Delete Warrior Stances

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Delete them from Utility skills.

And instead add them as new Burst skills.

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

That’s… an interesting proposal

I’d definitely love to have a mechanics with more F skills. However, adding static F skills like that would be too similar to virtues I believe (and guardians don’t have burst skills). In the end, I think I’d prefer a second F skill based on the offhand weapon equipped, and fueled by adrenaline. It could bring damage or control (as the original burst skills), or sustain and support (something the warrior is needing).

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

+1, not sure with stability on F ability tho, but endure pain and berserker stance YES GIMME GIMME!
Would be great and imo needed!

(edited by Obindo.6802)

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Love the suggestion! The cooldown on those stances should also be around 45 seconds. In todays meta, warriors need those stances just to hang in there with the more powerful professions.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: NickDanger.6015

NickDanger.6015

I seem to remember suggestions similar to this. How about a slightly different twist? Stances like attunements. Fun to think in any case. (I’m not claiming any originality btw)

Berserker Stance basically like a dogged march type. Movement impeding greatly reduced conditions reduced, damage reduction from condition modifier or in combat pulsing resistance. Increased adrenaline gain?

Hardened (or Defiant if you rename our heal) Stance pulsing regen and protection or incoming direct damage mitigation

Balanced Stance 1 stack of stab every 3-5 sec and swiftness.

Putting some of the traits in the stances frees up build space for new/reworked things. Can add in traits similar to ele that give certain boon on stance swap or other effects.

(edited by NickDanger.6015)

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: MrHarses.6801

MrHarses.6801

To me stances sounds more like a selectable passive ability, like NickDanger said, kind of attunements…

Whatever you call it there should be a DPS stance, providing more damage and adrenaline regeneration at the cost of more weakness like increased damaged received or all damage received are crits.

Then you need some defensive stance with damage mitigation and enhanced boon duration at the cost of reduced outgoing damage and/or lower adrenaline regen.

Lastly a control/mobility/neutral stance with let’s say bonus movement speed and reduced control duration, like combined dogged march+warrior’s sprint trait.

Swap mecanics could be like: need full adrenaline bar to swap stance or being out of combat.
Could imagine different burst skills based on current stance so you need during combat you need to choose between swaping stance or trigger burst skill.

We can also imagine adding fast hands to some (but not all) of these stances as many people seems to want it as a core feature it can be a great alternative…

All that are just ideas…

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

- No cooldown, swappable only on max adrenaline.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Linky.9178

Linky.9178

I think theres already a game with very similar mechanics that you guys are suggesting.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I think theres already a game with very similar mechanics that you guys are suggesting.

/coughWoWcough It’s big on “stances” to delineate role shifts.

But not really. I think what the originator is suggesting is that Stances could become Burst options instead of just “use weapon for allegedly massive damage” attacks.

The idea definitely has merit. By shifting sustain/defenses to the Adrenaline bar, it greatly increases Warrior’s design space:

• The Adrenaline Stances can have much lower cooldowns and effects, possibly with somewhat shorter effect durations, since it comes at the cost of Burst attacks.
  • Not having to bind Stances to utility slots increases Warrior options.
  • The vacated Stances open up space for an entirely new utility set or new utility trigger stances to give Warrior other self-buffs and effects it’s been needing.
Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

While it’s good to think big, I think it’s fairly safe to say Anet isn’t going to be interested in redesigning any class mechanics. I mean, this goes beyond what they did to the mechanics for the new elite specializations, and that had new revenue riding on it.

I suspect the best we could hope for would be tweaks to existing skills (cds, damage, durations, possibly adding effects) and maybe some trait modifications and minor reorg.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Juba’s got an interesting idea here. I just don’t see Anet remotely entertaining this amount of redesign.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Mmmmh… Interesting, reasonable idea that would increase sustain and add build variety.

Yup, chances of this making it in the game are effectively zero.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

- No cooldown, swappable only on max adrenaline.

