Criticism on the recent Warrior changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

As a warrior i always been able to clean blind out of em by pressing 1, even from miles away..it is no longer in case. As it stands now i have to be next to target to actually get rid of that..Terrible change AN, terrible.

Sword mainhand got a huge nerf, regular damage is badly decreased from chain, final thrust has now obvious animation screaming dodge me just like killshot.

Whirlling axe 50% for pvp olny? I don’t understand why as its a weak skill (i playing all formats of the game)

Sword offhand 5 does a nice block from range attacks now, but why no love for mace 2 which is basically the same? Also no buff to sustain besides removing conditions on burst. Mace 5 no longer aims where my target is, instead its cast in front of me. Axe chain did also got a huge nerf.

U did a well job with necro, but u f…k up with warrior rathen than buffing, actually nerfing him. 10sec of switness on 15cd on crit hit wont cut it off. Theres ur feedback.

Warrior – pve toon olny

On top of that just wanted to point out

Adrenal Health: This trait now scales with healing power:

This traint makes no sense with Cleansing Ire, also burst mastery works against cleansing ire.

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I think it is a good change, it made blind kinda useless. Now you’ll have to use your autattack to clear it while in melee range of something, seems fine to me.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I think it is a good change, it made blind kinda useless. Now you’ll have to use your autattack to clear it while in melee range of something, seems fine to me.

As long u don’t fight with thieves that used to spam blinds.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Except for one thing.

Blind completely shuts down warriors. Hammer and mace, is a joke against blinds, all of our class mechanic burst skills minus sword are a joke from blinds, eviscerate, earthshaker, skull crack, kill shot, arcing slice (lol) shut down. No one else’s class mechanic skills are shut down by blinds (shatters are multiple hits, and steal still gap closes). Not too mention blinds are slapped on to to a of skills. Thieves can spam it on stealth and with pistol necros plague form and wells, guardians spam blinds, and the issue is Exemplified against multiple of these classes.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: krlosis.2653

krlosis.2653

How does one spam blinds? Explain.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

How does one spam blinds? Explain.

Thieves have a trait to blind every time they to stealth, which is/can be every 3 seconds. NOT TO MENTION dagger pistol thieves have a no cool down blind ranged shot that also spawns a spamming blind field, called black powder shot, Infiltrators arrow on shortbow, plus blinding powder utility, signet of shadows….

Hope this was a troll post that just got me to respond otherwise….

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I don’t get it guys.. I love the changes and on sword too…
I made a 30/0/0/10/30 build and I could pull 10k Kicks, 8k Final thrust, 12k+ whirl axe etc. with a sword/axe – axe/mace.
The potential of glass cannon builds just got skyrocket in front of our eyes and we whine about a 3/4s cast time, which is not even that big

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Warrior

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Thieves have a trait to blind every time they to stealth, which is/can be every 3 seconds. NOT TO MENTION dagger pistol thieves have a no cool down blind ranged shot that also spawns a spamming blind field, called black powder shot, Infiltrators arrow on shortbow, plus blinding powder utility, signet of shadows….

Hope this was a troll post that just got me to respond otherwise….

Yeah, you know how the Thief’s Weapon Cooldowns are called ?
INITIATIVE ..

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I made a 30/0/0/10/30 build and I could pull 10k Kicks, 8k Final thrust, 12k+ whirl axe etc. with a sword/axe – axe/mace.
The potential of glass cannon builds just got skyrocket in front of our eyes and we whine about a 3/4s cast time, which is not even that big

Lol, check your facts.XD

I can delete someone’s character with a kick.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

natsos.3692

Go ahead, take bers amu,6 div runes build 30/0/0/10/30 , use axe/mace and sword/axe .
What you’ll need:
Berserker’s power
Physical training
Dual wielding

Desperate Power

Warrior’s spirit(optional)
Destruction of the empowered
Heightened Focus

Have full adrenaline
Get to <50% HP, add 4 vulnerability from your axe spin, use rage signet, kick your opponent and laugh at them.

