Defense/Discipline/Berserker

in Warrior

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It seems like all three of these trait lines are must-haves. Defense is needed for survivability, Discipline is needed for fast weapon swapping and 25% run speed, and Berserker is centralizing like every other elite spec. It feels like the other trait lines lack enough purpose to sacrifice Defense and Discipline for. These trait lines don’t even seem to be bad. They just lack compromises for sacrificing the trait lines that give warriors the survivability and flexibility they need to be viable.
Maybe I’m wrong. I don’t have a ton of experience with Warriors. However, from an outside perspective, it seems like the only difference between a power build and a condi build are 3 or 4 traits.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Discipline is not necessary. You get some nice features from it, but it’s not necessary.

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

Discipline is not necessary. You get some nice features from it, but it’s not necessary.

This. It’s super nice to have, sure, but the only line that’s absolutely essential at this point is defense. Strength, berserker, and discipline are all pretty strong lines with their own advantages, and any two can make for a solid build.

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

This. It’s super nice to have, sure, but the only line that’s absolutely essential at this point is defense. Strength, berserker, and discipline are all pretty strong lines with their own advantages, and any two can make for a solid build.

It should be said that some builds absolutely do require discipline. I’m not a pro warrior either, but if you’re going to run duel melee setups, then warriors sprint becomes very important, for example.

I’d also argue that if you’re not running Discipline you at least require Berserker to compensate.

That’s just how things go.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Disc is kinda mandatory if you solo roam in wvw, the extra speed and swaps etc in spvp doesnt matter as much

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

sorry but defense without discpline or berserker is trash

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Defense Strength Discipline

• Power warrior
  • Sheild/mace, Hammer, condi stomper.
  • Neither are trash
  • Largest number of players without HoT

Defense, Strength, Berserker

• Berserker Condi Stomper
  • Berserker Power Warrior
  • Neither is trash
  • Largest number of players who just want to play something different

Defense, discipline, Berserker

• Meta Condi
  • Meta Power
  • Obviously neither is trash
  • Has the largest population of elitist jerks calling all other warriors trash. Grow up people. play what you want, warrior is the only class where you can play this many builds and still have fun. next closest is thief, maybe

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

sorry but defense without discpline or berserker is trash

I accept your apology.

Now don’t get it wrong again.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

^ LOL. Well said sir, well said.

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

Personally if I were to choose, I’d sacrifice Defense over Discipline.. in my perspective with Defense you’d die just the same anyway, just slower.. I’d rather make the gamble press with the consistent pressure I am able to apply running the Discipline tree.

Stances on bar + Dodges.. not much difference just less time and less margins for error to do it.. so just do it.. >:D

But thats me, play what you want.. if it works, it works.. =D

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Personally if I were to choose, I’d sacrifice Defense over Discipline.. in my perspective with Defense you’d die just the same anyway, just slower.. I’d rather make the gamble press with the consistent pressure I am able to apply running the Discipline tree.

Stances on bar + Dodges.. not much difference just less time and less margins for error to do it.. so just do it.. >:D

If they can kite you for days, they’ll kite you for days, probably won’t change a thing..

But thats me, play what you want, to each his own.. if it works, it works.. =D

Giving up Defense is lol.

Good luck free bag.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

^ I’ve actually done it to some success has its pros and cons.. and yes I did help myself to some free bags.. >____~ Its definitely not for the faint of heart..

(edited by eXruina.4956)

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

why do people running axe/shield/GS prefer zerker over strength? i dont see the value, is it the headbutt/RR thing or what am i missing here?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

why do people running axe/shield/GS prefer zerker over strength? i dont see the value, is it the headbutt/RR thing or what am i missing here?

Just the utilities. Sure you miss out on some damage modifiers, but the AH change made Berserker > Vanilla. I personally enjoy Smash brawler with Cleansing Ire and Eternal Champion, I personally love having a ton of stability between having Zerk up almost always, 4-6 Primal bursts, low zerk CD, Outrage and Headbutt. Just ensures I have a constant 3 stacks of AH built up at all times.

RR+Savage instinct has it’s place, but imo after lots of experimenting, Cleansing Ire for building adrenaline and the condi clear is better overall than an occasional and very situational 8s toughness buff w/ a small heal, plus I’m trying not to get stunned or locked down.

