Decided to drop Arms PVE

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I wanted to use berserker so I said meh to heck with number crunching let me just use it.

I really, really, really enjoy going berserk. It feels so strong and fast, which is how warrior should be.

Now, this is for PVE, but GS/Rifle is working wonders. I was able to solo all of tangled paths and got 9/11 hero points alone, needed help clearing event for one, and the other im going to go get later. Im not at all saying its better than baseline warrior, cuz its not, but the 12-16k gun flame on a regular basis is very convenient.

Now I havent ran any fracs yet so its probably all an illusion, but I can at least say I tried right?

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I think in open world pve bezerker is fine but the numbers still come out with arms on top. That being said it’s not a huge different with the math I got and in fights where have some disconnect it might pull even with riffle

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Throdin.8061

Throdin.8061

Came to the forums to make this same thread but since its already here…

I’m actually running Str/Def/Zerk in PvE now using GS/ Mace-shield. Though when going into fractals or any group content, it’s real easy to drop def for arms again.

The synergy zerker has with def makes you practically unkillable in the stun-happy zones of HoT where everything can stun you. Mounts? Chargers? Vinetails? All they want to do be a bro and give you that rousing resilience.

Mace-Shield+ Headbutt allows you to essentially break even some of the tougher defiance bars all on your own. And the missile deflection alone from shield master closes some of the DPS gap of not having arms, simply because everything its so kitten hard in HoT.

I plan to give it a whirl for a while and try getting into higher fracts with it. I still think that it’ll be weaker, but its a bit more fun than being able to 2 shot anything on paper but being CC’d or dead for the entire fight.

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Zipster.5190

Zipster.5190

Came to the forums to make this same thread but since its already here…

I’m actually running Str/Def/Zerk in PvE now using GS/ Mace-shield. Though when going into fractals or any group content, it’s real easy to drop def for arms again.

The synergy zerker has with def makes you practically unkillable in the stun-happy zones of HoT where everything can stun you. Mounts? Chargers? Vinetails? All they want to do be a bro and give you that rousing resilience.

Mace-Shield+ Headbutt allows you to essentially break even some of the tougher defiance bars all on your own. And the missile deflection alone from shield master closes some of the DPS gap of not having arms, simply because everything its so kitten hard in HoT.

I plan to give it a whirl for a while and try getting into higher fracts with it. I still think that it’ll be weaker, but its a bit more fun than being able to 2 shot anything on paper but being CC’d or dead for the entire fight.

Hey Throdin, do you happen to have a build that lists your weapons, armor, and stats? Been looking for something like this, to be more tanky, but still deal a decent amount of DPS. Thanks!

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Throdin.8061

Throdin.8061

Hey Throdin, do you happen to have a build that lists your weapons, armor, and stats? Been looking for something like this, to be more tanky, but still deal a decent amount of DPS. Thanks!

Sure thing, went and cooked it up on the editor for ya.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR5enckCFeg9dAmkCEliliAzYA8ACAIlgWQz7d4mcfuA

Note that everything in the zerker line can be substituted from the top traits to the bottom line of traits for survivability. Also almost every trait in defense tree can be changed according to the situation (although I havent seen a need for last stand or cull the weak yet)

Also, despite people saying Blood Reckoning is terrible (I assume they meant in PvP)- it lets you face tank serious damage and will heal you to full from near-death twice over while you’re in berserk mode.

I run Berserker stats with Ruby Orbs because I have no money for Runes of Strength.

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I think in open world pve bezerker is fine but the numbers still come out with arms on top. That being said it’s not a huge different with the math I got and in fights where have some disconnect it might pull even with riffle

Nope.

Strength, Tactics, Bers is well ahead of Arms for group play. Not particularly close.

For open world, Strength, Arms, Berserker is insane.

P.S. Rifle? Oh my eyes…

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: deeg.9162

deeg.9162

Strength, Tactics, Bers is well ahead of Arms for group play. Not particularly close.

Need details!

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Nope.

P.S. Rifle? Oh my eyes…

agreed wit all of the above. Im still not sure if im SOLD on berserker being “good” but… well im not sure what to think. But the dps im pulling off is ridiculous. I feel much more powerful than my herald tbh

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

For open world HoT play str/def/zerk is simply awesome.

Full DPS-like damage while being pretty much unkillable with with the free Defy Pain, stunbreaks for days, the 1000 thoughness + heal that comes with them (Rousing Resilence) or even Dead or Alive for when you go full kitten? Yes please.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Need details!

https://youtu.be/rFxQry80A8g

My new build guide will be up soon™ but here is a 1 min dps rotation clip. This rotation with Str, Tac, Bers is about 15% better DPS than Str, Arms, Tac.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

@ Nike had a long break in pve and I would like to switch maybe to sinister because the possibility to stack a huge amount of burning (25 stacks) with the new longbow f1 skill looks awesome. How is it in comparison with the generall zerk build?

