December 10th Warrior Changes

in Warrior

Posted by: Gabesz.3895

Gabesz.3895

“The hammer dmg decrease is to be expected (I play a dps hammer build, as well as most other builds) and the stuff I can get away with is ridiculous. I can 1v3 and kill them all. I can sometimes 1v5 if there are a few bads mixed in, or glassy players. Too much CC in addition to dmg, something had to go.”

You are a big troll ;D 1v3 and 1v5 ……..

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

So any word from the Dev’s about the combustive shot change?

We’ve had tons of discussion about the reason for it’s pulse nerf (reduce adrenaline generation), not matching up with how the ability actually works (it doesn’t actually generate adrenaline)…. but have they replied to it? Does anyone know?

in Warrior

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

I play a charr warrior and I tried with a low lvl asuran a few weeks ago. My attack did hit the target a lot more because my move were harder to read. I think warrior might have been the first class they finished. They had more time to polish the animation which look neat but are too easy to read. You recognize a experienced player over a new one because they know how to read the warrior’s attacks.

I really wish the fix the slope issue with earthshakker. I conditioned myself about not using hammer F1 if I’m not on an even terrain.

I play staff elementalist. When I see a warrior with a longbow, I put up Magnetic Aura because 10/10 times they are going to just spam all buttons and they’ll end up rooting and burning and bleeding themselves because the way the longbow is designed, it’s not going to teach you to know any better aside from just spamming your skills. It’s a pyrrhic victory, though, since the healing signet just negates all of the damage. Truly, the whole set-up is forgiving players for being bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

I am extremely disappointed in all the nerfs being thrown at warriors. Healing signet and unsuspecting foe is what everyone is complaining about. Instead we get a ton of damage nerfs in addition to UF. I really don’t now how the dev’s come up with the decisions to “balance”. It’s like they don’t even play the game. After dec 10th expect warriors to be the lame class that no one wants to play anymore. With all the buffs and trait changes coming up across the board warriors will be fodder once again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Love when other classes pop up here to share their “wisdom”. Yea most warriors I see are running around shredding whole armies by themselves while dual wielding Hammers and the infamous 30/30/30/30/30 build. Passive Healing signet shrugging off poison and ticking for over 5,000 a second. Meanwhile perma stunning wave upon wave of foes with ES stun that cant be avoided or mitigated…….And when it gets really tough they pull out their LB and use it blow holes through SM walls with a single shot.

That all seriously sounds like something Kratos would do.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Devs,have you ever played a warrior vs an op necro,mesmer,thief,guard build ? I reckon you dont seeing the changes youre about to make.Anyhow,i advice you to play your own game every now and then to get a feeling of what youre about to do and why youre about to do it….because imo the changes being made to the warrior class are being made by someone that has no clue on what hes doing and why hes doing it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Dear GW2 team.

PLEASE DO NOT NERF THE WARRIOR HAMMER BUILD!

Earthshaker is THE ONLY cool skill the hamwarrior has

Because the issue isn’t about balance any more, it’s about making your skills look cool.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

Also, how are all of the buffs with the additional couple of nerfs making this update a serious nerf?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Also, how are all of the buffs with the additional couple of nerfs making this update a serious nerf?

wich buffs ? o.O

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

wich buffs ? o.O

Strength 5 – Reckless Dodge. Increased Damage by 25%
Strength III – Great Fortitude. Increased conversion rate from 5% to 7%.
Arms VII – Crack Shot. Moved to Adept Tier. (very good for glass rifle builds)
Arms XII – Last Chance. Increased the threshold form 25% to 50%. Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 40seconds.
Defense 25 – Armored Attack. Increased conversion rate from 5% to 10%.
Defense XII – Spiked Armor. Reduced the recharge from 15s to 10s.
Tactics 25 – Reviver’s Might. Now applies 3 stacks of Might instead of 1.
Discipline II – Thrill of the Kill. Increased Adrenaline gain from 1 to 10.
Combustive Shot – Increased pulse duration to 3s. Increased burn duration per pulse to 3s. Normalized damage per pulse. Updated pulses per tier to 2, 3,and 4 respectively for tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3.

Granted, some of those buffs were deserved, but then again, all of the nerfs were easily foreseeable and are very much deserved, or are anyways inapplicable.

And let’s not forget how good the warrior’s heal is, either…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

mini.6018

Granted, some of those buffs were deserved, but then again, all of the nerfs were easily foreseeable and are very much deserved, or are anyways inapplicable.

