring.

I’ve actually gotten more wins consecutively on my warrior with this build then anything else and I have played everything else at least some. My ’main’ is an engineer and while I have 30 games played with it, I’ve only gotten 15 wins. With 9 games played as my warrior I have 7 wins. That shows me something is useful.. Although I could also easily see this being as you said, low tier.

I am looking for alterations that might make it stronger. I figure the signet for stab is good. But the rest can be in flux as there is room for tweaking there. I also have some room for switch in the traits. So if you can recommend something that is stronger (for a rifle build I know) I would appreciate it too.

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Hi. This is my WvW version of duel ranged warrior build that I used in sPvP ranked arena before (I used celestial amulet instead, because anet doesnt release zealot amulet for pvp) But I am pretty sure this is best rifle build if you forcefully push yourself to use the Warrior’s weakest weapon, Mr.Rifle. Always greet people like you, just put celestial amulet in PvP mode. Here we go.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJAUTjMdU5ZrHeewJagqgC7iHA6uh0nQXnCA-TFCHAB3pEEgLAAlK/kU9HDOCA9s/QAPAgBOEAAA-w

If you use Rifle/ longbow, you have to go shout line becuase there isn’t a good way to make Killshot hit correctly without Fear me combo. Killshot will be missed mostly if you don’t make any combo with it (it is easiest to be dodged) And also you have to go shout line to supplement endurance by shout heal since duel ranged seem very reckless.

I will tell you the trick I used for this build.
Since you are duel ranged, you are not good at close fight.

Therefore, you gotta use Longbow’s elite skill, Combustive shot, to make your protective field that you stay in while you uses rifle. Then your enemy won’t get close to you while you are in rifle mode. And its duration, Combustive shot, is 9 sec. Most of Warrior have -5 sec decreased weapon swap time. So you can cover, or protect, yourself with this burning area for 9 sec, which is enough time to use rifle and get back to longbow. Longbow is kinda strong weapon in close fight even though it is ranged weapon. If enemy doesn’t come to close cuz you stay in burning area? no worry, you are full ranged war ranger, just keep shooting at him lol

Be sure, I have dueled a lot of people with this build. I motly won thief, they just knock out when my killshot hit and volley followed, but dodge spam thief like, Magic Toker the one in Abjured The World Champion Level, he did beat me while I used this build, very close though. (I only lost to thief who are at Magic Toker level with this duel ranged build) He kept losing to me at first few rounds, but later, he found the WAY to deal with this rifle / longbow build as world champion-class decent thief, so he won me later rounds. Anyway, Therefore I removed this build from my twitch but I will re-post it if anet would buff rifle by any chance. (rifle itself as of now is too weak, and Anet even nerffed rifle by removing bleed. every1 want it buffed in the future, right? i hope anet would put some cond dmg like bleed before into rifle to make perfect set with cele amulet and decrease killshot cast time) Well, You will mostly win thief with this build anyway unless he is dodge spam thief with many reflection skill.

Always don;t waste Rifle’s 2nd and 5th skill. when some1 got close to you, use 5th rifle skill then 2nd skill after pushing him back.

This build is very strong against Engi or necro since it is full ranged, but, very weak against full melee type like thief or meditation gs/sword-focus guardian. But you can still win if you get to master level of this duel ranged build.

Visit my twitch address below, there is video that I uses this build.
http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/c/5491666

I also recommend you learn about “Backshot” trick, that is, you have to set key that shows backside of your character while running front. Duel ranged warrior uses this feature a lot cuz you will have to deal with “run and hit” tactics. Luckily, you can use 3th and elite skill of longbow to backside even though you running front but camera looking backside by pressing that key you bound. (watch http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/c/5666048 to know how to do this trick) You can use this trick not only with Longbow but with hammer though : make yourself look like running away but hit all of sudden.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I’ve actually gotten more wins consecutively on my warrior with this build then anything else and I have played everything else at least some.

GW2 has 3 join options for PvP. Practice mode (aka Hotjoin) is a chaotic zergfest where PvE players do their daily achievements and don’t pay any kind of attention to the game objectives. Another factor is that almost nobody has PvP builds in Practice mode. Winning matches there is not a good way to judge a build’s viability. Unranked is not much better, sadly. Then there is ranked, and the new matchmaking (it’s still in beta) is the worst I’ve ever seen in an MMO, but at least people somewhat go for capture points and use real builds there. So winning games might not help you judge your build’s viability atm.

Critical Rifle Build

in Warrior

ShadowBound.7218

@witcher.3197 -

I never knew practice was what the hotjoin was. I always figured the ranked combat was when you had a team and was for those more dedicated and unranked was the mixed bag. Learn something new every day.

While I hardly think that is the final judgement of a build, I do feel that it is something to take into consideration. As I have done few enough matches I can still remember my matches, it’s very easy for me to say rather a good run or bad was due to my build (getting demolished by hordes suck) or if it’s just a team fail. Can’t carry 4 others and all that.

@Kitt.2567 -

I appreciate the build! It’s an interesting set up certainly. However it is basically not a crit rifle build, which isn’t what I was aiming for. I haven’t had a chance to try the tweaks to my build for the immob giving fury as what was offered by a previous poster. Do you have a power rifle build at all? When I attempted the double ranged build I got rolled. Horribly. It was bad.

Also, I’m not opposed to changing the weapons too much. I prefer to keep rifle as it’s an awesome builder and with the crits rolling does some nice tear down. But if a different secondary weapon would be recommended, I’d be happy to look into it.