Grimkram [sS]

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Vipers/Sinister warrior is decent dps (better than old str/arms/tac, worse than str/tac/bers) but suffers from a lack of utility due to no EA no PS. Also, its very squishy since you don’t have WWA to give that built in evade.

It’s pretty kitten fun though.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Need details!

My new build guide will be up soon™ but here is a 1 min dps rotation clip. This rotation with Str, Tac, Bers is about 15% better DPS than Str, Arms, Tac.

I’m curious as to how these numbers are figured. Is the dps rotation done assuming max might/vuln. How much does it factor pesonal dps to team dps buff? Does it change depending on team comp?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Vipers/Sinister warrior is decent dps (better than old str/arms/tac, worse than str/tac/bers) but suffers from a lack of utility due to no EA no PS. Also, its very squishy since you don’t have WWA to give that built in evade.

It’s pretty kitten fun though.

aight thanks.however I will defintly try it out I guess

Grimkram [sS]

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Need details!

I’m curious as to how these numbers are figured. Is the dps rotation done assuming max might/vuln. How much does it factor pesonal dps to team dps buff? Does it change depending on team comp?

For warrior it’s easy. Record a rotation, calculate how many coefficients are done in that time frame. Plug the number into the damage formula with whatever buffs you want to assume for might/vuln etc and get a result. Classes with condi damage require a lot more work, but we have tools for that too.

For what its worth, when DnT says a dps number the buffs we assume are: 25 Might, 25 vuln, banners, fury, empowered allies and assassins presence since those are the buffs you would get in a meta group ideally.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Need details!

For warrior it’s easy. Record a rotation, calculate how many coefficients are done in that time frame. Plug the number into the damage formula with whatever buffs you want to assume for might/vuln etc and get a result. Classes with condi damage require a lot more work, but we have tools for that too.

For what its worth, when DnT says a dps number the buffs we assume are: 25 Might, 25 vuln, banners, fury, empowered allies and assassins presence since those are the buffs you would get in a meta group ideally.

I see y my numbers differed. I was adding in vuln from arms line as a "dps increase "

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Need details!

I see y my numbers differed. I was adding in vuln from arms line as a "dps increase "

It’s something to consider, for sure. But remember that Rending Strikes is worth something around 2 stacks of vuln over time. The builds are far enough apart in DPS that even giving the Arms build another 2% modifier wouldn’t matter.

FWIW, the problem with counting vuln creation as personal DPS is it would make power engie or deathshroud necro the highest two DPS builds in the game, since they would have an additional 15-20% DPS modifier. It makes sense to note how much vuln a build creates for the purposes of team building, but shouldn’t play much of a part in personal DPS.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

I made my calculations more so to find the increased team dps a class gives out. But I can see how counting vuln for each class can scew thing. I guess might/vuln/fury need to be more of a “what brings these things while still being good personal dps”

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Azure.8670

@ NikeEU thank you for number crunching. Ive been so busy between DH Reaper and Herald as well, I havent had time to focus on Berserker. I was pretty positive berserker could replace Arms even in BWE3 but people said it wasnt worth it. I think youre the only person that said it could of possibly be a dps increase but had to number crunch.

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

The Bereserker is the worst HoT elite spec hands down. There is no possible way to defend it or argue against that fact.
The berserker spec trait like actually DOWNGRADES the warrior and makes him weaker, you won’t see a single Warrior grind for the hero points nor bother to get the elite spec. And in PVP they prefer remaining as a warrior.
Compared to the Necros,guards,rangers and thieves for example. Who have elite skills that nearly double their strengths, and no life the game for 10 hours a day in the jungle just to get those powerful Elite specs.
Months of balancing and ideas and yet Arena net somehow managed to find a way to make Warriors WEAKER with the elite spec. My mind is blown.

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Azure.8670

The Bereserker is the worst HoT elite spec hands down. There is no possible way to defend it or argue against that fact.
The berserker spec trait like actually DOWNGRADES the warrior and makes him weaker, you won’t see a single Warrior grind for the hero points nor bother to get the elite spec. And in PVP they prefer remaining as a warrior.
Compared to the Necros,guards,rangers and thieves for example. Who have elite skills that nearly double their strengths, and no life the game for 10 hours a day in the jungle just to get those powerful Elite specs.
Months of balancing and ideas and yet Arena net somehow managed to find a way to make Warriors WEAKER with the elite spec. My mind is blown.

berserker as of right now could be the highest dps spec. need to test more, but its up there

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

berserker as of right now could be the highest dps spec. need to test more, but its up there

Even as a joke that statement doesn’t make sense.

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Assuming other people are buffing you and you can go full selfish with runes of the scholar and max dps food, Strength, Arms, Berserker DPS is pretty high up the food chain. unfortunately, the concept of bringing a warrior for selfish DPS isn’t the best idea ever.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Decided to drop Arms PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Defense zerker does seem to have some great combos for being stupidly hard to kill. I’d be nice if burning arrows wan’t in tactics…