With a little luck if the target has more vulne, you can see kicks up to 12k.
Of course all these numbers I wrote are on glass cannons, but I tested this build on a friend bunker guardian and I could pull crits up to 9k on him(final thrust).

Go check it out for yourself before replying that this is not happening.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

(edited by natsos.3692)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Sorry, just wanted to make a bad joke.XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

Is this a thread about:

“Warrior can now remove conditions more effectively!”

and at the same time:

“omg i now have an incoming condition that requires attentive removal!!”

……

in Warrior

redslion.9675

For the first time in this game, a condition can shut down a condition remover.XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

For the first time in this game, a condition can shut down a condition remover.XD

No, actually this is wrong.
Necro condition ‘remove’ was always mostly condition transfer, which has to hit a target.

Plague Signet is on a nice 60s cooldown, and does nothing if you are blinded, except for well… removing blind.
Becomes even cooler, as you are drawing conditions over from allies aswell.

Funniest thing is:

• Putrid Mark: This ability will now transfer blind to enemies it strikes, instead of missing.

But the other abilities like Deathly Swarm still miss if blinded.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Yeah, sorry. Talking about the classes I tried.XD

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

War is amazing..a class where traits are antisynergic with each other

Cleansing ire removes 1 condition per adrenaline bar spend (3 total), howered with burst mastery we can remove 2 at best (burst mastery reduces adrenaline spend by 1 bar) < fixed. Now its keep removing 3 conditions

Adrenal health – without healing power thats 120hp/sec, howered to get that effect we have to sit on the whole adrenaline bar. If i use burst to clean condiitons automatically i lose benefits from that.

And the best one: MR Healing Surge:

Heal yourself and regain all adrenaline. Heal amount is based on your current adrenaline level.

Stage 0: heal: 5,240
Stage 1: heal: 5,880
Stage 2 heal: 6,840
Stage 3 heal: 8,440

So if i had to use burst in order to remove poison to heal up, i will heal for as much as i were poisoned? Wheres the logic?

$%$%^#!!%^$ < some insults about two guys

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Sword offhand 5 does a nice block from range attacks now, but why no love for mace 2 which is basically the same?

Actually the mace one already kept blocking for its duration if hit from range. I always just assumed the sword would too, but since I took shield if I wanted and off-hand block…

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Sword offhand 5 does a nice block from range attacks now, but why no love for mace 2 which is basically the same?

Actually the mace one already kept blocking for its duration if hit from range. I always just assumed the sword would too, but since I took shield if I wanted and off-hand block…

Nope. Its block just single hit

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

Hmm… what if you put the reflect trait on?

I’ve used that skill and shield’s block to wander around SC making karkas mass-suicide in the past and their ranged stuff never stopped it blocking – it’d keep going until it expired or it was_hit by something it could counter-attack. So either it only works if traited, or they’ve changed it at some point.

edit: underscore for the moronic filter as always

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I’ve used that skill and shield’s block to wander around SC making karkas mass-suicide in the past and their ranged stuff never stopped it blocking – it’d keep going until it expired or it was_hit by something it could counter-attack. So either it only works if traited, or they’ve changed it at some point.

edit: underscore for the ’kitten filter as always

So i have to put reflect trait on to get same effect as sword? Nty.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Zen Way of Harmony.7980

The former easy off for blind was at a time when blinds were also easy on. Now that blinds are more difficult to remove, hopefully they will become more difficult to apply, eventually, that is, with future updates.

Also, so far everyone I’ve seen on the forums here that have tested Cleansing Ire with Burst Mastery note that it works as intended, meaning, a burst at 3 full bars removes 3 conditions. When I get some time I’ll have to make sure myself though.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

I don’t know, I just assumed from the response you’d tested it and found it cancels for attacks from beyond its range now. If so, it might only work when traited. If not that, they must have just nerfed/broken it somewhere along the line, because I used to use it specifically for that function.

(edited by LameFox.6349)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t know, I just assumed from the response you’d tested it and found it cancels for attacks from beyond its range now. If so, it might only work when traited. If not, they must have just nerfed/broken it somewhere along the line, because I used to use it specifically for that function.