CI helps you get more bursts off more often and I just enjoy really screwing over condi classes. I take EC because of all the garbage CC that’s out there now. Especially dazes, soft CC kittens us over big time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Mostly what Fujarir said. You have better condi cleanse, arguably more sustain since AH is ezmode on zerker, better stability uptime, much much much more cleave thanks to arc divider and decapitate, which shows its use when fighting classes with AI or in team fights and more CC. Vanilla Axe shield might have better spike damage on eviscerates but everybody and their grandmother can dodge it nowadays.

I skipped S1 and S2 since I took a long break from the game and came back for S3, I went Amber ->mid emerald with vanilla axe shield, it works didn’t have too many problems. Then I started q’ing with a friend who was in end of sapphire and one game the enemy team had 1 condi mes, 2 condi necros and 2 condi warr. I knew I’d be kitten if I didn’t have actual condi cleanse and not just healing sig and zerker stance, so I tried respeccing to my old yolo berserker axe shield I ran when HoT came out with runes of rage and berserker ammy and it was a game changer. Missing a primal burst doesn’t screw you over, but missing a normal burst on a vanilla war is a major problem when it comes to AH.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I am now henceforth known as Fujarir!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

I am now henceforth known as Fujarir!

Burh dnot heta my dysxelia plzi!

PS: I’m not changing that!!!! >:J

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

utilities as in the trait effects or do you actually use rage skills?

“missing a normal burst on a vanilla war is a major problem when it comes to AH”

hell yeah it is. btw i was talking about wvw ony where i see just as many vanilla wars as zerker ones. could be because of the falling damage trait which is a complete kitten skill in wvw

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

utilities as in the trait effects or do you actually use rage skills?

“missing a normal burst on a vanilla war is a major problem when it comes to AH”

hell yeah it is. btw i was talking about wvw ony where i see just as many vanilla wars as zerker ones. could be because of the falling damage trait which is a complete kitten skill in wvw

I was a die hard sw/sh and gs guy forever, sometimes just doing skullcrack or axe. Zerker is definitely superior. Nothing like headbutting someone, hitting an Evis, stunning, applying vuln, swapping to gs, arc divider, 100b etc

People just melt. Especially with Smash Brawler, so many primal bursts in such short time periods. Only thing I REALLY miss is the GS trait from Str line. Those extra few seconds on WW/Rush hurt.

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

“Only thing I REALLY miss is the GS trait from Str line”

pretty sure you forgot about reckless dodge there :P yeah str line is 3 traits superb, kitten the rest → 20% dmg, 20%cd and reckless dodgerino.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

“Only thing I REALLY miss is the GS trait from Str line”

pretty sure you forgot about reckless dodge there :P yeah str line is 3 traits superb, kitten the rest -> 20% dmg, 20%cd and reckless dodgerino.

Didn’t forget, said only thing I actually miss, other stuff is fluff. Berserker >Vanilla.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

GS felt more completed with headbutt, the quickness on going berserk, and the arc divider is what make GS Great. I start use GS with berserker by giving up Strength on the first HoT launch day and never looked back. Along with warrior’s sprint, fast hand and burst mastery. (as pvp aspect)

PvE wise, RR on Defence is a god send trait in HoT map. Again, warrior’s sprint and fast hand….

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

My response to this should have just been a vid of my Swap spamming T1 eviscerates in Spvp. I think i’ve pretty much figured out how to hit with nearly 100% accuracy with eviscerate. It may get Blocked of evaded, but i never miss because of glitches.

The secret

• stop trying to hit with a T3 every time.
  • Eviscerate after using an action with a duration. (short casting)
  • Stop depending soley on eviscerate
  • Learn to dodge while remaining near your opponent
  • you can short cast out of a Dodge, and any movement skill.
  • For some treason Eviscerate is more accurate when you short cast it. For example: normal eviscerate without short cast for some reason goes to where the enemy WAS, but short casting it sends the Eviscerate where your camera is facing. so as long as you face where you want to Eviscerate you’ll notice that you bypass that stupid bug (which is not actually a bug but a side effect of targets changing positions while the attack is casting.)

PS: The same can be proven with every other Skill that has this problem. Even blade trail can be short cast in this way, which is pretty cool.

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

My response to this should have just been a vid of my Swap spamming T1 eviscerates in Spvp. I think i’ve pretty much figured out how to hit with nearly 100% accuracy with eviscerate. It may get Blocked of evaded, but i never miss because of glitches.

