Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Deep Strike is kind of buggy and worthless. I think it could use a big change and moved from Arms to Discipline and Mobile Strikes should be in Arms. Both traits are underused and I would like to move them and improve the functionality of both.

Arms
I: Mobile Strikes Tier: Adept Type: Major
Movement skills break immobilize and cure a condition.

Discipline
X: Deep Strike Tier: Master Type: Major
Signet passive effects are improved.

Dolyak Signet: 5% Damage Reduction.
Healing Signet: +20% Base Healing Increase.
Signet of Fury: +5% Critical Chance.
Signet of Might: +5% Base Damage.
Signet of Stamina: +5% Max Health.
Signet of Rage: Transfer a condition to your foe every ten seconds on hit.

Arms has the most mobile weapons, Sword and Greatsword. I think Mobile Strikes is also a bit overwhelming for an X trait and would be much better as a minor arms trait.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Lol…condition immunity (considering the amount of mobile skills available to warriors) and even more insane healing….godmode, please?

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Lol…condition immunity (considering the amount of mobile skills available to warriors) and even more insane healing….godmode, please?

Welcome to average Daecollo’s suggestion level.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It about averages what other classes get in passive condition removal. Warriors heal less then rangers do and have less evades/protection/ect ect. Please stop your QQs and learn to use stun breaks.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

we have enough skills and traits that allow to purge conditions.

and…

lmao xdddd

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

and…

lmao xdddd

You know, its nice if every line had its own way of doing something, it builds diversity so everyone isn’t in the same spec.

Do you know how games work, or are you just complaining to complain?

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Iavra.8510

It about averages what other classes get in passive condition removal.

“Other classes” don’t get -33% cripple/chill/immob duration, 2 stability skills (+ elite), a maximum of 3 cleanses every 5 sec via Cleansing Ire (yeah, blind yadda yadda) and/or virtual immunity against immobilize via movement skills.

Warriors heal less then rangers do

Yeah, sure…apart from being not true, rangers also got less hp and armor than warriors.

Please stop your QQs and learn to use stun breaks.

What do stunbreaks have to do with condition immunity and superior ability? Whatever…try comparing your stun cds to the stunbreak cds of…well, every class. And remember: Not everyone is able to spam stability like warriors can.

/edit: But in all honesty: Warriors really don’t need more healing and cleansing. Other classes survive with a lot less of both and doing fine, so can you (and no, you don’t need stealth/blinks when you can pop in and out of combat like eles used to while 15s+ bleeds keep your enemy infight).

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It about averages what other classes get in passive condition removal.

“Other classes” don’t get -33% cripple/chill/immob duration, 2 stability skills (+ elite), a maximum of 3 cleanses every 5 sec via Cleansing Ire (yeah, blind yadda yadda) and/or virtual immunity against immobilize via movement skills.

Elementalist
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcs9kv9Mo0v9Mo9Mx9cRs
Oh look, that trait, 2 stability skills, an elite stability skills and that

They also can get way more then 3 condition removals every so-so seconds, they also get forms which makes them invulnerable (immune to CC)

Looks like you need to research other classes more before posting here good sir. You kind of show how little you actually know and just QQ.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

~2% crit per unused sig is pretty good for a adept trait, sig warriors they r not weak(they can hit like a truck), pertty good build if said warrior is lone wolf and have no friends to do stuff with and runs around in open world areas, only reason people dont run them is cause they dont make your dungeon group stronger, however when there is 4-5 warrior in group for a dungeon runs, getting 40k hundred blades with a sig warrior is no surprise

Mobile Strikes is good for running away from anything, its meant for getting the hell out of there and fight another day/minute in pvp/wvw

every trait have their use in some situations

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

~2% crit per unused sig is pretty good for a adept trait, sig warriors they r not weak(they can hit like a truck), pertty good build if said warrior is lone wolf and have no friends to do stuff with and runs around in open world areas, only reason people dont run them is cause they dont make your dungeon group stronger, however when there is 4-5 warrior in group for a dungeon runs, getting 40k hundred blades with a sig warrior is no surprise

Mobile Strikes is good for running away from anything, its meant for getting the hell out of there and fight another day/minute in pvp/wvw

every trait have their use in some situations

2% per unused Signet at level 80, is abyssmal, and not worth it due to the other lines in the tree that add at least a base +10% Critical Chance.

