Critique: Ferrum's Unicorn Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hey guys, Ferrum here. I’ve got a new build and I’m happy to see what you all think of it. Thus far, I’ve used it to take home 1st place in the Kaineng/TC/FA Open World Duels tournament, and the sustain is pretty amazing.

Things to note:

1. It is a condition build. Expect to hit like a wet noodle.
  2. It utilizes Lyssa runes to maintain 20% uptime of all boons.
  3. Managing your skills correctly, you can maintain 100% uptime of swiftness, fury and 6-12 stacks of might at all times.

Here’s the build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIIQNAseTjcONvJPWPMRCEkCN8KOFSCVB7I94MQj0A-j0yAIOioRKAAtAkagRCgIPI5xioxWFLiGremIqWdjZuLiWtQALWDA-w

Leave any feedback. Up until now I’ve kept this build in the dark, but I think it’s ready for the warrior community.

Before it comes up, I do swap my Corruption shield for Paralyzation once I reach 25 stacks.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

Nobody has anything to say? /disappoint.

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I run banners instead of shouts, perma regen > Shouts.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I don’t like shouts anymore.

Really dislike placing points in the vit tree it feels like a waste of real performance.

Over all ok I guess.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

My only question is why not sword offhand for the torment stacks?

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

I run shield for its defensive capabilities and the free stun. When I successfully chain “Fear Me!”, Savage Leap, Shield Bash and Flurry, the fight is very well over.

As a secondary bonus, it gives me two leap finishers to double the time my fire aura persists.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

I run shield for its defensive capabilities and the free stun. When I successfully chain “Fear Me!”, Savage Leap, Shield Bash and Flurry, the fight is very well over.

As a secondary bonus, it gives me two leap finishers to double the time my fire aura persists.

Auras don’t stack in intensity.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

I never said anything about intensity. I said duration.

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m pretty sure that isn’t what he meant at all. What he meant was that he can proc fire armor, and then after that wears off he can then proc it again if he needs to.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m pretty sure that isn’t what he meant at all. What he meant was that he can proc fire armor, and then after that wears off he can then proc it again if he needs to.

That and auras function like burning or immobilized. You can apply it for 3 seconds per leap finisher. Two consecutive leap finishers will double the duration of the fire aura. Try it! makes for some interesting fights against high-pressure opponents.

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Yup i did understand what you said correctly. Once again Auras don’t stack intensity/duration whatever you want to call it. They are not like boons. Each fire Aura from a leap finisher will last 5 seconds and NOT stack with each other.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

Yup i did understand what you said correctly. Once again Auras don’t stack intensity/duration whatever you want to call it. They are not like boons. Each fire Aura from a leap finisher will last 5 seconds and NOT stack with each other.

Go ahead and try it. You’re obviously stuck in your opinion and would rather argue when I could go ahead and record video proof of a mouseover of fire aura after two consecutive leap finishers.

You say that they don’t function as buffs, however the wiki states that Auras act as irremovable buffs, stacking duration and not intensity as other buffs do. Please, go onto some other thread if you’re so enclosed in your own opinion to neglect testing or research.

in Warrior

GSSBlunaspike.4153

That and auras function like burning or immobilized. You can apply it for 3 seconds per leap finisher. Two consecutive leap finishers will double the duration of the fire aura. Try it! makes for some interesting fights against high-pressure opponents.

To my knowledge, and I’m not claiming to be all knowing it applies a 5 second buff per leap finisher. I also don’t think those stack at all. What I thought you meant in your first post was that you could generate the fire field then leap finsiher. Then do it again before the first leap is off cd giving you another fire aura. So that you were chaining them.

I could be wrong, but I will go test in pvp. Btw, is this different in pvp/pve?

That’s with the single leap finisher below. So it seems to be a 5 second buff, and I’m trying to screen shot it after doing the second leap but so far it looks like it doesn’t stack.

Attachments:

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Go ahead and try it. You’re obviously stuck in your opinion and would rather argue when I could go ahead and record video proof of a mouseover of fire aura after two consecutive leap finishers.

You say that they don’t function as buffs, however the wiki states that Auras act as irremovable buffs, stacking duration and not intensity as other buffs do. Please, go onto some other thread if you’re so enclosed in your own opinion to neglect testing or research.