The secret

• stop trying to hit with a T3 every time.
  • Eviscerate after using an action with a duration. (short casting)
  • Stop depending soley on eviscerate
  • Learn to dodge while remaining near your opponent
  • you can short cast out of a Dodge, and any movement skill.
  • For some treason Eviscerate is more accurate when you short cast it. For example: normal eviscerate without short cast for some reason goes to where the enemy WAS, but short casting it sends the Eviscerate where your camera is facing. so as long as you face where you want to Eviscerate you’ll notice that you bypass that stupid bug (which is not actually a bug but a side effect of targets changing positions while the attack is casting.)

PS: The same can be proven with every other Skill that has this problem. Even blade trail can be short cast in this way, which is pretty cool.

Hey

What is short casting?

Also i noticed eviscerate is heavily dependent on your ping/avg ping

if 100+ ping you will not go the full 300 range listed

if 50 ping(not 60 or more) you will go about 300

with less than 50(about ~40) you will go 300 range but the evis hitting around 430 range(like auto attack range end of the animation)

oh yeah btw, can you give example how to do this short casting? do you mean like shield bash and then eviscerate?

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Lol.

Shortcasting
When activating and action you may notice that you can queue up another action while the current one is taking effect. This is a feature build into the game which helps the system keep track of effcts. This is also why you may notice sometimes when you are lagging that abilities you activate all get the gold “activatiing” indicator but nothing happens"

Basically think of it as a queue for abilities meaning you can queue up an ability to activate as soon as the next one ends. With instant casts theres not point, but with actions that have a duration like eviscerate, or sheild bash the queue can be used to your advantage, allowing you to get off an ability quicker than normal. Keep in mid the action does not actually go off quicker. it only seems that way from your opponents point of view because you did not wait for the previous ability to end. How this helps.

Example
So lets say iim in a fight with another warrior and i dodge his eviscerate. Well without shortcasting I may dodge then use my own eviscerate, but if I activate Eviscerate as i dodge the instant my Dodge ends i’ll come out of it going directly into the eviscerate animation. So what was a dodge becomes an eviscerate. You can do the same thing with any skill that has a cast time while doing any action with a duration to varying degrees of success. Shield bash, Headbut , Kick, Stomp, pretty much any movement skill works pretty well.

The upside is that you may appear to look like you have SUPER good reaction time, when in fact you are just doing two things at once..

There is a difference of course between shortcasting and just spamping the queue with button presses. Shortcasting is meant to be precise. it does not work unless the two actions you choose to queue 1: work well together, and 2: are done at the right time.

Queuing a Trap+teleport for example is probably not really worth it, but queuing a leap and a trap may be as it allows your trap to be cast “sooner” (not quicker, the cast time is still the same)

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

they are not needed

the strongest warrior build ive found runs neither of them

Strength/Tactics/Zerker

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

they are not needed

Strength/Tactics/Zerker

I generally find Tactics underpowered, so I’m intrigued and skeptical. Care to share a build or vid?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Choppy.4183
choovanski.5462:
they are not needed
Strength/Tactics/Zerker
I generally find Tactics underpowered, so I’m intrigued and skeptical. Care to share a build or vid?

It does not work for PVP. shout heals are just two weak, The only use i can see is extra burning thorough burning arrows, a little team support through phalanx strength, and extra condi damage through the strength line+berserker’s great condi support. It would definitely work in PVE, but not in PVP. Never.

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

Choppy.4183
choovanski.5462:
they are not needed
Strength/Tactics/Zerker

It does not work for PVP. shout heals are just two weak, The only use i can see is extra burning thorough burning arrows, a little team support through phalanx strength, and extra condi damage through the strength line+berserker’s great condi support. It would definitely work in PVE, but not in PVP. Never.

im not going to share the build because it will get nerfed.

its the easiest build ive played in all my time in pvp. the burst dominates & its tanky with team support. its seriously scrubby. deserves metabattle, but it would get beserker nerfed so im not gonna post it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

its the easiest build ive played in all my time in pvp. the burst dominates & its tanky with team support. its seriously scrubby. deserves metabattle, but it would get beserker nerfed so im not gonna post it.

Ok… wanna fight me with it instead then? I’ll use conventional warrior builds.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

posted in wrong thread LOL

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

I’d be happy to fight it using Mesmer too, core or chrono

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

I’d be happy to fight it using Mesmer too, core or chrono

if y’all see me online on NA whisper me, im keen.

unfortunately im only on when guildies drag me on, im mostly playing BDO these days. so might not see me as im on only once or twice a week.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Can you use
Defense in a PVE build as long as you use Phalanx Strength and Berserker line?

I didn’t realize how old this was, I found it while googleing.

(edited by Oldirtbeard.9834)