And let’s not forget how good the warrior’s heal is, either…

So they nerf some USELESS traits that no one ever uses(altough i use reckless dodge myself) and nerf by 25% overall damage .

Nope.It’s a simple shave,cut down,hammered *NERF*Burst mastery and longbow nerf by more than 33% is just too much for no reason.The 130 range mace getting a nerf making it’s a joke even in the best scenario.

Tactics 25 – Reviver’s Might. Now applies 3 stacks of Might instead of 1.

You consider revivers might a buff ? Who the heck needs 3 stacks of might when reviving someone seriously .Just delete the trait already .They even put time to do this lol.I’m amazed

Combustive Shot – Increased pulse duration to 3s. Increased burn duration per pulse to 3s. Normalized damage per pulse. Updated pulses per tier to 2, 3,and 4 respectively for tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3.

You just listed a 33% to 50% damage nerf to combustive shot as a buff ? o.O

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

Alright, let’s look at this a bit more objectively, outside the realm of comparing nerfs and buffs, and instead looking at comparisons of skills between classes.

After the nerf, Earthshaker will still be doing at least 45.66% of the damage done by a back-sided Backstab (I say “at least” because ANet is rather odd with its mathematics), the thief skill most often complained about by your class. However, people don’t use Earthshaker for the damage, realistically speaking; they use it for the stun, which lasts quite a long time and covers a fair range, and has, relatively speaking, a short cast time.

On the other hand, Backbreaker will still do over half of the damage that a back-sided BS will do, and, again, it comes with a long CC.

As others have said, the 3% damage nerf to Burst Mastery is very small, and, when other things such as the buff to Great Fortitude are taken into account, this nerf means virtually nothing.

And while I misread the fact about Combustive Shot, the increase in burn duration makes up for the pulses.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

As others have said, the 3% damage nerf to Burst Mastery is very small, and, when other things such as the buff to Great Fortitude are taken into account, this nerf means virtually nothing.

Keep in mind please, that Burst Mastery affects all the weapons the warriors is using. So a 3% Damage reduction to 10% Damage Trait will hurt other weaker builds. So we are talking a 3% damage reduction from a 10% Damage to :

• Eviscerate
  • Arcing Slice
  • Earthshaker
  • Combustive Shot
  • Skull Crack
  • Kill Shot
  • Flurry
  • Forceful Shot
  • Whirling Strike

Regards

Seed

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

Keep in mind please, that Burst Mastery affects all the weapons the warriors is using. So a 3% Damage reduction to 10% Damage Trait will hurt other weaker builds. So we are talking a 3% damage reduction from a 10% Damage to :

• Eviscerate
  • Arcing Slice
  • Earthshaker
  • Combustive Shot
  • Skull Crack
  • Kill Shot
  • Flurry
  • Forceful Shot
  • Whirling Strike

Regards

Seed

Yes, I realize that.

I also realize that many of these attacks have insanely high skill coefficients as well, and that 3% less damage is practically equivalent to only three stacks of Vulnerability, which is a fairly bad condition as it is unless applied in great quantities.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

I also realize that many of these attacks have insanely high skill coefficients as well, and that 3% less damage is practically equivalent to only three stacks of Vulnerability, which is a fairly bad condition as it is unless applied in great quantities.

I would like to see how glad would you be to run around, with 3 stacks of vulnerability on your char 24/7. I know i wouldn´t be that excited for that.

Regards

Seed

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I don´t like the Hammer and Bow Nerfs in PvE. They are already weaker choices, so i see no reason to make them completly “broken”.

Splitting PvE/WvsW/PvP can´t come soon enough.

in Warrior

mini.6018

And while I misread the fact about Combustive Shot, the increase in burn duration makes up for the pulses.

And what makes up for the 33% physical damage i lose plus extra 3% from burst mastery lost? Combustive shot was already ninja nerfed from 240 radius(since release that no one ever complained about) to 180 at lvl1.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combustive_Shot

Do you even know what you are talking about ? Devs believe this skill also gives andrenaline.Actuall they are convinced about it.Its like Devs believe guardian has stealth,pretty much on par.So what am i expecting from the random forum balance joe? sadface

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

And what makes up for the 33% physical damage i lose plus extra 3% from burst mastery lost? Combustive shot was already ninja nerfed from 240 radius(since release that no one ever complained about) to 180 at lvl1.

