Dolyak signet

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

The dolyak signet seems kinda weak. It only add 90 toughness at level 80 which isn’t very much. It then gives stability when activated when we already have balanced stance and a passive trait skill that gives it. Maybe some protection for 9 1/2 seconds would he more useful instead

I are a warrioh

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

Last time I used that signet: geyser jumping puzzles in "karkaland’.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

They should just copy the Guardian signet which has the same description. But instead of adding some pointless Toughness, it actually reduces all damage by 10% freaking percent!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Warrior is about DPS, not about damage reduction. You want to be tanky? Play guardian. Stop being a bunker warrior and you dont have to worry. On the other hand, if you use this signet for the Active Bonus, like me, you dont care about the passive.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

If you don’t care about the passive component, why use it? Balanced Stance does what the active part of Doylak Signet does but better.

Shorter cooldown.
Breaks Stuns.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

The dolyak signet seems kinda weak. It only add 90 toughness at level 80 which isn’t very much. It then gives stability when activated when we already have balanced stance and a passive trait skill that gives it. Maybe some protection for 9 1/2 seconds would he more useful instead

I would say otherwise.

Balanced Stance is weak. I alrady have Dolyak Signet which adds me toughness AND use for stability buff.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Mesket.5728

Warrior is about DPS, not about damage reduction. You want to be tanky? Play guardian. Stop being a bunker warrior and you dont have to worry. On the other hand, if you use this signet for the Active Bonus, like me, you dont care about the passive.

This kind of makes me laugh…

reminds of me many years ago, WOW first version, shamans complaining for Molten Core raids… when I was like “Shamans are DPS! want to be a healer? roll a priest!”

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

I would say otherwise.

Balanced Stance is weak. I alrady have Dolyak Signet which adds me toughness AND use for stability buff.

Toughness is pretty bleh.

Balanced Stance breaks stuns and has 20 seconds shorter cooldown. You can improve the duration of the Stability via a Trait.

Dolyak Signet is probably the worst Signet in the game.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Mesket.5728

I would say otherwise.

Toughness is pretty bleh.

Balanced Stance breaks stuns and has 20 seconds shorter cooldown. You can improve the duration of the Stability via a Trait.

Dolyak Signet is probably the worst Signet in the game.

I was just making a point.

Dolyak Signet adds 2 utilities. Balanced stance also adds 2 utilities.

You can use balanced to break stance and have stability if don’t have it cover somewhere else.-

I use Dolyak to increase toughness (which works for me), and Shake it off to break stun (which has lower cooldown actually and also cleanse conditions and heal me a bit, making it 3 utilities for that shout). I don’t need balanced and in my particular case, Dolyak Signet fits perfectly.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Dolyak signet is garbage.

Apparently I can’t explain why or someone reports my post.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Seriously. I guess ANet doesn’t want someone mathematically showing why they need to take action.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Yes, i only use it to avoid being trapped by some Necro camper in jumping puzzle

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

dolyak signet gives toughness? i thought it reduce damage

not on the game right now, can’t really check.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Dolyak Signet should reduce incoming damage by 10%, and then we should get a trait that makes the passives of signets better, add it to the Toughness tree.

Healing Signet: Improves Healing by 100%.
Signet of Might: +10% Base Damage.
Signet of Stamina: Gain 15 Endurance when you dodge.
Dolyak Signet: +5% More Damage Reduction.
Signet of Fury: +10% Base Critical Chance.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Dolyak Signet should reduce incoming damage by 10%, and then we should get a trait that makes the passives of signets better.

Healing Signet: Improves Healing by 50%.
Signet of Might: 50% More Power.
Signet of Stamina: 75% Endurance Regeneration.
Dolyak Signet: 15% Damage Reduction.
Signet of Fury: 50% More Precision.

Stop. Seriously, you’re just being annoying now.
Warriors don’t have to become Guardians to be good.
Let it go and either re-roll a guardian yourself or start contributing something useful towards the Warrior class as an independent class.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Dolyak Signet should reduce incoming damage by 10%, and then we should get a trait that makes the passives of signets better.

Let it go and either re-roll a guardian yourself or start contributing something useful towards the Warrior class as an independent class.

I already did, i’m just offering my suggestions.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

I already did, i’m just offering my suggestions.

Of course you are.
Suggesting two changes that would give Warriors identical traits found in a common Guardian build.

Sigh, guess I’ll have to sleep and hope tomorrow you come to your senses and start talking about builds with the rest of us… instead of repetitively stating that Guardians are the new warrior in a variety of unique ways.

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Really, I like copy/paste solutions as little as the next guy, but Dolyak Signet really needs to be put on par with the Guardian version. After all, the ability description is identical yet it is vastly inferior.

“Reduces incoming damage”.

Only the Guardian version does it a hundred times more effectively. You could still keep the active aspects of the Signets different for diversity.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

Warrior is really the only class stuck being offensive atm. It’s not fair, but in reality going bunker warrior is only useful in WvWvW or PvE.

Signets for warriors are terrible. Dolyak is a waste of a utility slot. I definitely believe it should give us a higher amount of toughness or just give us a % like guardians.

Bam Bam

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Bunker Warrior is useless in PvE.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Signet of Stamina is fine, in fact other than Signet of Rage (and healing signet for PvE in a crit heals build pre patch) it’s the only signet I use. But it really should stack with vigor.

Warriors need their utilities adjusted pretty much wholesale. Banners have potential, but really, things like Kick and Beserker’s Stance are useless. If Shadow Refuge was a warrior skill, it would have a 180 second cooldown. Healing Signet is a joke compared to Signet of Malice, Stomp’s CD could use a 20s reduction, and there’s a laundry list of things that need to happen. Signets should be reworked, and our trait lines need an adjustment big time. I feel like ArenaNet doesn’t want to ruin warrior’s PvE performance, so what needs to happen is a split between the PvE and PvP versions of warrior’s skills big time, as well as classing WvW as PvE, not PvP. There is PvE in WvW, yeah, but that’s not why anyone is there. Fix it.

Bunker Warrior is useless in PvE.

Definitely. Your primary role in PvE is blowing up mobs, and other classes do bunker 1000x better. Honestly, bunker in general is not ideal in PvE, the best way to do most things in PvE is kill as fast as possible.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

Dolyak signet

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Healing Signet is a joke

Would you believe me if I said they actually nerfed it this patch?

Ehl-oh-ehl

Do you even lift, bro?