Hmmm…

This sounds neat.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This is being approached wrong.
Stances should be affected by adrenaline. This allows for bruiser builds who stockpile adrenaline slower, but don’t use it. The stockpiled adrenaline feeds stances, adrenal healing and other aspects of their sustain.

The reverse also needs to be made. High burst damage builds that seek to build adrenaline rapidly and use it as quickly as possible to create moments of hyper aggression.

Currently their is no real reason not use adrenaline, and with no viable builds truly being on the table at the moment for PvP this would at least allow for some theory crafting to be done.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: MrHarses.6801

MrHarses.6801

So maybe something more like you can activate a stace with F3 F4 F5 when adrenaline is full.
Then you need to continue attacking to maintain adrenaline level and keep stance activated or you can trigger it to use a burst skill relative to the active stance (high damage, heal, cc, etc.)
If adrenaline drop to 0, stance is canceled and start a 10s CD.

Basically this is not that far from the existing berserker F2… Just it gives you the choice to use burst skill or keep the stance active as long you can sustain it by generating adrenaline.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

best suggestion so far.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Some interesting ideas mentioned with the Fskills, stances and adrenaline.
Although there are 5 stance spells though. What should happen with the ones that are not chosen as Fskills?

Maybe we could get additional with Fskills, but the stances can remain utility skills?
The Fskills could maybe fill up more specifically what warriors really need.

Anyway maybe post it in the thread in the link below?
Its a thread about warrior suggestions that is getting large.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestions-for-the-Warrior/first#post5847189

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I like this. Adrenalin is easy to come by, so even if I have to use the full bar for each ability its fine by me.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

seriously, that proposal is from my thread Warrior redone

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Now it doesn’t have to be Adrenaline related skills or maybe it should, what I’m trying to say there are number of ways to balance them like:

• Normal cooldown based skills with no relations to Adrenaline (as simple as an extended utility slots)
  • Adrenaline consuming skills with no cooldown
  • Mixture of cooldown + Adrenaline consuming (30s + 1 bar Adrenalin for Balanced stance)
  • Attunement/Virtues/Energy kind of, but imo is asking for too much.

Also and hold on to your brains, You can swap whatever stance you want in these F slots.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

The best thing they can do is create F1 burst skills for off hand weapons. For example, be able to change the F1 mace burst skill for F1 shield burst skill.

F1 Shield burst skill: Armored:

Stance: You give a blow with the base of your shield on the ground sending a shockwave that deals damage to enemies and reducing the damage you take while holding this Stance. You lose a level of adrenaline every time you take damage in this Stance. You can not move.

• Damage: X
    *Range: X
  • Adrenaline Level 1: 2% reduced damage.
  • Adrenaline level 2: 3% reduced damage.
  • Adrenaline Level 3: 5% reduced damage.
  • Combo finisher: Blast.

Also, keep in mind the berserker skills for F1 off hand.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The best thing they can do is create F1 burst skills for off hand weapons. For example, be able to change the F1 mace burst skill for F1 shield burst skill.

F1 Shield burst skill: Armored:

Stance: You give a blow with the base of your shield on the ground sending a shockwave that deals damage to enemies and reducing the damage you take while holding this Stance. You lose a level of adrenaline every time you take damage in this Stance. You can not move.

• Damage: X
    *Range: X
  • Adrenaline Level 1: 2% reduced damage.
  • Adrenaline level 2: 3% reduced damage.
  • Adrenaline Level 3: 5% reduced damage.
  • Combo finisher: Blast.

Also, keep in mind the berserker skills for F1 off hand.

I like the idea of a burst skill for offhands (and presumably a second one for 2-handed weapons), but rooted in place for a 5% damage reduction that disappears after 3 hits? No thanks!