Do you even know what you are talking about ? Devs believe this skill also gives andrenaline.Actuall they are convinced about it.Its like Devs believe guardian has stealth,pretty much on par.So what am i expecting from the random forum balance joe? sadface

Well, Furious makes the crits on Combustive Shot give adrenaline. Same is true for Flurry.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Well, Furious makes the crits on Combustive Shot give adrenaline. Same is true for Flurry.

So nerf flurry too .It would give more andrenaline..Whoooooops i think i just gave the balance team an ideea.The sad truth.Nerf 1hundreed blades for giving too much andrenaline,make it so you are rooted while you are casting it(ohwait!).Nerf axe nr5,too much andrenaline with axe mastery and furious.Axe chain autoattack too fast for andrenaline,make it hit once every 3 seconds only,Too many hits in chain make it only 2 out of 3..and so on. Wtb some logic please.

I know the devs like to use greatsword/longbow for fun and for pug blobing or in pve but i am also sorry to say it’s even the wrong pve build except out of dungeons.Anet should not have personel like these in charge with balancing.What if i don’t want to pick 30 points in arms.No pvper ever in his right mind would pick 30 in arms as a warrior.Should all weapons be able do do any damage only if i pick up the devs favourite(very bad) build?They should have the basic knowledge about the skills/traits and classes they are touching

I have a few questins for the dev using gs/longbow who thinks combustive shot is op for Andrenaline Gain and considers it needs a DAMAGE NERF in the process because even if it was true that everyone run 30 in arms builds :

Did you ever fought a mesmer?
Did you ever fought a s/d thief?
Did you ever fought a zoo ranger?
Did you ever fought a minionmancer or any necro?
Did you ever fought a pvp match ever?
Did you ever joined a dueling arena ever?

Thank you.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Madax.1053

Madax.1053

I don’t get this, people are QQing (and worse ANET is accommodating these people because they’d rather cry about it than do what good players do which is learn and adapt) because the highly visible and easily dodged attacks from Hammer Warriors are finally viable since now you actually have to be mindful of when you dodge and pop stunbreakers otherwise you will have to pay the price for not playing attentively… but it’s okay for a MM Necro to immobilize you for a day, then knock you down with a Flesh Golem, all the while dropping condition after condition on you? Or for a shatter mesmer to throw up 3 clones, blast you with a Magic Bullet-Blurred Frenzy-Mindwrack combo, and then throw up 3 more clones like nothing in a matter of seconds and hit you with Diversion? And don’t even get me started on a decent thief using Basilisk Venom, then bursting down three-quarters of your health only to vanish into stealth if you manage to survive. I just don’t understand why people are so kitten that warriors finally have a viable range of CC that has the ability to do damage without having to be full beserker…

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Its a mistake to buff other classes then touch warriors. If you want to nerf warriors don’t touch other classes. If you think warriors were too strong then why nerf the thing that people QQ about then buff a bunch of other warrior things that no one is QQing about. End result the same. Waste of effing time. then you buff other professions that don’t need buffed to make it look like you are doing somthing to cater to the QQers. Excelent job ANET you dont ever balance shyt u shift power around.

Welcome warriors back to the bottom of the barrel again becasue that is exactly what just happened. And I don’t care if you don’t like what i said it needs to be said.

This is what you did ANET you reneged the buffs that made warrior viable in SPVP then buffed everyone else higher than they were before you buffed warriors. Now warriors are in a worst state than they were before.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

took months of slow careful buffs, then one giant nerf down?

I really dont want warrior to play like an npc with big slow easily dodged attacks and herky jeky animations, ala the toxin baron npc

mace is not doing high damage or aoe damage/cc, not sure why it needed to be nerfed too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Guys. There has never been a balanced MMO. Relax. It’s all good either way. Either you’re fighting with advantage or a disadvantage. Nothing in the universe, virtual nor real is balanced. Chaos is harmony. Fight with pride and a head held high. As longas the game is fun.
Skills being more or less powerful really in the end of the day have nothing to do with what actually is going on. – What you creatively can do with it. If we stop thinking in problems and getting upset at people with other opinions(just a fact of life) and just accept it as it is – We be much happier.

Things rarely, ever will be like we want it to be in our heads. I believe this is one of the cornerstones of maturity.
If you are a Hammer Warrior and you love your build – Then what can you do now that will work? What still works? If Only ES was the good skill, didn’t that really say something about the design spec flaws in that entire weapon and trait set? I think it does. All weapons to me work like a sub class. A different way of play depending on what you take, and because of that all 5 skills should work, and inter-mingle with other sub-classes “weapon types and traits”.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

What an odd selection of changes.
Admittedly walking in here the only thing I really wanted to see a nerf on was that Healing Signet.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Massive Warrior changes inbound tomorrow … there have been no comments from this or any other thread from ANet regarding anything from Warrior constructive feedback.

