Dolyak VS Stamina

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Diablo.1384

Diablo.1384

Okay so i want to hear personal opinions on which signet is better, Dolyak Signet = 180toughness (i think) or Stamina Signet = 50% endurance recharge

Without dolyak signet i have 2.7k armour, when using dolyak signet it brings me to 2.9k but i cannot seem to find out which signet is better for all-round defence, remember i only want to use one of these two signets, which would be more powerful for me?

note that i use healing signet, gs/hammer and i will not be using the signets for their active effects, im only looking at passive.

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Dolyak signet is strong now because the active portion of the skill is instant cast with no animation. You may activate the signet mid execution animation and gain the stability.

Stamina signet is strong in theory but it still has a cast time for the active portion; it’s short but still, it means that you cannot cast it mid action. This can be troublesome when facing enemy necros who tend to dump a billion conditions on your face, then fears you to interrupt any attempt at casting.

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Diablo.1384

Dolyak signet is strong now because the active portion of the skill is instant cast with no animation. You may activate the signet mid execution animation and gain the stability.

Stamina signet is strong in theory but it still has a cast time for the active portion; it’s short but still, it means that you cannot cast it mid action. This can be troublesome when facing enemy necros who tend to dump a billion conditions on your face, then fears you to interrupt any attempt at casting.

so passive you would say stamina, active you would say dolyak correct?

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

It’s a tough call, both are good. The 50% endurance regen makes for some nice dodges in a prolonged fight while the clear-all-condis is great when a condi build trys to slam you with a full bar of debuffs in 2 seconds.

Dolyak passive is not really enough toughness to matter, and the active (insta cast, break stun, stability, 60(48) CD) is beaten out by Balanced Stance (insta cast, break stun, stability, swiftness, 40 CD).

Really, what does your build need more? Evades and condi removal? Or Stability stomps and stunbreaks?

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Diablo.1384

It’s a tough call, both are good. The 50% endurance regen makes for some nice dodges in a prolonged fight while the clear-all-condis is great when a condi build trys to slam you with a full bar of debuffs in 2 seconds.

Dolyak passive is not really enough toughness to matter, and the active (insta cast, break stun, stability, 60(48) CD) is beaten out by Balanced Stance (insta cast, break stun, stability, swiftness, 40 CD).

Really, what does your build need more? Evades and condi removal? Or Stability stomps and stunbreaks?

i need more survivability against enemies when im solo roaming so 1v2’s etc, i have enough stability so i was just hovering between more dodges or 180 toughness, so in that case stamina wins?

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Honestly, I use both in many of my builds. With Berserker Stance and Cleansing Ire conditions become a fairly minor threat. This comes at the cost of being weaker vs physical damage but with Soldier gear you’re still fairly well off. Even if your target isn’t using conditions Stamina is still useful because you will be able to dodge much more frequently. The means it can run both it and Dolyak Signet and have both of their cooldowns reduced with a trait. Dolyak has a longer cooldown than Balanced Stance but the passive isn’t AMAZING but it’s worth bringing if you have Stamina on your bar as well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

i prefer stamina over dolyak. cleanse le conditions and more dodge = win. at least that’s how i play.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

i need more survivability against enemies….more dodges or 180 toughness, so in that case stamina wins?

Just comparing the passives? IMHO, stamina wins bigtime. 180 Toughness is just a little bit of damage reduction, but extra dodges are worth a small fortune in avoiding attacks, especially if you know what to dodge.

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Diablo.1384

i need more survivability against enemies….more dodges or 180 toughness, so in that case stamina wins?

Just comparing the passives? IMHO, stamina wins bigtime. 180 Toughness is just a little bit of damage reduction, but extra dodges are worth a small fortune in avoiding attacks, especially if you know what to dodge.

Thank you, that’s all i wanted to know

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

Comparing the two is just not worth it, they’re entirely different tools. It’s also a bit silly to completely ignore half of what any of your tools can do. In this case you’re ignoring either a full cleanse or a stun break.

I will add, however, that the endurance regen from Stamina isn’t all it’s made out to be without endurance food. Endurance gain from bursting with Building Momentum and an Energy Sigil swap can give you plenty of dodging without either. Similarly Dolyak without Signet Mastery is plain inferior to Balanced Stance, however an 8 second cd difference with it makes the extra toughness more tempting.

“This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn.”
-The Book of Five Rings

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

(edited by vox.5019)

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Saint.4732

Saint.4732

Okay so i want to hear personal opinions on which signet is better, Dolyak Signet = 180toughness (i think) or Stamina Signet = 50% endurance recharge

Without dolyak signet i have 2.7k armour, when using dolyak signet it brings me to 2.9k but i cannot seem to find out which signet is better for all-round defence, remember i only want to use one of these two signets, which would be more powerful for me?

note that i use healing signet, gs/hammer and i will not be using the signets for their active effects, im only looking at passive.

To my opinion the Signet of Stamina is better as you will be able to dodge more and remove all conditions placed on you. This will help with almost every class. The Signet of Dolyak is reasonable however it doesn’t break stun.. so you will have to search for the best time to proc it. Also the toughness isn’t going to do much when facing condition based builds. For Stability I prefer “Balanced Stance” As you will gain 8 second stability, 8 Second Swiftness and it has Break Stun so you can proc it as soon as you are being locked. That being said the question of what to use is entirely situational, however I use Signet of Stamina quite often as I like being able to dodge more and break out of immo, cripple, chill, poisons and all the other annoying conditions.

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

The Signet of Dolyak is reasonable however it doesn’t break stun.. so you will have to search for the best time to proc it.

Dolyak breaks stun.

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

Dolyak VS Stamina

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

against condi heave sustained fighters, stamina (necro/engi/ranger)

against bursty teams dolyak (thief/warrior/mesmer)

Also depends on your trait choice, dolyak does not work well without mastery and stamina does not stack with vigor.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior