(Delete ->Thick Skin) (Move->Dogged March)

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Thick Skin

Delete it, no one needs it.

Dogged March

make it an adept minor trait in place of Thick Skin.

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So, let me get this straight. You want more great minor traits in the Defense line?
You already get Adrenal Health and Spiked Armour and you want dogged march too? Why not just make the Defense line god mode? Would be easier to select it then.

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

So, let me get this straight. You want more great minor traits in the Defense line?
You already get Adrenal Health and Spiked Armour and you want dogged march too? Why not just make the Defense line god mode? Would be easier to select it then.

Well you have to take it anyways :P

Shuriyo

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I cant imagine ANY Warriors out there ever wanted, or cared about Thick Skin.

I’m thinking it seriously is THE most useless minor trait in the game. It’s certainly the most unloved in in the Warrior class, at the very least.

I was really hoping they’d delete it and replace it with something else during this revamp.

I also dont see why they nerfed armored attack from 10% to 7% either. Assuming you have a toughness of 1800 or so from soldiers gear, which is fairly high, thats +180 power at 10%, or 126 power at 7%. Blech, 126 power for yourself only? Empower Allies is =150 power for EVERYONE, 150×5=750 power total. Armored attack in its current form and location is not a choice, it’ll never get picked.

Solution
Move Dogged March into Thick Skins minor spot, since its basically mandatory; only a niche few block-spam builds will take shield master, and no one will touch the nerfed Armored attack trait.

Next unnerf Armored Attack to 10% toughness > power conversion

Finally, a 3rd new adept trait, to fill the gap, something like…
“Unbreakable Armor: Whenever you are inflicted with vulnerability, you instead gain Protection for 3s. Cooldown 30s”

in Warrior

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

I cant imagine ANY Warriors out there ever wanted, or cared about Thick Skin.

I’m thinking it seriously is THE most useless minor trait in the game. It’s certainly the most unloved in in the Warrior class, at the very least.

I was really hoping they’d delete it and replace it with something else during this revamp.

I also dont see why they nerfed armored attack from 10% to 7% either. Assuming you have a toughness of 1800 or so from soldiers gear, which is fairly high, thats +180 power at 10%, or 126 power at 7%. Blech, 126 power for yourself only? Empower Allies is =150 power for EVERYONE, 150×5=750 power total. Armored attack in its current form and location is not a choice, it’ll never get picked.

Solution
Move Dogged March into Thick Skins minor spot, since its basically mandatory; only a niche few block-spam builds will take shield master, and no one will touch the nerfed Armored attack trait.

Next unnerf Armored Attack to 10% toughness > power conversion

Finally, a 3rd new adept trait, to fill the gap, something like…
“Unbreakable Armor: Whenever you are inflicted with vulnerability, you instead gain Protection for 3s. Cooldown 30s”

They nerfed armored attack because it’s not berserker.

in Warrior

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So, you want Dogged March, Spiked Armor, Adrenal Health, Shield Master, Cleansing Ire and Defy Pain/Rousing Reslience on Defense?

Lol, that is insanely OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

they can just lower the threshold of thick skin to 75% or just replace it with something new, the trait is basically useless

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Juba.8406

So, you want Dogged March, Spiked Armor, Adrenal Health, Shield Master, Cleansing Ire and Defy Pain/Rousing Reslience on Defense?

Lol, that is insanely OP.

^^^

You don’t have to reply twice, this is nothing compared to what ranger is getting.

Also the Grandmasters in defense line for me are worthless, i would make Dogged March a Grandmaster and make Defy Pain an adept but Mace users are going to hang me.

so the work around is making Dogged March a minor trait.

BTW currently i run Dogged March > Cleansing Ire > Missile Deflection . so putting Shield master and Dogged march in same tier will break my current build.

There is another option, Cleansing Ire is the best trait in Defense line, and I’m pretty sure most warriors will pick it over the other 2 traits.

So how about making Cleansing Ire a Minor trait ? since every warrior is going to pick it.

then make dogged march a Master trait

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ranger is getting nothing compared to just this one trait.
The class with the most health, heavy armor and the most immunities should not get a minor trait that punishes you for even attacking it 50% of the time. As a choice between Dogged/Shield Master and this, I’m fine with, but as minor? Crazy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The class with the most health, heavy armor and the most immunities should not get a minor trait that punishes you for even attacking it 50% of the time. As a choice between Dogged/Shield Master and this, I’m fine with, but as minor? Crazy.

