Dire, Trailblazer or both?

in Warrior

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Greetings,

I’m currently working on a condi based warrior build for WvW and I am not sure on what armor I should craft. I’m leaning more towards the dire since its a hell of lot cheaper than Trailblazer, but I wanted to get a second opinion from those who are more well versed in the class than I.

Also if you have any tips about the play-style of a condi warrior in a the WvW setting that information would also be appreciated. The weapons that I am using for this build are S/T and a LB.

Thanks in advance for the Input.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

In the warrior 101 thread I specified the best stat sets for condition warrior. Don’t even think about Dire. You already have plenty of Armor and Health from just being a warrior. I strongly recommend Rabid if your trying to save gold. Later on i’d swap out to either Sinister, or Viper depending on your build.

Some people may also suggest Wanderers for later on, and honestly, you’ll be VERY tanky if you go that route, but to me the toughness is wasted on wanderers, at least for the warrior.

in Warrior

supa suop.8026

Some people may also suggest Wanderers for later on, and honestly, you’ll be VERY tanky if you go that route, but to me the toughness is wasted on wanderers, at least for the warrior.

But why use wanderers?

Is it for the increased boon duration?

[SoS] PvX Thief,
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Wanders replaces power with toughness, you still get the precision, conditions duration, and , condition damage. but that extra toughness is what people like. with that toughness warriors can easily get around 3000 armor which is almost like having 100% protection up-time.

Personally I don’t waste my time with Wanderers, because the direct damage from power makes me more dangerous. Longbow auto attack for example hits pretty hard, (though it does not look like it because the damage is split into two separate arrows), and Arcing shot hits like a truck at point blank (the best place in my opinion to use it because it it hits the ground instantly when fired at your feet)

in Warrior

supa suop.8026

Wanders replaces power with toughness, you still get the precision, conditions duration, and , condition damage. but that extra toughness is what people like. with that toughness warriors can easily get around 3000 armor which is almost like having 100% protection up-time.

Personally I don’t waste my time with Wanderers, because the direct damage from power makes me more dangerous. Longbow auto attack for example hits pretty hard, (though it does not look like it because the damage is split into two separate arrows), and Arcing shot hits like a truck at point blank (the best place in my opinion to use it because it it hits the ground instantly when fired at your feet)

I might be mistaken, but are you talking about the PvP amulet, correct?

My original inquiry was what would be the preferred armor to use in a WvW setting. the wanderer stat in PvE/WvW only provides Power, toughness, vitality, and concentration.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

sorry you are correct. sorry i mix it up sometimes because it changes between PVP and other modes. Still rabid is your best bet. warriors rely heavily on precision. Sinister is even better but its harder to get.