Crushing Blow...

Crushing Blow...

in Warrior

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Looking at this skill, I would have expected it to have special rule, example: if target was CCed, this attack inflicts 20 stacks of vulnerability, othervise this attack deals x damage and inflicts 10 vuln.

Overall, this is quite underwhelming skill, despite inheriting name of the skill that was used by almost every hammer build in existance in GW1.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Crushing Blow...

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

GW2 could do with more combo skills in general. It would be nice to see cross weapon combos as well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Crushing Blow...

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I think it’d be cool if…
Crushing Blow: Crush your opponent’s armor, leaving them vulnerable. This skill deals additional damage per stack of vulnerability on the target.
Damage: 367 (1.2)
10 Vulnerability (10s)
Number of Targets: 3
Additional Damage Per Vulnerability Stack: X% (perhaps 1 or 2%)
Range: 130

We have a trait which causes mace skills to inflict vulnerability on CC’d targets already. While I wouldn’t mind seeing more of that, I think there’s a different opportunity here.

In PVE environments such as fractals or raids where you can expect 25 stacks of vulnerability consistently, this makes off-hand mace a good weapon to bring for damage (as well as cc of course). Which would be particularly useful if we ever get a good main-hand axe dps build.
In other contexts, such as PvP, this creates a skill that gives a high-payoff if you work to set it up by stacking vulnerability on your target (imagine On My Mark being useful?). Crushing Blow could be used for a spike of damage, perhaps to the effects of Final Thrust or Eviscerate, provided you set up your target with a lot of vulnerability and capitalize on the opportunity before they cleanse.

(edited by Arewn.2368)