Why use that when there is an almost 100% guarenteed 20% critical chance right next to it? It makes NO SENSE

It doesn’t do that well, Mobile Strikes is a pretty poorly made trait, because by the time you use the skill, you don’t need to use it anymore. It cures as soon as you use the skill but you can still be immobilized, ect ect.

It is way to situational for a 20 point trait.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Iavra.8510

Considering how powerful immobilize right now is (an immobilized thief/mesmer/ele can be killed in seconds if properly executed), i’d dare to say it’s one of the best traits in the game.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Considering how powerful immobilize right now is (an immobilized thief/mesmer/ele can be killed in seconds if properly executed), i’d dare to say it’s one of the best traits in the game.

The problem it, it cures it when you don’t need it cured. When ya cure it it is usually when ya DON’T need to cure it when its put on ya.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

lmao I love that at some point he just ignores that people laugh at his ridiculously one-sided warrior “suggestions”

reading his threads and the replies are always a good laugh

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

and…

lmao xdddd

You know, its nice if every line had its own way of doing something, it builds diversity so everyone isn’t in the same spec.

Do you know how games work, or are you just complaining to complain?

If you checked some of my post here and there you would have seen that I’m never complaining and that I’m sad that Anet didn’t made lots of weapons skills like in Guild Wars 1.
How do you want us to see your post as serious with all the imba things you’re asking for. It’s just nonsense.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: tofukiller.9842

tofukiller.9842

Yeah totally necessary 500 hp/s from healing signet. Sounds reasonable. How about increasing the damage of Earthshaker, so i can finally crit people for 10k+? Those 7-8k crits are getting quite boring.

Seriously, every time I come to the warrior forum and see there is a new thread by Daecollo, I instantly cringe.

Thanatar – Warrior of [AMOK]

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah totally necessary 500 hp/s from healing signet. Sounds reasonable. How about increasing the damage of Earthshaker, so i can finally crit people for 10k+? Those 7-8k crits are getting quite boring.

Seriously, every time I come to the warrior forum and see there is a new thread by Daecollo, I instantly cringe.

Its not that powerful. I don’t see why you have such a problem with it. The biggest problem is stuns and those are getting nerfed.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

As a 5 Signet warrior, I’d prefer if my build was left alone. I enjoy what Deep Strikes offers, even though I’m not exactly happy with the nerf personally.

It doesn’t have any conditions that need to be met besides the signets for it to remain in effect, can’t be removed/countered and it doesn’t destroy my traitline just to make up for a loss of critical chance.

Used to work well for my crit build before Heightened Focus got changed around and if that extra boost of power is required, SoR can easily put it up a bit more.

I still think its a good trait, even if its not a popular one.

Duty is heavier than death.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

As a 5 Signet warrior, I’d prefer if my build was left alone. I enjoy what Deep Strikes offers, even though I’m not exactly happy with the nerf personally.

It doesn’t have any conditions that need to be met besides the signets for it to remain in effect, can’t be removed/countered and it doesn’t destroy my traitline just to make up for a loss of critical chance.

Used to work well for my crit build before Heightened Focus got changed around and if that extra boost of power is required, SoR can easily put it up a bit more.

I still think its a good trait, even if its not a popular one.

What makes it a good trait?

With 4 Signets (because I know you use SoR.) its only 160 precision, and that is using all 4 signets on your bar.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Arms
I: Mobile Strikes Tier: Adept Type: Major
Movement skills break immobilize and cure a condition.

Seriously? Have you looked at the cooldowns on the skills that trigger Mobile Strikes?. Savage Leap is 8 seconds. Whirlwind Attack is 8/10 seconds. Eviscerate is 7.75-10 seconds. Earthshaker is 7.75-10s.

The last two are especially bad considering that they already benefit from Cleansing Ire. Cleansing Ire with this trait of yours would mean that Eviscerate and Earthshaker clean 4 conditions every 8-10s and break immobilize. While you might argue that it takes 50 points to get the best benefit, that’s a rather moot argument considering that pretty much everyone is already doing that.