LOL This is kittening gold!

Please provide a video of you being able to stack fire auras. How is it my opinion when its a kittening fact.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

To my knowledge, and I’m not claiming to be all knowing it applies a 5 second buff per leap finisher. I also don’t think those stack at all. What I thought you meant in your first post was that you could generate the fire field then leap finsiher. Then do it again before the first leap is off cd giving you another fire aura. So that you were chaining them.

I could be wrong, but I will go test in pvp. Btw, is this different in pvp/pve?

That’s with the single leap finisher below. So it seems to be a 5 second buff, and I’m trying to screen shot it after doing the second leap but so far it looks like it doesn’t stack.

Hm. Must’ve changed in the last few patches (I know Auras got a bit of an indirect nerf with elementalists, so maybe they added an internal cap). At any rate, you’re still using at least 2 seconds of your fire aura before you use your second leap, which means that you still maintain at least 7 seconds of fire aura using the combos back to back. Normally you don’t have time or resources to waste two cooldowns in combat. It was a thought outside of the game based on experiences where it has indeed lasted more than 5 seconds (obviously from me reapplying the 5-second buff, now that it’s clear).

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

Please provide a video of you being able to stack fire auras. How is it my opinion when its a kittening fact.

You, sir, are the epitome of the greatsword warrior kittenbag intellect. Come back when you aren’t insulting me based off of one thing I said when the thread’s purpose was to critique my build (critique, not criticize mind you, kitten).

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

You, sir, are the epitome of the greatsword warrior kittenbag intellect. Come back when you aren’t insulting me based off of one thing I said when the thread’s purpose was to critique my build (critique, not criticize mind you, kitten).

You were the firet one to insult me. You were the first to post false informatikn. All i did was post how it worked and you flipped and threw some ad hominen attacks instead of continuing the discussion civilized.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

You were the firet one to insult me. You were the first to post false informatikn. All i did was post how it worked and you flipped and threw some ad hominen attacks instead of continuing the discussion civilized.

Then be the better man and walk away, knowing I’m wrong rather than insulting me by throwing the first kitten in my thread. Now, if you’d like to actually discuss my build in a civilized manner, I’d be more than happy.

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Then be the better man and walk away, knowing I’m wrong rather than insulting me by throwing the first kitten in my thread. Now, if you’d like to actually discuss my build in a civilized manner, I’d be more than happy.

I would rather correct you then let you spread false information. Also i already threw my 2 cents at the very start of the thread.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

I would rather correct you then let you spread false information. Also i already threw my 2 cents at the very start of the thread.

Again, that post is entirely your opinions. If much rather have a long fear, condition removal and might stacking/vulnerability (depending on preference) than banners which force me into a stationary position to be kited even more.

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

Again, that post is entirely your opinions. If much rather have a long fear, condition removal and might stacking/vulnerability (depending on preference) than banners which force me into a stationary position to be kited even more.

Banners work much better in actual use then on paper. Ive been running then solo and small groups and its easy to keep perma regen in myself and the group. Also 3 shouts provide less HPS than regen. Lastly you are stuck with 3 shouts for healing instead of 1 banner and 2 utility that can be changed. Stability is pretty much a must to be able to 1vX and stomp on the first down.

in Warrior

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m sorry if my post caused an argument between you guys. My intention was only to provide information. I came to the thread to check out the build. Currently I run mace/shield second depends on the situation. Trying to distance myself from it because even though I’ve run it for awhile I would rather start looking for an alternative now.

I’ve been wanting to figure out a way to make a condition tank spec work with warrior. What I’ve found so far is that we can put out good bleeds, but we lack as many conditions as other professions in order to protect our bleed stacks from a cleanse.

Right now I’m running a sword/shield setup and thinking about like hammer/lb/riffle off.

My charr looks like such a kitten with that setup (my opinion). My Guardian and Warrior look just alike but my Warrior is all white/metal and my Guardian is all Black/white. The contrast is cool, again imo.

edit
My mini Gnashblade photobombed me. Also before some guy decides to be a jerk, yes I know my graphics suck. It’s the best I can do and still maintain at least 40 fps. I wish I had a better card so I could record videos of gameplay.

Attachments:

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

What shield is that.