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

stances as three modes where adrenaline is consumed while they are active would be dope.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If I understand this right the OP is basically asking for stances to be made baseline and given to all warriors by “default” with a typical CD or an adrenal cost.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Sounds good but a little too much like virtues. Maybe f3 will let you equip a new weapon since you guys are weapons masters, or stances have increased effects and an active ability tied to the stances

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

since you guys are weapons masters,

Its a lie

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Doon.2364

since you guys are weapons masters,

Its a lie

It’s true, no other class can throw rocks better than we can. lol

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Doon.2364

I hope Anet doesn’t just glance the topic and ignore this thread. This is by far the best suggestion in fixing the warrior I have seen. It’s simple and yet it keeps warriors mechanics exactly the same. But the impact is significant, it will free up utility slots so warriors can finally use rage skills or physical skills and even bring banners to team fights.

Good job Juba!

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

what if they did make them passive, lesser versions of themselves, but they fully rework our stats?

endure pain would lower damage we take, but lower our damage output too

Balanced stance would give us normal damage output, but rather than stability, all control effects are reduced, or allows us to break out of control attacks.

Berserker raises adrenaline per hit, and lowers Condition lengths

fury still gives quickness and might but makes us glassier

stuff like that

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

stances are not powerful enough to nerf. why would you make them make us weaker when they are supposed to make us stronger!?

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Stances as burst skill would be cool.
F2 balanced stance
F3 berserker stance
f4 frenzy
(or swap one of the three for endure pain) (f5 reserved for elite spec)
But make them mutually exclusive. Only one stance can be active at a time. Perhaps even make them share a cooldown. Adrenaline level would increase duration of effect.

Like the idea of offhand bursts as f2 as well. 2handers would just get a 2nd burst skill.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

If I understand this right the OP is basically asking for stances to be made baseline and given to all warriors by “default” with a typical CD or an adrenal cost.

this.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

this.

Tbh i dont see why not !

Every class gets both a little survivability and a little damage from their f-skills, while warriors get……1 more skill.

Granted, some of the skills are great but when you compare them to the other classes, their a joke

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Doon.2364

Guardians have virtues, warriors have stances. This just makes sense.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

But make them actual stances.

So only one stance can be active at a time, lower the cd and effect by a lot.
For example :
Endure pain : reduce incoming direct damage by 20%.
Berserker stance : reduce incoming condition duration by 20% and generates 2 adrenaline/3s
Balanced stance : pulse stability and swiftness.

Stances lasts forever and you need something like a 10s cd to switch.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

For example :
Berserker stance : reduce incoming condition duration by 20% and generates 2 adrenaline/3s

Endure Pain needs to remain an anti-gank damage negation skill. Easiest way to do this, would be to simply turn it into a Physical instead, along with Mending.

The stances we’d have available would be Frenzy (attack speed increase), Berserker (generate adrenaline), Balanced (pulse stability).

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

For example :

Endure Pain needs to remain an anti-gank damage negation skill. Easiest way to do this, would be to simply turn it into a Physical instead, along with Mending.

The stances we’d have available would be Frenzy (attack speed increase), Berserker (generate adrenaline), Balanced (pulse stability).

Endure Pain and Berserker Stance have to stay the way they are…maybe make it 3 seconds base and 4 seconds when traited for Endure pain and 5 secs base 8 secs traited for Berserker

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

People are saying it’s too much like Virtues, but isn’t the guardian supposed to be the Defensive supportive heavy (passive aegis, blinds, regen) and the warrior is supposed to be Offensive support heavy (might, fury)? I don’t see how making stances default for warrior would make it like Guardian. Still very different mechanics overall esp with a Burst (F1) for warriors (which hardly hits anyways in current PvP meta, lol – blind blind blind block block…).

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Hope Anet paid some attention here.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

I think this thread deserve another raise, this simple fix would transform warriors.

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol. Dude someone just said you were on crack on reddit… so get a clue dude… This will be too OP…. lmao thanks for the laughs though

Delete Warrior Stances

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Lol. Dude someone just said you were on crack on reddit… so get a clue dude… This will be too OP…. lmao thanks for the laughs though

No wonder, Reddit is popularity contest show with fluff/PvE minded ppl, My mistake for going there.
the Sad thing Anet responds to reddit and does not read their forums.

thx for the bump anyway