Its always been like that. I was running dual mace for a while.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

I guess it’s either an oversight, or they wanted to justify the extra cooldown on the sword block then. Oh well, at least now I can use all three + reflect. Getting karka to kill themselves is the only thing that makes them worth killing… and I suppose it works on people too.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Anet’s patch didn’t change anything much. It just created new abilities similar to the old ones and sometimes inferior.

I’m guessing the devs are thinking now: let’s see how long the stupid warrior community will stay this time thinking they will do well in spvp..then went back to playing their mesmers/thieves/guardians..

I don’t blame them since there is no accountability for them sacrificing the paying customer base.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Cleansing ire removes 1 condition per adrenaline bar spend (3 total), howered with burst mastery we can remove 2 at best (burst mastery reduces adrenaline spend by 1 bar)

Adrenal health – without healing power thats 120hp/sec, howered to get that effect we have to sit on the whole adrenaline bar. If i use burst to clean condiitons automatically i lose benefits from that.

Heal yourself and regain all adrenaline. Heal amount is based on your current adrenaline level.

So if i had to use burst in order to remove poison to heal up, i will heal for as much as i were poisoned? Wheres the logic?

LOL wow, Anet done goofed.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

10k kick? wtf are you serrious? LOL what..? God if this is true I’m gonna go sparta people right now!

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

The former easy off for blind was at a time when blinds were also easy on. Now that blinds are more difficult to remove, hopefully they will become more difficult to apply, eventually, that is, with future updates.

Also, so far everyone I’ve seen on the forums here that have tested Cleansing Ire with Burst Mastery note that it works as intended, meaning, a burst at 3 full bars removes 3 conditions. When I get some time I’ll have to make sure myself though.

So a complete rework of the ol’ over powered thief. So change like what 5-6 skills that give him blind? Yeah good luck with that. As a wise warrior once stated, don’t forget, they balance the game around thief. kittening morons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

it only has up to 488 base damage. Backstab has 814 damage.

It only hits 10k against trash.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Cleansing ire removes 1 condition per adrenaline bar spend (3 total), howered with burst mastery we can remove 2 at best (burst mastery reduces adrenaline spend by 1 bar)

LOL wow, Anet done goofed.

right? This was seen like right after the update. What goes on in the minds when they try to implement these ideas. I feel like they don’t play the game themselves.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Hey guys, lets place all the condition removal we are giving a class into 1 trait that will become a staple for desperate warriors to promote versatility in builds! Herpakitten !

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Anet’s patch didn’t change anything much. It just created new abilities similar to the old ones and sometimes inferior.

I’m guessing the devs are thinking now: let’s see how long the stupid warrior community will stay this time thinking they will do well in spvp..then went back to playing their mesmers/thieves/guardians..

I don’t blame them since there is no accountability for them sacrificing the paying customer base.

This is what you reminded me of when I read your post lol…….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

This is what you reminded me of when I read your post lol…….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

LUL. +1 for that vid

in Warrior

natsos.3692

Pssst, physical training(976 base dmg).

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I added physical training to it. It is 244 without.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I added physical training to it. It is 244 without.

Actually when im using dual sword+phy trait my kick does 3,9k to glass cannons (3180 atk, 62% crit dmg) funny thing is..stomp does about 2k and it has its base numbers a bit highter, i think stomp does NOT scale with crit dmg.

On the other hand stomp is great to set up killshot.

in Warrior

natsos.3692

Weapon damage is what counts mostly on utility skill dmg(like kick), which means a Rifle(1205 max dmg) has the potential of the strongest critical,leaving the axe(1048) main hand the best option for stronger kicks. The sword you used on your main hand has only 1000 max damage.
Also with an axe on your main hand, and a mace on your offhand you can stack 8 stacks of vulnerability easily on someone.
The 10k is clearly a benefiting situation where your foe is going to be glass cannon light armored enemy, with a few stacks of vulne and of course a few stacks of might on you.
Most damage comes from Final thrust when under 50% hp and axe Whirl(off-hand).
It is the new cookie-cutter burst farming build. GS is outshined.Have fun.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU