Do Thieves completely ignore armour?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

So I’ve been playing a full tank in TPvP recently and it’s been working pretty well for defending home point. I can manage to hold off 2 people and occasionally 3 depending whether they are condi heavy or not. Though, as soon as a Thief comes along I basically have no chance.

Their backstabs and heartseakers hit me for over 5k and I have 3.5k armour.
Even if I use Rampage (takes me to 4.3k~) they still hit extremely high compared to other classes.

I know they can get 100% crit chance, but why on earth do they hit so high on tanky builds compared to other classes. Looking through my combat log most hits I see are around the 1k mark and less, soon as I encounter a thief it’s just constant 2k+

Not even sure what I hope to achieve with this thread but I felt the need to vent my frustration somewhere.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Do people even read the forums before they post? There’s a thread about this literally an inch below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/11-2k-backstab-on-a-3-3k-armor-warrior

Back on topic, thieves are the class that is capable of OHKOing anybody. Keep in mind that in return, they can basically only take like 2-3 autoattacks back. I’ve had thieves come and spike me for 10k, only to get downed after two flails of my hammer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Spike Damage thieves are hardly an issue anymore. The only type of thief that really gets me is a Condition spamming P/D thief, but the Skill required to play on P/D is very high, it is hard to play effectively.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If a thief is doing that much damage to you with stacked armour (You shouldn’t be doing that btw) then they are likely running Scholar rune, and will die in 2-3 hits. Hell just put combustive shot on a point and they’ll kill themselves trying to attack you.

That’s not to say a good thief won’t be able to kill you if they outplay you with well timed dodges, but in tPvP a thief isn’t some kind of 1-shotting machine which kills you instantly while taking literally no damage.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

If a thief is doing that much damage to you with stacked armour (You shouldn’t be doing that btw) then they are likely running Scholar rune, and will die in 2-3 hits. Hell just put combustive shot on a point and they’ll kill themselves trying to attack you.

That’s not to say a good thief won’t be able to kill you if they outplay you with well timed dodges, but in tPvP a thief isn’t some kind of 1-shotting machine which kills you instantly while taking literally no damage.

Ye but I’ve been playing FULL tank in TPvP. Going for full defensive capabilities with 0 offense. I can solo hold a node against 2 people and occasionally 3. Though, Daggers thieves basically completely ignore my armour and it feels like I’m a light armour zerk.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Do people even read the forums before they post? There’s a thread about this literally an inch below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/11-2k-backstab-on-a-3-3k-armor-warrior

Back on topic, thieves are the class that is capable of OHKOing anybody. Keep in mind that in return, they can basically only take like 2-3 autoattacks back. I’ve had thieves come and spike me for 10k, only to get downed after two flails of my hammer.

The Op thread is about do thieves completely ignore armor?

Not.. 11-2k-backstab-on-a-3-3k-armor-warrior

(Two different meanings!)

I will not ellaborate more.
———————————————————————

Op good thread,

It has been known countless times, thieves over extreme attacks are capable of “death ripping” through any bunker class builds; obviously not only to bunk warr.

If you were to ask me how many times i’ve seen a bunk guardian in parties being instantly killed by a thief, i would answer, far too many.

Seriously,

As the saying goes, “it doesn’t take a rocket science to know”, any class whose capable of hitting 11k-38k per hits is a joke to armour.

Even thieves in guilds can hit easily hit these numbers within 1 minutes.

I encourage you to post this in thier forums and they will completely agree with me.

During the meantime, i encourage you to read this post,

“Thief just killed me under 4 sec i couldnt even react”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-just-killed-me-under-4-sec-i-couldnt-even-react/page/4#post2826589

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

People still complain about burst thief? They’re not even in this meta.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Yes they are. I´ve seen them around in PvP

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

They’re in last place on the tier lists. Typically in C-tier whereas warrior is in S tier. That means they’re not a part of the meta.

Ofcourse most people don’t even list D/D thief on there, cuz they’re basically worthless. Probably worse than last place.

If you can find even 1 qualifying team in a tournament (ESL or PAX) that uses a D/D thief, that would be a miracle in itself.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

No, Thieves don’t ignore armour, and it’s impossible to give you a proper explanation without screenshots and knowledge of what actually happened. If it happens again, screenshot everything (or record it) and then post it in the Thief forum asking politely for an explanation and you’ll get one without people just QQing.

Oh, and ignore Burnfall, he’s notorious for being either a 10 year old with a decent vocabulary who lacks the grammatical ability to use it properly, or a troll who started out as being funny but has since lost his touch by spamming the same crap over and over again.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

(edited by Incurafy.6329)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

They’re in last place on the tier lists. Typically in C-tier whereas warrior is in S tier. That means they’re not a part of the meta.

Ofcourse most people don’t even list D/D thief on there, cuz they’re basically worthless. Probably worse than last place.

If you can find even 1 qualifying team in a tournament (ESL or PAX) that uses a D/D thief, that would be a miracle in itself.

Dude.. shut up.. ur so lost.. who still uses D/D… in a non condi build. its all about that perma blind. 2 shot D/P build. whats wrong with u… >.>

in Warrior

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

I think it’s mostly because your average thief is likely to have rather offensive stats. From what I’ve seen, berserker thieves are far more common than any other berserkers.

Anything can do big damage if it has berserker stats. My zerker necro, for instance, probably does more damage overall than my thief

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Dude.. shut up.. ur so lost.. who still uses D/D… in a non condi build. its all about that perma blind. 2 shot D/P build. whats wrong with u… >.>

That’s because all those people trying to show how much burst the thief does is using a D/D thief for example. D/P thief DOES NOT have cloak and dagger. All these stupid screenies and videos for “proof” has it showing cloak and dagger.

Like you said, who still uses D/D thief? It’s terrible!!

Please stop QQing about CND + Backstab burst and that goes for everyone in the warrior forums.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

The Op thread is about do thieves completely ignore armor?

Not.. 11-2k-backstab-on-a-3-3k-armor-warrior

(Two different meanings!)

I will not ellaborate more.
———————————————————————

Op good thread,

It has been known countless times, thieves over extreme attacks are capable of “death ripping” through any bunker class builds; obviously not only to bunk warr.

If you were to ask me how many times i’ve seen a bunk guardian in parties being instantly killed by a thief, i would answer, far too many.

Seriously,

As the saying goes, “it doesn’t take a rocket science to know”, any class whose capable of hitting 11k-38k per hits is a joke to armour.

Even thieves in guilds can hit easily hit these numbers within 1 minutes.

I encourage you to post this in thier forums and they will completely agree with me.

During the meantime, i encourage you to read this post,

“Thief just killed me under 4 sec i couldnt even react”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-just-killed-me-under-4-sec-i-couldnt-even-react/page/4#post2826589

HAHAHAH 4 seconds.

Once playing full GC, a warrior kill me with 1 rifle shot.

Not even 1 second . . . and you will never see me crying in the forums to nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

That’s because all those people trying to show how much burst the thief does is using a D/D thief for example. D/P thief DOES NOT have cloak and dagger. All these stupid screenies and videos for “proof” has it showing cloak and dagger.

Like you said, who still uses D/D thief? It’s terrible!!

Please stop QQing about CND + Backstab burst and that goes for everyone in the warrior forums.

I just said that they are there in PvP because they are (and doing good imo). Meta changes and people adapt.