/cricket

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Parking shiny warrior for now…

Valet please bring my engi around. And take my necro to the wash, he’s covered in enemy blood.

Thus a new dawn begins.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Massive Warrior changes inbound tomorrow … there have been no comments from this or any other thread from ANet regarding anything from Warrior constructive feedback.

/cricket

Right?! How frustrating… especially this part:

JonP: “We’re nerfing Combustive Shot!”
Warriors: “Why?!”
JonP: “It’s too good at recharging it’s own adrenaline bar.”
Warriors: “What?! But it doesn’t even generate adrenaline!”
JonP: “…..”
/thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

/cricket

Right?! How frustrating… especially this part:

JonP: “We’re nerfing Combustive Shot!”
Warriors: “Why?!”
JonP: “It’s too good at recharging it’s own adrenaline bar.”
Warriors: “What?! But it doesn’t even generate adrenaline!”
JonP: “…..”
/thread

^this

^yup yup

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in Warrior

Posted by: Sixpool.9421

Sixpool.9421

Is this some kinda joke? Not only are you reducing damage, your moving key skills and lowering damage on multiple abilities? Are you kittening high?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Anet looks forces warriors to run gs
Too many nerf in active skills and buff in passive skills…
I prefer a nerf in healing signet that in combustive shot :/

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Aaaaaand of course the pulse speed nerf went through.
“Combustive Shot: Increased the pulse duration to 3 seconds. Normalized the damage per pulse.”
Increased pulse duration… almost sounds like a buff.

Now it’s perfect for only hitting players with a single pulse that does even less damage for a power build….. and doing mad DPS to AFK people! Woohoo.

What a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

^ Why are u surprised? I told ya they going to nerf it no matter what. They simply dont give a kitten what warrior community got to say.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Thank You! Arena.net for taking serious responsible action against this Op class.

I honor you for taking a strong stand against Imbalance Warrior and abiding by the Law of Balance.

No class should should be Supreme in all weapons, skills, and stats without sacrificing any weaknesses whatsoever.

Warriors, accept the truth and move on; you were out of control and had be dealt with in due time.

As the saying goes, “In the end, the Truth Reign Supreme”

Well Done!

Arena.net

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Thank You! Arena.net for taking serious responsible action against this Op class.

I honor you for taking a strong stand against Imbalance Warrior and abiding by Balance.

No class should should be all Superior in weapons and skills without sacrificing any weaknesses.

Warriors, accept the truth and move on.

Well Done!

Arena.net

Im sure i also seen ya complaining about killshot damage. Yeah move on bc i can’t laugh everytime i see “truth” and i don’t even joke. I really laugh. And btw i still faceroll ppl as pre patch. Don’t thanks to em yet

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

I honor you for taking a strong stand against Imbalance Warrior and abiding by Balance.

No class should should be all Superior in weapons and skills without sacrificing any weaknesses.

Well Done!

Arena.net

Im sure i also seen ya complaining about killshot damage. Yeah move on bc i can’t laugh everytime i see “truth” and i don’t even joke. I really laugh. And btw i still faceroll ppl as pre patch. Don’t thanks to em yet

The truth is admitting what is wrong, not being in denial of it

In other word, you are right!

The Truth must be taken seriously

and that is what Arena.net have done

As the saying goes, “if you can not admit, accept, your wrongdoing, you will never change for the better”

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Well Done!

Arena.net

As the saying goes, “if you can not admit, accept, your wrongdoing, you will never change for the better”

Don’t take it as insult, but i suggest to visit a doctor, a good one. Everything that AN did was taking qq of noobs seriously. Well go to pvp and 1v1 some hammer warrior and check urself if u did better, just dont come back to qq for more nerfs bc u still cant beat one

in Warrior

Posted by: Padrion.7382

Padrion.7382

I love how the devs pretended to care for constructive feedback and stuff and then release the patch with no changes to the early preview.

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

Well Done!

Arena.net

Don’t take it as insult, but i suggest to visit a doctor, a good one. Everything that AN did was taking qq of noobs seriously. Well go to pvp and 1v1 some hammer warrior and check urself if u did better, just dont come back to qq for more nerfs bc u still cant beat one

In fact i do take that very seriously!!