This post right here shows a lack of knowledge about warrior.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Dogged march as a minor trait would be too much.

It’s in a good spot right now anyway. We don’t want to see every warrior being near immune to move impairs while reflecting projectiles and gaining insane amounts of might at the same time.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I can’t wait on Ranger actually.

Are you missing the nigh-perma-Protection option?

Protective Ward = When you take any damage, you gain 8s baseline Protection (+20% because of Lingering Magic in the same minor trait) so 9.6s Protection against a cooldown of 12s without another single source of boon duration.

Although not required, Nature Magic also has synergy with Wilderness Survival because of Evasive Purity as well.

Wilderness Survival gives you
25% Endurance regen
Protection boon on dodge roll (no even need to invest in boon duration then)
Bark Skin (50% damage reduction above 90% health)
Now add Oakheart Salve (5% reduction when under Regen effects)
… nothing like 88% damage reduction after armor when above 90% health … now add that you have up to 50% Weakness uptime from Protective Ward and all you have to do is sit in your Healing Spring … lol
+
+ Empathic Bond for condition removal

Now because of Fortifying Bond, the pet is just as tanky as you are.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

It’s in a good spot right now anyway. We don’t want to see every warrior being near immune to move impairs while reflecting projectiles and gaining insane amounts of might at the same time.

You can achieve this now with the current system.

Dogged march, Deflecting Missiles & Mighty Defenses.

BTW you Can NOT reflect missiles and gain might, gain might works on melee attacks blocked.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I say no because it is way too OP and warriors don’t need Dogged March all that much.

It is strong, but not necessary for warriors to be viable. If I brought a shield, I would take shield mastery over dogged march any day.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

I say no because it is way too OP and warriors don’t need Dogged March all that much.

It is strong, but not necessary for warriors to be viable. If I brought a shield, I would take shield mastery over dogged march any day.

And I would kite you all day.

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

Ok, I’ll just shoot you with my longbow while I’m standing on the point.

If I have MH sword, I’ll make sure you can’t kite me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Devs at least take a look at Thick Skin this trait is useless. It should be Like 250 extra Armor above 75% HP or something.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Yeah, you can shoutbow conquest all day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Yeah, you can shoutbow conquest all day.

More reason for Stronghold to launch SOON.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

You can achieve this now with the current system.

Dogged march, Deflecting Missiles & Mighty Defenses.

BTW you Can NOT reflect missiles and gain might, gain might works on melee attacks blocked.

Yes I know you could achieve this but you would need to use 4 trait spots in 2 different lines, when you compare it to proposed 1 minor trait slot and 1 trait spot. And on top of that you could also take Cleansing ire and one more trait, for example Defy pain. All that in one trait line.

I also know that reflected projectiles are not counted as block and don’t give you might. I was overexaggerating the situation a bit, but it’s not too far from truth nevertheless.

Shield trait will be extremely strong after the patch and it’s a good thing it comes with a drawback of not being able to take Dogged march.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

If you’re shoutbow then you’re using dogged march anyway, so what point are you even making?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

^^^ Defense line still required for PvP/WvW (arguably PvE too) so moot point. Until Cleansing Ire/Adrenaline on hit is given alternatives, no point in discussing really.

Me <3 the new Physical Training + Rampage as an alternative now. It’s the new little love needed for Hambow-bodyblow. Need a cool name for it like Hambowblow.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Turtle%27s_Defense

Anyone misses this by any chance? Thick Skin is useless but don’t make the defense tree line broken.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

If you’re shoutbow then you’re using dogged march anyway, so what point are you even making?

Sometimes I use sword/shieldbow.

in Warrior

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Off-topic, but…

I can’t wait on Ranger actually.

Are you missing the nigh-perma-Protection option?

Protective Ward = When you take any damage, you gain 8s baseline Protection (+20% because of Lingering Magic in the same minor trait) so 9.6s Protection against a cooldown of 12s without another single source of boon duration….

It will not work that way, they said in the stream that the protection will be affecting the pet only.

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Well you have to take it anyways :P

You don’t have to take it at all!
With brawlers recovery and mending, I can see a lot of people going Strength, Arms, And Discipline. Especially Skullcrack.

If anything, Discipline is the most essential and powerful trait line at the moment. Everything there is absolutely powerful and to extreme extension essential for being successful with warrior