Does warhorn damage matter at all?

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

Something seems wrong to me.

It seems to me that it doesn’t really matter if I’m using a level-1 warhorn or a level 80 warhorn. Both seem to have exactly the same effect (ie: warrior warhorn skills do 0 damage, so the quality of the warhorn you use seems completely irrelevant to the effects that you get when you use the skills).

Am I missing something? Aside from statistics/sigils, it really seems like — in a game based around the idea of improving your gear over time — that there should be some benefit obtained from improving your gear.

If this really is the case, I’d like to suggest that one of the warhorn skills should be given a minor damage component or that the effects of the warhorn scale somehow with the quality of the item (either in intensity or duration). Even if the scaling is minor, it just seems fundamentally wrong at the moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

yea the damage on offhand weapons only factors into strikes with said weapons so the warhorn among certain other weapon/class combinations will only ever matter for their stats.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

I completely agree. Something here seems odd.

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

in Warrior

Posted by: WhysoSully.4652

WhysoSully.4652

yes and what about effects example( 60% bleed on crit or the chance for stuff ones) since it doesnt do dmg will those even work?

in Warrior

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Yeah unfortunately since there is nothing offensive in attack it’s a pointless stat on the weapon for warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Redundancy.7325

Redundancy.7325

Yea, nothing. But stats do matter, and higher damage means higher stats. But you’re only getting a few extra points for it, so I wouldn’t break your bank to get a lvl 80 exotic over an 80 rare.

That said, I wish they would do something with the 5 skill. AoE vigor and weakness is “ok”, but not great, and definitely not for the longish cooldown and the cast time. I wish they’d either buff the weakness duration or give it some other effect. AoE damage? daze? 3stack might? fury? I dunno, just something else.

in Warrior

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I’d rather they just bake warhorn into the warrior class. I love the weakness debuff/vigor buff, but they are both way to short in duration. I also hate having to waste a weapon slot on warhorn just to get that. Warhorn should be an extra slot in our character sheet and just work like vulnerability…a weapon proc effect.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Warhorn is just a swap weapon to use when your real skills are on cooldown. The area weakness and the area swiftness can be kind of useful, although honestly you should always have swiftness up anyway (SoR) and you can mitigate a lot more damage with disruption or defensive skills from mace, hammer or shield.

I imagine warhorn will have to be buffed eventually. You can tell they meant for it to be a weakness/support set meant to keep enemies weak while you beat them with maces, but it’s just nowhere near as effective as it should be.

I guess its place is mainly in WvW, although usually there are so many people chaining IRSs you don’t really need it there either. The recharge on the skills is so high you can’t reliably use it as a counter to cripples and such. That basically leaves it as a chasing weapon for increasing speed and applying weakness, which again, are things done five times as well by other skills. It’s not a bad weapon; it’s just severely outclassed for what it intends to do. In small fights you can do the same things with other weapons and skills, and in large fights (WvW) it becomes irrelevant because you’re obviously not going to be in enemy formations to weaken them.

I think the #5 slot needs to apply its AoE onto the target you’ve selected, rather than around you, and have its recharge reduced. Adding some light damage wouldn’t hurt it either. The #4 skill is fine for the most part, just in applying Swiftness. The ability to remove some conditions honestly seems more like a cute trick, since you can’t really use it reliably as a counter.

in Warrior

Posted by: PuffballPink.6035

PuffballPink.6035

yes and what about effects example( 60% bleed on crit or the chance for stuff ones) since it doesnt do dmg will those even work?

Don’t worry. Sigils in the off-hand weapon can still be activated by attacks with the main hand.

For example, my sword crits are made of lightning thanks to the sigil of air in my shield.