Also, I find it rather convenient that you moved the trait from Discipline to Arms. Because for a GS user, the Major Adept traits don’t really have anything good. Same is true if you’re using a non-condi Sword MH. Not to mention that also goes well with a 0/20/20/0/30 Axe MH build (which is what I am running, btw). The only build that would be inconvenienced would be a Hammer build, since they generally go 0/10/30/0/30, meaning that they would have to choose between your Mobile Strikes and Unsuspecting Foe.

Discipline
X: Deep Strike Tier: Master Type: Major
Signet passive effects are improved.

Dolyak Signet: 5% Damage Reduction.
Healing Signet: +20% Base Healing Increase.
Signet of Fury: +5% Critical Chance.
Signet of Might: +5% Base Damage.
Signet of Stamina: +5% Max Health.
Signet of Rage: Transfer a condition to your foe every ten seconds on hit.

Wow, talk about an insane buff. Healing Signet would go from 392 hp/s to 470 hp/s? Signet of Stamina would give +92 vitality minimum? Signet of Might would give a total of +220 power minimum?

The thing is, our signets fall pretty clearly into three categories:

1. Signets where you only ever use the passive. Healing Signet is currently the only one in this category. In PvE, Signet of Fury and Signet of Might also fall into this category.
  2. Signets where you only ever use the active. Signet of Rage is currently the only one in this category.
  3. Signets that have situational actives and thus spend majority of their time in passive. Every other signet falls into this category. Fury, Dolyak, Stamina and Might fall into this category.

The problem? Well, your trait would boost the signets in the first and third category by a massive factor. Why would I ever choose Balanced Stance if Dolyak gives me 180 Toughness and 5% damage reduction? Why would I not pick Signet of Fury and Signet of Might whenever I do non-group PvE?

And your idea wouldn’t fix what is wrong with Signets. It wouldn’t be enough to make people consider not using Signet of Rage. And it would make not using Healing Signet even better. And that’s wrong.

I do see your point though: Mobile Strikes currently competes with Dogged March and Deep Strike was only ever used in a 5 signet PvE build.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Talonblaze.3175

With 4 Signets (because I know you use SoR.) its only 160 precision, and that is using all 4 signets on your bar.

“Only” 160 precision? Ranger’s get a trait that gives the group roughly the equivalent, is that not a good trait? Why would they bother if 160 precision was so miniscule to people? Personally I find 160 to be quite a fair jump to be added.
I don’t have to worry about having to meet any condition requirements for me to keep it either. Nor have to make up for the loss precision through gear.

Also, imho the Signets are fine as they are. Healing Signet is already pretty awesome, Fury recently got a precision buff, the other seem a bit unnecessary or a bit over the top. Most notably the SoR one. I have the Sigil of Generosity on my Rifle, transferring conditions every 10 seconds is something I already do, and it is indeed very powerful and handy to have. But it’s quite out of place for the skill.

Signets aren’t for everyone, but I find it more of a ‘jack of all trades’ for the warrior. You usually aren’t left out of having anything and are always benefiting from them in some way.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I don’t see how something called Deep Strike increases Signet’s Passive effects. Granted, I don’t see how it works now. I think it should be.

Deep Strike: Do 5% more damage to Vulnerable foes

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

“Only” 160 precision? Ranger’s get a trait that gives the group roughly the equivalent, is that not a good trait? Why would they bother if 160 precision was so miniscule to people? Personally I find 160 to be quite a fair jump to be added.
I don’t have to worry about having to meet any condition requirements for me to keep it either. Nor have to make up for the loss precision through gear.

Also, imho the Signets are fine as they are. Healing Signet is already pretty awesome, Fury recently got a precision buff, the other seem a bit unnecessary or a bit over the top. Most notably the SoR one. I have the Sigil of Generosity on my Rifle, transferring conditions every 10 seconds is something I already do, and it is indeed very powerful and handy to have. But it’s quite out of place for the skill.

Signets aren’t for everyone, but I find it more of a ‘jack of all trades’ for the warrior. You usually aren’t left out of having anything and are always benefiting from them in some way.

That is an amazing skill, it gives everyone 160 precision and you don’t need EVERY SLOT filled to make it effective.

Deep Strike is a worthless trait, and needs adjusted. There is NO reason to take it when there is a fury buff right by it.