“Everything that AN did was taking qq of noobs seriously”. In other word, not giving the other player a fair chance in the battlefield is being a noob/qq?

For example; if you want to fight me; you have a hammer and i have a stick, am i being a ‘noob/qq’ for calling it unfair?

ex; if we both have a hammer; yours with 10x damage and min with 1x damage, am i a ‘noob/qq’ for calling that foul play?

Seriously,

(you warriors need to be humble to have anything going good for you)

As the saying goes, “The Way Of The Warrior Is Not In His Strength, but In His Submission

in Warrior

Dand.8231

“Everything that AN did was taking qq of noobs seriously”. In other word, not giving the other player a fair chance in the battlefield is being a noob/qq?

For example; if you want to fight me; you have a hammer and i have a stick, am i being a ‘noob/qq’ for calling it unfair?

ex; if we both have a hammer; yours with 10x damage and min with 1x damage, am i a ‘noob/qq’ for calling that foul play?

Seriously,

As the saying goes, “The Way Of The Warrior Is Not In His Strength, but In His Submission

Yeah… those sayings you keep mentioning? Not real sayings. You’re just pulling them out of your backside. In fact, I’m fairly certain that applies to 95% of your forum post content actually.

You ramble on about truth! which is actually just your personal opinion. Opinions can neither be right nor wrong. But you are wrong when you start claiming your opinion is truth.

The truth is that class balance is highly subjective. It is EXTREMELY difficult to balance moves which are similar with moves that are dissimilar, even if their goal is the same. It goes into a whole ’nother level when you try to add unique mechanics, traits, build diversity, etc.

To FURTHER complicate that, you throw the META into the mix. The meta can easily take an ability and, while mechanically is considered to be OP and may in fact be quite powerful, reduce it’s effectiveness to a balanced state. Why? Because everyone knows about it, and everyone knows how to counter it, and is prepared to do exactly that.
For example: Bulls/100b was “TEH OP!” way back when, till everyone realized “stunbreaker, GG”.

And after preaching all about your so alled truth, you make highly absurd examples, like “yours with 10x damage and min [sic] with 1x damage”

And let’s not overlook this gem of yours: " you warriors need to be humble to have anything going good for you "

So in that simple statement, you’ve made it obvious that you’re both biased against the Warrior class, and that you clearly see this as an “US versus THEM” argument, and not a constructive discussion about balance.

I mean this sincerely: please stop posting in the warrior forum, forever.

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

Seriously,

Yeah… those sayings you keep mentioning? Not real sayings. You’re just pulling them out of your backside. In fact, I’m fairly certain that applies to 95% of your forum post content actually.

You ramble on about truth! which is actually just your personal opinion. Opinions can neither be right nor wrong. But you are wrong when you start claiming your opinion is truth.

The truth is that class balance is highly subjective. It is EXTREMELY difficult to balance moves which are similar with moves that are dissimilar, even if their goal is the same. It goes into a whole ’nother level when you try to add unique mechanics, traits, build diversity, etc.

To FURTHER complicate that, you throw the META into the mix. The meta can easily take an ability and, while mechanically is considered to be OP and may in fact be quite powerful, reduce it’s effectiveness to a balanced state. Why? Because everyone knows about it, and everyone knows how to counter it, and is prepared to do exactly that.
For example: Bulls/100b was “TEH OP!” way back when, till everyone realized “stunbreaker, GG”.

And after preaching all about your so alled truth, you make highly absurd examples, like “yours with 10x damage and min [sic] with 1x damage”

And let’s not overlook this gem of yours: " you warriors need to be humble to have anything going good for you "

So in that simple statement, you’ve made it obvious that you’re both biased against the Warrior class, and that you clearly see this as an “US versus THEM” argument, and not a constructive discussion about balance.

I mean this sincerely: please stop posting in the warrior forum, forever.

Way of the Warrior

A Warrior has no reason to be Cruel.

They do not need to prove their Strength.

A Warrior is Courteous even to his enemies.

Without this outward show of Respect,

we are nothing more than Animals

-

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Way of the Warrior

A Warrior has no reason to be Cruel.

They do not need to prove their Strength.

A Warrior is Courteous even to his enemies.

Without this outward show of Respect,

we are nothing more than Animals

-

Keep animals out of it okay? If ya thinking human is greater than a animal, something is wrong with ya.