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Dat shield /drool

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Warrior

GSSBlunaspike.4153

What shield is that.

It’s the Guild Shield.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Shield

My fiance runs the guild I think she made that the emblem just because it looks awesome on a charr =)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

As a strict condition build, it’s pretty good. But why the sole focus on apothecary armor? You can divvy up all that stacked healing into power and precision by mixing rabid, rampager and carrion armor. That way you’re not entirely relying on your conditions.

Also, you’re really hoping they just sit inside your fire circle while you apply more damage. My time with the longbow taught me that people know how to run the hell away real, real fast.

Other issue I see is condition removal. You have one reliable utility and the elite signet every fifty seconds. Since you’re using bursts so often I figured you’d choose Cleansing Ire over March.

For comparison I’ll post the condition regen build I tweaked over the last couple months. Similar in principle, just a different approach

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAseRjkOtwxQGPMxBCkirUlzjkwEyrUQH7A-jk1AYLM0FCGTQkCAQRQIMYkHQiAUyHM/BlCDWOMpF2ioxqqFk1MYaTUdLi5GwiDZzh9GIujsKFAEbAA-w

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

As a strict condition build, it’s pretty good. But why the sole focus on apothecary armor? You can divvy up all that stacked healing into power and precision by mixing rabid, rampager and carrion armor. That way you’re not entirely relying on your conditions.

Also, you’re really hoping they just sit inside your fire circle while you apply more damage. My time with the longbow taught me that people know how to run the hell away real, real fast.

Other issue I see is condition removal. You have one reliable utility and the elite signet every fifty seconds. Since you’re using bursts so often I figured you’d choose Cleansing Ire over March.

For comparison I’ll post the condition regen build I tweaked over the last couple months. Similar in principle, just a different approach

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAseRjkOtwxQGPMxBCkirUlzjkwEyrUQH7A-jk1AYLM0FCGTQkCAQRQIMYkHQiAUyHM/BlCDWOMpF2ioxqqFk1MYaTUdLi5GwiDZzh9GIujsKFAEbAA-w

The great thing is that they don’t have to stand in my fire field. Stronger Bowstrings has a “bug” (or feature, depending on how you look at it) that causes Dual Shot to be a 100% projectile finisher. I’m able to throw it at my feet and fire away, applying double the duration of burning they’d normally be stacking, and it’s pretty nasty when you use Pin Down as a fire projectile. It’s a bit of a wonky build, I know, but the healing power combined with 20% uptime of regen and Adrenal Health make for a massive amount of health regen which means that it’s a kitten tanky build just on that alone. When you add in the 20% uptime of stability, aegis, protection, retaliation, and vigor on top of the regen, as well as 100% uptime of swiftness, fury and 6-12 stacks of might, you get this really odd but highly effective tank build. Being able to pop stability and aegis before a stomp without sacrificing a utility is amazing. The one issue with the build is that you’re reducing your versatility by changing any of the utilities, so you generally leave the alternating roles to your allies.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

With that much raw healing I think you could stand to lose March in favor of clearing conditions every time you use Arcing Arrow, but that’s just me. I never enjoyed LB, I’m more of a “kitten -the-torpedoes-I’m-going-in” kind of fighter.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

With that much raw healing I think you could stand to lose March in favor of clearing conditions every time you use Arcing Arrow, but that’s just me. I never enjoyed LB, I’m more of a “kitten -the-torpedoes-I’m-going-in” kind of fighter.

If you aren’t balls deep, pull out! Haha, anyway I’ll play around with Cleansing Ire. I first crafted this build prior to the balance patch and haven’t given it a fair chance.

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

In terms of WvW, Op’s build and similar builds are fun 1v1 and in group but ultimately they lack mobility/escape. However, Rampage is a pretty decent get out of jail card if you can time it early enough.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

In terms of WvW, Op’s build and similar builds are fun 1v1 and in group but ultimately they lack mobility/escape. However, Rampage is a pretty decent get out of jail card if you can time it early enough.

Unfortunately I can only use SoR to maximize my boon uptime with Lyssa runes, and rampage has far too long a cooldown to be effective. I’ve found that I don’t really have many mobility issues when it comes down to getting away. WvW isn’t terribly large and you can often make it to a tower or keep if you time your leaps and blocks correctly.