Dear Anet: A simple question

in Warrior

Posted by: Dimswitch.6381

Dimswitch.6381

Why does the warrior sword mastery trait not reduce skill cooldown by 20% like almost every other weapon mastery trait in the game? 10% increased crit with swords alone is really not a compelling enough reason to take the trait, given your other options. (Also, it should really be moved to adept tier to allow greater build diversity…)

Maybe this is something you could address in the Dec. 10th balance patch.

Thanks for reading.

in Warrior

Posted by: PillageYourVillage.7548

PillageYourVillage.7548

Its true. I had two thieves engage me and had it took a full 15 seconds to kill both with Final Thrust because of cooldown after i launched the first one back to WP with it.
F1 skill could also decrease skill cd by 20% with each slash

in Warrior

Dimswitch.6381

Its true. I had two thieves engage me and had it took a full 15 seconds to kill both with Final Thrust because of cooldown after i launched the first one back to WP with it.

Thanks for the bump!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Those thieves must have been awful. But tbh that leap doesn’t need a shorter cd. Having the sword off hand have those reduced cooldowns would be completely unnecessary as well.

in Warrior

Dimswitch.6381

Those thieves must have been awful. But tbh that leap doesn’t need a shorter cd. Having the sword off hand have those reduced cooldowns would be completely unnecessary as well.

Perhaps. Same argument could be made for greatsword abilities tho…
Regardless, 10% increased crit with swords, by itself, is a very weak master-tier trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Perhaps. Same argument could be made for greatsword abilities tho…
Regardless, 10% increased crit with swords, by itself, is a very weak master-tier trait.

I would definetly agree that the 10% increased crit to swords isn’t a truly exciting trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It’s relatively weak because it is an old trait that has never been updated since ANet moved Heightened Focus to Grandmaster from Adept in Discipline. IMO, the trait needs to be removed entirely and be reworked/combined with Sharpened Axes in the Discipline line.

in Warrior

Dimswitch.6381

It’s relatively weak because it is an old trait that has never been updated since ANet moved Heightened Focus to Grandmaster from Adept in Discipline. IMO, the trait needs to be removed entirely and be reworked/combined with Sharpened Axes in the Discipline line.

Combined: “Sharpened Edges”? Would be nice…

in Warrior

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

Alternatively, a 10% extra crit chance, plus a 10% cooldown decrease, plus a small adrenaline boost on crit would be nice.

Differentiates it from other cooldown decrease traits and helps deepen builds that do not use a high DPS weapon set.