Don't Panic Just Yet! (Burst Skills CD)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So, I’ve been seeing some hysteria about how Burst skills now have a shared CD. I do not thing this is as bad as it seems and is a case of poor wording.

Right now, it is possible to do something like this:

• Use a burst skill at level 2 adrenaline.
  • Pop a skill that grants adrenaline such as Signet of Fury
  • Use the 3rd level of adrenaline because each tier is its own individual skill and therefore it will not be on CD, only level 2 will be.

This has been around for a while. It’s cheesy but you can use a level 2 Kill Shot, pop Signet of Fury, and Kill Shot again. Bait out countermeasures first and it’s ALMOST good, until they figure it out.

I believe that they are closing up this little loophole and nothing more. It should still be possible to chain burst skills together as we always have. Now it just won’t be possible to pull of 2 bursts of the same set in a row.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Fair. Thanks for clearing this up.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

If this is all that is being fixed, I am ok then.

But so help me if we get nailed hard, I will find a way to invoke a new Greatsword skill called Slap and hit everyone from here to Magumma Jungle.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, i hope this is the case.

in Warrior

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

But that trick working olny with killshot. Try arcing slide for example.

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Yeah… doesn’t work with hammer or sword. A bug fix to Killshot is hardly worthy of being called a class change.

in Warrior

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

But that trick working olny with killshot. Try arcing slide for example.

ya its interesting i tried it too , seems to be only a killshot thing. I thought i heard them mention something about weapon swapping when they were explaining it which would have then implied that people were running double rifle for example to get a 2nd killshot, but doing that doesnt stop cooldown so it only made me think they were doing shared cooldown across all weapons. I’m sure i heard him mention weapon swapping.. Maybe i didn’t and im crazy

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The weird thing is that they worded it so incredibly poor, that we can’t be sure either way. Would be nice to get some attention to our forum to clarify this but really, not gonna happen (and I get that).

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

The weird thing is that they worded it so incredibly poor, that we can’t be sure either way.

There is nothing wrong with the wording. The only thing it can possibly mean is what the OP said. There is simply no way “all adrenaline tiers of that burst skill.” (notice the word “that”) can refer to different burst skills.
But apparently people understand things the way they want to understand them.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

It only works with rifle, nothing else.
so it’s probably not it.

but not like rifle is any viable anyway, and double killshot only will get you killed

in Warrior

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

OP is correct. You can still use two burst skills from two different weapon sets back to back assuming you have adrenaline. The change prevents you from using the same weapon’s burst skill back to back.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

TKS for answering on both thread.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

It’s a good fix. You can still bait out countermeasures by stowing your weapon

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Agreed. Fixed a problem I hadn’t even realize existed, but a good move nonetheless.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

OP is correct. You can still use two burst skills from two different weapon sets back to back assuming you have adrenaline. The change prevents you from using the same weapon’s burst skill back to back.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Oh nice! thanks for clarifying that. Thought it was, every burst ability (different weapons) share cd xD Now I dont’ have to quit warrior \o/

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!

But this isnt the case on live version… I don’t understand how this changes anything.

Shuriyo