Do you prefer the rifle or the bow?

in Warrior

Posted by: Millenium.2034

Millenium.2034

I’m pretty new to a warrior, and mainly do PvE. So which one are you using?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Rifle for power builds, bow for condi builds. Pretty straightforward choices for PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

I prefer bow since it’s more AoE than single target and I like Berserker’s Scorched Earth. Bow is pretty good with power build.

in Warrior

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

It depends on how many enemies I’m facing. If it’s a group I prefer my LB but if it’s just an enemy or two I’ll go rifle. If the enemy has a defiance bar I might use rifle since it at least has Gun Flame. There are much better choices to breaking a defiance bar but we are only talking about LB or rifle here. Another advantage to LB is that you can stack might with it. Drop your banners into the fire field left by Scorched Earth, or Combustive Shot if you don’t have Berserker unlocked yet, as well as LB 4 Arcing Arrow and you can stack some might.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Rifle is single target only(with exception of #5) and it hits harder than bow on single target. It’s more bursty but sustain dmg is about the same as LB. Bow could be used as condi or power weapon, or (the best variant) mixture of both, while Rifle is power weapon only. If you take Tactics you can have very strong AA burning dmg. Rifle is also a little bit more defensive weapon: #4 and #5.
Take what you want , really, not a big difference, because most of the time you should fight with your melee weapons
I just more prefer LB visually, i just can’t get used to that combination of heavy armor gear + Rifle. A knight using rifle … a bit weird even in fantasy game …

(edited by Sifu.9745)

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

My preference for the feel of the weapon is rifle.

However, as far as performance goes I agree with what others said above:
For a power build, single target, and/or fast adrenaline gain use rifle.
For a condi/hybrid build and/or multiple target use the bow.

When you add the Berserker elite, the rifle becomes a fantastic hybrid weapon (gunflame), and the bow becomes a carpet-bombing super-weapon.

~EW

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I prefer Rifle over Bow in general, but I recently had two Warriors that heavily featured both ranged weapons. I’ve lost my Scorched Earth midliner and changed Killshot to hybrid Gunflame. Each weapon has some pretty good qualities.

…i just can’t get used to that combination of heavy armor gear + Rifle. A knight using rifle … a bit weird even in fantasy game …

The time in real history when knights were wearing plate armor was the same time firearms were prevalent. Knights with Rifles (muskets really) are more historically accurate than not.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

i just never got into bow….from the first time i tried it at launch i never felt any affinity with it. it aways felt like a bunch of random array of straight attacks….why would i want an exploding shot and a blind and a lb 2 and a cripple ALLL BINDED TO DIFFERENT ATTACKS….just give me 1-2 attacks that do alll this cc and condi stuff.

rifle felt more complete…..felt personality and control over a fight (cc, breathing room, kite ability). with bow i was just firing shots and hoping the thing im shoooting dies before it hits me enough times.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

I use bow. I’m a condi warrior. :P

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!