The trait does not even fit its name that well, Deep Strike doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Rings.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Talonblaze.3175

That is an amazing skill, it gives everyone 160 precision and you don’t need EVERY SLOT filled to make it effective.

Deep Strike is a worthless trait, and needs adjusted. There is NO reason to take it when there is a fury buff right by it.

The trait does not even fit its name that well, Deep Strike doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Rings.

Amazing? Last Time I checked, they had to waste a 20 points into a tier just to receive this benefit. The Warrior’s is only Adept and the more useful one of the two imo.

See, thats the thing about the 5 signet build, I was going to use them anyways? Deep Strikes or not, that would be my setup. I just find the trait a mere icing on the cake so to speak.

That ‘fury’ trait requires you to get hit. Something you should avoid doing to begin with. It only lasts for 10 seconds and it only stacks in duration with other fury. Meaning that 20% is all you are going to get. Where as activating SoR with Deep Strikes or any other source of Fury, I’m getting more. Not to mention the abysmal cooldown for it. (In regards to the fury aspect, the vigor isn’t bad) but for a whole 20 seconds, you have a worthless trait until cooldown all over again. This isn’t counting any actions that might cause you to waste that 10 seconds, such as using that vigor to actually get you out of a tough spot or healing if it was a heavy enough blow. In which case half of that trait has already been wasted.

Something that is persistent and can stack with other sources without a cooldown seems like a far greater benefit imo for what it’s purpose is for.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Amazing? Last Time I checked, they had to waste a 20 points into a tier just to receive this benefit. The Warrior’s is only Adept and the more useful one of the two imo.

See, thats the thing about the 5 signet build, I was going to use them anyways? Deep Strikes or not, that would be my setup. I just find the trait a mere icing on the cake so to speak.

That ‘fury’ trait requires you to get hit. Something you should avoid doing to begin with. It only lasts for 10 seconds and it only stacks in duration with other fury. Meaning that 20% is all you are going to get. Where as activating SoR with Deep Strikes or any other source of Fury, I’m getting more. Not to mention the abysmal cooldown for it. (In regards to the fury aspect, the vigor isn’t bad) but for a whole 20 seconds, you have a worthless trait until cooldown all over again. This isn’t counting any actions that might cause you to waste that 10 seconds, such as using that vigor to actually get you out of a tough spot or healing if it was a heavy enough blow. In which case half of that trait has already been wasted.

Something that is persistent and can stack with other sources without a cooldown seems like a far greater benefit imo for what it’s purpose is for.

Oh man.. getting hit to proc something ROCKET SCIENCE!

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Talonblaze.3175

Never said it was hard, any fool can get hit. The point is, you shouldn’t need to and the benefit from doing so is counter productive. Persistent & Stacking > Conditional & Not. That’s merely my argument.

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Never said it was hard, any fool can get hit. The point is, you shouldn’t need to and the benefit from doing so is counter productive. Persistent & Stacking > Conditional & Not. That’s merely my argument.

Protection/Berserker Stance/Endure Pain all require you to be hit as well to be effective. :P

Deep Strike/MS Revamp!

in Warrior

Talonblaze.3175

Protection/Berserker Stance/Endure Pain all require you to be hit as well to be effective. :P

Endure Pain makes you immune to damage. Getting hit isn’t a concern, nor does it require you to be hit. It’s merely a safeguard. But equipping that means you aren’t using a Signet, reducing Deep Strike’s effectiveness to begin with.

Beserker’s Stance is another preventive skill, it does not require to be hit, but rather prevent whatever does hit you. Just a flipside to ED. Again, takes up another slot, which does not benefit from Deep Strikes.

Protection is again, preventative. Although it doesn’t completely null damage, it reduces it. Protection isn’t something our class has much access to anyways, so why its even in here is beyond me.

Your fury trait, REQUIRES to be hit in order to activate. If you aren’t hit, it never procs.
Meaning, it has to be intentional. It’s an anti-safeguard trait. In order for it to be any use, you have to put yourself in notable risk in some fashion.

Regardless, you are arguing why Deep Strikes is worse than Furious Reaction, not comparing skills to said trait based on usefulness or effectiveness.